PDA

View Full Version : Will you buy both games??

DaRKrai_10
03-30-2007, 11:48 PM
I thought about buying both diamond and pearl but then i realized its a waste because they are pretty much the same

Lord Voldemort
03-30-2007, 11:54 PM
I thought about buying both diamond and pearl but then i realized its a waste because they are pretty much the same

And now with WiFi, you can easily complete the dex, I'm sure there will be many D/P exclusives running around for trade.

Blue_Dragon_Mew
03-30-2007, 11:57 PM

My sis and I always make it so we have at least one of each version. I've pre-ordered both. Also the only version I don't have is FR. I've made a little habit of getting almost every GB/GBA/DS pokemon game(only missing two).

Neptune
03-31-2007, 12:01 AM
I'm getting both. I've always gotten both versions, so it would be weird not to have both. XD

Pikablu Pie
03-31-2007, 12:03 AM
I'm only getting Pearl(hence my siggy/avatar). Dialga just looks dumb to me.=/

catch em all
03-31-2007, 12:11 AM
First Im getting diamond(pre-ordered) then might buy pearl.

The Crimson Rose
03-31-2007, 12:28 AM
I don't know what I'm going to get yet. I know it's coming out soon, but I am leaning towards Pearl.

Caecity
03-31-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm getting Diamond err might get Pearl after awhile.

spartan117
03-31-2007, 12:33 AM
I'm getting Diamond err might get Pearl after awhile.
Im getting Diamond and maybe Pearl. It's like 99% to 1% that Im getting both of them. Im still not sure if I can get Diamond.

Professor Geoffrey
03-31-2007, 12:33 AM
I pre-ordered both. If I had to choose between the two, It'd be Diamond. I had to say that because:

1. I wanted to make the thread more Diamond fans than Pearl, or people who are neutral since they're buying/bought both
2. I like Dialga better
3. Diamond gets better Pokemon. Not that Pearl doesn't. XD

Caecity
03-31-2007, 12:41 AM
I pre-ordered both. If I had to choose between the two, It'd be Diamond. I had to say that because:

1. I wanted to make the thread more Diamond fans than Pearl, or people who are neutral since they're buying/bought both
2. I like Dialga better
3. Diamond gets better Pokemon. Not that Pearl doesn't. XD

I agree al the way and on #3!

Professor Geoffrey
03-31-2007, 12:52 AM
I agree al the way and on #3!

I know many things about D/P. Some thing I'm acctually surprised I know. And people don't. And I get in an hour-long conversation about everything. 24 days till it comes! After Spring Break here in VA, It will be one day less than two weeks!

Rpgraccoon
03-31-2007, 02:04 AM
My birthstone is a Diamond so I'm going for Diamond acctually. It feels a bit odd to me though. As I tend to go for the blues of the generations. I'm still considering getting both. I know I will get both at somepoint just not sure when.

Tory vs Meaty II
03-31-2007, 02:14 AM
I am not getting both. It will make it harder for me to train my Pokemon.

Nirvash
03-31-2007, 02:23 AM
I will get both eventually. Diamond for now, Pearl for the end of this year most likely. :D

Blaziken913
03-31-2007, 02:28 AM
i still don know which im getting but probably pearl

chivo
03-31-2007, 02:37 AM
well:cool: me i like diamond:cool: so i will get diamond english and i have pearl japanese:crackup: yah me

charmeleonblaze
03-31-2007, 02:40 AM
I'm preordering Diamond tomorrow, and as for Pearl, well, maybe near the end of this year.

Tory vs Meaty II
03-31-2007, 02:53 AM
I will pre-order Pearl on Sunday, hopefully.

Teni-chaan
03-31-2007, 03:05 AM

Well, its not really a "waste" as yoo say but I see your point. The only thing is that one game has certain pokemon that the other game doesn't and ect ect xD.
I got both games in Japanese but Im only getting ze Diamond version in English fer now. Why Diamond? Diamond=meh birfstoneee chaaaa. XD

risrilla
03-31-2007, 04:02 AM
I'm getting both...
I'm going to trade and battle myself 'cause I have to DS's! =D

Teni-chaan
03-31-2007, 04:15 AM
I'm getting both...

Lol same here! :D

AshMistyMayfan
03-31-2007, 08:16 AM

No, it's not a waste because if you want to fill the entire Pokedex, you got to buy both games. FOr me, I got to buy both games, another game unit, and the cable so I can trade back and forth for I live in an area with no other players. So yeah, I'll be trading a lot with myself.

Hikari Dawn is going to have great teams!

Zenaku
03-31-2007, 09:58 AM
Since I've played the Japanese version of Diamond, I may only get the English version of Pearl, despite some of my favourite Pokemon (Scizor, Tyranitar) being exclusive to Diamond.

It's rather unfortunate that some people don't have people to play with (Neither do I), but since Diamond and Pearl use Wi-Fi to trade, buying both versions just to complete the Pokedex isn't necessary. I suppose for people who can't trade via Wi-Fi, however, Game Freaks attempt at forcing people to trade (creating two versions with certain exclusives) will continue to damage the gaming experience for the small minority.

mew magician
03-31-2007, 10:02 AM
I'm going to buy Diamond and my cousin is going to buy Pearl

darkcharizard
03-31-2007, 11:21 AM
I m going to take both diamond in 22 april and pearl in july

spr bhav
03-31-2007, 11:27 AM
LOL!!! My dad just about pre ordered Pearl from USA, i don't think he'll ever get me diamond!

yami elle
03-31-2007, 06:15 PM
Well, I want to get Diamond so I could catch Murkrow and Honchkrow. But before I do that I should probably get a DS :tongue:

spartan117
04-01-2007, 09:32 AM
I m going to take both diamond in 22 april and pearl in july
There's really no piont of buying them at the same time! You cant play both at the same time so you wont kow which one to play. Anyways if you want the legends you can just trade with people.

Blue_Dragon_Mew
04-01-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm getting both...

I only have one, but I might get wifi, and my bro has 1, and my sis, 2... broke the first one:susp:

Starly
04-01-2007, 04:33 PM
I got both D/P since I pre-ordered them on friday but I guess I'll be playing Pearl more often

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-01-2007, 04:45 PM
I'll be playing Diamond more often, for Dialga, and because Diamond is my birthstone (Cheesy, I know).

With Pearl, I'll get each starter in the Nature I want (Adamant Turtwig, Adamant or Modest Chimchar, Modest Piplup), and trade over Pearl-exclusive Pokemon.

And I'll be trading over a Masterball from Pearl! :cool:

PIKA_GIRL
04-01-2007, 05:27 PM
I am not getting both. It will make it harder for me to train my Pokemon.

Yeah same reason. But, I have every pokemon game B/R/Y S/G/C Fr/Lg R/S/E I will eventually get pearl after I finish Diamond.

Venusaur456
04-01-2007, 06:40 PM
If you saw my topic called Diamond or Pearl I said I would get Diamond. So basically when Diamond and Pearl come out in stores I'm getting Diamond.

Espeon EX
04-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Well maybe, I'm getting diamond in aprill 22nd, I'm not sure about pearl, i mean, once the third game comes out. It'll seem useless since I have both D/P, so just diamond, then the third game that'll come out soon.

Darkrukario
04-01-2007, 07:44 PM
I'm getting both.

Razzmatazz
04-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Usually I do buy both so I can trade exclusives between them, but not with online trading I can complete the Pokedex with only one game. I'll probably end up getting the other later, once the price goes down and I want to play the game again without deleting my data from the version I have.

:rambo:

Steven
04-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Usually I try to get one that's either blue to some degree or the underdog game. When I mean underdog, I mean the one that's least bought so that I have leverage in trading most of the time. Most people seem to get Gold over Silver for example. Red over Blue because of Charizard, that kind of thing. I think Diamond is going to be the most bought one though, so I'm not sure if I'll get Diamond because it's blue or Pearl because it'll be the least bought game. Either way I'll get them both since my little brother and I are going to get them, we can still decide who gets which one when we get them home, but I'm leaning on Diamond.

Tory vs Meaty II
04-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Usually I try to get one that's either blue to some degree or the underdog game. When I mean underdog, I mean the one that's least bought so that I have leverage in trading most of the time. Most people seem to get Gold over Silver for example. Red over Blue because of Charizard, that kind of thing. I think Diamond is going to be the most bought one though, so I'm not sure if I'll get Diamond because it's blue or Pearl because it'll be the least bought game. Either way I'll get them both since my little brother and I are going to get them, we can still decide who gets which one when we get them home, but I'm leaning on Diamond.

