PDA

View Full Version : Question for AR on DP

spr bhav
03-31-2007, 11:34 AM
Will any of you use a AR or Gameshark on your D/P or trade AR'ed pokemon and Gamesharked pokemon?

chivo
04-01-2007, 10:17 PM
yes yes and HELL YES:cool: :dazed: :crackup:

Nirvash
04-01-2007, 10:18 PM
No. No. No. It's not worth it. :P

spr bhav
04-01-2007, 10:20 PM
lol, i think my pearl might get messed up like me old leaf green did cus i couldnt trade or go into E4 XD

Razzmatazz
04-01-2007, 10:24 PM
If I ever Shark my games (which I've never done yet) I'll use it only to get the un-obtainable Pokemon. God Nintendo, why do you make Pokemon that can only be caught by going to your one day only event in one American city? Granted, I'm close to New York, but I don't want to have to go there and reveal I like Pokemon... what if someone sees me...

And that just made me even more afraid of trading on Wi-Fi... I might be getting some glitchified Sharked Pokemon from some noob...

:rambo:

spr bhav
04-01-2007, 10:27 PM
If I ever Shark my games (which I've never done yet) I'll use it only to get the un-obtainable Pokemon. God Nintendo, why do you make Pokemon that can only be caught by going to your one day only event in one American city? Granted, I'm close to New York, but I don't want to have to go there and reveal I like Pokemon... what if someone sees me...

And that just made me even more afraid of trading on Wi-Fi... I might be getting some glitchified Sharked Pokemon from some noob...

Yeah, thats the only down side, i wont use the wi fi for legends, for normal pokemon more likely. Cus the AR ed pokemon might glitch your game up! =/

Razzmatazz
04-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Yeah, thats the only down side, i wont use the wi fi for legends, for normal pokemon more likely. Cus the AR ed pokemon might glitch your game up! =/

I don't expect anyone to trade a Legend ove Wi-Fi, real or Sharked. Still, how can you tell if some jerk just went and sharked a Roselia or something to trade to some sucker and glitch his game? Ah gawd, I'll have to make sure I set up all my trades with PE2K members, who I can at least put some kind of trust in... except Chivo...

Yggdrasill
04-01-2007, 10:35 PM
No, I won't. I don't even own an AR for the DS. =P
I'll probably exploit the glitches in the game though, like the cloning glitch in Emerald. >D

spr bhav
04-01-2007, 10:36 PM
I don't expect anyone to trade a Legend ove Wi-Fi, real or Sharked. Still, how can you tell if some jerk just went and sharked a Roselia or something to trade to some sucker and glitch his game? Ah gawd, I'll have to make sure I set up all my trades with PE2K members, who I can at least put some kind of trust in... except Chivo...

Lol, true that, but YOU can send ARed pokemon to them XD!! People here you can trust, or get Mods to whip em ! lol

YGG: also, that cloning glitch i wanted to try but dont want to USE glitches on my game!

Razzmatazz
04-01-2007, 10:39 PM
No, I won't. I don't even own an AR for the DS. =P
I'll probably exploit the glitches in the game though, like the cloning glitch in Emerald. >D

I used to glitch like that, but in Gold version I learned my lesson. I had bred a little Bulbasaur, and trained him to about level 40, keeping him a Bulbasaur. I tried to clone him (mind you, I had cloned many Pokemon before and felt confident in doing it) to trade one to my friend for a T-Tar, and I screwed up. Didn't get a clone, and also lost the original Bulbasaur. Been too afriad to try glitching since...

Yggdrasill
04-01-2007, 10:43 PM
I used to glitch like that, but in Gold version I learned my lesson. I had bred a little Bulbasaur, and trained him to about level 40, keeping him a Bulbasaur. I tried to clone him (mind you, I had cloned many Pokemon before and felt confident in doing it) to trade one to my friend for a T-Tar, and I screwed up. Didn't get a clone, and also lost the original Bulbasaur. Been too afriad to try glitching since...

Ahh..... the joy of putting my saves on my computer. =D
I'll only ever use a glitch if I'm 100% sure it won't backfire and so far the cloning glitch has never backfired on me.

spr bhav
04-01-2007, 10:44 PM
Ahh..... the joy of putting my saves on my computer. =D
I'll only ever use a glitch if I'm 100% sure it won't backfire and so far the cloning glitch has never backfired for me.
Yeah, websites say it is completly safe but there is possiblities which lead to more possiblities...

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Everytime You Glitch Your Game, God Kills A Pichu.

Everytime You Cheat On Your Game, God Kills A Cleffa.

Think Of The Babies.

Razzmatazz
04-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Cleffa sucks, so cheat on.
Were you just making a joke, or are you really one of those people who thinks cheating/glitching ruins peoples gaming experience and therefore affects you somehow so you post on the interweb about it?[/runonsentence]

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Cleffa sucks, so cheat on.
Were you just making a joke, or are you really one of those people who thinks cheating/glitching ruins peoples gaming experience and therefore affects you somehow so you post on the interweb about it?[/runonsentence]

LOL, cheat on my friend, for I care not!

It's a joke, a take on the "Everytime you masturbate, God kills a kitten" joke.

I'm far too open-minded to think that you using AR affects me. :biggrin:

Pika-pika
04-02-2007, 12:37 AM
LOL, cheat on my friend, for I care not!

It's a joke, a take on the "Everytime you masturbate, God kills a kitten" joke.

I'm far too open-minded to think that you using AR affects me. :biggrin:
Unless you use wi-fi.

Anyway, no, I don't cheat or (ab)use glitches. It , I daresay, takes away from the experience. Besides, it feels all the more rewarding when you earn your level 100 Feraligatr not just clone it.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-02-2007, 12:41 AM
Unless you use wi-fi.

