PDA

View Full Version : Nickeledeon: The Lost 90's?

Shadow Eevee
03-28-2007, 12:50 AM
Who remembers going to your house at a Saturday night and watching All That, and watching stuff like Vital information, or You can't do that on television? Or hearing quotes like 'Welcome to the Good Burger home of the good burger.....' and thaaaaaaaaaaat's me!? Who remembers the good times of All that, Amanda show and other stuff? Do you think Nickelodeon was right to cancel these shows? Post your opinions/thoughts/concerns/memories etc. here.
If this is useless, please lock it.

Fire Pkmn Master
03-28-2007, 12:53 AM
I was really made to see All that, Keanen and Kel and a few other shows go. I really loved Keanen and Kel and All that. When the came out with the last few all that members and such its just boring. The orignals are the best.
I would wish that they would bring it back. Oh and Hey Arnold. I really miss watching it on Nickeoldeon. They canceled all the good shows and brought out all these corny shows that younger people might like.

Shadow Eevee
03-28-2007, 12:57 AM
Yeah. My favorite skit from the Amanda Show was the girls' room. SO funny. I also liked All that's vital information.

!CeMAn
03-29-2007, 12:01 AM
LoL, i used to watch the Amanda Show like 3 years ago. Yes, i was about 21.
Every Saturday morning after work. It was funny so i didn't care it was for younger people. Amanda Bynes is hilarious.

Was All That, the other show she was on before with those other kids? Whatever that was, i watched it a few times after i found out she was on it.

PalkiaAndBlisseyrock
03-29-2007, 09:42 AM
I know... they cancelled all the good stuff and made stuff like *slight barf* all grown up ... ANJELICAS SUPPOSED TO BE MY AGE!? YOUR KIDDING!!! And the new spongebobs aren't all that good either... I wish they would bring back Invader Zim... and the Amanda show, I loved that show... and Zims my fav show, I would be REALLYhappy if they brought it back... *sob*

Shadow Eevee
03-30-2007, 12:19 AM
Er, I feel the same way. I wish they had another skit show.

Alienshroom
03-30-2007, 12:21 AM
Ya, That makes me miss the 90's evan more. :sad: The 90's was a great era.

Zavelin
03-30-2007, 03:10 AM
Back in the 90s, you had QUALITY television.

I think the last GREAT cartoon they had was Hey Arnold.

Avatar: The Airbender's alright, but that sort of show falls more into the Americanized anime section.

Soda
03-30-2007, 03:20 AM
Man I love those shows I was born in 94 though so I was only 6 or 7 by the end of the 90s:oops: well I love both the shows and yes The gIRLS Room is hilarious! Lolz I watch Teen Nick all the time on there Zoey(Jamie Lynn Spears the crazy girl's sister) is very pretty if ya know what I mean.

Fire Pkmn Master
03-30-2007, 03:25 AM
I was born in 1990 so Everthing then was just great. I remeber they used to show "Figure it out" and "Legends of the Hidden Temple." Oh and cant forget about "Guts."

RawrIsMyMiddleName
03-30-2007, 03:46 AM
I was born in 1990 so Everthing then was just great. I remeber they used to show "Figure it out" and "Legends of the Hidden Temple." Oh and cant forget about "Guts."

I love watchhing them on the GAS channel on my tv. You can't forget Double Dare 2000 also. I was born on 1992.

Neptune
03-30-2007, 04:15 AM
Eee, old Nickelodeon is love. I adored Vital Information, and I loved all the game shows, especially Guts, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Double Dare, and What Would You Do? There was also this one game show that I can't remember the name of... I remember they had to do all these really random things, usually outside, like brush a giant tooth or jump into a kiddie pool of chocolate pudding or something. XD Anyone remember that? And I loved Ahh! Real Monsters! and Rugrats (the original, not the All Grown Up version >>) and Doug... Ahh, memories. XD

I was born in 1989. X3

Soda
03-30-2007, 04:22 AM
Eee, old Nickelodeon is love. I adored Vital Information, and I loved all the game shows, especially Guts, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Double Dare, and What Would You Do? There was also this one game show that I can't remember the name of... I remember they had to do all these really random things, usually outside, like brush a giant tooth or jump into a kiddie pool of chocolate pudding or something. XD Anyone remember that? And I loved Ahh! Real Monsters! and Rugrats (the original, not the All Grown Up version >>) and Doug... Ahh, memories. XD

I was born in 1989. X3

Ah Love Rugrats and DOug occasianoly and hay Arnold's awosme!

Fire Pkmn Master
03-30-2007, 03:08 PM
I love watchhing them on the GAS channel on my tv. You can't forget Double Dare 2000 also. I was born on 1992.
Yea me to. Every morning before school I would watch them. I forgot about DOuble Dare 2000. :oops:
Ah Love Rugrats and DOug occasianoly and hay Arnold's awosme!

OMG I forgot all about Doug. I would always watch doug. I really wanted to see that movie to and never got to.:sad:

Neptune
03-30-2007, 03:31 PM
[COLOR="red"]OMG I forgot all about Doug. I would always watch doug. I really wanted to see that movie to and never got to.:sad:

They had a Doug movie? Why do I not remember this? o_o

Fire Pkmn Master
03-30-2007, 03:32 PM
They had a Doug movie? Why do I not remember this? o_o

I dont know. I think it came out in 1999. It was in threaters and I wanted to see it. It was like this swamp monster or something and it was summer vacation I think....

