Jet
08-19-2004, 03:28 AM
well... ha, last one was dead, so I gotta make a new one =P

Magic crossover yu-gi-oh

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Jetricson/DarkP.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Jetricson/DM.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Jetricson/BEWD.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Jetricson/DMG.jpg

I've posted DMG before, but decided not to make her a legend lol... oh, and Dark Paladin needs work... it's supposed to cost 4BBBB, 8/5, and supposed to have: "You may sacrifice Dark Magician and Buster Blader instead of paying Dark Paladin's cost."
Gonna work on Buster Blader too...

Kenny_C.002
08-19-2004, 04:06 AM
*stickied*

Well it's that time again. Jet, I'm offering you an opurtunity to help me out. I'm making a set. Heh, costing's never my strong point (I tend to overcost), so help me out man.

I'll introduce you 2 cards with the 2 mechanics I made:

Jet of Fire 3R
Instant
Jet of Fire deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
Tangent [R] (You may remove another card in your hand from the game and pay Jet of Fire's tangent cost instead of paying its mana cost)
Common

Chittering Squirrel G
Creature - Squirrel
Inverse [0] (Whenever this card is removed from the game, you may pay its inverse cost. If you do, put it into play instead.)
1/1
Common

Yeah, Rootwalla...sue me. lol

So yeah, similar to madness, inverse is (while tangent's sort of gating). i'm fine with the costing of those two for sure. But here's something:

Earthling 3GG
Creature - Golem Wizard
T: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
1G, T: Target creature gains +5/+5 until the end of turn.
4/2
Rare

See i'm not sure HERE. Yeah 4/2 for 5 is okay and stuff, but does the addition of the powerful abilities make this still fair? Not sure on whether I should make it more colour intensive or something.

Jet
08-19-2004, 04:14 AM
*stickied*

Well it's that time again. Jet, I'm offering you an opurtunity to help me out. I'm making a set. Heh, costing's never my strong point (I tend to overcost), so help me out man.

I'll introduce you 2 cards with the 2 mechanics I made:

Jet of Fire 3R
Instant
Jet of Fire deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
Tangent [R] (You may remove another card in your hand from the game and pay Jet of Fire's tangent cost instead of paying its mana cost)
Common

Chittering Squirrel G
Creature - Squirrel
Inverse [0] (Whenever this card is removed from the game, you may pay its inverse cost. If you do, put it into play instead.)
1/1
Common

Yeah, Rootwalla...sue me. lol

So yeah, similar to madness, inverse is (while tangent's sort of gating). i'm fine with the costing of those two for sure. But here's something:

Earthling 3GG
Creature - Golem Wizard
T: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
4/2
Rare

See i'm not sure HERE. Yeah 4/2 for 5 is okay and stuff, but does the addition of the powerful abilities make this still fair? Not sure on whether I should make it more colour intensive or something.

LOL... ARGH... MATH abilities!!! haha

hey wait a minute... damn it! This is also another set I'm making! focused on "remove from the game" theme. lol...

So... tangent:

Tap 1 mountain, remove a card from the hand, play Jet of Fire... that's how it works? If it does, well cool, nice enough.

Inverse:

Madness of the RFG... ok... and it is SO not a Rootwalla... no pump up =P

for the golem wizard... (golem??? lol)
Earthling
4GG
Creature - Golem Wizard
During each other player's upkeep, untap Earthling.
4/3
Rare

I think that would be more sufficient =P ^_^ Else, remove the untap thing and place the +1/+1 counter back.

Kenny_C.002
08-20-2004, 02:01 AM
Yeah. That sounds efficient enough. Also helps with the horrific low costs that green's been getting. hehehe.

So this is my final version (edit credit to Jet):

Earthling 4GG
Creature - golem wizard
At the beginning of any player's upkeep, untap Earthling.
[1]G, T: Target creature gains +5/+5 until the end of turn.
"So this guy can grow and eat us? Where's the spatula of doom?" - Jet
4/3
Rare

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Okay next card while we're on a row. Actually, i've been thinking to make this also a colour intensive theme (subtleness tho). So I'm thinking maybe I should give you the heads up on it.

Clamour of Shards W
Instant
Target player sacrifices an attacking creature.
uncommon

You think 1W is better or stick with W?

Power Strife 2G
Enchantment
[X][G], Remove a card in your hand from the game: Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature, where X is the converted mana cost of the card removed from the game.
Uncommon

Power problems might get out of hand? Maybe I should have a more aggro stand for this card (and drop to 1G or GG)?

btw, you want to make a feature card (i.e. a rare) for me? The only restrictions you have are that it's black, it has to be "Human Legend" (and uses "Jet" in its name somewhere as a credit), and it can't make opponents sac AND/OR tap to destroy. I'm sure you'll think of a great card (just don't cost it aggro like my friend...).

Jet
08-20-2004, 05:46 AM
Yeah. That sounds efficient enough. Also helps with the horrific low costs that green's been getting. hehehe.

So this is my final version (edit credit to Jet):

Earthling 4GG
Creature - golem wizard
At the beginning of any player's upkeep, untap Earthling.
[1]G, T: Target creature gains +5/+5 until the end of turn.
"So this guy can grow and eat us? Where's the spatula of doom?" - Jet
4/3
Rare

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Y do I have to be in it... with such a goofy text -_- lol

Okay next card while we're on a row. Actually, i've been thinking to make this also a colour intensive theme (subtleness tho). So I'm thinking maybe I should give you the heads up on it.

Clamour of Shards W
Instant
Target player sacrifices an attacking creature.
uncommon

yea, stick it to that... or, u could make it 1W, but it's common instead.

Power Strife 2GG
Enchantment
[X], remove a card in your hand from the game: Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature, where X is the converted mana cost of the card removed from the game. You must spend at least 1 G mana in the X cost.
Uncommon

that should do

btw, you want to make a feature card (i.e. a rare) for me? The only restrictions you have are that it's black, it has to be "Human Legend" (and uses "Jet" in its name somewhere as a credit), and it can't make opponents sac AND/OR tap to destroy. I'm sure you'll think of a great card (just don't cost it aggro like my friend...).

Okay...

Enigmas Jetcringe
2BBB
Human Legend
Fear
During each opponent's upkeep, he/she removes a permanent he/she controls from the game unless he/she pays 2 life and lets you put a +1/+1 counter on Enigmas Jetcringe. If you choose not to put a +1/+1 counter on Enigmas Jetcringe, draw a card instead.
2B, T: Target player loses 3 life, and choose 1: put a +1/+1 counter on Enigmas Jetcringe, or you gain 3 life.
F Txt: "He's robs the poor to feed himself." - (Umm... some other guy)
4/2
Rare

Anyway, another YGO crossover Magic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Jetricson/WDP.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Jetricson/Lava.jpg

Alakazam
08-24-2004, 10:54 AM
Here's a few Duel Monsters cards:

WORLD ORDER
Counter Trap
Effect: You may activate this card when your opponent summons a monster with [Chaos] in its name. Negate the summon, and destroy all monsters with [Chaos] in their name on the field. If the effect of this card is negated, draw a card.

INTREPID REAPER
Effect Monster
[Dark/Fiend/6-2350/1350]
Effect: Once during your turn, you may reduce this card's attack strength by 1000 to destroy one monster on the field. You may not destroy this card with that effect, and this card cannot attack on the same turn you use this effect. If the attack strength of this card is less than 1000, you cannot activate it's effect. If this monster is destroyed by battle, discard a random card from your opponent's hand.

POWER OF AVARICE
Permanent Magic
Effect: Once per turn you may remove a monster from your side of the field from the game to take a random card from your opponent's hand, and add it to your hand. If you use this effect, skip your next Draw Phase.

Jet
08-24-2004, 11:59 AM
Time for me to post some YGO cards as well

Des Scythe
Effect Monster
Level 4
Dark – Machine
ATK: 2500
DEF: 0
You can only have 1 Des Scythe in your side of the field. This monster cannot attack your opponent’s Life Points directly. Whenever this monster attacks with an ATK that is higher than the DEF of your opponent’s face-up Defense Position monster, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent’s Life Points. When this monster attacks a face-down Defense Position monster, destroy the face-down monster immediately with this card’s effect without flipping it face-up or damage calculation.

Des Reaper
Effect Monster
Level 6
Dark – Fiend
ATK: 1850
DEF: 2550
Your Des Scythe may attack your opponent's Life Points directly. Des Reaper cannot attack the same turn it was summoned. During your standby phase, if Des Scythe is in your side of the field, you may treat Des Scythe as an equip spell card and equip it to Des Reaper. If you do, increase the ATK/DEF of this monster by 1000, this monster is not affected by other spell cards the specifically target it, and this monster is not affected by trap cards. At anytime, except during battle phase, you may let Des Scythe become a monster card again in attack position. If Des Reaper and Des Scythe attacks your opponent’s Life Points directly and, at end of turn, both monsters are still in play, you win the duel.

Maltese Talons
Effect Monster
Level 5
Earth – Machine
ATK: 2350
DEF: 1900
Monsters destroyed by this card through battle are removed from play instead of being put into a graveyard. When this monster is destroyed through battle, choose up to 2 of your opponent’s cards in his/her side of the field and remove them from the game.

Sudden Portal
Trap
Select one of your opponent’s attacking monsters and remove it from the game.

Quick Reflector
Trap – Counter
Activate this card only if your received damage through an opponent’s card. Negate that damage and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the damage negated this way.

Kenny_C.002
08-25-2004, 03:22 AM
Yay Zammy's back! lol

Okay Jet, here's the dishes. I kept clamour as it was. And Power Strife:

Power Strife 2GG
Enchantment
[X][G], Remove a card in your hand from the game: You can only use green mana to pay for [X]. Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature, where X is the converted mana cost of the card removed from the game.

Thank you. :P

Enigmas Jetcringe 2BBB
Human Legend
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that player removes a permanent he/she controls from the game unless that player pays 2 life and puts a +1/+1 counter on Enigmas Jetcringe.
F Txt: "He's robs the poor to feed himself." - Vincent, the Final
4/2
Rare

Now at this point you are either confused or mad at me about changing your card. But again, I'm working with everyone I asked to make cards also (you should see the white one I made with my friend. It was like an hour back and forth). So yeah, this is my version RIGHT NOW. I've noticed the wordiness you (and I) like to be, but things aren't very nice to me...when I can't render the card on the set editor. X_X

But then again, I only took the second ability out and the "draw a card" clause. Apparently that drops the text count small enough for LARGE FONT to be used! w00t! Still, if you don't like the changes (maybe you like the other ability better or something), I can still change it. I still want it to be your personal card (except I'm only having like line restrctions on your card now. lol).

Guess I should strut my card to you. lol

Kenny C. 3UU
Creature - Human Legend
T, remove X cards in your graveyard from the game: put target creature card in your hand with converted mana cost of X or less into play.
f. txt: Elegance? It is rather perfect.
3/4
Rare

Yeah, I'm still going for less words in my cards. hehe.

And my friend's card that I worked for like an hour with:

Alex, the Protector WWW
Creature - Human Legend
If you control a black permanent, sacrifice Alex, the Protector.
Other creatures you control can't be target of abilties an opponent controls.
f. txt: As majestic as the gentle light.
1/2
Rare

Again, I'm trying to be less wordy and the set is paying off! heh :P

Jet
08-25-2004, 05:19 AM
Lol, fine haha.

