The Maple Syrup Baptist
03-30-2007, 04:56 AM
Because we all know at least one. And I'm a softie :redface:

Hold The Line - Pilate
Dirge For November - Opeth
Isolation Years - Opeth
Hollow Life - KoRn
Resurrection - Fear Factory

There's others I can't think of right now, but I recommend everyone viewing this thread to check out these songs, as they're quite touching! :happy:

What songs make you cry?

Soda
03-30-2007, 05:17 AM
A few nun come to mind but yyes a few do!

Xalapeno
03-30-2007, 11:45 AM
I don't know.
I forgot the name of the song, but it was on "The Lion King" somewhere.:susp:
I'm a bit sensitive myself.(Don't think of me as a pushover. This only strengthens me for other stuff and I'll push you over.).:tongue:

I think thats it. I've never heard any other songs that made me sad.:ermm: Then again, this was when I was like 6yrs old when I watched that movie, so.........yeah.

Pokeboy sarab
03-30-2007, 12:56 PM
I don't know.
I'm a bit sensitive myself.(Don't think of me as a pushover. This only strengthens me for other stuff and I'll push you over.).:tongue:

I think thats it. I've never heard any other songs that made me sad.:ermm: Then again, this was when I was like 6yrs old when I watched that movie, so.........yeah.
Because of you-Kelly clarkson is one.

Pooka
03-30-2007, 02:18 PM
I don't know.

The lion king is so sad when Mufasa dies and they play that really sad music and simba is pushing his lifeless body and saying "Come on Dad we gotta go home."...sniff...sniff

I can't listen to Fast Car by Tracy Chapman all the way through, it just sounds to depressing and sad.

Neo Emolga
03-30-2007, 02:25 PM
*Moved to Other Entertainment.

I've never heard a song that made me cry, but some of the better, sadder songs I've heard are:

Only Time - Enya (Always reminds me of the events of 9/11/01)
18 - Moby (Again, another song that was influenced by 9/11/01)
An Epitaph to War - Glory Soundtrack (Its played during the part where the Confederates bury the members of the 54th Massachusetts Volunteer Regiment and the very end of the movie, and its really depressing.)

The Broken Hearts Parade
03-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Cancer - My chemical Romance.

Abhijit x2
03-30-2007, 04:53 PM
Numb- Linkin park. I love that song.

ZadokRox
03-30-2007, 11:28 PM
'He's My Son' (I think the version that tears me up is by Kathy Troccoli). The last time I heard that song, it was on the radio in my car. I had to turn it off before I started tearing up. I moves me because it's about a mother's love for her son and I don't feel very much love from my mom (definitely didn't feel any from my dad, who passed away two and a half years ago). :sad:

Blue-
03-31-2007, 01:10 AM
I think it was that heavy metal... Hmm...

xD No, I've never cried because of a song... Except for Winnie the Pooh, but that was a coincidence. T,T

Jack of Clovers
03-31-2007, 01:21 AM
Christmas Shoes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhFq9RZM-Gc&eurl)

:sad:

~Jack~

Orthar
03-31-2007, 01:33 AM
Christmas Shoes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhFq9RZM-Gc&eurl)

:sad:

~Jack~
I laughed at that song....I mean....Christmas Shoes? Not many songs make me cry.....but....I need to think.

Clutch
03-31-2007, 02:02 AM
I laughed at that song....I mean....Christmas Shoes? Not many songs make me cry.....but....I need to think.

You're just friggin' cold-hearted if you don't even get a lump in your throat from that song.

Such a sad song, but a good one for around Christmas time.

Neo Emolga
04-01-2007, 02:13 PM
You're just friggin' cold-hearted if you don't even get a lump in your throat from that song.

Such a sad song, but a good one for around Christmas time.

The guy could have brought her to the hospital instead...

That's what I don't get from that song. "Yeah sure, I'll buy that kid the shoes, but heck, driving her to the hospital would be better, but whateva!"

That's why... I just don't take that song seriously.

skiboydoggy
04-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Songs that make me cry huh?

Anything by Paris Hilton.

Echo
04-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Commercialized crap that's all over MTV and the radio.

In a more sophisticated manner of speaking, I've never been a one to cry over movies, TV shows or music. I can always connect almost every song I listen to with an enjoyable event.

There have been quite a few songs that have either touched me emotionally or religiously:

U Can be Touched by Tupac Shakur and The Outlawz

I'm not a fan of rap, but thank God for Tupac's lyrics. The describing of a painful life that is lead by many is so near the surface in this song that it's touching no matter what social class you're in.

Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers

The most beautiful piece of slow rock you'll hear.

Dare You To Move by Switchfoot

Makes me proud to be a Christian, because the band is of the same religion and their music is love to my ears. Not to mention the lyrics.

Waiting For Tonight by Jennifer Lopez

Sort of contradiction from the commercialized crap part, but she, and her song here, are my soft spots.

Gaia
04-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Songs that make me cry huh?

Anything by Paris Hilton.

Paris Hilton? Pfft. :P

Song that makes me cry....I once cried unitentionally over the Winnie The Pooh theme song. D:

Snowball, we're...we're...TWINS! D:

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Paris Hilton? Pfft. :P

I think he meant cry as in, cry from the agony of listening to it. :wink:

Jack of Clovers
04-02-2007, 03:31 AM
The guy could have brought her to the hospital instead...

That's what I don't get from that song. "Yeah sure, I'll buy that kid the shoes, but heck, driving her to the hospital would be better, but whateva!"

That's why... I just don't take that song seriously.

If they can't afford a pair of shoes, what makes you think they can afford to go to the hospital? It's the principle of the story, not the logic, that should make one sad when listening to the song. :wink:

~Jack~

Sharku
04-02-2007, 03:52 AM
Well I really don't cry to songs, but here are a few that really touch me.

Jesus Christ by Brand New
Better Together by Jack Johnson
Without You Here by Finch
Thinking About Forever by P.O.D.
Some Will Seek Forgiveness, Others Escape by Underøath

Neo Emolga
04-02-2007, 04:15 AM
If they can't afford a pair of shoes, what makes you think they can afford to go to the hospital? It's the principle of the story, not the logic, that should make one sad when listening to the song. :wink:

~Jack~

The guy who brought the shoes could have taken her to the hospital. If a kid went up to you and said "My mom is dying," what are you going to say, "here, kid, have some Sketchers, that should make mommy happy!" Seriously, let's get real about this. That clown should have said something more like "Come on kid, let's go to your mother and see if we can help her."

Besides, American hospitals have a policy where they won't deny anyone treatment. So, he could have brought her in even without money, and she'd be fine, its just us taxpayers that would have to haul out for it. It loses its effectiveness at being sad if it doesn't even make logical sense.

Second, he's being a flat out hypocrite by saying it all in the first place. "Oh, look at how good I am, I brought some kid's dying mother a pair of Christmas shoes!" Not only does it sound stupid, but he's getting an ego-trip. If you're going to do something nice, do it, and keep it silent. Don't expect the world to love you after you do something good for someone else.

I honestly don't see how anyone could find that stupid song to be sad. And second, around Christmas, they sure over play the heck out of it.

skiboydoggy
04-04-2007, 03:25 PM
The guy who brought the shoes could have taken her to the hospital. If a kid went up to you and said "My mom is dying," what are you going to say, "here, kid, have some Sketchers, that should make mommy happy!" Seriously, let's get real about this. That clown should have said something more like "Come on kid, let's go to your mother and see if we can help her."

Besides, American hospitals have a policy where they won't deny anyone treatment. So, he could have brought her in even without money, and she'd be fine, its just us taxpayers that would have to haul out for it. It loses its effectiveness at being sad if it doesn't even make logical sense.

Second, he's being a flat out hypocrite by saying it all in the first place. "Oh, look at how good I am, I brought some kid's dying mother a pair of Christmas shoes!" Not only does it sound stupid, but he's getting an ego-trip. If you're going to do something nice, do it, and keep it silent. Don't expect the world to love you after you do something good for someone else.

I honestly don't see how anyone could find that stupid song to be sad. And second, around Christmas, they sure over play the heck out of it.
I agree, it is quite an ego trip.

"God must have sent him to me..."

I shut down at that point. There are songs that touch me more, and it's just from the tune itself mine you, like Hoshizora no Waltz from Kimi ga Nozumu Eien. It owns from here to Pluto.

Charbok
04-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Back to your Heart- Backstreet Boys

Call me a dork if you must :tongue:

Pooka
04-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Another one that makes me shed a tear sometimes is Unfaithul by Rihanna, the lyrics and story are really sad.

Gaby
04-12-2007, 05:33 PM
*sigh* I gotta admit there are a few that have made me cry,

Sadness and Sorrow - Toshiro Masuda
The song when Hinata and Neji fight - Toshiro Masuda
Izayoi (Sixteen Nights) - Megumi Hayashibara

A few other more that I can't remember their names at the moment :ermm: