PDA

View Full Version : Cubone of Psyduck?

Ketchup
03-31-2007, 03:02 PM
I feel like restarting my Mystery Dungeon.

Before, I began as Pokemon such as Mudkip and Totodile, but now I want a different Pokemon. Which means, the question is, which Pokemon should I choose Cubone or Psyduck?

Rate based on the Sprite itself, the Pokemon's abilities, etc.

Also, what would be a decent Team name?

The Harris
04-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Cubone as he will be great in zapdos and raikou also partner charmander ;)

Team Skull
Team Bones
Team Immunity (because immune to electric attacks)
Team Power

sorry i cant think of any others

Ness
04-01-2007, 07:29 PM
Most would agree Cubone is superior to Psyduck on most levels. Cubone is generally considered better looking; especially their evolved forms (Golduck looks pretty horrible in this game). However this would all depend on your taste as well.

Cubone has a better movepool (Bone-Rush and Bonemerang are considered VERY good moves). Psyduck's movepool is really lacking in comparison. It's lack of water moves like Water Gun or Bubble really hurt it early and late game.

Cubone's ground moves do get walled by enemies that are Flying type (50% damage) and enemies with Levitate (ZERO damage).

Overall if you are looking for effectiveness then I'd chose Cubone. Actually I just started over yesterday and I chose Psyduck as my starter just because he is my favorite pokemon. If I wanted to chose a starter based on effectiveness, then I would have chosen either Cubone or Charmander (Charmander was my starter last game)... but Charmander is in my eyes better almost solely based on its move Heat Wave.

But chose what feels right to you and that will probably give you the most enjoyment. If what you enjoy is power, then I'd go with Cubone.

yuri-chan the shiznit
04-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Ha, I'm Team Horny. Fighting for all that is good and randy. And I had Cubone before, it's cute, I like the base, and it's pretty strong. But I still love the way Bulbasaur looks.