Anyway, no, I don't cheat or (ab)use glitches. It , I daresay, takes away from the experience. Besides, it feels all the more rewarding when you earn your level 100 Feraligatr not just clone it.

I fully agree with you there... It feels satisfying, and I won't battle/trade anyone on Wi-Fi who uses AR or Game Shark.

But I won't tell anyone not to cheat, because it's their own decision. :wink:

Rpgraccoon
04-03-2007, 03:34 AM
I fully agree with you there... It feels satisfying, and I won't battle/trade anyone on Wi-Fi who uses AR or Game Shark.

But I won't tell anyone not to cheat, because it's their own decision. :wink:

However, how will anyone know if it was sharked or not? Trading to the web will be quite dangerous.

I won't cheat except to get event pokemon dang nintendo. I may abuse glitches or may not depending on how I feel about them.

FLSHK
04-03-2007, 03:41 AM
I Wiil Use Ar Because I Don't Like To Trade For Pokemon That Can't Breed (to Get More Of The Same Pokemon Or Pre-evolution). I Won't Use A Gameshark!

Leman
04-03-2007, 03:43 AM
No.

<Instert Three Words Here>

AshMistyMayfan
04-03-2007, 08:46 AM
Will any of you use a AR or Gameshark on your D/P or trade AR'ed pokemon and Gamesharked pokemon?

:redface:
Probably. I mean, face it. Don't you want to say try out the RBY, GSC, and the RSE Pokemon? I mean, picture this, Torchic and Piplup the tag team! Should one have to play the entire game just to get it and have the Torchic miss out in gym battling? Or what about Squirtle? Mudkip? Treecko? Face it, one has to experiment, and have the original Pokemon. I dont' see it as trying to put the game at a disadvantage, but I'm trying to make it better and more fun. The Sinnoh Pokemon will be fun, no doubt, but there's always a yearn and a 'what if? WHat if you could get the Pokemon of your dreams in that region, journey with them, and set them up in different pairing and teams? What if you can't afford another DS unit, or know how to trade with their 'feature' or whatever you have to get for trading?

Also, what about TMs? You can't just have one TM. What about Lucky Egg? Lucky Egg has really helped JACK up my Pokemon FAST. PP Max also helped in PP moves. Extra vitamins also helped pack up my Pokemon's stats. Believe me when I do get the Pokemon by :redface: , I get the originals, and I work them hard. I jack them all the way up so they learn the extreme moves and then I'll evolve them.

Chances are, it will be cracked by the AR users. After all, well, I did use a very few in Dungeon, but I strictly use it for Gummi purposes. I don't go anywhere else in the AR codes for Dungeon.

I know it's debatable on this, but tell me this:

Is it better to have just one TM and you have 20 Pokemon that you like really well, but can only use it on one?

Is it better to have one Master Ball, when several can help ONLY in extreme emergencies? Suppose you run out of PP against the legendary? Or faint? Run out of Pokeballs? Do you want to have another 50 PP battle and get frustrated?

Do you feel your POkemon level too slow and don't want to take on opp. over and over? Strap on a Lucky Egg and the EXP is faster.

LIke the power in Hydro Canon or Hydro Pump, but you only get 5? Don't you want 8? PP Max, and having plenty of it.

Saremu
04-03-2007, 05:42 PM
All that is great and everything, but don't you want to play the game without cheats the first time? If somebody trades me an AS or GS'd pokemon I will be thouroughly pissed off. The only game I used glitches for was my Blue version, and now the pokemon level up, but they don't learn any new moves. My friend cloned my Steelix in my Gold version and now it won't save.

I have captured every legendary, except Deoxys without resorting to a masterball. Hell I caught Mewtwo with a normal pokeball before. There should really be some sort of safety net in the games to prevent cheated pokemon from being used on Wi-fi. I won't have enough good pokemon to trade for all of the pokemon I need, but I won't cheat to do it. If someone isn't too lazy to hatch a totodile egg for me and trade me the baby I would be surprised. All people do after beating the Elite4 is breed and EV train.

Edit: So no I will not be cheating, and I hope people I interact with won't either.

Pochamalover92
04-03-2007, 05:44 PM
i use action replay...gameshark freezes more often. plus ar is more relyable.

Chris9898
04-03-2007, 08:19 PM
AR very rarely wrecks save files... unless you are stupid and put in random values.

Phantom Kat
04-04-2007, 12:44 AM
I've never used/owned a Gameshark or AR (didn't know there was such a thing before I got involved in forums :oops: ) so I don't plan on doing that when I get Diamond. Although, abusing glitches that won't backfire on you is something I would do.

The only glitch I've ever used was on my Pokemon Yellow to get Mew so I'm fairly a straight gameplayer anyways.

spartan117
04-04-2007, 04:49 AM
i use action replay...gameshark freezes more often. plus ar is more relyable.
Ya AR is way better evn though I have never used a Gameshark in my life. I have AR Duo but I cant use codes for the DS games....I can only save files and then restore them back.

spr bhav
04-04-2007, 10:30 AM
Ya AR is way better evn though I have never used a Gameshark in my life. I have AR Duo but I cant use codes for the DS games....I can only save files and then restore them back.
yeah same here, i Got MAX and it does the same.

Yggdrasill
04-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Gameshark and Action-Replay are as good as each other.
The cheat device isn't what causes the game to freeze/crash; it's the codes you enter, if the codes are invalid then they occasionally cause the game to freeze in place.
I used Gameshark ages ago on my games instead of AR and found they both freeze just as much as each other.