I thought most people got Silver version.

Yggdrasill
04-01-2007, 08:14 PM
I won't buy them at the same time, there's really no point.
I'll buy any version, see if it's good, if it is then I'll buy the opposite version.

Marzo
04-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Well, I know I'm going to get Pearl when the games come out.
For my birthday I might go out and purchase Diamond, I'm not sure yet.

Phantom Kat
04-02-2007, 01:52 AM
I guess I'm cheesy too for choosing my birthstone 'cause that's also why I got Sapphire. XD

I'll probably be getting Diamond, 'cause I like blue. :tongue: My friend is getting both Diamond and Pearl anyway.

charmeleonblaze
04-02-2007, 01:55 AM
I preordered diamond and my brother pearl, so thered be no need for me to get pearl.

yuri-chan the shiznit
04-02-2007, 02:26 AM
I forgot which one I pre-ordered. It was a few months ago and I chose on a whim. But where do you get Wi-Fi and how much does it cost? *broke*

PIKA_GIRL
04-02-2007, 04:27 AM
I forgot which one I pre-ordered. It was a few months ago and I chose on a whim. But where do you get Wi-Fi and how much does it cost? *broke*

You cant remember?? As for your other question:http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34392

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-02-2007, 04:28 AM
I thought most people got Silver version.

I for one got Silver... Lugia is my favorite Pokemon, so... Tada!

Starly
04-03-2007, 12:11 AM
im pretty sure that ill definitly purchase both diamond and pearl games

spartan117
04-03-2007, 01:05 AM
Lol Lugia is cool but I would choose Crystal instead of Silver and/or Gold

Tory vs Meaty II
04-03-2007, 01:09 AM
I hate Crystal version becuase of it's exclusives, it has none of my best favorite Pokemon in it, like Yellow version. And the Battle Tower in Crystal cheats alot. The only good thing about it is that you can use the move "Thief," to steal other people's items from there forever. :)

spartan117
04-03-2007, 01:11 AM
I hate Crystal version becuase of it's exclusives, it has none of my best favorite Pokemon in it, like Yellow version. And the Battle Tower in Crystal cheats alot. The only good thing about it is that you can use the move "Thief," to steal other people's items from there forever. :)
Crystals Cool!!! Yellow is okay...I used to have it but it broke....I couldnt save---everytime I started playing I had to make a new game.

Tory vs Meaty II
04-03-2007, 01:14 AM
Crystals Cool!!! Yellow is okay...I used to have it but it broke....I couldnt save---everytime I started playing I had to make a new game.

The reason for the "erase file" occorupted, to happened is:

1) - The game catrige was too old.

2) - The game catrige dried out.

Empoleon
04-03-2007, 01:20 AM
No i wouldn't because it'll take the fun out of bothe games

Envoy of Chaos
04-03-2007, 01:21 AM
I pre-ordered Diamond (actually I just got the stylus today) and am planning on buying Pearl a month or so after they come out.

spartan117
04-03-2007, 01:24 AM
The reason for the "erase file" occorupted, to happened is:

1) - The game catrige was too old.

2) - The game catrige dried out.
Probably both because my friend gave it to me after he beat it a few times.

Tory vs Meaty II
04-03-2007, 01:43 AM
Probably both because my friend gave it to me after he beat it a few times.

So that means the third option (which is rare): Beating it.

Legendary Wolf
04-03-2007, 01:58 AM
Im getting both with that I can do everything quicker XD

dialggron
04-03-2007, 07:45 PM
im just buying diamond and ill "aquire" pearl some other way. or wait till the third one comes out

Groudon_fan
04-03-2007, 07:53 PM
'Curse I will. xP

MagmarMan
04-03-2007, 10:12 PM
My mom asked me if I wanted both games (I said yes) and she said "ok". Guess I will!:biggrin:

Big bang theology
04-04-2007, 12:57 AM
My mom asked me if I wanted both games (I said yes) and she said "ok". Guess I will!:biggrin:
like most other people, getting both

i was never the kind of person to chose between one of two thigns lol

Leman
04-04-2007, 01:25 AM
I'm only getting Pearl.

