PDA

View Full Version : Small Amount Of New Pokemon

charmeleonblaze
03-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Does any1 besides me agree that there need to be more new pokemon? Theres only like 109 new ones in all, and like 20 of them old pokemon evolutions.

PIKA_GIRL
03-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Theres a good amount of pokemon.

charmeleonblaze
03-26-2007, 07:02 PM
Theres a good amount of pokemon.

Uhh, no theres not. Go to Serebii.net and look at the list. And again, like 20 are just new evolutions.

Ridley
03-26-2007, 07:02 PM
They already made too many new mons.

PIKA_GIRL
03-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Uhh, no theres not. Go to Serebii.net and look at the list. And again, like 20 are just new evolutions.

Ok..true I agree with you somewhat. But complaining won't make more new pokemon. I guess you have to like what you have.

spr bhav
03-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Does any1 besides me agree that there need to be more new pokemon? Theres only like 109 new ones in all, and like 20 of them old pokemon evolutions.

Have you gone-a-mad? 500+ pokemon seems alot,

:rolleyes:

Ridley
03-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Have you gone-a-mad? 500+ pokemon seems alot,

:rolleyes:
It's 493, actually, although only 7 away from 500

spr bhav
03-26-2007, 07:15 PM
It's 493, actually, although only 7 away from 500

how precise lol... i was close, go me, go-a- me!

charmeleonblaze
03-26-2007, 07:24 PM
It's still a lot less than it usually is. A lot of them are weird and uncreative too.

Bloody TC
03-26-2007, 08:04 PM
There are a lot of new pre-evolutions,evolutions,and tons of legendaries.There aren't many complete stages of shinnoh pokemon.

spartan117
03-26-2007, 08:14 PM
There are a lot of new pre-evolutions,evolutions,and tons of legendaries.There aren't many complete stages of shinnoh pokemon.
They should make 7 extra pokemon.....and the pokemon should really stop.

charmeleonblaze
03-26-2007, 08:24 PM
They should make 7 extra pokemon.....and the pokemon should really stop.

I don't think pokemon should stop for a LONG TIME.

EonMaster Tek
03-26-2007, 08:35 PM
If they do keep making them, I hope they make some cooler looking ones, this gen. of pokemon are full of very creepy pokemon.....:confused:
I'm a freak for the eon family, I was just happy Leafeon and Glaceon looked good. :P

spartan117
03-26-2007, 09:17 PM
If they do keep making them, I hope they make some cooler looking ones, this gen. of pokemon are full of very creepy pokemon.....:confused:
I'm a freak for the eon family, I was just happy Leafeon and Glaceon looked good. :P
Some retarted ones too. That Hodorian thing is weird.....very weird.

Alienshroom
03-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Theres a nough, Though a lot of them are retarded.

catch em all
03-26-2007, 09:39 PM
charmeleonblaze I wanna see with a complete dex of all th poke in diamond or pearl in amomth since there are so little new poke.

charmeleonblaze
03-26-2007, 09:54 PM

Finally, some people who agree with me!

charmeleonblaze
03-26-2007, 09:56 PM
charmeleonblaze I wanna see with a complete dex of all th poke in diamond or pearl in amomth since there are so little new poke.
Dude, I'm not saying I can do that, I'm just saying there arent that many actually NEW pokemon. Besides, I could probably complete, since my brothers getting pearl.

Zart Morder
03-27-2007, 04:53 AM
Ever heard of the second generation? There were only 100 new Pokemon, and of those 19 were evolutions/pre-evolutions of past Pokemon. So quit bellyaching, you got more new stuff this time around.

Poltergeist
03-27-2007, 05:08 AM
Considering some of the awful pokemon they chugged out this round I think they currently have too many. Like the saying goes, quality over quantity.

Shiny Trainer
03-27-2007, 01:06 PM

actually there are 107 new pokemon and there really should be more older gen. evoloutions

Snow
03-27-2007, 01:11 PM
just be greatful there are any new pokemon and etc.....at least there aint like 200 new ones in a single game and if they make it by the hundreds it will keep people into it so chill out

Razzmatazz
03-27-2007, 01:33 PM
No! No old gen evolutions, or pre-evolutions! They're ruining the oldies! For that matter, there are too many new Pokemon, and they're quality is much worse than *gulp* the R/S/E Pokemon. The crap we come up with looks better than what they turned out this generation. No new Pokemon... *gets shot by fanboy asking for Mewtwo evo*

:rambo:

spr bhav
03-27-2007, 02:53 PM

The hot airballoons pokemon, like WTH!!?!?!?!?
The evo of nosepass, like WTH again !!!?!?