Wait, am I SUPPOSED to be Enigmas Jetcringe??? Cause' NO WAY am I black... I should be White/Blue =P

I should be this:

Jet, Cerulean Seer
4UW
Human Legend
Jet, Cerulean Seer can't be the target of opposing spells and abilities.
Discard a card from your hand: Look at target player's hand. Choose 1 of those cards and remove it from the game. During your next upkeep, return that card back to it's owner's hand.
WU: Remove target permanent from the game. At end of turn, put it back into play under it's owner's control.
F txt: "I annoy, not destroy."
2/6
Rare

haha... =P

Uh... why should I be angry? It's your set lol, go ahead ^^;

Kenny_C.002
08-26-2004, 01:35 AM
heh. I'll go with that then. I know you're like U/W, but somebody gotta fill in the black/red/green slots. Just happens that you can make a card in the black slot. Don't worry, it's not "you". :P

And you're the ultimate annoying machine, sliding everything from creatures to cards in hands. lol

Well here's the Dark Master

Dark Master 3BB
Legendary Creature - Wizard (hmmmm....in the spirit of Kamigawa!)
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a permanent.
2/4
Rare

I was thinking of using charge counters so ppl will sac more...but I couldn't think of a way to put that charge counter on (without it looking like a creature smokestack).

Also its opposite:

Blademaster 2WW
Legendary Creature - Soldier Wizard
Prevent all damage dealt to Blademaster.
Blademaster may block up to three creatures.
2/2
Rare

Seriously, I like the idea of undercosted legends. This is one of them. Not sure if it's TOO powerful tho (since Dawn costed 1 more for +1/+1 and flying, mius the blocking thing).

Fire Sorceress 1RR
Creature - Wizard
T: Fire Sorceress deals 2 damage to target creature of player and 2 damage to another target creature or player. Fire Sorceress deals 2 damage to you.
1/1
Rare

That's right, pay 2 life to double shock! hehe. interesting note is that this is the ONLY card I made that actually has a picture (Jenna from Golden Sun). From tests she's...insanely powerful. lol

Water Adept 1UUU
Creature - Wizard
UU, T: Return target permanent back to its owner's hand.
1/1

From tests that I've made, this guy is strangely weak. Maybe because removal isn't that hard to pull out and the heavy 4-cost is its downfall or something. all in all, if it survives...it's devestating. lol

And i've made a cycle of common lands too.

Secluded Desert
Land
Secluded Desert comes into play tapped.
T: add W to your mana pool
Remove Secluded Desert from the game: add W to your mana pool
common

Temporal Island (U)
Fallen Caverns (R)
Deep Forest (G)
Swamp of Hunger (B)

Ummmmmmm.......yeah. lands. :P

Alakazam
08-26-2004, 02:43 AM
Hello Kenny and Jet; I'm glad to be back! :cool: :P

I just had another idea for a few more Duel Monsters cards...

ASCENION OF SORCERY
Normal Magic
Effect: Select a spellcaster-type monster on your side of the field. Send it to the graveyard as a sacrifice to special summon a spellcaster-type monster with a level 1 higher than the sacrificed monster from your hand or deck to the field.

ALL OR NOTHING
Instant Magic
Effect: You may activate this card when one of your monsters attack. Remove your deck from the game to double the attack strength of that monster.

GIGA BLAST
Counter Trap
Effect: Remove a card on the field from the game and remove this card from the game.

ACTIVATE SECURITY
Counter Trap
Effect: You may activate this card when you activate a magic, trap, or monster effect. Remove a card from your hand from the game to make the card that triggered this card uncounterable. This card cannot be countered.

Jet
09-03-2004, 06:30 AM
Hey, it's EXACTLY 1 week... so =P

MTG:

Katar of Raging Blaze
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature has Haste, is red, gets +2/+0 and has: "T: This creature deals 2 damage to target creature, or 1 damage to target player."
0: Unattach Katar of Raging Blaze.
Equip 3 or R

Katar of Cold Icicle
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature, is blue, gets +2/+0 and has: "T: Tap target permanent. It doesn't untap during its owner's next untap step."
Whenever equipped creature blocks or becomes blocked, tap the blocking or blocked creature. It doesn't untap during its owner's next untap step.
0: Unattach Katar of Cold Icicle.
Equip 3 or U

Katar of Piercing Wind
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets flying, is white, gets +2/+0 and has: "T: Destroy target artifact or enchantment unless its controller pays 3.
0: Unattach Katar of Piercing Wind.
Equip 3 or W

Katar of Dusty Thornbush
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets trample, is green, gets +2/+0 and has: "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a creature, put a +1/+1 counter on it after damage calculation."
Remove a +1/+1 counter from equipped creature: Equipped creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
0: Unattach Katar of Dusty Thornbush.
Equip 3 or G

Sharpened Legbone of Ghoul
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature is black, gets +2/+0, has: "B: Regenerate this creature.", Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a creature, destroy it and it's controller loses life equal to that creature's power unless its controller pays X, where X is the destroyed creature's power.
0: Unattach Sharpened Legbone of Ghoul.
Equip 3 or B

Infiltrator
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature has first strike, vigilance, gets +3/+1 and can't be the target of opposing spells and abilities.
3: Equipped creature loses first strike and vigilance, gets -2/-1, double strike and trample until end of turn.
0: Unattach Infiltrator.
Equip 3

YGO:

Dimensional Valkyrie
Effect Monster
Level 8
Light
Spellcaster
Fusion: "DD Warrior Lady" + "Magician Valkyrie" or "Dark Magician Girl"
ATK: 2900
DEF: 3400
If this card was successfully fusion summoned with Magician Valkyrie, control of this card can't be changed, and your spellcasters aren't affected by your opponent's spell cards. If this card was successfully fusion summoned with Dark Magician Girl, increase the ATK and DEF of each of your spellcasters by 100 for each spellcaster in your graveyard, and your spellcasters do not activate and are not affected by your opponent's trap cards. Monsters destroyed by this monster through battle phase are removed from play instead of going to the graveyard. If this monster is sent to the graveyard from play, return it back to your fusion deck instead of putting it in your graveyard.

Kenny_C.002
09-05-2004, 02:35 AM
And the most abitious card I made so far (and one of my proudest of cards):

Flameback 1RRRR
Legendary Enchantment
Players skip their end steps.
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, Flameback deals 1 damage to each creature and player.
Rare

Wow, read that again.

Flameback 1RRRR
Legendary Enchantment
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, Flameback deals 1 damage to each creature and player.
Rare

Imagine a time when the clean-up step doesn't exist...
Imagine a world where "until the end of turn" meant forever
Imagine a situation where monsters slide out but never back in
Imagine all that AND we still slap damage on them every turn!

HOLY CRAP! WE'VE GOT THE FLAMEBACK! COMBO CAMEO!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I had to do that. :P

Okay okay. I need help. You see, this card has so much ambition that I'm not even sure if it works. For one, for stuff that says "this turn". does that mean that the "next turn" never officially comes? This will be solved if turn changes occur between end and untap phase. We need to check!

Damage doesn't reset, since clean up step never happens, EVEN if Timestop is played.

Also. I noticed how Orim's chant becomes instantly broken. Then again, sceptor is quicker and meaner.

So yeah, what a powerhouse card...I'm afraid of it.

Jet
09-05-2004, 04:35 AM
What??? o_O

this is too wierd... it's suicide... wait... well, you can still get the cards you need... oooooooooooooh... ok... wow... orrery + this = slow death =P

how about this one:

Twister's Fate
2UUU
Legendary Enchantment
During each player's draw phase, that player doesn't draw a card, instead, that player discards cards from his/her hand until he/she has 7 or less cards left.
During each player's discard phase, that player doesn't discard cards from his/her hand, instead, that player draws a card.
All sorcery cards may be played as instants, and all instant cards can only be played as a sorcery.
Rare

Wow... this is too wierder. I mean, Wrath of God being an instant, Mana Leak being a sorcery card... wow...

Kenny_C.002
09-06-2004, 12:19 AM
Twister's Fate
2UUU
Legendary Enchantment
During each player's draw phase, that player doesn't draw a card, instead, that player discards cards from his/her hand until he/she has 7 or less cards left.
During each player's cleap-up step, that player doesn't discard cards from his/her hand, instead, that player draws a card.
All sorcery cards may be played as instants, and all instant cards can only be played as a sorcery.
Rare

o__O Oop. :P

Anyway, Wow that's quite a bit of wording just for the conveying of the message. I wonder if we can shorten this...hmmmmm. *thinking*

Nope. :P

Anyway, yeah this card is crazy too. lol

What??? o_O

That's the exact same way I want people to be thinking when they first see the card. I'm 2 for 2 (oh yeah!)! :P

Jet
09-11-2004, 06:25 AM
okay... it's been a while...

MTG:
(from the "hand" set again, and somewhat focuses on illusions too)

Quicksilver Satellite
Artifact
Whenever you draw a card, untap a permanent you control.
2, Discard a card from your hand: Draw a card.
Sacrifice Quicksilver Satellite: Untap all non-land permanents you control and draw a card.
Rare

Typhoon Orb
Artifact
During your upkeep, draw a card, discard a card from your hand, then place a card from your graveyard on the bottom of your library.
Sacrifice Typhoon Orb: Each player counts the number of cards in his/her hand, shuffles his/her hand back to his/her library and draws the same number of cards.
Uncommon

Energy Core
Artifact
1, sacrifice Energy Core: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature, or put a charge counter on target permanent. Draw a card.
Common

Whitewind Deciever
1UU
Creature - Illusion
When Whitewind Deciever is put into a graveyard from play, reveal it, and shuffle it back to your library.
1/1
Common

Whitewind Mirage
2U
Creature - Illusion
Whitewind Mirage can't be the target of opposing spells and abilities.
Whenever Whitewind Mirage is put into a graveyard from play, put a token with the same power, toughness, color and creature type of target creature. That token does not deal nor recieve damage.
Sacrifice a creature: Return Whitewind Mirage from your graveyard back to your hand.
3/3
Uncommon

Frozen Pseudox
1UUUU
Creatire - Illusion Virus
Frozen Pseudox comes into play tapped.
You may choose not to untap Frozen Psuedox during your untap phase.
During your each of your untap phase, if you untap Frozen Psuedox, return it back to it's owner's hand, draw a card, then shuffle a card from your hand back to your library.
As long as Frozen Psudox is tapped, your opponent's permanents don't untap during his/her untap phase.
0/2
Rare

Kenny_C.002
09-12-2004, 04:40 AM
*pointing to that last card there* TOO MANY...WORDS! X_X
Yeah I fall victim to wordiness too man. Guess we both need practice. (use magic set editor to see if you're good on the wordiness or not. I train with that now. lol)

Okay. I have to hand it to you (and this other guy) for helping me realize that Flamback is a MUCH more interesting card when you stick it in with blue. heh.

Flameback 1UUR
Legendary Enchantment - (might have a type)
Rare

I noticed that the first part is more blue and the second part red. It seems contradicting enough, knowing the crappy creatures blue has and its reliance on them...

Field Chasm WWB
Legendary Enchantment
Players skip their draw phase.
Prevent all damage dealt to players.
At the end of each turn, each player sacrifices a permanent he or she controls.
Rare

The first 2 parts you should be familiar with (*cough*SolitudeConfinement*cough*)...and the second part is just another Braids thing. Notice that everyone sacs...once EVERY turn (not just their own turns). Again, I made this contradicting. lol It's a combo waiting to happen here, too. :P

Silklash Spiral GGU
Legendary Enchantment
Creatures gain +2/+3
When a creature deals damage, return that creature to its owner's hand.
Rare

It's just another way to undercost ridiculous effects...make it multi-coloured AND give it a drawback. Notice that it's GLOBAL. And that drawback is hardly a drawback when it's Eternal Witness we're talking about here. See, I'm telling you I'm a Johnny and all these "contradicting" cards are all just combos in disguise. lol

Unstable Barrier RRW
Legendary Enchantment
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, Unstable Barrier deals 5 damage to each creature.
Prevent all damage dealt to creatures from nonenchantment sources.