Ravenn
04-04-2007, 01:38 AM
I already have diamond and hold but I would like to buy pearl version in Japanese next January.

FLSHK
04-04-2007, 02:49 AM
I will buy both games because I need to be able to trade with myself.

Blue_Dragon_Mew
04-04-2007, 09:46 PM

I didn't choose which one I got. I got silver as a gift, while my bro and cousin got gold. I also didn't choose wether I got R/S either. I got sapphire for my 10th b-d(ironic isn't it) because my sis got ruby for her... 7th b-d... I think. I get some of my games as gifts... But not with D/P. With them I choose both, the day they come out!
P.S. Lugia is awsome.

Kayla
04-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Yah, I want both. I want all the Pokemon but don't have anyone else to trade with.

Soda
04-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Maybe I don't know, I might just stick with one I alreadyc an't decide which!

Shadow From The Deep
04-04-2007, 10:09 PM
I'll eventually buy both games but for now I'm just sticking with Diamond.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-04-2007, 10:11 PM
I didn't choose which one I got. I got silver as a gift, while my bro and cousin got gold. I also didn't choose wether I got R/S either. I got sapphire for my 10th b-d(ironic isn't it) because my sis got ruby for her... 7th b-d... I think. I get some of my games as gifts... But not with D/P. With them I choose both, the day they come out!
P.S. Lugia is awsome.

Lugia IS awesome, isn't it?

BTW your sig is cute, with the Pokemon and their I-POD's! :wink:

That's cool that you get to do it your way this time... I'm getting both too, and the strategy guide... Only I'm buying God Of War II on the same day because that series ROCKS!

NinjaDuelist
04-04-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm getting Diamond, but I'm also buying Pearl for my younger brother. A lot of my friends are also purchasing Diamond and Pearl.

Dragon trainner guy
04-04-2007, 10:40 PM
na only one do me fine thats wut tradeing is 4

NinjaDuelist
04-04-2007, 10:49 PM
Agreed. Besides, its more fun if I got Pearl for my brother so I have someone to compete against. ^_^

overdrivepink
04-05-2007, 01:35 AM
im buying both

catch em all
04-05-2007, 01:37 AM
I'm definently getting diamond might get pearl still not sure.

Blue_Dragon_Mew
04-05-2007, 03:52 AM
Lugia IS awesome, isn't it?

BTW your sig is cute, with the Pokemon and their I-POD's! :wink:

That's cool that you get to do it your way this time...

Yes, and thanks. The ones I didn't get as gifts are MD R&B, Ranger, D/P, pinball R/S, I think, ruby, yellow, and I think that's all. Not a lot. But I did want (and got) LG (as a gift). So it's not the first time I got it my way. I might also get the stratagy guide... perdy piccys...

Kohaku
04-05-2007, 09:00 PM
I always get both versions, but I usually buy one and wait a week or two before getting the second one.

mjb4991
04-07-2007, 07:42 PM
I am going to only order Diamond but I might get Pearl as a gift sometime.

mootixguy
04-08-2007, 10:47 AM
I will eventually get both, but I'm getting Diamond first. Not much point getting both at the same time since I'll be focussed on one game first.

pika2000
04-09-2007, 12:05 AM
I already have Diamond, but I might get the German Pearl so I can use Pal Park.
I'm not 100% sure yet though...

mootixguy
04-10-2007, 01:26 PM
I want both games, but it's pointless getting both at the same time.

My plan:
1. Preorder Diamond. So I get the Dialga stylus XD
2. Play Diamond for considerably long time.
3. Buy other games.
4. Get Pearl later.

I mean, they're both exactly the same game, so it'd be boring juggling two of the same.

charmeleonblaze
04-10-2007, 01:59 PM
I want both games, but it's pointless getting both at the same time.

My plan:
1. Preorder Diamond. So I get the Dialga stylus XD
2. Play Diamond for considerably long time.
3. Buy other games.
4. Get Pearl later.

I mean, they're both exactly the same game, so it'd be boring juggling two of the same.

Yeah, it's true, theyre basically the same, but its still worth buying both. Here are some reasons.
1.version exclusives
2.undeground
3.Palkia(which goes with exclusives)
4.trading
5.battling

Seda
04-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Yep.. I'm saving up my money now. :wink: