PDA

View Full Version : Fearow Moveset

Venusaur456
04-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Okay my lv 43 Fearow I just caught is good but I'm not sure it's perfect. So it needs new moves. Here's its moves:

Fearow

Fury Attack
Mirror Move
Drill Peck
Agility

Maybe I'll replace Fury Attack with something else... but it's you who gets to pick. Yep, I'm not a Fearow expert.

Ness
04-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Is this for RBY or GSC?

Spinner
04-01-2007, 08:24 PM
I think that Fury attack is the only problem with this moveset. You could use Tri attack instead, but you would have to breed with a Doduo/ Dodrio to get it. If you don't want to do that, you could always get it's happiness up and teach it Return. Or you could also use Hidden power, if it has good enough base damage, and is a good type or something...:razz:

Venusaur456
04-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Is this for RBY or GSC?
It's for Blue.

Ness
04-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Ok my suggestion would be:

-Drill Peck
-Tri Attack
-Double Team
-Rest

Double Team a couple times then Rest off damage taken during setup. Then attack away with either STABed move. Cheap tactic but can be VERY effective. Pretty killer if you ask me.

Venusaur456
04-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Okay here's what I'm going to make my Fearow's moves be:

Tri Attack (instead of Fury Attack)
Rest (instead of Mirror Move)
Drill Peck
Agility.

Ness
04-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Agility might be useful if you can predict a switch. In my opinion, Fearow doesn't really need agility since its base Speed is 100 which means it can already outrun most things. Swords Dance would be much more useful on such a pokemon but that's not an option unfortunately.

The problem with Rest on a pokemon designed for sweeping (90 base Attack / 100 base Speed) is that it won't survive the duration of Rest with its mediocre defences. This is why I suggested Double Team. However if you are planning on only using this pokemon for the story and not competitively then you can always take your pokemon out right after using Rest and play the pokeflute. If you are planning on playing with your friends and want to win, find some way to protect your Fearow during Rest.

The Jr Trainer
04-01-2007, 10:50 PM
a frerow cant learn tri atk you would have to breed in g/s/c then hatch it then trade it then train it very confusing

Finchy
04-01-2007, 10:56 PM
a frerow cant learn tri atk you would have to breed in g/s/c then hatch it then trade it then train it very confusing

But also very effective, and that's what alot of people do. In most cases, you're gonna need to breed pokémon if you want good movesets.

Ness
04-01-2007, 11:05 PM

Bleh... yea you are right... and this might mean that Tri Attack might not be an option. I was thinking it could just learn it from TM 49. It doesn't really make sense that it can be bred the move but not taught the same one through a TM.

Well if you don't have GSC then I would suggest Take Down. It is slightly more damaging than Tri Attack (85 power compared to 80 if I remember correctly :oops: ) but you have to deal with recoil.

Ashman
04-06-2007, 01:43 AM
Ok my suggestion would be:

-Drill Peck
-Tri Attack
-Double Team
-Rest

Double Team a couple times then Rest off damage taken during setup. Then attack away with either STABed move. Cheap tactic but can be VERY effective. Pretty killer if you ask me.

I didn't know Normal got a STAB bonus.

Also, I don't really like Rest on a Fearow. It's great on something that takes damage, but unless you switch, they're going to pull that electric move out, and your fearow'll REALLY be taking a nap.

Now, I haven't played RBY in a while, but I recall that if your hyperbeam attack faints the defending pokemon, you don't end up waiting a turn for recharge. If that is the case (and only if that is the case), use your TM 15 to teach it hyperbeam.