PDA

View Full Version : Arcanine Moveset

plusle and minun
03-30-2007, 07:56 PM
I need help wit my Arcanine in Crystal. I think he's great but i think i need help making him perfect.

Level: 50

Bite
Extremespeed
Flamethrower
DragonBreath

is this great? if not wat can make him perfect?

MagmarMan
03-31-2007, 12:16 AM
Thats a really good moveset: 8/10!

The only thing that I would change is extremespeed. It has 5 (If I'm correct) PP and has and 80 base attack.

Take Down would be better here since it has a better base attack, more PP, and Arcanine could handle the recoil. It's TM 9 in R/B/Y so you could trade it there, teach it Take Down, then trade it back to Crystal.

Hope that helped you and congrats on the nice Arcanine.

plusle and minun
04-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Thats a really good moveset: 8/10!

The only thing that I would change is extremespeed. It has 5 (If I'm correct) PP and has and 80 base attack.

Take Down would be better here since it has a better base attack, more PP, and Arcanine could handle the recoil. It's TM 9 in R/B/Y so you could trade it there, teach it Take Down, then trade it back to Crystal.

Hope that helped you and congrats on the nice Arcanine.

thank you that should help me.

Ness
04-01-2007, 10:59 PM
I need help wit my Arcanine in Crystal. I think he's great but i think i need help making him perfect.

Level: 50

Bite
Extremespeed
Flamethrower
DragonBreath

is this great? if not wat can make him perfect?

Crunch is a better choice than Bite. Both are Dark-Type moves but Crunch does more damage and has a chance of lowering Sp. Def while Bite can make your opponent flinch. Unfortunately to get Crunch onto a Growlithe you need to breed it with a male Houndour that knows Crunch. So on this Arcanine this isn't an option... but Bite could really mess up your opponent if you manage to flinch his/her pokemon.

Instead of Extremespeed or Take Down, I'd chose Return. It is the highest damaging Normal-Type move that has no drawbacks at all.

Ashman
04-06-2007, 01:47 AM
Body Slam over takedown. Slightly less damage, no recoil, and a paralyze chance. Much better, imo.

I also am unsure about Dragon Breath. I don't have anything better, but I really don't like that move. It's probably just a thing I have against Dragon type moves ;)

Nice moveset. Either Return or Bodyslam, imo.

MagmarMan
04-06-2007, 02:07 AM
Ashman, this thread was already answered. Why post?

Ashman
04-06-2007, 02:15 AM
Confirmation of my existence?

Or because I really like posting?

Nah, I dunno. I was really bored and I hate moving on to the second page :P

Mr_Exiled
02-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Nice moveset! But take out BITE and Dragonbreath. Instead of bite,make it learn CRUNCH ( It is more powerful than bite). Then, change Dragonbreath to IRONTAIL if you have it. (Olivine's Gym Leader will give you that). Look at it :
1. Crunch - Flinching
2. Flamethrower - Burnt
3. Irontail - Takes down defence
4 Extremespeed - Great move

^^ That's my suggestion. In fact I have an ARCANINE(Lvl.98) with this moves. Indeed, I used to beat RED with it.

xcolbs
02-06-2009, 01:53 AM
Nice moveset! But take out BITE and Dragonbreath. Instead of bite,make it learn CRUNCH ( It is more powerful than bite). Then, change Dragonbreath to IRONTAIL if you have it. (Olivine's Gym Leader will give you that). Look at it :
1. Crunch - Flinching
2. Flamethrower - Burnt
3. Irontail - Takes down defence
4 Extremespeed - Great move

^^ That's my suggestion. In fact I have an ARCANINE(Lvl.98) with this moves. Indeed, I used to beat RED with it.

You do realize that you just revived a topic that's been dead for over a year, right? I'm not trying to be rude; just be sure to check the creation date of a thread before you respond to it.

atucker22
02-06-2009, 07:44 PM
That's perfect for a Crystal, Ruby, or Diamond Arcanine