2.5x pyroclasm and costing 1 more is...ridiculous. I'm worried about the power-level for this card...since it feels...TOO powerful. O and if you haven't noticed, it's a perfect control-based card *cough*SLIDE*cough* with the ridiculous combo potential that's just waiting to be dug up *see second ability.

Flower Grave BBG
Legendary Enchantment
[4], remove a card in your graveyard from the game: Return target creature card in your graveyard to play. Any player may play this ability.
Creatures are 1/1 and have, "[T]: add [G] to your mana pool."
Rare

O_O So you reanimate anything and the creatures are all 1/1s? That kinda defeats the purpose of reanimating... HOWEVER, I'm made for combo potential, right? *cough*combos*cough* Oh btw, this is the crappiest of the 5 that I made...since I was out of ideas. lol

Jet
09-12-2004, 07:29 AM
LOL... humilty that's even wierder =P

Drush Centuria
Legendary Creature - Drush Mutant
1WURBG
Haste, Trample, First Strike
At the end of each other player's turn, sacrifice a creature and pay 1WURBG, or remove all Drush you own from the game.
Whenever you draw a card, reveal that card. Put X 1/1 colorless Drush tokens into play, where X is the reveal card's converted mana cost.
11/6
Rare

OMG... that is like... tokens ahoy... and for only 6... an 11/6, Haste, Trample AND First Strike... the continuous paying is sort of easy to do. Seedborn Muse + this = ownage. =P

Maxacross
Creature - Illusion
6UUUU
Maxacross can't be countered.
Trample
Maxacross may block any number of creatures.
Whenever Maxacross blocks, it gets +2/+2 for each creature it blocks.
Discard a card from your hand: Maxacross can't be the target of spells and abilities this turn.
8/8
Rare

Blue powerhouse... nothing more =P

Kenny_C.002
09-12-2004, 05:02 PM
Unstable Barrier 1RRW
Legendary Enchantment
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, Unstable Barrier deals 2 damage to each creature.
Prevent all damage dealt to creatures from nonenchantment sources.

REVISED! By upping the cost to 4 and lowering it to just a pyroclasm. It should now have the power of...let's say that hound guy instead. lol

Forsaken Estate 2BBG
Legendary Enchantment
4: Destroy target creature. Any player may play this ability.
Lands are 1/1 colourless creatures that are still lands.
Rare

REVISED! Black good at blowing things up, right? Green's animating lands, right? If you pit them together, it's a lay-waste fest. lol

Again, this card has combo potential and has that flavour I wanted. However, there still might be power problems here, too. And I'm avoiding a crap-load of problems with modifying creature stats. YAY!

Ah.....the token generators. Good times. Good times. lol

Jet
09-13-2004, 06:25 AM
o_O... black/green land-d... full of legendary enchantments ei...

how about this one:

Reality Drain
Legendary Enchantment - Event
1UUWW
All creatures without abilities get +5/+5 (abilities in this case include flying, trample, haste, protection, etc.).
All creatures with abilities get -2/-2, and do not untap during their controller's untap phase unless they pay 1.
F Txt: "Not AgAAAiiNN"
Rare

Brink of Insanity
2BR
Immunity (This card can't be the target of spells and abilities.)
During your upkeep, draw X cards, where X is the number of cards in your hand.
During your clean up phase, you lose 2 life for each card in your hand.
Creatures you control gets +2/-1.
Rare

Whitewind Festival
3UU
Immunity
2UU: Put X 0/1 blue Illusion tokens into play, where X is the number of cards in your hand.
Sacrifice an Illusion: Draw a card, then discard a card from your hand unless you pay 2.
Illusions you control get +1/+1.

Keembo, The Partyist
Legendary Creature - Human Spellshaper
2WR
Haste, Trample
Keembo, The Partyist gets +2/+2 for each Event in play.
3/3

bleah =P

Kenny_C.002
09-13-2004, 11:49 PM
Well tachnically speaking, green is second-best at land-d (and black is the #1 point-removal guy). lol

But where's the green, jet. Green's crying now. lol

Jet
09-14-2004, 10:49 AM
Lol... u want green, I'll give you green

Extraordinary Harvest
2GG
As Extraordinary Harvest comes into play, each player returns all artifact, creature, and land cards from his/her graveyard and shuffles those cards back to his/her library.
X, pay 1 life: Put into play either an arfitact, creature, or a land card with a converted mana cost of X+1 or lower from your hand. If you chose a land card, X must be 2 instead. Any player may play this ability, but only as a sorcery.
Rare

BAH =P

Kenny_C.002
09-15-2004, 01:57 AM
lol. That's one weird card. :P

Okay. I need a cool name

[Grand Counter] 2UU
Counter target spell. Remove that spell and all spells with the same name in its controller's library, hand, and graveyard from the game. That player shuffles his or her deck afterwards.
Rare

This card EATS the rest of the copies, so you won't have to mess with them again. It works on the same principles of...haunting echoes. lol

Well, I need a cool name for the super counterspell. :P

Jet
09-15-2004, 10:47 AM
Aether Chain 2UU
Counter target spell. Remove that spell and all spells with the same name in its controller's library, hand, and graveyard from the game. That player shuffles his or her deck afterwards.
Rare

or...

- Penetration of Minds
- Aether Seal
- Seal of Distortion

Kenny_C.002
09-15-2004, 10:45 PM
Intersting. I think likely the first one would sound coolest. lol I'll take that one. thanks (btw, I added an "s" at the bak for no reason. lol) ^^'

And down to my ridiculous green sorceries!

Plower's Drain 2G
Sorcery - Song
Sacrifice two lands.
Return up to 3 target lands on top of its owner's library.
Rare - Paradise

Okay. Getting stuff aside. The spell is countered if you have less than 2 lands. And yes, you sac upon RESOLUTION (that's important for countering and stuff). Have fun with power. lol

Jet
09-18-2004, 01:09 PM
lol... what's with the song and paradise? o_O

anyway how about this 1:

Lost Chance
1UU
Instant
Immunity [OOT: they should really have a term for can't be the target of spells and abilities]
This spell is always the last in the stack.
Go to the next phase during this card is played. (Remove all spells and abilites on the stack during this card was played, including this card.)
Rare

Go ahead... rate this card... as if it were a real card =P

Kenny_C.002
09-19-2004, 12:29 AM
Lost Chance is like a super powerful game-ending counterspell of doom for 1 more mana than counterspell itself. I don't know. The thing's just...broken.

As for "Song" and "Paradise"

Song is the type for sorcery, similar to arcane (except it's song), to emphasize the theme of Paradise.

Paradise is now obviously the name of the set i'm making then. Yes, Jetcringe will be in Paradise. lol

More info:
Paradise is currently the second expansion to my block called "Gaebis".

The large set and probably my last installation (longest to make) will be named Gaebis (obviously). The main focus of this set is removal and enemy colours. However, there will only be general mechanics of each type. This will also be the place where cards with "song" have a place to go with a mechanic similar to splice to arcane (similar, but not the same).

The Second Installation is Paradise, with the main mechanics tangent and inverse (tho I AM thinking of using Tangent in Gaebis and make this a whole block thing). As you know, there are only 5 enemy colour cards in the set, so the emphasis is mostly on removal. Also, the random red sorcery (it's been enchantments lately with grip, confusion, and tide) will be here.

The Third Installaion has the tentative name of "Gaebis 2". Tho I am still thinking of the name of this set (I'm thinking right now 2000th Year), this set will focus mainly on enemy colours and will also be heavy on artifacts (well technically speaking it's the future of Gaebis with robots and crap like that). Mechanics I'm thinking still right now, but likely the mechanic that will be something similar to the old regrowth variants. I'm debating on whether the new card type Incantation should be block-wide or not. Basically this set I haven't even started yet.

Jet
09-19-2004, 02:23 AM
going to the next phase is threatening? yeah... the cheap cost is a bit broken... maybe 3UU?

Incantation... hmmm

will it be something like enchantments with fading? in ygo terms, something like swords of revealing light?

Hurricane Grazer
3GG
Creature - Beast
Flying
Sacrifice a land: Destroy target creature that blocks or blocked Hurricane Grazer. Put a +1/+1 counter on Hurricane Grazer.
3/3
Uncommon

Moonlight Rider
3UU
Creature - Spirit
Flying, Immunity [heck, y don't u put this in ur set then to shorten the wording =P]
Moonlight Rider is unblockable.
2/3
Uncommon

Glacial Ogre
3RR
Creature - Ogre
Haste
Discard a card from your hand, sacrifice a permanent, T: Glacial Ogre deals damage to target creature equal to the total converted mana cost of the discarded card and sacrificed permanent.
3/3
Uncommon

Vengeance Shaman
3WW
Creature - Human Rogue Cleric
T: Remove target creature that damaged you from the game unless its owner pays 3. If he/she does destroy it instead.
1/4
Uncommon

Vexing Reaver
3BB
Creature - Insect Horror
During each of your opponent's upkeep, if he/she controls a creature and Vexing Reaver is untapped, tap Vexing Reaver and that player sacrifices a creature.
B: Vexing Reaver deals 1 damage to target creature that dealt damage to Bexing Reaver thins turn.
4/2
Uncommon

Kenny_C.002
09-19-2004, 04:23 PM
Well supposedly incantation is essentially a delayed spell. Its incantation type would be its card type (e.g. incantation - sorcery). With that in mind, essentially the flavour of the incantations is that the mage takes an entire turn (well from when you cast it to the beginning of your next upkeep) to summon some kick-butt spell (undercosted!). But at that point, you'd be vulnerable.

So yeah, a prototype card:

Kent's Wrath 1WW
Incantation - Sorcery
(You cannot play spells until the beginning of your next upkeep.)
At the beginning of your next upkeep, destory all creatures. They can't be regenerated.
Rare - Gaebis

Basically, I want this card to end up with just "Destroy all creatures. They can't be regenerated." and put everything in the incantation rule.

It's pretty cool, since I can easily make super-strong cards with this offset power difference and delayed action.

That's ONE idea. The second idea is to just make incantation a subtype and put that type of stuff all the time. However, this means I cannot use permanents due to it being extremely confusing.

Like I wanted a good variant on pacifism:

Unnerve W
Incantation - Enchant creature
Enchanted creature can't attack or block.
common - Gaebis

See the ease of this? If I do it the other way, I don't think it's possible.

Kenny_C.002
10-03-2004, 09:11 PM
Before I figure out incantations, I guess I'll show off my 3 new cool lands.