WHY!!?!!

charmeleonblaze
03-27-2007, 03:16 PM
The hot airballoons pokemon, like WTH!!?!?!?!?
The evo of nosepass, like WTH again !!!?!?

WHY!!?!!

Theyre running out of ideas so badly.

spr bhav
03-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Theyre running out of ideas so badly.

lol, they should remake crystal in DS and GBA version, that would be SWEET!

The Jr Trainer
03-28-2007, 01:58 AM
there are 107 new i just checked andyeah deffinetly need to be more creative they do usly make lik 150 they got lazy this time and they did make to many legend mons if you want to see them go to:

www.serebii.net

spartan117
03-28-2007, 03:57 AM
there are 107 new i just checked andyeah deffinetly need to be more creative they do usly make lik 150 they got lazy this time and they did make to many legend mons if you want to see them go to:

www.serebii.net
Its cause they ran out of ideas. i mean come on they made a green hedgehog as a legend. Come on now

charmeleonblaze
03-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Its cause they ran out of ideas. i mean come on they made a green hedgehog as a legend. Come on now

Wow, how sad. Theres legendary chipmunks.

Poltergeist
03-28-2007, 03:33 PM

Looks more like a chia pet. Seriously though just as I was begining to like pokemon like tangela and Murkrow they make new evos that are just plain terrible and make me stay far away from them. Take one glance at Purugly, actually even the name says it all, and you will discover that they are really running out of ideas.

Neptune
03-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Aww, but they can't run out of ideas until they have an Eeveelution for every single type!

I want my army of Eeveelutions! >=O

Razzmatazz
03-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Aww, but they can't run out of ideas until they have an Eeveelution for every single type!

I want my army of Eeveelutions! >=O

Why, when you can only have a six man army at a time :tongue:

They need to remake G/S/C... that was really the best game, and those new Pokemon were just as good (some even better, in my opinion) than the first generation Pokemon. That's back when they knew how to make new Pokemon - now the new creatures are just embarrising.

Pokemon Boss-Guy: You know what the kids want? They want to see the old, Never-Used Pokemon get evolutions into tomorows bad Under-Used Pokemon! Quick, evolve Murkrow and Nosepass, and don't forget to evolve Yanma, because everyone loves Yanma!
Artists: ... We quit
New Artists: Hows this? http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa426.png
Pokemon Boss-Guy: My god... you guys are amazing! Quick, get me 106 more new Pokemon!

Chris9898
03-29-2007, 01:33 AM
They have always introduced around 100 new Pokemon every generation... I don't see why you are complaining.

risrilla
03-29-2007, 02:15 AM
I agree with Chris.

106 Pokemon are enough. That totals 493 Pokemon, and that's a lot...

charmeleonblaze
03-29-2007, 02:20 AM
Ok, I admit I was wrong bout saying that there arent that many new 1s, but so many are evolutions and legendaries.
P.S.(Oh God, I feel like I'm gonna puke. I just had 2 enerygy drinks(full throttles), like 4 vualts and mellow yellows, like 5 cups of coffee, and a whole frikin bunch of orange and apple juice, God I love this hotel, (goes to the bathroom and kneels over the toilet))

Chris9898
03-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Ok, I admit I was wrong bout saying that there arent that many new 1s, but so many are evolutions and legendaries.
P.S.(Oh God, I feel like I'm gonna puke. I just had 2 enerygy drinks(full throttles), like 4 vualts and mellow yellows, like 5 cups of coffee, and a whole frikin bunch of orange and apple juice, God I love this hotel, (goes to the bathroom and kneels over the toilet))
Dude, You should be careful, THat's very dangerous.

Revvi
03-29-2007, 11:57 PM
Why, when you can only have a six man army at a time :tongue:

They need to remake G/S/C... that was really the best game, and those new Pokemon were just as good (some even better, in my opinion) than the first generation Pokemon. That's back when they knew how to make new Pokemon - now the new creatures are just embarrising.

Pokemon Boss-Guy: You know what the kids want? They want to see the old, Never-Used Pokemon get evolutions into tomorows bad Under-Used Pokemon! Quick, evolve Murkrow and Nosepass, and don't forget to evolve Yanma, because everyone loves Yanma!
Artists: ... We quit
New Artists: Hows this? http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa426.png
Pokemon Boss-Guy: My god... you guys are amazing! Quick, get me 106 more new Pokemon!

You stole the words out of my mouth. The new Pokemon just... are AWFUL. I loked through every one of 'em and thought only about 5 are good enough to be actual Pokemon It is disgusting how Glacia looks like it has a little girl's haircut, and yet there are more male Evees than female. I also hate how the starters are just like little animals with powers. Nothing special about them.
On the flip side, though, the game itself looks good. :P

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Now now, there are some genius designs amidst the... Well, not so genius designs.

Dialga and Palkia are the best legendaries since Lugia and Ho-Oh, and their elements make them stand out.

Leafeon was a long-time coming... In fact, it should of been in Red and Blue.

Some of the evolutions of older Pokemon are perfect. Togepi is worth raising, because Togekiss (Silly name) is so strong, and the design fits it's first forms.

Yanmega is plain kick-ass, and pretty much makes an old, useless Pokemon competition quality.

Rhyperior is one of the most impressive names, and the look is pretty bad-ass.

And Magmortar and Electivire are incredibly strong and brilliantly designed.

Now for the bad:

The legendary trio... Ummm, all Psychic? No second-element? All look-alike? Very disappointing, but I guess I'll save final judgement for April 22nd.

Lickylicky is as bad as names get, and isn't much stronger than Lickitung... Same with Tangrowth to Tangela.

Porygon Z is tough-as-hell, but poorly designed.

And Glaceon is just filler in every way.

And that's all I can think of right now...

Razzmatazz
03-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Now now, there are some genius designs amidst the... Well, not so genius designs.

Dialga and Palkia are the best legendaries since Lugia and Ho-Oh, and their elements make them stand out.

Leafeon was a long-time coming... In fact, it should of been in Red and Blue.

Some of the evolutions of older Pokemon are perfect. Togepi is worth raising, because Togekiss (Silly name) is so strong, and the design fits it's first forms.

Yanmega is plain kick-ass, and pretty much makes an old, useless Pokemon competition quality.

Rhyperior is one of the most impressive names, and the look is pretty bad-ass.

And Magmortar and Electivire are incredibly strong and brilliantly designed.

Now for the bad:

The legendary trio... Ummm, all Psychic? No second-element? All look-alike? Very disappointing, but I guess I'll save final judgement for April 22nd.

Lickylicky is as bad as names get, and isn't much stronger than Lickitung... Same with Tangrowth to Tangela.

Porygon Z is tough-as-hell, but poorly designed.

And Glaceon is just filler in every way.

And that's all I can think of right now...

I like how your defense of the new Pokemon only showed approval of new evolutions for old Pokemon, proving the point that the new Pokemon suck, and the only semi decent jobs are essentially redraws of old Pokemon.

Oh, and where are you getting the information that things like Togekiss and Yanmega are any good? Is there a site with battle strategy for the new Pokemon already? Link meh, I want to see if Drifblim (whom I've crowned Worst Pokemon Of All Time; Worse Than Luvdisc, Unown, Ditto, And Another Luvdisc Put Together) is any good at all.

pkmntrainermarco
03-30-2007, 09:44 PM
I got Pearl and Diamond!:razz:

There are new evolutions, and you play as Ash Ketchum. In this game, you have to become a Pokemon Master! There's this guy called "Bonsly", who is the new pre-evolution of Sudowoodoo. And Sneazle, who evolves to Weavile.:cool: And Mime Jr., the pre-evolution of Mr. Mime! Leafeon and Glaceon, new evolutions with Eevee, using the "Ice Stone", and Leaf Stone. :happy: In Pearl and Diamond, you're in Sinnoh Region!

Here are some links:

Bonsly - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonsly

Mime Jr. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mime_Jr.

Sneazle - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sneasel

Weavile - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weavile

Glaceon - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaceon

Leafeon - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leafeon

The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-30-2007, 09:46 PM
I like how your defense of the new Pokemon only showed approval of new evolutions for old Pokemon, proving the point that the new Pokemon suck, and the only semi decent jobs are essentially redraws of old Pokemon.

Oh, and where are you getting the information that things like Togekiss and Yanmega are any good? Is there a site with battle strategy for the new Pokemon already? Link meh, I want to see if Drifblim (whom I've crowned Worst Pokemon Of All Time; Worse Than Luvdisc, Unown, Ditto, And Another Luvdisc Put Together) is any good at all.

www.serebii.net man! Then go to the D/P Pokedex.

G/S/C still had the best designs in my opinion... But the new D/P starters are good (Not great) and the fossil Pokemon are cool.

And Driftblim is an HP-monster.

Oh yeah, Weavile! Weavile is just SO cool, and Murkrow's evo is amazing, but awfully-named.