Shadow Eevee
03-30-2007, 08:58 PM
I dont know. I think it came out in 1999. It was in threaters and I wanted to see it. It was like this swamp monster or something and it was summer vacation I think....
Loch ness rip off.

My favorite skit from The Amande Show was 'The Girls' Room'! From all that, Vital information.

All that is such a liar.

Seawolf
03-30-2007, 09:10 PM
They need to bring some of these back.

'The Adventures of Pete & Pete', 'Doug', 'Rocko's Modern Life' and 'Salute Your Shorts' were CLASSICS. They don't make shows like they used to anymore. :(

Shadow Eevee
03-30-2007, 09:32 PM
They need to bring some of these back.

'The Adventures of Pete & Pete', 'Doug', 'Rocko's Modern Life' and 'Salute Your Shorts' were CLASSICS. They don't make shows like they used to anymore. :(

Because of that perverted show, Naked Brothers Band. Seriously who watches/likes it?

Fire Pkmn Master
03-30-2007, 09:36 PM
I agree. I never watched Pete and Pete. I think maybe once...Wasnt there also a show called "Are you afraid of the Dark" where there would be kids telling different stories.

I would never watched or listen to Naked Brothers band. I dont watch anything on nick but "Fairly Odd Parents", Rugrats when they actually show it and thats maybe it.
Keanen and Kel was just the best though. My favorite Comdey show back then. Now we got Zoey 101 and Neds Declassified. :neutral: WTF

Espeon EX
03-30-2007, 09:49 PM
I'm not sure, but they did cancel a lot of good shows like "All that", "The amanda Show", those were good, also Rugrats, and those 2 beavers, forgot what thats called.

Fire Pkmn Master
03-30-2007, 09:51 PM
It was called Angry Beavers and I missed that show. I loved this one episode where one of them was blue and the other was like Pink and when the would run or whatever the color would change to there color.

Espeon EX
03-30-2007, 09:56 PM
I also miss the show Invader Zim, but that was canceled in 2000.

Fire Pkmn Master
03-30-2007, 09:57 PM
I never liked the show. I thought It didnt come out until 2000 and ended like 3 years later.:tongue:

Shadow Eevee
03-30-2007, 10:35 PM
I never liked the show. I thought It didnt come out until 2000 and ended like 3 years later.:tongue:

That show gave me the creeps.

PalkiaAndBlisseyrock
03-31-2007, 03:54 AM

this page is sad. it needs a pile of dancing bananas to cheer it up :)

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

how can you not laugh at things like that?

'YOU DARE TELL ME WHAT I ALREADY KNOW!?'
'did you know that?'
'well... umm.... YOUR LEGS ARE STUPID!'

I dunno... guess its just our (the zim fans) sences of humour that makes us like it so much... perhaps i like it cause i can relate to the charecters so much *coughdibcough* but i actually like zim better... lolz im going kinda off topic :)

Saremu
03-31-2007, 04:05 AM
Whenever I had a chance to watch cable I loved watching Hey Arnold and Doug.

Fire Pkmn Master
03-31-2007, 04:43 AM
I would have wished to see more new episodes of Hey Arnold where they would at least get to another grade, find out Arnolds last name for a last episode or something and find out if his parents are alive or not.

Zavelin
03-31-2007, 12:16 PM
There should be a law for giving a series a satisfying ending before killing it. >_>

Shadow Eevee
03-31-2007, 03:48 PM
this page is sad. it needs a pile of dancing bananas to cheer it up :)

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

how can you not laugh at things like that?

'YOU DARE TELL ME WHAT I ALREADY KNOW!?'
'did you know that?'
'well... umm.... YOUR LEGS ARE STUPID!'

I dunno... guess its just our (the zim fans) sences of humour that makes us like it so much... perhaps i like it cause i can relate to the charecters so much *coughdibcough* but i actually like zim better... lolz im going kinda off topic :)
Yeah, I hate Zim.
There should be a law for giving a series a satisfying ending before killing it. >_>
That would be good. No more clifffhangers.

Hanako Tabris
04-03-2007, 07:07 AM
The 90's were the golden age of Nickelodeon, in my opinion. I'm glad that I was old enough to actually remember some of these shows.

I loved the Nicktoons that they had on. Ren and Stimpy was my favorite, though Doug and the classic Rugrats were others that I've watched. And I'm happy that they brought out DVDs of The Adventures of Pete and Pete. That show was awsome. Salute Your Shorts, Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold!, Hey Dude!... These shows need to come back, soon.

Shame that Nick is going down with the shows that they have on now. The only ones that I am willing to watch are Avatar and El Tigre...both shows they rarely have on. I'm not a fan of Spongebob...and definetly not a fan of The Naked Brothers Band. Awful awful show...

Was All That, the other show she was on before with those other kids? Whatever that was, i watched it a few times after i found out she was on it.
That show that you are thinking of is Roundhouse. I loved that show...

Kolase
04-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Four words:

Wild and Crazy Kids

Loved that show...

Oh, and Guts.

Do-Do-Do-Do-Do you have it?

I keep editing this post. XD;

Legends of the Hidden Temple was sweet too.

OH!

AND.

Clarissa Explains It All