PDA

View Full Version : MapleStory

G-Blaze
03-25-2007, 08:52 PM
So, what is MapleStory, you ask? Read on~

You can explore a totally new and unknown world you have never been to, put on beautiful clothes and gorgeous accessories, and even attract other users in the process. You may begin the journey to explore the world of unknown alone, but you may come out on the other end with numerous new friends through hunting and chatting. If you're tired of hunting and competition, how about playing minigames with a friend for a change?

You'll become a brave adventurer protecting the Maple World, and if you're exhausted from all the intense battles and competition, you may one day build your own house at a quiet rural village, enjoying the life of a recluse who welcomes visitors.

At Maple Island, you will learn from the NPC's simple hunting skills and basic control of the game to help you ease into the game. Then, you'll board the ship that heads to Victoria Island, and that's where your journey REALLY begins.

From Lith Harbor that welcomes you from a long journey from Maple Island, you'll run into such fascinating towns as Henesys - the village of bowmen with comfy mushroom-shaped houses gathered together; Ellinia - the village of magicians with mysterious spells embedded between tall trees; Perion - the village of warriors with the fighting spirit typical of the Indians living in highlands; and Kerning City - the village of thieves that reminds you of the back alleys of dark cities.

You'll be playing the game at Victoria Island where all these diverse and unique towns and fields coexist.

Here, you are going to be just a regular gamer hunting down monsters and protecting yourself in the process. You'll be given 4 paths to choose from, 4 that will define your life in MapleStory: Warrior, Bowman, Thief, and Magician. Through leveling up and meeting some requirements, you'll be able to make job advancements and nurture your character in your own, unique way.

*Above text is from nexon.net

So, maybe some of you actually read those paragraphs. To make it short, MapleStory is a fun, side-scrolling, 2-D MMO RPG. You can download it, and it's FREE. Yeah, you saw that. Free. Search maplestory on Google and click the second link, and you cna take it from there. Oh, and if you have Norton Internet Security, disable it whenever you're gonna play. I've been playing for a while, made a few characters and the current one I'm playing with is in my avi, he;s LVL 23 currently. Y'all can discuss the game here, if you play it. Gimme your character's name and the world you play in, and I'll be glad to put it up on a list. Any questions you have, I'll try to answer. Happy Mapling! :D

~List of Players~

(PE2K Username, MapleStory character name, world)

- G-Blaze ~ [QuestionManX, World: Scania] Active
- Dynamik ~ [Ramuth, World: Bera] Inactive
- -Starly- ~ [Xxm39ama93xX, World: Broa] Inactive
- Kig Zark ~ [KingAries, World: Bellocan] Active

Dynamik
03-25-2007, 11:07 PM
Dynamik
Ramuth lvl 3x Hunter
Bera

[Currently: Active]

G-Blaze
03-26-2007, 12:35 AM
Dynamik
Ramuth
Bera

[Currently: Inactive]
Thanks, Dyna, I'll add you to the list. What job are you?

-Starly-
03-26-2007, 01:14 AM
Man, I haven't played MS for a while, but I'll still put mine:

Xxm39ama93xX - Lv 4X Cleric in Broa

G-Blaze
03-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Man, I haven't played MS for a while, but I'll still put mine:

Xxm39ama93xX - Lv 4X Cleric in Broa
'Kay, thanks Starly. I'll add you to the list. You a thief?

Dynamik
03-28-2007, 04:52 PM
Sorry I couldn't reply earlier.
Fix'd post.

EDIT:
I have proof of a picture. :D
http://i13.tinypic.com/33uzy8j.jpg

King Zark
04-06-2007, 02:36 AM
56 Page KingAries Active
47 Fighter BladeAries Not Active/Mule
12 Thief StarAries MULE/Not active

I am saving up 100 mil 1/4th way done.

i get 1 mil a level approx. mesos. if i get rare drops +++

All Ballacon

Dynamik
04-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Yaay, Level35 with a MapleBow now. :D

Ness
04-10-2007, 05:19 PM
I played the game for awhile but I realized the game was mostly about grinding your way to the top. Fun game at first and I really liked the graphics... but the grind is just really bad in this game (found that it was worse than any other MMORPG :ermm:). KSing is a huge problem in this game as well and doesn't help with the grind either.

But for a free MMORPG I would still say that this game is very good. Worth a try at least.

Silfa
04-20-2007, 02:13 AM
Sette
5x Hunter
Bera

BIimp
40 Bandit
Bera

Sette's active but BIimp's kinda dead.

mootixguy
04-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Looks like no one plays MapleSEA (server for South East Asia). Forget it then. I was almost level 50 before I stopped.

This game is dumb IMHO. It's really about spending time, nothing to do with strategy. If I could spend the whole day at the comp, I would be one of the highest levels. And also, the game has been invaded by irritating people and hacks.

G-Blaze
05-23-2007, 12:59 AM
'Kay, y'all I'm back and this thread is back in business. I made a new chara, with sick NX. In the avi. ^_^ I'll replace it and take out RyuMark. I also got a Yeti.

Who
05-23-2007, 03:01 PM
I played way back when it was in beta, but then got bored with it. Oh well.