PDA

View Full Version : Best Legendary

Ness
03-28-2007, 08:18 PM
I went digging for a thread like this and found one just like it however it is about 3 months old and none of the people who usually post here nowadays haven't posted on that thread so I decided to start a new one.

Anyways in this thread you basically say which legendary you think is the strongest and then tell me why. And by the way I don't really want people to just say:

"i think Rayquaza is teh strongest cause he pwnz everything!! LOL"

because I'm sure it does but that doesn't really say why it is better than any other legendary.

So anyways, lets get this started.

The Harris
03-28-2007, 08:28 PM
well keckleon is hard to get so i will call him legendary so hes the best

Shadow From The Deep
03-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Didn't he say to explain why they are the best or is that just me?

On Topic: I think that Ho-oh is the best because he can have a great moveset, like EQ thunder moves and phsycic moves. and a bunch of others, and this one is just my opinion but he is so cool.

Bloody TC
03-28-2007, 11:14 PM
I think Articuno because it can learn ice beam and blizzard.Since most of the legendaries are flying and dragon(Zapdos,Ho-oh,Rayquaza)it is super effective.I think Articuno is the best and ismy favorite legendary.All in my opinion of course.

LilCharZ
03-28-2007, 11:46 PM
I think Keckleon is cuz:
1:In Lv1 Dungeons, it already has a pretty good MS for a Lv1.
2:In Lv1 Dungeons, it takes 10Exp.Points to get to Lv2
3:It has pretty good stats
4:Good Moveset
5:Get it at Lv90, so it'll already be able to PWN
6:It's almost impossible to get (I have 1 tho)
7:It looks cool!

Blue_Dragon_Mew
03-28-2007, 11:52 PM
Mew cause he can learn every move, which give him a HUGE advantage against his type's weaknesses, and he is super duper cute!
=(^_^)=( )
>MEW<))

Alienshroom
03-28-2007, 11:58 PM
Lugia, Owns all. Palkia is = to him.

LilCharZ
03-29-2007, 12:11 AM
Lugia, Owns all. Palkia is = to him.
What happened to reasons...

Ness
03-29-2007, 02:51 AM
Yea... try to explain a bit more... Anyways though, the one thing that turns me off about a lot of the legendaries is that they are HUGE. I love Articuno and Lugia in the other games but in PMD I find that their size is just too distracting :ermm:.

The one pokemon that I want to get to at least try out is Celebi because I think Heal Bell can be a huge asset to a party. Too bad it can't learn Bullet Seed... but that would make it obscenely good.

I currently use Deoxys a lot, the only problem that I have with it is that Deoxys can't remember moves at the Gulpin Link shop (because of all its different forms). Its movepool is pretty decent but the lack of Psychic moves hurts it when it comes to STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus). Deoxys is works for me because of its variety and it is always kind of neat to see which form it will turn into every floor. I like the speed form the best because then I can run circles around enemies and if things get thick I can run away with ease. Plus, Deoxys is just plain cexy :wink:.

LilCharZ
03-29-2007, 03:02 AM
Yea... try to explain a bit more... Anyways though, the one thing that turns me off about a lot of the legendaries is that they are HUGE. I love Articuno and Lugia in the other games but in PMD I find that their size is just too distracting :ermm:.

The one pokemon that I want to get to at least try out is Celebi because I think Heal Bell can be a huge asset to a party. Too bad it can't learn Bullet Seed... but that would make it obscenely good.

I currently use Deoxys a lot, the only problem that I have with it is that Deoxys can't remember moves at the Gulpin Link shop (because of all its different forms). Its movepool is pretty decent but the lack of Psychic moves hurts it when it comes to STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus). Deoxys is works for me because of its variety and it is always kind of neat to see which form it will turn into every floor. I like the speed form the best because then I can run circles around enemies and if things get thick I can run away with ease. Plus, Deoxys is just plain cexy :wink:.
So that's what STAB stands 4... Yeah, I hate the fact that you can't make Deoxys remember anythin...

Ness
03-29-2007, 03:04 AM
So that's what STAB stands 4

Head here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33791). I've written a small guide about damage and it explains STAB in that thread.

LilCharZ
03-29-2007, 03:07 AM
Head here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33791). I've written a small guide about damage and it explains STAB in that thread.
Yah, I already read that, it makes sense. I guess I didn't see what STAB stands 4.

Ness
03-29-2007, 03:11 AM
Yah, I already read that, it makes sense. I guess I didn't see what STAB stands 4.

Well here is a paragraph... this might make sense but I really broke it down somewhere down that page.

STAB might be a term new to people who have never played the other games before. STAB stands for Same Type Attack Bonus. What this basically does is if a Water Type pokemon uses a Water Type move, for example, the damage will be multiplied by 1.5. Now if the same pokemon used a Fire Type move, there would be no bonus. STAB in this game is the same multiplier as it is in all other games.

Blue_Dragon_Mew
03-29-2007, 03:43 AM
Give doom seeds to Deoxys till he reaches the level befor he would learn the move, and hope, once in a dungeon you get the currect form, then K.O. a pokemon to grow a level(only 1 exp needed). Hope this helps the Deoxys move problem.

Ness
03-29-2007, 03:51 AM
Give doom seeds to Deoxys till he reaches the level befor he would learn the move, and hope, once in a dungeon you get the currect form, then K.O. a pokemon to grow a level(only 1 exp needed). Hope this helps the Deoxys move problem.

Jeeze... why didn't I think of that? Man that will help a lot :biggrin:. I've had my eye on Teleport for a long time. Well thats it then... I'm dragging my Deoxys back down to level 10, but I'm going to need a lot of Doom Seeds then :dazed:. Oh well... off to make some wondermail then I guess~

MysticAura
03-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Mew is the best legendary because it can learn any TM or HM move, has decent stats, and is really useful in level 1 dungeons. Ho-Oh is really useful as well, because it has a wide movepool, decent stats and can recover so I don't have to waste oran berries.

Phantom Kat
03-29-2007, 11:32 PM
Though I haly use the legendaries (they aremostly trophies :wink: ), I would have to agree with Blue Dragon Mew and Mystic Aura on Mew.

Learning any TM and HM is a big help to cover his weaknesses and an excellent choice for Level 1 dungeons as you can use an TM you find along the way.

Besides, his uber cuteness surpasses all.

drykyodre
03-30-2007, 01:05 AM
I actually think it is a tie between mew and celebi, I sauy thsi because celebi can learn persih song and that can knosk out silver trenches giant monster houses. But mew versetileness helps out alot when it comes to doing small monster houses.

brandonelliott
03-30-2007, 09:27 PM
i think mewto becuz its hard to get to him and its a big challenge (unless u used joy seeds and pwned him lol:surp: )

Groudon_fan
03-31-2007, 05:08 PM
Groudon, as it can:
Learn Solarbeam, and has it sunny!
Learns Fire Blast! (I think!)
....And EQ....
....A Bite/Crunch! (I think)