Descendent Tree
Land
T: add one mana of any colour to your mana pool.
Whenever Descendent Tree is tapped for mana, you gain a poison counter.
Rare

Nexus of Vanguards
Land
T: add [1] to your mana pool.
[3]: Nexus of Vanguards becomes a 3/1 artifact creature until the end of turn. It is still a land.
Rare

Hall of Caverns
Land
[3], T: add [5] to your mana pool.
Rare

w00t! Hall of caverns esp. sucks crap. lol

Jet
10-04-2004, 06:08 AM
lol, Poison is back??? ahahahah

anyway, new lands too:

Quicksilver Observatory
Land - Building
Quicksilver Observatory comes into play tapped if you already have 4 or more lands in play before Quicksilber Observatory is played.
T: Add [1] to your man pool.
T: Add X mana of any color to your mana pool, where X is the number of cards in your hand. At end of turn, discard your hand.
Rare

Maltese Garrison
Land - Building
T: Add [1] to your mana pool.
T: Add [2] to your mana pool. Maltese Garrison deals 1 damage to you.
2: Maltese Garrison becomes a 0/6 artifact creature with Defender and may block creatures with flying until end of turn.
Rare

Field of Desolation
Land
3, T: Destroy target Building.
5, T: Destroy target land.
Sacrifice a land: Untap Field of Desolation.
Rare

Field of Insanity
Land
Creatures you control get +2/-1 as long as all of your lands are tapped.
T: Add 1 mana of any color to your mana pool, and add 1 mana of a different color to your mana pool. You lose 2 life.
Rare

Field of Knowledge
Land
T: Draw 3 cards. If you have more than 4 cards in your hand this way, you lose half of your life, rounded up.
T, discard a card from your hand: Draw a card.
Rare

Field of Twisted Fates
Land
T: Add [2] to your mana pool. This mana can only be used to play creature and artifact spells. Field of Twisted Fates doesn't untap during your next untap step.
T: Add 1 mana of any color to your mana pool. This mana can only be used to play sorceries, instant, or enchantment spells. Field of Twisted Fates doesn't untap during your next untap step.
Rare

Field of Sanctimony
Land
Whenever you untap a non-creature permanent, you may gain 1 life.
T: You gain 3 life.
Rare

Kenny_C.002
10-04-2004, 11:06 PM
lol, Poison is back??? ahahahah

anyway, new lands too:

Quicksilver Observatory
Land - Building
Quicksilver Observatory comes into play tapped if you already have 4 or more lands in play before Quicksilber Observatory is played.
T: Add [1] to your man pool.
T: Add X mana of any color to your mana pool, where X is the number of cards in your hand. At end of turn, discard your hand.
Rare

Cool looking, I'd prefer any ONE colour tho.

Maltese Garrison
Land - Building
T: Add [2] to your mana pool. Maltese Garrison deals 1 damage to you.
2: Maltese Garrison becomes a 0/6 artifact creature with Defender and may block creatures with flying until end of turn.
Rare

OMFBG (Oh my Freakin' Broken Gosh)! SUPER ANCIENT TOME!!!!!!!

Field of Desolation
Land
3, T: Destroy target Building.
5, T: Destroy target land.
Sacrifice a land: Untap Field of Desolation.
Rare

Hehe it's funny that it's good. :P

Field of Insanity
Land
Creatures you control get +2/-1 as long as all of your lands are tapped.
T: Add 1 mana of any color to your mana pool, and add 1 mana of a different color to your mana pool. You lose 2 life.
Rare

Wow, this is quite degenerate too. btw, pay 2 life = you lose 2 life.

Field of Knowledge
Land
T: Draw 3 cards. If you have more than 4 cards in your hand this way, you lose half of your life, rounded up.
T, discard a card from your hand: Draw a card.
Rare

Wow, even more dgenerate!

Field of Twisted Fates
Land
T: Add [2] to your mana pool. This mana can only be used to play creature and artifact spells. Field of Twisted Fates doesn't untap during your next untap step.
T: Add 1 mana of any color to your mana pool. This mana can only be used to play sorceries, instant, or enchantment spells. Field of Twisted Fates doesn't untap during your next untap step.
Rare

I don't know. Having 2 seperate cards for hte 2 abilities might be a better choice

Field of Sanctimony
Land
Whenever you untap a non-creature permanent, you may gain 1 life.
T: You gain 3 life.
Rare

Yay! It's one of them cool lands that gain you lots of life! Control players...rock, rock on!

One word to describe the majoirty of them: degenerate. Or if you like me in my criticizing ways: "Really you an double your land card count on your set with these ideas...but there are serious flaws to generating CA out of thin air, doing things that normally cost 4 or more for free, etc."

Jet
10-09-2004, 02:02 PM
lol okay...

more!!! DUEL MONSTERS THAT IS... =P

Harpie Lady Phoenix
Effect Monster
Level 4
Fire – Winged Beast
ATK: 1850
DEF: 1500
During your standby phase, if this monster is in your graveyard because it was sent to the graveyard from your side of the field during your previous turn, you may Special Summon it and you gain 1000 LP. Whenever this monster attacks with an ATK that is higher than the DEF of your opponent’s face up Defense Position monster, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent’s Life Points.

Harpie Phoenix Sisters
Effect Monster
Level 7
Fire – Winged Beast
ATK: 2600
DEF: 3200
This monster cannot be Normal Summoned. This monster may be special summoned from the hand by offering Harpie Lady Phoenix in your side of the field and sending Elegant Egotist from your hand to the graveyard. During your standby phase, if this monster is in your graveyard because it was sent to the graveyard from your side of the field during your previous turn, you may Special Summon it and you gain 1000 LP.

Harpie Phoenix Dragon
Effect Monster
Level 12
Fire – Dragon
ATK: 3900
DEF: 3100
This monster may be special summoned from your hand by offering 1 fire attribute, dragon type monster and 1 wind attribute, dragon type monster as tributes on your side of the field. During your standby phase, if this monster is in your graveyard because it was sent to the graveyard from your side of the field during your previous turn, you may discard a card from your hand to Special Summon it and you gain 1000 LP.

Alakazam
10-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Jet, you've got to be kidding with those Harpies...they're broken beyoned repair O_o. How about toning them down a bit?

Kenny_C.002
10-10-2004, 04:31 AM
I think he's working on it with that...I hope (btw, fix your lands while you're at it)?

More from Gaebis:

RARE LANDS!!!!

Vetagus, City of Wind
Legendary Land
T, pay 1 life: add [W] or U to your mana pool.
WU, T: Return target creature you control to its owner's hand.
Rare

If you haven't noticed, you can magically make more CA by bouncing your precious little eternal witness back to your hand AFTER blocking with it.

Aquae Sulis
Legendary Land
T: add U to your mana pool.
U, T: Tap target nonland permanent.
Rare

Hotness. A turn 2 lockdown on permanents is hot...but not overly broken (since it's nonland).

Flamagus
Legendary Land
T: add R to your mana pool
1R, T: Flamagus deals 1 damage to target creature.
Rare

I thought for a bit on whether this is viable. I decided to cost it more safely at 2 instead of hte aggro "R" cost.

Light Desert Blantius
Legendary Land
T: add W to your mana pool.
W, T: prevent 3 combat damage dealt by target creature this turn.
Rare

Weak...not that weak...sort of...

Jade, Forest Metropolis
Legendary Land
T: add G to your mana pool.
1G, T: Target creature gets +1/+2 until the end of turn.
Rare

PETALHAVEN! Costs 1 more and works on any creature.

Now of course the game-ending sorcery that will never see play due to it being 5-colour, but starngely enough it's costed so aggressively that Vintage will restrict his 3 seconds after its release...

Mana Burst WUBRG
Sorcery - arcane
Remove your library from the game. You may play spells without paying its mana cost until the end of turn. Sacrifice all permanents you control at the end of turn.
Rare

That's right! Drop your hand for 5!!!!! OMFBG! Okay, it's not broken. I rest my case. :P

Jet
10-10-2004, 04:32 AM
Lol, there XD

Harpie Lady Phoenix
Effect Monster
Level 4
Fire – Winged Beast
ATK: 1900
DEF: 1600
During your standby phase, if this monster is in your graveyard because it was sent to the graveyard from your side of the field during your previous turn, you may discard a card from your hand to Special Summon it and you gain 1000 LP.

Harpie Phoenix Sisters
Effect Monster
Level 7
Fire – Winged Beast
ATK: 2600
This monster cannot be Normal Summoned. This monster may be special summoned from your hand by offering Harpie Lady Phoenix in your side of the field and sending Elegant Egotist from your hand to the graveyard. During your standby phase, if this monster is in your graveyard because it was sent to the graveyard from your side of the field during your previous turn, you may discard a card from your hand to Special Summon it and you gain 1000 LP.

Harpie Phoenix Dragon
Effect Monster
Level 12
Fire – Dragon
ATK: 3800
This monster may be special summoned from your hand by offering 1 fire attribute, dragon type monster and 1 wind attribute, dragon type monster as tributes on your side of the field. During your standby phase, if this monster is in your graveyard because it was sent to the graveyard from your side of the field during your previous turn, you may discard a card from your hand to Special Summon it and you gain 1000 LP.

No black legend land? aaw lol

more 5 color freakshows!

Prima. the Chosen
WURBG
Legendary Creature - Divine
Flying, Haste, Trample
Prima, the Creature can't be the target of spells and abilities.
1: Prima, the Creature loses "Prima, the Creature can't be the target of spells and abilities." until end of turn.
3: Counter target spell that targets Prima, the Creature.
8/8
Rare

Prima, the Mage
WURBG
Legendary Sorcery (This spell can only be played once a turn and can't copied by other spells and effects <same goes for imprint =P>)
Prima, the Sorcery can't be countered.
You gain 3 life. Draw a card. Prima, the Sorcery deals 2 damage to target creature or player. Destroy target creature. It can't be regenerated. Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn. You can't rearrange the order of the effects of this card on the stack.
Rare

Prima, the Sudden
WURBG
Legendary Instant <same>
Prima, the Sudden can't be the target of spells and abilities.
Counter target spell. Remove it from the game. That spell's owner searches his/her library for copies of that card, reveals them, puts them in his/her hand and shuffles his/her library afterwards. Until the end of your next turn, you may play a copy of that spell without paying its cost (if there is X, X is 0).
Rare

Prima, the Mechanical
Legendary Artifact
Prima, the Mechanical is indestructable.
Prima, the Mechanical can't be the target of spells and abilities.
If Prima, the Mechanical becomes an artifact creature, return it back to it's owner's hand.
5: Untap Prima, the Mechanical
T: Add 2 mana of any color to your mana pool.
T: You gain 5 life.
T: Target player loses 3 life.
T: Target permanent can't be the target of spells and abilities this turn.
T: Put a 3/3 artifact creature token into play.
Rare

Prima, the Aura
WURBG
Legendary Enchantment
Prima, the Aura can't be countered.
Creatures get trample and haste.
Whenever a creature is dealt damage, that creature's controller gains that much life.
Whenever a creature deals damage to a creature, destroy it at end of combat.
Whenever a creature deals combat damage to a player, that creature's controller draws a card.
Rare

o_O eeasy... I'm bored LOL

Kenny_C.002
10-12-2004, 01:42 AM
lol I forgot to post the black one, but you get the point. lol

I'm not sure whether to be afraid of the 1-sized-font that's going to be on the Prima cards or the fact that there's a huge flutuation within the power level of the Prima cards themselves...

My new powerhouse card that will make people FEAR ME!!!!

Kent, Light Wrath 5WWW
Legendary Creature - Wizard
Flying, Viligance
Whenever Ken, Light Wrath deals damage, you may put an incantation card from your graveyard to your hand.
7/7
Rare - Gaebis

btw, the set names are: Gaebis, Paradise, and Sanctuary

But yeah...BEATSTICK POWER! BRING IT ON AKROMA!!!! Notice no trample and just DAMAGE (actually there was no room, that's why).

And to complement the babies, here is my decision:

Kent's Wrath 1WW
Incantation
Destory all creatures. They can't be regenerated.
Rare - Gaebis

Before you panic about the insanely broken effect for cost, here's the scoop on incantations.

Incantations:

1. You may only play them anytime you can play a sorcery.
2. After casting an incantation and it resolves, the incantation sets up a delayed trigger for "at the beginning of your upkeep..."
3. During the time in between the resolution of incantation and the delayed trigger, the player cannot play spells or lay lands.
4. incantations can only be countered before resolution.

W00t! #3 is the only one that is screwed up in vapour ops! lol

Jet
10-12-2004, 01:10 PM
lol I forgot to post the black one, but you get the point. lol

I'm not sure whether to be afraid of the 1-sized-font that's going to be on the Prima cards or the fact that there's a huge flutuation within the power level of the Prima cards themselves...