Razzmatazz
03-30-2007, 09:46 PM
I got Pearl and Diamond!:razz:

There are new evolutions, and you play as Ash Ketchum. In this game, you have to become a Pokemon Master! There's this guy called "Bonsly", who is the new pre-evolution of Sudowoodoo. And Sneazle, who evolves to Weavile.:cool: And Mime Jr., the pre-evolution of Mr. Mime! Leafeon and Glaceon, new evolutions with Eevee, using the "Ice Stone", and Leaf Stone. :happy: In Pearl and Diamond, you're in Sinnoh Region!

Um... are you for real? All of the new Pokemon are out, we know about Sinnoh, and that dorky male trainer with the fruity white berret is not Ash. Please, tell me you're kidding...

Oh, and yea, I've seen some of the Serebii stuff - I thought you meant some site like Smogon had movesets and strategy out.
God, Drifblim better not see standard play, I'll make it my mission to kill every one I can...

Professor Geoffrey
03-30-2007, 09:47 PM

Only some of the new Pokemon suck. Driftblim and his pre-evo do indeed suck. Luvdisc, Unown, Ditto, and Luvdisc (again) don't suck! How come I have to say suck in every sentence I say? Anyway, I love all of the Pokemon. Besides most grass types, electric types, and all but two poison types. Which is about the majority of all Pokemon... Actually, not.

Lord Voldemort
03-30-2007, 09:50 PM
109 is quite large enough a number for me, seeing as there were already around 400 before.

TVTMaster
03-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Aw, man! Drifblim is cool! His moveset's mostly crap, but ingame I predict good use.

Anyway, everybody was saying the same thing about how badly the Hoenn mon sucked a few years ago, and now every single freaking n00b in the world is obsessed with the freaks known as Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza. Personally, I think Bronzong, Drifblim, and Snover's evo are awesome. And everyone likes Staraptor and Luxray. (although he should have been dark... :susp:) Even if Bidoof the Magnificently Frugly exists, and Glameow was ruined by Purugly, it's still a good haul. I shudder to think what they'll do with the 5th gen in four or five years.

spartan117
03-30-2007, 10:17 PM
109 is quite large enough a number for me, seeing as there were already around 400 before.
Ya all those names now for me to memorize like I did all the other 386. Wow I cant believe I memorized 386 pokemon but now Im slowly forgeting some of them.

charmeleonblaze
03-31-2007, 01:36 AM
Ya all those names now for me to memorize like I did all the other 386. Wow I cant believe I memorized 386 pokemon but now Im slowly forgeting some of them.

Ive also memorized every single pokemon, except DP 1s. The D&P pokemons names are so hard to pronounce.

Venusaur456
03-31-2007, 11:43 AM
I think there definately is enough Pokemon theres like 491 pokemon!

spr bhav
03-31-2007, 12:45 PM
I think there definately is enough Pokemon theres like 491 pokemon!
493 to be precise XD

MagmarMan
03-31-2007, 01:36 PM
I think that some of the new pokemon are dumb but some of them are pretty cool. I don't think that Magmar, Tangala, Rydon, or Likitung should have evolved. Thats going to far:dazed: (I do like the new Eevee evolutions though:redface: )

james sunderland
03-31-2007, 01:50 PM
I think they need to stop making new pokemon.

And the new Eevee evolutions suck. What next? Can you rub him against a moonstone and get the ALIEN Eevee? Or how about just a regular rock, then he can be ROCKEEVEE. Honestly, it was nice when there were just two evolutions, but now it's just ridiculous.

The new pokemon are unoriginal and don't offer anything new to the plate.

Nirvash
03-31-2007, 02:20 PM

And the new Eevee evolutions suck. What next? Can you rub him against a moonstone and get the ALIEN Eevee? Or how about just a regular rock, then he can be ROCKEEVEE. Honestly, it was nice when there were just two evolutions, but now it's just ridiculous.

Arceus was original, although predictable. And there were never only 2 Eevee evolutions. There were originally 3. =/

Lord Voldemort
03-31-2007, 03:07 PM
Ive also memorized every single pokemon, except DP 1s. The D&P pokemons names are so hard to pronounce.

Maybe because they are the Japanese names.

Alien Eevee would be so awesome!

Razzmatazz
03-31-2007, 04:40 PM
They wont stop until there is Ghosteon, Dragoneon, Rockeon, Groundeon, Bugeon, and Skarmoryeon - I thnk that would make one of every type.

