PDA

View Full Version : After you've caught & evolved a pokemon...

Jane
03-30-2007, 02:45 PM
Hello. I'm playing Pokemon Crystal and I have a question.

Once a pokemon has been caught and fully evolved, and all of its details are in the pokedex, is it ok to release it then, if you have no further uses for it?

For example, I have a Starmie in one of the boxes on Bills PC and I never plan on using it so it is just gonna sit there otherwise.

I had a female Seaking, but wanted a male one, so I released the female one and its details stayed in the pokedex as an owned pokemon. I just want to doublecheck that it works like that.

What I plan on doing if it is possible is to release 80% of the captured pokemon and just keep 10-15 which I will change around as my team.

Thanks. :happy:

Yggdrasill
03-30-2007, 03:03 PM
It's completely ok to release a Pokemon if you have no further uses for it, it doesn't affect the Pokedex at all. ;)
Basically; once you capture a Pokemon and have had it in your possession/in Bills PC at least once then it's information will always be in your Pokedex. Is that the answer you were looking for? :eh:

Jane
03-30-2007, 03:14 PM
It's completely ok to release a Pokemon if you have no further uses for it, it doesn't affect the Pokedex at all. ;)
Basically; once you capture a Pokemon and have had it in your possession/in Bills PC at least once then it's information will always be in your Pokedex. Is that the answer you were looking for? :eh:
Yes, lol.

Basically all I wanted to know was whether or not it would effect the pokedex, or the amount of pokemon owned.

Thanks for the... clarification. :hungry:

Yggdrasill
03-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the... clarification. :hungry:
No problem.
Most Pokemon can be caught again without much trouble anyway, the only ones you shouldn't release are Legendaries and "One-time only" Pokemon.

Ryouko
03-30-2007, 08:50 PM
No it wont efect the pokedex or number of pokeman owned but i wouldnt see why u would want to do that since there all perfectly good pokeman, and mabey u may want to use them later on.:oops:

Kyeiko
03-30-2007, 08:57 PM

Once a pokemon has been caught and fully evolved, and all of its details are in the pokedex, is it ok to release it then, if you have no further uses for it?

For example, I have a Starmie in one of the boxes on Bills PC and I never plan on using it so it is just gonna sit there otherwise.

I had a female Seaking, but wanted a male one, so I released the female one and its details stayed in the pokedex as an owned pokemon. I just want to doublecheck that it works like that.

What I plan on doing if it is possible is to release 80% of the captured pokemon and just keep 10-15 which I will change around as my team.

Yeah its okay, I've done that with plenty of my pokemon. ^.^

Venusaur456
03-30-2007, 10:14 PM

It's perfectly find to release them. Except if they are legendaries.

Besides, don't you think the released Pokemon would be happy to see their parents?:biggrin:

Lucavi
03-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Alright, this has been answered