My new powerhouse card that will make people FEAR ME!!!!

Kent, Light Wrath 5WWW
Legendary Creature - Wizard
Flying, Viligance
Whenever Ken, Light Wrath deals damage, you may put an incantation card from your graveyard to your hand.
7/7
Rare - Gaebis

o_O slap in Bushido and you have one freaky beatstick.

btw, the set names are: Gaebis, Paradise, and Sanctuary

But yeah...BEATSTICK POWER! BRING IT ON AKROMA!!!! Notice no trample and just DAMAGE (actually there was no room, that's why).

And to complement the babies, here is my decision:

Kent's Wrath 1WW
Incantation
Destory all creatures. They can't be regenerated.
Rare - Gaebis

Before you panic about the insanely broken effect for cost, here's the scoop on incantations.

Incantations:

1. You may only play them anytime you can play a sorcery.
2. After casting an incantation and it resolves, the incantation sets up a delayed trigger for "at the beginning of your upkeep..."

So, they actually happen during your next upkeep?

3. During the time in between the resolution of incantation and the delayed trigger, the player cannot play spells or lay lands.
4. incantations can only be countered before resolution.

W00t! #3 is the only one that is screwed up in vapour ops! lol

lol incantations ei...

Enigmas' Crippler
2BBB
Creature - Horror
Pay 2 life, discard a card from your hand: Untap Enigmas' Crippler
T: Destroy target creature if you played an incantation this turn. It can't be regenerated.
F Txt: "They kill anything that disturbs them of their ritual of listening to the death chants."
4/2
Uncommon

Master of Mirrors
3UU
Creature - Human Wizard
Whenever a player plays an incantation spell, permanents you control can't be the target of spells and abilities until end of turn.
2/3
Uncommon

Indigenous Rebel
3RR
Creature - Human Rogue
Haste
T: The next incantation spell you play has an additional effect: "Creatures you control gain haste and get +2/+0 until end of turn."
3/2
Uncommon

Lyricist of Harmony
2GGG
Creature - Elf Shaman
1G, T: You may play 1 spell from your hand when you play an incantation without paying its cost. At end of turn, if you did not play a non-incantation spell, remove a card from your hand from the game.
2/3
Uncommon

Light Fuzer
3WW
Creature - Angel Knight
Flying
Whenever an incantation resolves and is not countered, Light Fuzer gets +3/+3, Vigilance and protection from a color of your choice until end of turn.
3/4
Uncommon

Kenny_C.002
10-12-2004, 02:31 PM
Beatstick? a 7/7 flying Vigilance that brings back incantations is beatstick enough, right? lol

Exactly. The delayed action allows for your opponent to essentially take her time to react to the problem at hand, thus making incantations weaker in general (essentially they get to UNTAP before incantations actually happen). I'm slightly worried about #2, but I figured it's basically what astral slide does, so I don't think there are that many problems there.

Something cool about them is the interactions between them and good ol' orerry. Oh, I play an incantation at the end of your turn. lol

btw, Lyrist is technically illegal. Then again, they don't care when it's magic, right? lol

The rebel guy is alright, but you do notice that the ability resolves the next turn and therefore no creatures actually need haste at that point to attack...

Jet
10-13-2004, 11:42 AM
Beatstick? a 7/7 flying Vigilance that brings back incantations is beatstick enough, right? lol

Exactly. The delayed action allows for your opponent to essentially take her time to react to the problem at hand, thus making incantations weaker in general (essentially they get to UNTAP before incantations actually happen). I'm slightly worried about #2, but I figured it's basically what astral slide does, so I don't think there are that many problems there.

Something cool about them is the interactions between them and good ol' orerry. Oh, I play an incantation at the end of your turn. lol

lol yea.

btw, Lyrist is technically illegal. Then again, they don't care when it's magic, right? lol

Well, the elf let's you do something =P Intruder Alarm + this when an incantation = woot =P

The rebel guy is alright, but you do notice that the ability resolves the next turn and therefore no creatures actually need haste at that point to attack...

Not really... Aether Vial then =P... or change it to First Strike then =P XD

Kenny_C.002
10-13-2004, 09:10 PM
Okay. I still don't get that interaction, since the lyrist would technically work for only 1 spell if you play in incantation (you can't play more than 1, right?)...

Anyway, I'll show you something evil. lol

Stable Growth 3GG
Instant- Song
Put 4 +1/+1 counters on target creature.
Uncommon - Paradise

This, my friend, is godly. lol Perfect design RIGHT THERE! w00t!

Wing Beat 1W
Instant - Song (I'm still contemplating on its actual name, since song just doesn't work)
Remove target creature from the game. At the end of turn, return it to play under its owner's control.
Uncommon - Paradise

Here we have liberate...sort of. lol

Black Omen 1BB
Enchantment
Inverse [B] (Whenever this card is removed from the game, you may pay its inverse cost. If you do, put it into play instead.)
Whenever a player discards a card, Black Omen deals 1 damage to that player.
Uncommon - Paradise

I believe our buddy the discard man would LOVE a first-turn megrim without needing a dark ritual. Wish granted.

Chaotic Grip 1R
Enchant Creature
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that play gains control of the enchanted creature and untaps it. Enchanted creature has haste.
Uncommon - Paradise

Now your favourite creature can be as "friendly" as Karona! lol

Seascraper 3UU
Creature - Merfolk
Seascraper is unblockable.
3/3
Uncommon - Paradise

I personally think that this card is so simple yet so powerful at the same time...cool. :P

Jet
10-14-2004, 11:30 AM
Stable Growth 3GG
Instant- Song
Put 4 +1/+1 counters on target creature.
Uncommon - Paradise

Okay... how about a card that has an effect that something happens when a Song is played, or at least involves a Song?

Wing Beat 1W
Instant - Song
Remove target creature from the game. At the end of turn, return it to play under its owner's control.
Uncommon - Paradise

o_O lol... Phage! hahaha

Black Omen 1BB
Enchantment
Inverse (Whenever this card is removed from the game, you may pay its inverse cost. If you do, put it into play instead.)
Whenever a player discards a card, Black Omen deals 1 damage to that player.
Uncommon - Paradise

[B]hmmm cool =P

Chaotic Grip 1R
Enchant Creature
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that play gains control of the enchanted creature and untaps it. Enchanted creature has haste.
Uncommon - Paradise

Something like Threaten =P

Seascraper 3UU
Creature - Merfolk
Seascraper is unblockable.
3/3
Uncommon - Paradise

ooooooooo. Merfolk LOL XD

anyway, a bit of help for your set

Satellite of Haromonics
Artifact
Whenever a Song spell resolves and is not countered (no matter from what source), put a charge counter on Satellite of Harmonics.
Remove a charge counter from Satellite of Harmonics: You gain 2 life.
2, Remove a charge counter from Satellite of Harmoics: Tap target permanent. It doesn't untap during it's owner's next untap phase.
Rare

Revival Cross
Artifact
Inverse - [3], discard a card from your hand. (Whenever this card is removed from the game, you may pay its inverse cost. If you do, put it into play instead.)
Revival Cross is indestructable.
When Revival Cross is put into play, choose a creature card in any graveyard and put it to play under your control.
9, T: Choose a creature card in any graveyard and put it into play under your control. That creature gains Haste and can't be the target of spells and abilities until end of turn.
Rare

Kenny_C.002
10-14-2004, 02:48 PM
The satellite seems like something I can use for the third set (it's all like mecha and enemy colour stuff...). lol

Essentially I'm having mechanics that will interact with song. Also, I will be making a cycle of "songstresses", which would be interesting. lol

PLOWER'S DRAIN! w00t!

So...you want to...help me eh. Well aren't you in luck? I'm still in the prelims for the third set (and first, but I'd like to make the first set by myself). The thing is, all I know is that it's about mecha and enem colours. That's it.

The firstset is Gaebis, codenamed "Phy"
Second is Paradise, codenamed "Bi"
Set name is Sanctuary, codename "Chem"

Well start storming some ideas for mechanics!!!! Zammy join in as well. lol

Jet
10-18-2004, 01:23 AM
lol. update on the elf:

Lyricist of Harmony
2GGG
Creature - Elf Shaman
1G, T: If an incantation is resolving or has resolved during the turn this ability is activated, you may play 1 non-incantation spell from your hand without paying its cost. If you didn't play a non-incantation spell this turn, remove a random card from your hand from the game.
2/3
Uncommon

There XD

more!!!

new ability: Reflection (insert cost here)

When Permanents or spells with Reflection becomes the target of a spell or ability, the spell or permanent's controller (the one with reflection), may pay the reflection cost to counter that spell of ability, and redirect it to another legal target.

some samples:

Walking Glass
Artifact Creature
Reflection [3] (When this card becomes the target of a spell or ability, the controller of this card may pay [3] to counter that spell or ability, and redirect it to another legal target.)
3/3
Common

Coat of Dreams
1UU
Enchant Creature
Reflection [U][U]
Enchanted creature has "Reflection [U][U]" and has flying.
Uncommon

Coat of Nightmares
2BB
Enchant Creature
Reflection
Enchanted Creature has "Reflection [BB]" and has: "B: Regenerate this creature."
Uncommon

Coat of Blaze
3RR
Enchant Creature
Reflection [R][R]
Enchanted Creature has "Reflection [R][R]" and has Double Strike.
Uncommon

Coat of Oaks
2GG
Enchant Creature
Reflection [G][G]
Enchanted Creature has "Reflection [G][G]" and gets +X/+X, where X is the number of lands you control.
Uncommon

Coat of Brilliance
1WWW
Enchant Creature
Reflection [W][W]
Enchanted Creature has "Reflection [W][W]" and has: "2W, discard a card from your hand: Redirect target spell or ability, which targets a single creature, to this creature."
Uncommon

Some others involving Inverse, songs and incantations:

Void of Darkness
3BBB
Sorcery
Inverse - [BBB]
Remove all creatures from the game. Each player loses life equal to the number of creatures that have been removed this way.
Rare

Atrocious Cavalier
2WW
Creature - Human Knight
Inverse - [W][W]
First Strike, Vigilance
3/3
Uncommon

Harsh Uproar
U
Instant
Counter target Song spell.
Common

[B]LOL

Magnum Hounds
3RR
Creature - Hound
Haste
Whenever an incantation is played, Magnum Hounds is indestructable until end of turn.
Whenever an incantation resolves, until end of turn, Magnum Hounds is indestructable, gains Vigilance, First Strike and gets +2/+0.
3/3
Rare

Chant Infestation
2GG
Enchantment
During each player's draw phase, unless an incantation resolved during that player's upkeep, that player puts X 1/1 green insect tokens into play, where X is the number of incantations he/she has in his/her graveyard.
Uncommon

Wording kinda sux... but I hope you get it XD

Edit: Okay... we better stop using "[ B ]" as for the cost of black... seems that its assuming that we're making the text bold XD

Kenny_C.002
10-18-2004, 02:37 AM
I don't actually think you can inverse a sorcery card tho...

Reflection can be lowered down to: "You may select a new target for the spell instead of enchanted creature" or something like that. You know what I mean. lol

I get it...somewhat. lol

But yeah...new mechanics ppl. Think...THINK....:P

Jet
10-19-2004, 12:46 PM
wha? creatures can be inversed, y not that? oh, can u activate Inverse when it's been removed from play from the graveyard?

another CONCEPT then... why not have "traps" like yugioh?

Jinxed Ally
2U
Trap
(Pay its mana cost and place it face down on the field.)
Activation - 2 or more creatures attack.
Gain control of target attacking creature. That creature you controlled then must block a creature this turn. If it doesn't, it's owner's gains control of it and put 2 +1/+1 counters on that creature.

eeasy, I'm bored again XD

Kenny_C.002
10-19-2004, 04:38 PM
It's the same reason why you can't madness a sorcery/instant. You CANNOT put a sorcery/instant "into play". You can only "play" them or "play them without paying its mana cost".

I don't think I like the idea of traps in magic due to the fact that you well pay the cost... but how do we know if you've played the right card for the right price, etc. It would get too complicated IMO. Maybe something like morphing? Like a trap you have to pay 3 to put faced down andto activate you'll need an activating cost or something? Either way, I'm not going to use it as a mechanic, since it seems more...block-wide.

Think in terms of multicolour and to a lesser extent removal. :P

I'll keep thinking until I have an idea.

Jet
10-20-2004, 01:06 PM
OOOhhh... I see...

hmm, yeah, something like morph =P

multicolr ei? hmmm

Prima (insert number) - samething as SoulShift, except instead of spirits, a multicolor creature or enchantment instead, and instead of from the graveyard, you search your library instead. You get it? XD

Kenny_C.002
10-20-2004, 11:31 PM
Yeah. It being a potentially too powerful mechanic if you don't cost it ridiculously high. It's alright if it's for a rare cycle but not very good otherwise.

I need something simple...something that COMMONS can use...

MY GOD!!! I just noticed the most powerful card from your cycle of rare lands was...the one that makes mana equal to the number of cards in your hand...
See this:
Turn 1: drop it, make 6 mana. O_O Dude, the mock black lotus that made you discard your hand before its activation...still...was...too overused...

Jet
10-29-2004, 10:41 AM
Lol... never thought of that... hahaha

anyway, some more mechanical stuff

Elenium
Artifact

Equipment with an original converted mana cost of 2 or more cost 1 less to play.
Sacrifice Elenium: Unattach target equipment, and attach it to target creature.
Uncommon

Oredicon
Artifact

Artifact spells with an original converted mana cost of 2 or 3 costs 1 less to play.
Sacrifice Oredicon: Add (4) to your mana pool.
Common

Emperium
Legendary Artifact

Emperium can't be put into play from the graveyard.
Emperium is indestructable.
Creatures you control get +2/+2.
Sacrifice Emperium: Search your library for up to any 2 cards, show them to your opponent and put it in your hand. Shuffle your library afterwards.

Rare

Kenny_C.002
10-29-2004, 11:56 PM
Elenium
Artifact

Equipment with an original converted mana cost of 2 or more cost 1 less to play.
Sacrifice Elenium: Unattach target equipment, and attach it to target creature.
Uncommon

Make it rare and we're all happy. :P

Oredicon
Artifact

Artifact spells with an original converted mana cost of 2 or 3 costs 1 less to play.
Sacrifice Oredicon: Add (4) to your mana pool.
Common

Hmmm....this is actually quite a powerful card. At elast uncommon.

Emperium
Legendary Artifact

Emperium can't be put into play from the graveyard.
Emperium is indestructable.
Creatures you control get +2/+2.
Sacrifice Emperium: Search your library for up to 2 cards, show them to your opponent and put it in your hand. Shuffle your library afterwards.

Rare

Don't need teh "any". Also, too many abilities (ie not elegant enough). :P

Jet
10-31-2004, 01:38 AM
Lol... yeah, Emperium's a bit odd...

anyway, starcraft-inspired stuff

Terran Medic
2W
Creature - Terran Medic (XD)
T: Choose 1: Prevent the next 3 damage done to target creature or player this turn, or you gain 3 life.
WWW, T: Target creature's power becomes 0 until end of turn.
0/3
Uncommon

Terran Siege Tank
Artifact Creature - Terran Vehicle
Trample
Terran Siege Tank can't be blocked by more than 1 creature.
Pay X life: Terran Siege Tank deals X damage to target creature. It can't be regenerated. The damage can't be redirected. Terran Siege Tank gets +X/-X until end of turn.
(X): Terran Siege Tank gets -X/+X until end of turn.
5/5
Rare

Zerg Lurker
3BBB
Creature - Zerg Horror
You may sacrifice "Zerg Hydralisk" instead of paying Zerg Lurker's casting cost.
First Strike, Trample
If your opponent's creatures attacks, you may untap Zerg Lurker.
B: Zerg Lurker gets +3/-3 until end of turn.
T: Zerg Lurker can't be the target of spells and abilities this turn. If untaps during the same turn this ability was activated, sacrifice Zerg Lurker and you lose 2 life.
0/7
Uncommon

Alakazam
10-31-2004, 01:02 PM
REALM OF SUPREME MAGIC PROHIBITION
Permanent Magic
Effect: While this card is face up on the field, [Raigeki], [Harpy's Featherduster], [Dark Hole], [Heavy Storm], and [Delinquent Duo] may not be played.

CASTE SYSTEM
Instant Magic
Effect: You may activate this card when a monster attacks. If the defending monster's level is lower than the attacking monster's level, than destroy the defending monster. If the attacking monster's level is lower, destroy it.

GUARDIAN OF THE TOWER
Normal Monster
[Light/Angel/4-1400/2100]

GAP BETWEEN DIMENSIONS
Field Magic
Effect: As long as this card is face up on the field, another monster zone exists between both player's monsters zones. Up to five monsters may exist here, and either player may summon a monster to this zone.

RUNIOH, AVATAR OF CHAOS
Effect Monster
[Dark/Demon/8-2600/1400]
Effect: Whenever one of your opponent's monsters attacks, flip a coin. If tails, the attack is negated. When this monster attacks, flip a coin. If heads, your opponent may not counter the attack with an effect.

STEADFAST RESOLVE
Instant Magic
Effect: This card may be played from your hand. You may activate this card when your life points become 0. Discard your hand, draw four cards, and shuffle your deck. Remove as many cards from the top of your deck as you wish, and increase your life points by the amount of cards you removed x 100.

Kenny_C.002
10-31-2004, 03:51 PM
Okay okay. I'm still thinking of mechanics here.

Gaebis uses these possible mechanics: (Removal/Multi-colour theme)
Flashback (when it is in the graveyard, you may play the spell again by paying its flashback cost and removing it from the game)
Imprint (the card imprinted is within the artifact's memory. An imprinted card is removed from the game. However, I don't know what its interactions with inverse will be...) <--I might take imprint off
Song Splice (you may pay it's Song Splice cost when a song is played. If you do, remove it from the game and put it into play.) <-- powerful mechanic, as songs can be used for sliding due to the wording of the card.
Kicker (when you play this spell, you may also pay its kicker cost. IF you do, an added effect is on)

Paradise uses: (removal theme)
Tangent (You may pay its tangent cost and remove another card in your hand from the game instead of paying its mana cost)
Inverse (when this card is removed from teh game, you may pay its inverse cost. If you do, put it into play instead.)

Sanctuary uses: (multicolour theme, specifically enemy colours. Jet, less artifacts, even if it has a slight mecha theme. lol)
Shift X (When this card is removed from the game, you may pay its shift cost. If you do, search your library for a sorcery or instant card with converted mana cost of X and shares a colour with the removed card and put it into your hand. Shuffle your library afterwards.)
Recycle X (You may remove this card from the game to put one card you own removed from the game with converted mana cost of X or less into your hand.)

Okay. So the verdict is out...BUT!!!! If you guys have any mechanics that you think should be there (ie I still want a couple more mechanics so I can start eliminating some), call me at PM. :P

Also, Sanctuary is the project that I'd like everyone to participate in. I wil be making this on Magic Set Editor, which CAN then be sent to Apprentice for ACTUAL playing with the cards. Anyone is welcome to join in on the set making, as long as the cards are realistic, I will most likely put it into the set (or another set if it feels right in another set. Credit will still be given.) Note that Sanctuary can use ALL mechanics from its own set AND from Gaebis (but not from Paradise). :P

I will laso be posting the stats I want for Sanctuary and holes to be filled. I'm sure this is a big project, but I think we can all make it through alive. lol

The format of the cards are like so:

Name - Mana cost (ie 1,WUBGR)
card type - subtype (if any)
effects text
flavour text
power/toughness (if any)
Rarity - set

Jet
11-01-2004, 04:24 AM
Lol... okay...

anyway, some DM cards...

Dark Wizard of Dragons
Fusion Monster
[Dark/Spellcaster/12/4400/3900]
Dark Magician + Red Eyes Black Dragon + Blue Eyes White Dragon
This monster can only be fusion summoned, and if at least 2 of the involved monsters are in your side of the field. When this monster is summoned successfully, do the following effects in any order:
- Destroy all of your monsters in your opponent's side of the field
- Destroy all of your spell/trap cards in your opponent's side of the field
- Inflict 2200 points of direct damage to the opponent
For each effect successfully activated and not negated or redirected, discard a card from your hand. If you can't discard a card from your hand this way, you lose the duel.
Offer this monster as a tribute to special summon "Dark Magician", "Red Eyes Black Dragon" and "Blue Eyes White Dragon" on your side of the field.

Wizard's Enchantment
Continuous Spell
This spell card can only be activated if Dark Wizard of Dragons is in your side of the field. When Dark Wizard of Dragons isn't on your side of the field anymore, remove this card from the game. When this card is successfully activated, put 3 drift counters on it. During your standby phase, you may remove only 1 drift counter from this card to do one of the following effects:
- Destroy all monsters on your opponent's side of the field.
- Destroy all spells/traps on your opponent's side of the field.
- Inflict 2200 points of direct damage to your opponent.
Once an effect has been used, you can't use that effect again.
Once the 3rd drift counter has been removed from this card, remove this card from the game.

Disruptor of All
Fusion Monster
[Dark/Machine/7/3050/1750]
Jinzo + Spell Canceller
Effect: As long as this card remains face-up on the field, spell and trap cards cannot be set, played and be activated. Negate the effects of all face-up spell and trap cards.

Master of Darkness
Fusion Monster
[Dark/Zombie/10/3600/1900]
Invader of Darkness + Fear from the Dark + Despair from the Dark
Effect: When this card is sent to the graveyard from either your hand or deck by an effect of an opponent's card, special summon this card face-up in attack position. When this monster is summoned, flip all other face-up cards on the field face-down. Whenever this monster inflicts battle damage to an opponent, that opponent discards a card from his/her hand at random, then shuffle your deck, and you draw a card.

Lol... I'm out of ideas on magic for the moment XD

Kenny_C.002
11-04-2004, 07:29 PM
Hmmmm....I've been thinking...maybe this new Sancutary set needs an even greater emphasis on the multicolours. Any ideas for how to promote it?

Alakazam
11-05-2004, 11:59 PM
Lol... okay...

anyway, some DM cards...

Dark Wizard of Dragons
Fusion Monster
[Dark/Spellcaster/12/4400/3900]
Dark Magician + Red Eyes Black Dragon + Blue Eyes White Dragon
This monster can only be fusion summoned, and if at least 2 of the involved monsters are in your side of the field. When this monster is summoned successfully, do the following effects in any order:
- Destroy all of your monsters in your opponent's side of the field
- Destroy all of your spell/trap cards in your opponent's side of the field
- Inflict 2200 points of direct damage to the opponent
For each effect successfully activated and not negated or redirected, discard a card from your hand. If you can't discard a card from your hand this way, you lose the duel.
Offer this monster as a tribute to special summon "Dark Magician", "Red Eyes Black Dragon" and "Blue Eyes White Dragon" on your side of the field.

Wizard's Enchantment
Continuous Spell
This spell card can only be activated if Dark Wizard of Dragons is in your side of the field. When Dark Wizard of Dragons isn't on your side of the field anymore, remove this card from the game. When this card is successfully activated, put 3 drift counters on it. During your standby phase, you may remove only 1 drift counter from this card to do one of the following effects:
- Destroy all monsters on your opponent's side of the field.
- Destroy all spells/traps on your opponent's side of the field.
- Inflict 2200 points of direct damage to your opponent.
Once an effect has been used, you can't use that effect again.
Once the 3rd drift counter has been removed from this card, remove this card from the game.

Disruptor of All
Fusion Monster
[Dark/Machine/7/3050/1750]
Jinzo + Spell Canceller
Effect: As long as this card remains face-up on the field, spell and trap cards cannot be set, played and be activated. Negate the effects of all face-up spell and trap cards.

Master of Darkness
Fusion Monster
[Dark/Zombie/10/3600/1900]
Invader of Darkness + Fear from the Dark + Despair from the Dark
Effect: When this card is sent to the graveyard from either your hand or deck by an effect of an opponent's card, special summon this card face-up in attack position. When this monster is summoned, flip all other face-up cards on the field face-down. Whenever this monster inflicts battle damage to an opponent, that opponent discards a card from his/her hand at random, then shuffle your deck, and you draw a card.

Lol... I'm out of ideas on magic for the moment XD

More massive effect cards from Jet, lol :P

Kenny_C.002
11-07-2004, 04:13 PM
More massive effect cards from Jet, lol :P

Massive? Yes, they are massive indeed. *HINT HINT* :P

Tamer Marco
11-07-2004, 06:06 PM
Heh, those are some good cards right there. But they take too long to play. :tongue3:

Jet
11-09-2004, 11:21 AM
Lol, not really XD

anywayz, more DM:

The Jeweled Eye
Effect Monster
[Dark/Spellcaster/4/1000/2000]
Effect: As long as this card is face up on the field, each player reveals the top card of his/her deck. Each player then may play the cards on the top of their respective decks as if they were from their hand.

Crimson Cage
Effect Monster
[Fire/Machine/6/0/2000]
Effect: As long as this card is face-up on the field, during each player's standby phase, you must destroy 1 monster on the player's field whos turn it is currently. If you do, increase the ATK and DEF of this card equal to the original DEF of the destroyed monster. If this monster is destroyed due to this card's own effect, each player gains 2000 LP.

Magic Reverser
Spell - Equip
Switch the equipped monster's ATK and DEF. When the equipped monster is destroyed through combat, return this card back to it's owner's hand.

Royal Crusade
Trap - Continuous
Increase the ATK and DEF of your monsters in the field by 500. Increase the ATK and DEF of your tokens by 1000 instead of 500. Pay 500 Life Points during your standby phase, if you don't, destroy this card.

Metallic Rafflesia
Trap - Counter
Discard a card from your hand. Gain control of 1 of your opponent's monsters (regardless of position) until the end of your next turn.

Spiral Masquerade
Spell - Continuous
When 1 of your opponent's monsters attacks 1 of your monsters, before doing damage calculation, you may pay life points equal to the attacking monster's ATK. If you do, negate that attack, then at end of turn, switch the attacking monster to face-down defense position.

Magic:

Barbed Bathorus
2RB
Creature - Horror Wizard
First Strike
Sacrifice Barbed Bathorus: Add RB to your mana pool, and target creature gains first strike until end of turn.
2/3

Crescent Scythe
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +3/+0, trample and double-strike.
When Cresent Scythe is put into a graveyard from play, it deals 3 damage to each creature and each player.
Equip 4

Magnus Exorcisma
WWWWW
Sorcery (maybe incantation???)
Until the end of your next turn, white creatures you control gain protection from all colors other than white until end of turn.

Corrosive Vermis
3GB
Creature - Horror Rat
Whenever Corrosive Vermis deals combat damage to a creature, destroy it at end of combat.
Whenever Corrosive Vermis deals combat damage to a player, destroy target artifact or enchantment that player controls.
3/3

Matrical Manta
5UW
Creature - Beast
Flying, Vigilance
Whenever Matrical Manta deals combat damage, you gain that much life.
6/3

Verudian Corsair
1GGUU
Creature - Human Pirate (wow... let's make Pirate a constant! XD)
Immunity (you know what it means)
Verudian Corsair is unblockable.
Whenever Verudian Corsair deals combat damage to a player, you may add that much G and/or U to your mana pool. That mana added does not cause you to mana burn. If you don't, draw a card instead.
2/3

Cardinal Temple
3URR
Legendary Enchantment
During each player's upkeep, that player may return a permanent he/she controls back to its owner's hand to draw a card.
Discard a card from your hand: Cardinal Temple deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
Pay 2 life: Draw a card. Any player may play this ability.

Quinticical Avios
WURBG
Creature - Bird
Flying
T: Add 1 mana of any color to your mana pool. After this ability is activated, you must play a spell from your hand. If you don't, you lose 2 life. If you do, that spell can't be countered.
T: Add WURBG to your mana pool.
3/3

Kenny_C.002
11-09-2004, 11:55 AM
Cardinal Temple
3URR
Legendary Enchantment
During each player's upkeep, that player may return a permanent he/she controls back to its owner's hand to draw a card.
Discard a card from your hand: Cardinal Temple deals 2 damage to target creature or player.

Ahh yes. A six-mana 1-turn kill machine. You did notice that the abilities are broken beyond comprehension, right?

Jet
11-09-2004, 11:58 AM
Cardinal Temple
3URR
Legendary Enchantment
During each player's upkeep, that player may return a permanent he/she controls back to its owner's hand to draw a card. A player can't return more than 1 permanent this way.
Discard a card from your hand: Cardinal Temple deals 2 damage to target creature or player. Any player may play this ability.

Woops... hehehe

Kenny_C.002
11-09-2004, 11:25 PM
Cardinal Temple
3URR
Legendary Enchantment
During each player's upkeep, that player may return a permanent he/she controls back to its owner's hand to draw a card. A player can't return more than 1 permanent this way.
Discard a card from your hand: Cardinal Temple deals 2 damage to target creature or player. Any player may play this ability.

Woops... hehehe

Hehehe yeah. Cuz that didn't actually change anything. :-/

Suggestion for the fix: get rid of the third ability. The first ability drop tojust bounce. I'd swear that should keep it down.

*correction: Add a mana cost on the second ability. Still drop the 3rd ability.

Jet
11-09-2004, 11:58 PM
Cardinal Temple
3URR
Legendary Enchantment
During each player's upkeep, that player returns a permanent he/she controls back to its owner's hand.
1, discard a card from your hand: Cardinal Temple deals 2 damage to target creature or player. Any player may play this ability.

Kenny_C.002
11-10-2004, 12:23 AM
Cardinal Temple
3URR
Legendary Enchantment
During each player's upkeep, that player returns a permanent he/she controls back to its owner's hand.
1, discard a card from your hand: Cardinal Temple deals 2 damage to target creature or player. Any player may play this ability.

The best one yet! Okay. I don't know the rest of the power-level stuff. Go play around with the card to see how it works and stuff. More likely than no, the cost much bump up by 1 (I don't know, the costing right now seems alright).

Jet
11-13-2004, 05:14 AM
heh, lolz

anyway, DM stuff:

Azure Eyes Ivory Dragon
Effect Monster
Dragon/Light/10/3700/3200
Effect: This monster can't be special summoned from the graveyard. You may Special Summon this card by offering 1 face-up Blue Eyes White Dragon on your side of the field as a tribute. When this monster is destroyed through battle, destroy all monsters in your opponent's side of the field. For each monster destroyed this way, pay 500 LP.

Crimson Eyes Ebony Dragon
Effect Monster
Dragon/Dark/9/3200/2700
Effect: This monster can't be special summoned from the graveyard. You may Special Summon this card by offering 1 face-up Red Eyes Black Dragon on your side of the field as a tribute. When this monster is destroyed through battle, this monster inflicts 3200 points of direct damage minus 400 damage for each card in each player's hand. If the damage isn't negated, reduced and/or redirected, each player discards his/her hand afterwards.

Shadow Magician
Effect Monster
Spellcaster/Dark/9/3300/2800
Effect: This monster can't be special summoned from the graveyard. You may Special Summon this card by offering 1 face-up Dark Magician on your side of the field as a tribute. When this monster is destroyed through battle, destroy all magic/trap cards on your opponent's side of the field. For each card destroyed this way, pay 500 LP.

Shadow Magician Maiden
Effect Monster
Spellcaster/Dark/8/2600/2100
Effect: This monster can't be special summoned from the graveyard. You may Special Summon this card by offering 1 face-up Dark Magician Girl on your side of the field as a tribute. Increase the ATK and DEF of this card by 400 for each dark spellcaster in your graveyard.

Kenny_C.002
01-13-2005, 03:39 AM
Okay okay. So like the problem here is I'm still out of mechanics and darn magic is tapping into my pool of cards. Darn.

Okay okay. So a revising on the abilities:

Shift (x): You may remove this card in your hand from the game to return target card of the same type from your graveyard back to your hand.

Jet
01-13-2005, 11:33 AM
Okay okay. So like the problem here is I'm still out of mechanics and darn magic is tapping into my pool of cards. Darn.

Okay okay. So a revising on the abilities:

Shift (x): You may remove this card in your hand from the game to return target card of the same type from your graveyard back to your hand.

lol... aah, the power of mods... able to revive very old threads just like that... may I be one here? lol

anyway, nice... an even nicer effect is something like this:

Bubble of Intervention
UW
Instant
Shift (2)
Counter target spell that targets a creature, then prevent all damage that will be done by and dealt to the same target creature until end of turn.
If this card would be Shifted, choose 1: Counter target spell. or you gain 5 life.

you know, something would happend when shifting occurs... although I think there could be a better term for "Shift" =/ good mechanic nonetheless

Kenny_C.002
01-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Nice. It's like cycling now that you think about it. lol

And it's stickied anyway HA!

Shift was a good mechanic, but I kinda wanted an attacking mechanic regarding removal. So what do I do? Here's my new mechanic:

Sifter (cost): You may pay sifter cost to remove an attacking creature from the game and put this creature into play tapped and attacking. At the end of turn, return this card back to its owner's hand and return the removed creature into play under its owner's control.

It's a monster! No really it is. Let's get some stuff across first:

Yes, you may sift an opponent's attacking creature.
No, if it dies you don't get it back from your graveyard (due to it not being on the field).
Yes, even if it dies the removed creature still comes back. This is similar to astral slide.

Oh snap! This mechanic is going to be moved to Gaebis for its abilities.

I'm still stuck with no multi-coloured mechanic...until now.....

Well kicker will be multi-coloured anyway, but it's the other stuff...a new mechanic that's not as good a sifter:

Conscend (cost): (cost), Discard this card: reveal the top card of your library you reveal until a (colour) creature with a converted mana cost of (cost) or less. Shuffle your library afterwards.

Oh man, what a powerful mechanic. SWEET!

Okay the mechanics taht you'll be seeing around:

Gaebis

Flashback (when it is in the graveyard, you may play the spell again by paying its flashback cost and removing it from the game)
Kicker (when you play this spell, you may also pay its kicker cost. IF you do, an added effect is on)
Sifter (You may pay sifter cost to remove an attacking creature from the game and put this creature into play tapped and attacking. At the end of turn, return this card back to its owner's hand and return the removed creature into play under its owner's control.)

Paradise

Tangent (You may pay its tangent cost and remove another card in your hand from the game instead of paying its mana cost)
Inverse (when this card is removed from the game, you may pay its inverse cost. If you do, put it into play instead.)

Sanctuary

Shift (You may remove this card in your hand from the game to return target card of the same type from your graveyard back to your hand.)
Conscend (cost), Discard this card: reveal the top card of your library you reveal until a (colour) creature with a converted mana cost of (cost) or less. Shuffle your library afterwards.

Don't know where to go/revising mechanics

Recycle (revising) (You may remove this card from the game to put one card you own removed from the game with converted mana cost of X or less into your hand.)

And these, my friends, are the mechanics of the Gaebis block. Play around with them and stuff. I'm still gonna go and revise Paradise and stuff. Always welcome cards for Sanctuary. btw Jet, I'd like more enemy colours, since it's themed that way (and it's more challenging for you anyway, as your skills have increased).

Jet
01-14-2005, 01:26 PM
err... as much as my skills have improved, waht do you mean by "enemy colors"? lol XD

Kenny_C.002
01-14-2005, 07:48 PM
The opposite of allied colours silly. You know: red/blue, green/blue, white/black, green/black, white/red.

Jet
01-16-2005, 01:27 AM
er, I really still don't get it... you mean something like Western Paladin? anti-specific colors?

Kenny_C.002
01-23-2005, 05:11 AM
I meant like cards that deal with enemy colours. so like a black card with a whtie kicker would be soemthing of interest (desolate angel was one), or just a card that's using both enemy colours (like vindicate or something). Stuff like that. I'm sure you could do stuff with it.

Jet
01-23-2005, 06:55 AM
OOOOOhh... okay okay... nice... =P

here's some:

Steam Generator
Artifact
At the beginning of your upkeep, add UR to your mana pool. This mana doesn't cause mana burn. Until end of turn, this mana doesn't empty from your mana pool as phases end.
Sacrifice Steam Generator: Prevent all damage this turn.

(Yeah, I just love the new snake shamans XD)

Mind Jolt
1R
Instant
Kicker 1U
Mind Jolt deals 2 damage to target creature. If you paid the kicker cost, if the creature is destroyed this way, draw 2 cards.

Piercing Void
2BW
Sorcery
Remove target permanent from the game. Then look at your opponent's hand. Choose 1 of those cards and remove it from the game.

Toxin Viper
1GG
Creature - Snake
Sifter - 1B
When Shadow Viper deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card from his/her hand. If you paid the Sifter cost, look at your opponent's hand instead, then choose a card there and discard it.

Jungle Mistwalker
2UG
Creature - Illusion
Kicker UU and/or Kicker GG
When Jungle Mistwalker comes into play, each player returns a land he/she controls back to their owner's hand. If you paid the UU Kicker cost, Jungle Mistwalker is unblockable. If you paid the GG Kicker cost, put a +1/+1 counter on Jungle Mistwalker.
4/4

Elimination of the Elements
BBBB
Instant
Destroy target permanent whose color isn't the same as the mana used to pay this spells cost.
Flashback - WWWW

(So if you played it from your hand, destroy target non-black... if u flashbacked, destroy target non-white)

bah, I ran out for your set... here's my new set! Secrets of Kamigawa =P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Jetricson/Netsu.bmp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Jetricson/Taizo.bmp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Jetricson/Tosho.bmp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Jetricson/Domon.bmp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Jetricson/Mouri.bmp

bah, still in beta stages

Kenny_C.002
01-23-2005, 06:59 PM
Time for criticism! :P

Steam Generator
Artifact
At the beginning of your upkeep, add UR to your mana pool. This mana doesn't cause mana burn. Until end of turn, this mana doesn't empty from your mana pool as phases end.
Sacrifice Steam Generator: Prevent all damage this turn.

good Idea, bad execution. The 2 abilities have nothing to do with each other. I mean, you're better off if you sac the generator to get more mana instead of damage prevention. btw, prevention like that would cost like 6.

Mind Jolt
1R
Instant
Kicker 1U
Mind Jolt deals 2 damage to target creature. If you paid the kicker cost, if the creature is destroyed this way, draw 2 cards.

good stuff.

Piercing Void
2BW
Sorcery
Remove target permanent from the game. Then look at your opponent's hand. Choose 1 of those cards and remove it from the game.

Oh, too broken. Remember that vindicate is nowhere near this card's power and it only costed 1 less.

Toxin Viper
1GG
Creature - Snake
Sifter - 1B
When Shadow Viper deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card from his/her hand. If you paid the Sifter cost, look at your opponent's hand instead, then choose a card there and discard it.

Make it 1GB in cost to begin with.

Jungle Mistwalker
2UG
Creature - Illusion
When Jungle Mistwalker comes into play, each player returns a land he/she controls back to their owner's hand. If you paid the UU Kicker cost, Jungle Mistwalker is unblockable. If you paid the GG Kicker cost, put a +1/+1 counter on Jungle Mistwalker.
4/4

Mixed reactions here. It's good, but I don't know whether blue SHOULD have such a powerul creature at its arsenal. I know I can pass a 3/4 for sure tho.

BBBB
Instant
Destroy target permanent whose color isn't the same as the mana used to pay this spells cost.
Flashback - WWWW

This gives white the ability to destroy land. And that would be horrible. The concept is pretty nice here, but the wording is not clear and definity you've crossed boundaries that white isn't supposed to cross (no, geddon and balance are NOT examples of white land-d, it's white balancing.)

As for the secrets cards...I can't read them...so tiny. lol

Some stuff for you to kick me about. :P

Liberation 2W
Enchantment
Whenever a player shifts a card, you may pay 1. If so, remove target creature from the game. Return it into play under its owner's control at the end of turn.
Uncommon

Oh noes111 Slide returns! :P

Jet
01-24-2005, 11:59 AM
Steam Generator
Artifact
If at least UU has been paid in playing this card, Steam Generator can't be countered. If at least RR has been paid in playing this card, Steam Generator is indestructable.
Prevent all damage.

Well... kinda wierd... but meh

Piercing Void
4BW
Sorcery

well, more expensive then...

Toxin Viper
1GB
Creature - Snake
Sifter - 1B or 1G
When Shadow Viper deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card from his/her hand. If you paid the 1B Sifter cost, look at your opponent's hand instead, then choose a card there and discard it. If you paid the 1G Sifter cost, Toxin Viper gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
2/2

woops, 4got the p/t

Jungle Mistwalker
2UG
Creature - Illusion
3/4

there =P

BBBB
Instant
Destroy target non-land permanent whose color isn't the same as the mana used to pay this spells cost.
Flashback - WWWW

Woops, take a good look again XD

Some stuff for you to kick me about. :P

Liberation 2W
Enchantment
Whenever a player shifts a card, you may pay 1. If so, remove target creature from the game. Return it into play under its owner's control at the end of turn.
Uncommon

Oh noes111 Slide returns! :P

lol, not really that strong as slide, but good

err, some more cards 4 ur set

Sonic Angel
Creature - Angel
2RRWW
Haste, Flying, Double Strike
Sacrifice a Plains and a Mountain: Sonic Angel loses Double Strike until end of turn, and is unblockable this turn.
4/4

Allegiance to Light and Darkness
1BW
Enchantment
Creatures you control are White and Black instead of their original colors. (This includes artifact creatures.)

Frostblaze
Legendary Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+0 and First Strike.
Equipped creature has protection from green, white and black.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a creature, tap it. It doesn't untap during it's controller's next untap phase.
Equip 4

Marshtoderm
1BBGG
Creature - Beast Horror
Immunity
Whenever Marshtoderm attacks or blocks, sacrifice a non-token creature at end of combat.
7/7

okay... bigger:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Jetricson/Domon.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Jetricson/Mouri.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Jetricson/Netsu.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Jetricson/Taizo.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Jetricson/Tosho.jpg

Kenny_C.002
03-25-2005, 04:44 AM
Gaebis

Mirage (You may pay mirage cost to remove a creature you control from the game and put this creature into play. Remove it from the game at the end of turn.)

Paradise

Inverse (when this card is removed from the game, you may pay its inverse cost. If you do, put it into play instead.)

Sanctuary

Shift (XC) (You may remove this card in your hand from the game to copy target [Colour, determined by "C"] spell you control with converted mana cost X or less.)
Conscend (cost), Discard this card: reveal the top card of your library until you reveal a (colour) creature with a converted mana cost of (cost) or less. Put it into your hand. Shuffle your library afterwards.

Don't know where to go/revising mechanics

Recycle (revising) (You may remove this card from the game to put one card you own removed from the game with converted mana cost of X or less into your hand.)

First of all, notice that kicker got kicked out. of ths set, mainly because I think I can play around with this pool of mechanics to play with multicoloured stuff.

First, notice that sifter is different now: it gives mirage effect or some sort instead of the original "keep on changing" effect. It makes things more interesting, to say the least. It makes sense in the Gaebis world now, as it's lie a desperate attempt to save oneself with a mirage or some sort. The previous mechanic was similar to ninjitsu (this one too, but that's not the point). I feel this can make sifters more powerful and cost higher normally. See this one:

Shadow's Vince 8BBB
Creature - Horror
Sifter 3BB
When Shadow's Vince deals combat damage to target player, you may look at that player's hand and choose one creature card. Put that creature card into play under your control.
5/5
Rare

Here not only can you put something ridiculous for cheap, (like 5 compared to 11?) you can do some nasty stuff with unblocked creatures. :O

Next, tangent moves to becoming a full block mechanic, as it's pretty ridiculous not to be. I'm thinking of putting new twists to it...

Dischanting Haze W
Instant - song
Tangent - remove a white card in your graveyard from the game (You may remove a white card in your graveyard from the game and a card in your hand from the game instead of paying Dischanting Haze's mana cost)
Prevent all combat damage this turn
common

Shift was up there in terms of brokenness with sifter, so shift got a face lift to be copies! :D Copies are your friends (except they're copies of crappy spells lol). :)

Kenny_C.002
03-29-2005, 08:59 PM
Sifter got renamed to Mirage and gets a facelift to make it feel more desperate, as it was intended to be. I noticed that Mirage has interesting mechanisms such as bounce and and such for reusing powerful effects of the Mirage creatures...such as this finisher:

Mirage Burster 4BRG
Creature - Spirit
Mirage - remove 7 lands you control from the game (Remove 7 lands you control from the game, sacrifice a creature: Put Mirage Burster into play. Remove it from the game at the end of turn.)
Haste, trample
6/6
rare

Hohoho. A 6/6 that costs you NOTHING! Oh my goodness this is like the end of the world or something. Speaking of which this card looks to be very goodand very weak at the same time. Certainly a deck can play around with this essentially free creature. :)

So Vince becomes:

Shadow's Vince 8BBB
Creature - Horror Spirit
Mirage 1BBB
Haste, trample
When Shadow's Vince deals combat damage to target player, you may look at that player's hand and choose one creature card. Put that creature card into play under your control.
5/5
Rare

The difference is that you can cost Vince much more agressively and make him do more (in this case, trample) with the major drawback. This version does mean you can't do it as a combat trick, but who cares if you're smashing face? :)

Mirage is interesting in it that haste creatures will pop up more often, but also other abilities that make mirage truely "desperate"...or so it seems.

Of course, the mechanics get more facelifts:

Conscend [X] (Discard this card: reveal the top X cards of your library. Put all (colour) creatures into your hand. Shuffle your library afterwards.)

The impact of this is that you can find a lot of creatures quickly, similar to a rebel sort of style. Not too bad as a mechanic (note that the X count changes with creatures...like 2 or 3 usually).

Treehood Traveler RGW
Legendary Creature - Spirit
Conscend [X] (Discard this card: reveal the top X cards of your library. Put all green, white, or red creatures into your hand. Shuffle your library afterwards.)
Trample
4/4
Rare

Interesting to note that it's a 4/4 trample for 3, which is ridiculously good (but just TRY to get to that type of mana. lol). Pretty agressive costing, but certainly this is about the right cost (I mean with all the 4/4 for 4's and 5/5 of 4's running around). Good stuff for getting an army off when you need an army and just hard casted for power. Notice that it's NEVER a dead card, since the ability doesn't affect the guy on the field. :D