I wish there was still some kind of innovation besides new sprites, new type matching, and some new moves. I don't know what kind of innovations are left, but I'm not paid to come up with them either.

The new evolution methods seem like they'll be kind of tedious, like leveling up on some mountain or leveling up with Ancient Power.

Eh... I'll still love the games, they'll probably feel G/S/Cish with the time system, and they'll probably be great. I can just be sure my party will be nothing but first/second generationers, and Turtwig (never to evolve) because that's the only D/P Pokemon I kind of like.[/rant]

Venusaur456
03-31-2007, 05:58 PM
493 to be precise XD
493 or 491 it doesn't matter that's a lot of pokemon!

Professor Geoffrey
03-31-2007, 06:02 PM
The smallest add was Jhoto. 100 Pokemon precisely. 151 to 251. Then Hoenn with 106, Sinnoh with 108, then Kanto with 151.

Caecity
03-31-2007, 06:04 PM
Err I thought Sinnoh added 109? oh wel I'm usaully wrong.

Darkrukario
04-01-2007, 01:13 PM
There's a perfectly good amount of new pokemon. It seems as if its AROUND the number for GSC. I plan to learn what I haven't, but I've learned alot already.

Razzmatazz
04-01-2007, 01:59 PM
There's a perfectly good amount of new pokemon. It seems as if its AROUND the number for GSC. I plan to learn what I haven't, but I've learned alot already.

Well, it is around the G/S/C amount - only this time there are seven more new ones that G/S/C. And they all suck. I know, you're all tired of hearing me say the new ones suck, but come on... look at this thing...
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffb/dpffb426.png

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Well, it is around the G/S/C amount - only this time there are seven more new ones that G/S/C. And they all suck. I know, you're all tired of hearing me say the new ones suck, but come on... look at this thing...
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffb/dpffb426.png

It's only one Pokemon... And it has excellent HP and good Sp. Atk (But average everything else...)

Now put up an argument for all of them which you claim to suck. Maybe in your effort, you'll come across a few who don't suck. :rolleyes:

Razzmatazz
04-01-2007, 06:18 PM
It's only one Pokemon... And it has excellent HP and good Sp. Atk (But average everything else...)

Now put up an argument for all of them which you claim to suck. Maybe in your effort, you'll come across a few who don't suck. :rolleyes:

Well, if you want me to get all intelligent about this instead of confused rambling, then here. I didn't really research the new ones stats, movesets, or potential uses. Many of them are probably going to be very good fighters, and may become new standards. When I say they suck, I'm talking about my personal opinion on their pictures and names.

In game, it really doesn't matter what team you use. Just level up and use pure power to win all battles. Because of that, I only use Pokemon that I like the looks of, not the neccesarily the strongest ones. So, based on that, I think about 90% of the new ones are ugly, and therefore I don't like them and will probably never use them in my game. Online, maybe I will use some if they're really good, because online you actually need good strategy and Pokemon, not just cool looking ones. Also, online you don't have to train your Pokemon, so I wont have to deal with them besides seeing them in battle for 30 seconds, but in game you have to raise them and deal with them. In game, I'll just stick to the oldies that look cool and are fun to play with, because those are the ones I like.

So, in conclusion, I can say all that, or I can say "suck."

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Well, if you want me to get all intelligent about this instead of confused rambling, then here. I didn't really research the new ones stats, movesets, or potential uses. Many of them are probably going to be very good fighters, and may become new standards. When I say they suck, I'm talking about my personal opinion on their pictures and names.

In game, it really doesn't matter what team you use. Just level up and use pure power to win all battles. Because of that, I only use Pokemon that I like the looks of, not the neccesarily the strongest ones. So, based on that, I think about 90% of the new ones are ugly, and therefore I don't like them and will probably never use them in my game. Online, maybe I will use some if they're really good, because online you actually need good strategy and Pokemon, not just cool looking ones. Also, online you don't have to train your Pokemon, so I wont have to deal with them besides seeing them in battle for 30 seconds, but in game you have to raise them and deal with them. In game, I'll just stick to the oldies that look cool and are fun to play with, because those are the ones I like.

So, in conclusion, I can say all that, or I can say "suck."

Well thank you for clarifying your use of the word "suck".

Your opinion is just that. I happen to like a lot of them, and think the designs and names are much improved from some of the R/S/E ones. Not as good as G/S/C, but good.

That's my opinion. So, thanks for supporting yours. :biggrin:

charmeleonblaze
04-02-2007, 12:12 AM
Good, pe2ks working again, and i finally reserved diamond. the stylus is sweet too! my brother also reserved pearl.