PDA

View Full Version : Is Sinnoh the best region so far?

Empoleon
04-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Kanto will always be my favourite region:happy:

Yggdrasill
04-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Johto will always be my favourite region and it's not likely Sinnoh will change that.

spr bhav
04-01-2007, 12:18 PM
my fav region is Jhoto as it is just plain cool to explore, the layout is great

Venusaur456
04-01-2007, 12:51 PM
The Johto and Kanto region are my favorites. The Sinnoh sounds cool, though.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Kanto is classic, Johto was nigh perfect, Hoenn was very Surf-y...

I think Sinnoh will be the best. From what I hear, the routes are so open and long, but full of detail, that it will be like you're truly adventuring. And why not have bigger routes to explore? If you need quick travel, the Bike and Fly are still here!

So yah, I think D/P and the land of Sinnoh will capture that feeling that only G/S/C did for me, and... DAMNIT THERE'S STILL 21 DAYS TO WAIT! :crackup:

Steven
04-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Since I don't actually have the game, I'm going to have to say Kanto is the best region so far. Hoenn wasn't anything spectacular. When I say Kanto, I don't mean the blue and red version, or even the fire red and leaf green versions either, I mean the version that you access after you beat Johto in GSC. Instead of the game just being over after beating the elite four, you could actually go through kanto in the future and see how it had changed, which was really cool.

Professor Geoffrey
04-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Probably going to be second best to me. Nothing can best Jhoto.

Venusaur456
04-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Basically Johto is the best. And I haven't even got that far because every time I save and turn it off and I turn the video game back on, it doesn't remember I saved anything. Oh, well.

Yggdrasill
04-01-2007, 07:16 PM
I think Kanto was good as well but it seemed really dull to me for some reason.
I absolutely hated Hoenn, there was way too much surfing to be done. I just hope Sinnoh doesn't have the defects the past regions all had.

Epershand
04-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Let's see...

Kanto

It's where the adventure began, but it was dreadfully boring. Even when I went back in G/S I was like; wow, Kanto's so dull. Mt. Moon ticks me off.

Johto

Better; the gyms were neat and there was more to explore. There were more forests and waterways. Everything was just better than Kanto. I wish they'd make a DS version of Johto.

Hoenn

I love traveling by water. Everything was pretty and the routes were far less linear; the whole country was a lot more open-ended. Pokémon contests were a great attribute for the area.

Orre

Orre was actually pretty cool; a huge desert with very few places to go, and even then, the city maps were limited. I'd still like to see it go to handheld, though.

Fiore

Fiore has major potential for a main-stake Pokémon RPG, although it does do well for Ranger as well.

Sinnoh

Sinnoh looks like it has a lot of places to travel; I can't wait. One of the best parts of the game is the exploration of the colourful areas; it'll be great.

Gamekrazy
04-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Basically Johto is the best. And I haven't even got that far because every time I save and turn it off and I turn the video game back on, it doesn't remember I saved anything. Oh, well.

Same thing happens to my crystal version, It sucks. Im not positive what my fav region is actually. Kanto is where it all started, though I agree its extremely boring. Jhoto was nice, and the gyms rocked, but I felt like it was missing something. Hoenn had lots of interesting things to do (secret bases, contests, ect) but it wasn’t as much of a challenge as the past two were. If I had to pick, id say the XD version of Orre, but I can't wait for Sinnoh, It sounds cool so far.

deon99
04-01-2007, 07:55 PM
nah kanto is the best region but sinnoh looks interesting

Saremu
04-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Kanto was/is definately boring. I actually put my game down these days getting to the Sevii Islands, which are a nuisance to me. Most of my favorite pokemon are from kanto, but not enough good ones are in the beginning of the game.

Johto is my favorite. Feraligatr is my favorite water starter, It had the most simple breeding center near the beginning of the game with Ditto on it's doorstep. I liked the region-region travel in GSC. They should bring that back in the next handheld or in a MMORPG.

Hoenn was beautiful and I love Sceptile, Swampert and Blaziken. I liked the variety of environments, and it introduced the aspect of a second rival.

I belive Sinnoh will be fun to explore. I'm excited about the snowy area. I don't like the cheat-proof safari-zone though.

dialggron
04-01-2007, 08:59 PM
i always liked exploring the regions, i liked hoenn the best cause it was pretty open and exploreing it was fun. i think since Sinnoh is bigger it will be funnest to explore out of all of the regions and the different climates are a plus for that

Nirvash
04-01-2007, 09:24 PM
I haven't had a chance to explore Sinnoh.

But out of the ones I've played, I'd have to say Johto. :P

The Jr Trainer
04-01-2007, 09:26 PM
isnt sinnoh made off a part of japan
and kanto then johto then hohen or watev

Razzmatazz
04-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Johto was the best - especially during the Morning. Whenever I think of Johto, the first thing I think of is walking to that Miltank farm and grabbing the Apricot that grew nearby, where ever it was on the map.

And yea, the early Daycare was wonderful. I could trade in a pumped up Pokemon like Dragonite or Tyranitar that would never obey me at that point in the game, and just breed it into a Pokemon originally owned by me. Good times... Plus, Johto had a nice Japanese feel, while Hoenn just felt like an ocena side harbor (aka, bleh) and Kanto was too poorly pixelated to feel like anything.

I hear Sinnoh has new terrain though, like a snowy mountain and a swamp. If the swamp is cool, that's all it will take for me to love that region more than anything.

:rambo:

Caecity
04-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Nothing ever going to beat Jhoto I lvoe that place. And that game it the wondfulest plavce ever. Now that Sinnoh coming it might be the second best but Jhoto first always.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Johto was the best - especially during the Morning. Whenever I think of Johto, the first thing I think of is walking to that Miltank farm and grabbing the Apricot that grew nearby, where ever it was on the map.

And yea, the early Daycare was wonderful. I could trade in a pumped up Pokemon like Dragonite or Tyranitar that would never obey me at that point in the game, and just breed it into a Pokemon originally owned by me. Good times... Plus, Johto had a nice Japanese feel, while Hoenn just felt like an ocena side harbor (aka, bleh) and Kanto was too poorly pixelated to feel like anything.

I hear Sinnoh has new terrain though, like a snowy mountain and a swamp. If the swamp is cool, that's all it will take for me to love that region more than anything.

I agree, Morning in G/S/C was awesome, and Afternoon and Night gave the game a feel that R/S/E just can't emit.

BTW, what's with the rambo smiley on all your posts? :confused:

Razzmatazz
04-01-2007, 10:53 PM
I agree, Morning in G/S/C was awesome, and Afternoon and Night gave the game a feel that R/S/E just can't emit.

BTW, what's with the rambo smiley on all your posts? :confused:

It's a signature I've been using since around my 200th post, because in the MGS series, my namesake wears a bandanna.
On topic: I hope they actually use the time system for catching Pokemon, and don't just make it so Hoothoot only appears at night.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-01-2007, 11:19 PM
It's a signature I've been using since around my 200th post, because in the MGS series, my namesake wears a bandanna.
On topic: I hope they actually use the time system for catching Pokemon, and don't just make it so Hoothoot only appears at night.

As in certain Pokemon are easier/harder to catch depending on time, rather than just their appearance?

And yah, it makes sense now... I'm a huge Metal Gear fan (Still have to beat Snake Eater though).

Mythical CrystalPheonix
04-02-2007, 12:55 PM
My favorites were hoenn and sinnoh.

Rpgraccoon
04-02-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm still in love with Kanto. However, Sinnoh looks to be shaping up nice.

Neptune
04-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Johto's currently my favorite, but since I haven't played DP yet, I might grow to like Sinnoh (especially because they brought the day/night cycle back).

Shiyo is my absolute favorite region, but then I made that up for a story. XD

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Johto's currently my favorite, but since I haven't played DP yet, I might grow to like Sinnoh (especially because they brought the day/night cycle back).

Shiyo is my absolute favorite region, but then I made that up for a story. XD

Well I guess if I made up a region, it'd be my favorite too! :wink:

But I think Sinnoh will best Johto, even just slightly.

And we need those rumoured G/S/C remakes to get confirmed already!

Hakken
04-02-2007, 08:57 PM
I anticipate it will be, it just sounds flipping awesome.

Yggdrasill
04-02-2007, 09:01 PM
And we need those rumoured G/S/C remakes to get confirmed already!
You could always you know; play one of the fan remade G/S/C games.
Some of the ones I've played using Rm2k3 were really good, nearly exactly the same as the actual thing. =)

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-02-2007, 09:05 PM
You could always you know; play one of the fan remade G/S/C games.
Some of the ones I've played using Rm2k3 were really good, nearly exactly the same as the actual thing. =)

You mean fan-made, but with GBA graphics? Sounds fishy... :susp:

I play Crystal occasionally, but I want a remake with the Running Shoes and the VS Seeker and all that cool stuff... And LUGIA! :cool:

Legendary Wolf
04-02-2007, 09:18 PM
Lets see Sinnoh isnt the BEST I liked Kanto better :]

MagmarMan
04-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Ya, Kanto was origional so I will always love that. Other than that I really like Johto and Hoenn wasn't all that good to me.

Kayla
04-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Sinnoh is cool and has some great Pokemon, but Kanto is my favourite by far.

Teni-chaan
04-03-2007, 01:06 AM
Kanto will always be my favourite region:happy:

My favorite region actually is Johto so far. But thats only because I don't know how Sinnoh is completely. :0

Dreemira
04-03-2007, 01:13 AM
Johto was the best so far. I'm liking the sound of Sinnoh though, especially the three lakes.

FLSHK
04-03-2007, 02:27 AM
I would have to say the Sevii Islands are better because of being able to catch Pokemon originally in GSC (and Deoxys).

Groudon_fan
04-03-2007, 04:09 AM
I Say Jhoto, as it is:

Next to kanto, yay!
Day/Night!

√GF√

htm14
04-03-2007, 02:34 PM
I love Kanto and Johto. Nobody can change my mind about that. No one. Those two are perfectly original (maybe it's not, but it's WAY better than Hoenn and maybe Sinnoh).

The Harris
04-03-2007, 05:03 PM
i love kanto best as its the original first idea by the pokemon series

Dragon trainner guy
04-03-2007, 05:23 PM
kanto is kool but its too limited i gotz madd luv 4 kanto but sinnoh i think im gonna like more there is more to do

The Harris
04-03-2007, 05:38 PM
kanto is kool but its too limited i gotz madd luv 4 kanto but sinnoh i think im gonna like more there is more to do

yeah but kanto is the first pokemon area desighn

its a clasic

Zodeon
04-03-2007, 05:41 PM
My Fav is Definatly Johto.

link55588
04-03-2007, 05:56 PM
i dunno i think im going to like shinnoh the best

mjb4991
04-07-2007, 06:48 PM
I like Kanto the best, but I heard that Shinnoh has way less water than Ruby and Sapphire.

Fire Pkmn Master
04-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Kanto was the best and always will be the best. It was the first region with all the cool pokemon. But I think Sinnoh will be another great one. Just by looking at it. this place looks a lot bigger than some regions. It sometimes seems smaller but then the game itself looks longer than any other game.

spr bhav
04-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Kanto was the best and always will be the best. It was the first region with all the cool pokemon. But I think Sinnoh will be another great one. Just by looking at it. this place looks a lot bigger than some regions. It sometimes seems smaller but then the game itself looks longer than any other game.
Yeah go on Seribii, under the sections of diamond and pearl, each section has LOADS! Sinnoh have alot of places, unlockables and more journeys for legends etc.

Tooth the Totodile
04-07-2007, 07:16 PM
I have to say Johto.

Johto has my favorite teams and it at leasts beats Hoenn.But I heard Sinnoh has almost all the pokemon you can get.With a few trading,you can get every pokemon in the games!So Sinnoh may pwn all but until then Johto owns the title.

NinjaDuelist
04-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Kanto and Johto remains as my favorites. Who doesn't love a good classic? However, I did enjoy Hoenn and I'm sure Sinnoh will give me the thrill that all of the Pokemon games before it gave me. ^_^

Alienshroom
04-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Johto's my favorite though I like how the towns in Sinnoh show holy figures of Palkia (Pearl) or Dailga (Diamond) It really shows there power.

Pearl
04-07-2007, 07:58 PM
I like the oldies, so Jhoto is my favorite

Chris9898
04-08-2007, 02:17 AM
Since I don't actually have the game, I'm going to have to say Kanto is the best region so far. Hoenn wasn't anything spectacular. When I say Kanto, I don't mean the blue and red version, or even the fire red and leaf green versions either, I mean the version that you access after you beat Johto in GSC. Instead of the game just being over after beating the elite four, you could actually go through kanto in the future and see how it had changed, which was really cool.

Haha. I remember going to Kanto in Gold and noticing that guy in Vermillion still was getting machop to stop the ground flat so he could build.

mootixguy
04-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Think Sinnoh will be the best. Lots of snow and mountains! Whee! Plus, the graphics will make it better.