PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Phantasia

The Crimson Rose
03-31-2007, 12:17 AM
I don't know if any of you have ever played this game, but it is called Tales of Phantasia for GBA. It was originally for the SNES, but now, it has a remake. It is a good game and doesn't get boring. If you have played this game, share your opinions and even post your teams and I, the Phantasia Master, will help you.

Zenaku
03-31-2007, 10:09 AM
Personally, I loved the GBA Phantasia, yet I prefer the battle systems used in more recent Tales titles, such as Abyss, or the Destiny remake. Personally, I'm waiting to see the Tales of Phantasia PSX translation project come to fruition.

Yggdrasill
03-31-2007, 02:33 PM
Just asking; but have you played Tales of Symphonia?
If you haven't I really recommend you do, as it's the prequel to Tales of Phantasia. ;)
Anyway, I played ToP and loved it, the Tales series is one of my favourite RPG series after all.

The Crimson Rose
03-31-2007, 03:59 PM
I haven't played Symphonia yet, but I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Yggdrasill
03-31-2007, 04:18 PM
I haven't played Symphonia yet, but I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.
I was just giving you a heads up. :wink:
Let me tell you as well; Symphonia will be one of the best RPGs you will ever play, it's my second favourite RPG anyway, second only to FFIX.

The Crimson Rose
03-31-2007, 04:46 PM
Cool. Anyway, Here is my team so far:

Cress Lv.68
Title: Giglamesh
Skills: Lunge, Tiger Combo Blast, Beast, Hell Pyre
Weapon: Excalibur
Body: Golden Armor
Shld: Blue Shield
Head: Golden Helmet
Arm: Hyper Gauntlets
Acc 1: Fairy Ring
Acc 2: Warrior Symbol

Claus Lv. 64
Title: Master Summoner
Skills: Every Summon in the game
Weapon: N.G.
Body: Star Cloak
Shield: Shield Ring
Head: Pointed Cap
Arm: NONE
Acc1: Fairy Ring
Acc2: Mystic Symbol

Chester Lv. 61
Title: Shooter
Skills: Every Skill
Weapon: Elven Bow 2
Body: Rare Plate
Shld: Shield Ring
Head: Star Cap
Arm: Rare Gauntlets
Acc1: Jet Boots
Acc2: Black Onyx

Arche Lv.62
Title: Wizard
Skills: All except for last one
Weapon: Star Broom
Body: Star Cloak
Shld: Shield Ring
Head: Pretty Ribbon
Arm: Pretty Mittens
Acc1: Mystic Symbol
Acc2: Fairy Ring

Kenny_C.002
03-31-2007, 05:32 PM
Namco never actually explicitly said that Symphonia is the prequel to Phantasia though. People just assumed it is because of some rather peculiar parallels.

And yeah, I like the new movement system that was implemented in Abyss. Free range movement made the game much better. There is a problem that in say Tale of the World: Radiant Mythology, you have to use the stick for free range and d-pad for linear movement. That was a little hard to get used to. Still, they refined the ToS system and made it better, though I can't say the same with the weird sphere system that earns you the SP skills. I think the more limiting ToS system might have been better...

Yggdrasill
03-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Oh BTW Cress, until you've played Symphonia don't ever click the "My Bishie" link in my sig, that is; unless you want to ruin the game.
One look at the first sentence of that page will ruin the whole story. Just a heads up.....again.

The Crimson Rose
04-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Okay. I wasn't worried about it anyway, but how do you like my team?

Kenny_C.002
04-01-2007, 07:07 PM
I prefer Mint over Chester myself, since healing tends to be better during boss battles. Otherwise, the items and what not seems good enough. :3

Yggdrasill
04-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Okay. I wasn't worried about it anyway, but how do you like my team?
It looks good so far, what's the max-level in Phantasia again? I forget.
I haven't played Phantasia in ages so I can't really remember which is the best equipment, is that the best armour you can get at this time?

The only thing that annoys me about ToP is the awkward battle-system, sometimes characters can get stuck behind one another and sometimes I find Cress/Cless is the only one attacking, that's my only complaint about the game really. =P

The Crimson Rose
04-01-2007, 07:14 PM
The max level is 100 and also, I got all of Cress' Ultimate Gear. He's unstoppable.

Kenny_C.002
04-01-2007, 07:24 PM
It looks good so far, what's the max-level in Phantasia again? I forget.
I haven't played Phantasia in ages so I can't really remember which is the best equipment, is that the best armour you can get at this time?

The only thing that annoys me about ToP is the awkward battle-system, sometimes characters can get stuck behind one another and sometimes I find Cress/Cless is the only one attacking, that's my only complaint about the game really. =P
It's just like all the other Tales games though. Only 1 melee character to be "effective", everybody else should be ranged. This is least so in ToS though. I can't say the same for TotA.

Yggdrasill
04-01-2007, 07:35 PM
It's just like all the other Tales games though. Only 1 melee character to be "effective", everybody else should be ranged. This is least so in ToS though. I can't say the same for TotA.
Namco have said TotA will never see a Europe release unless someone like Ubisoft publish it over here, and that's not likely to happen. =(
I would import it but I don't have a Freeloader for the PS2, so looks like there's a high chance I'll never even play TotA. =/

Kenny_C.002
04-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Namco have said TotA will never see a Europe release unless someone like Ubisoft publish it over here, and that's not likely to happen. =(
I would import it but I don't have a Freeloader for the PS2, so looks like there's a high chance I'll never even play TotA. =/
Ouch. Well at least you can play around with the rest of the Tales series...I think.

Yggdrasill
04-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Ouch. Well at least you can play around with the rest of the Tales series...I think.
I don't think Tales of Destiny got released over here either, I'm not 100% sure but I heard it didn't.
In the end I probably will import TotA, IMO it looks like the best Tales game......unless it's story isn't very good. =P

The Crimson Rose
04-01-2007, 08:50 PM
The only games I've ever played is Phantasia and here's a hint. During the quest for Excalibur and all that in Lower Morlia/ Dwarven Cavern, be at least Lv. 65 or else, you'd better be able to run alot. The Bigfoots aren't too bad though.