PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart DD

!CeMAn
04-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Can anybody get a perfect score in the All Cup Tour- Mirror?
I've been trying forever it seems and i can't get better than 152 points.

Neo Emolga
04-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Can anybody get a perfect score in the All Cup Tour- Mirror?
I've been trying forever it seems and i can't get better than 152 points.

Haven't really tried, but that is a decent challenge. I usually do it with Yoshi and Wario, using Yoshi for front offensive attacking with the eggs and Wario for rear assaults with the bombs. Birdo and Waluigi are essentially the same, I just use Wario and Yoshi out of preference. And you get the top speed of the heavy type car, which works well provided you are good at avoiding assaults.

My real problem area is Baby Park, because that place becomes a total war zone and you're bound to get struck with something no matter how good you are. Ranks change so quickly, and its very easy to go from 1st to 6th after a single strike.

I haven't played that game in a while though. Still fun though, but I might be a bit out of practice.

!CeMAn
04-02-2007, 06:32 PM
I hate Baby Park for that exact reason.
Just this afternoon, i got knocked out of 1st at the LAST SECOND. The finishing times were Wario/ Diddy: xx/xx/749, Mine: xx/xx/756.

Ridiculous.

Neo Emolga
04-02-2007, 06:43 PM
I hate Baby Park for that exact reason.
Just this afternoon, i got knocked out of 1st at the LAST SECOND. The finishing times were Wario/ Diddy: xx/xx/749, Mine: xx/xx/756.

Ridiculous.

It's happened to the best of us.

Who do you usually use?

!CeMAn
04-02-2007, 07:44 PM
It's happened to the best of us.

Who do you usually use?
Both Koopas in the Blue Toad kart.
Acceleration > Top Speed any day.

Neo Emolga
04-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Both Koopas in the Blue Toad kart.
Acceleration > Top Speed any day.

If you get hit a lot and find yourself coming to complete stops, yes. However, if you can avoid a lot of the hazards and maintain the top speed, you can go much further. Not to mention your car doesn't get thrown around by heavier cars. Nothing worse than being in a small car and being flung like twenty feet off the road with Bowser's tank-like car. That's a real killer on Rainbow Road.

Whatever works for you though, I suppose any setting can be good if you know what you're doing and have practice. Too bad we can't challenge each other. :P

!CeMAn
04-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Whatever works for you though, I suppose any setting can be good if you know what you're doing and have practice. Too bad we can't challenge each other. :P
That's what WiFi is for.
Makes me want.

The heavier cars are just a pain in the neck. Like you said, even the best of us can get nailed by attacks, or take a turn to sharp and end up dead in the middle of the wall. Having that acceleration is what puts you right back in the race. Besides, when i race, i'm shooting shells EVERYWHERE so i do most of the offense anyways. Even Bowser's tank get's flipped over when a shell shoots up his butt.

It's pure bad luck every time i don't come in 1st. I always get ganged up on in the last lap. Anytime you're in 1st place, you have a big bullseye on your car and that gets me every time.

Sharku
04-03-2007, 03:10 AM
Oh God, I straight up own at this game. My car combo is the DK Train with Diddy and Baby Bowser. I straight up kicked the ghost car ass on Baby Park.

Me and my brothers play this so much that we even have a BK crown so whoever wins can wear it. Though I do prefer MK64 over DD.

!CeMAn
04-03-2007, 03:17 AM
What's good about DK/ Diddy?
I hate their weapon, it's so useless. The Barrel Train doesn't corner very well either.

Sharku
04-03-2007, 03:20 AM
What's good about DK/ Diddy?
I hate their weapon, it's so useless. The Barrel Train doesn't corner very well either.
Well when you're always in the lead you get their main specials. diddy's big banana takes three red turtles for the banana to break. While as the giant shell when thrown backwards hits so many people and lasts a long time, and being hit by the shell is the equivalent of being hit by a star.

!CeMAn
04-03-2007, 03:24 AM
Well when you're always in the lead you get their main specials. diddy's big banana takes three red turtles for the banana to break. While as the giant shell when thrown backwards hits so many people and lasts a long time, and being hit by the shell is the equivalent of being hit by a star.
I hate the big banana.
That's what i think is useless. I'm all about the projectiles.

Pink Leon
04-07-2007, 08:11 AM
i have a link to one of my races if anybody cares!
http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s164/starwolfodonnell/?action=view&current=PLUS0232.flv
:razz:

!CeMAn
04-07-2007, 10:11 PM
i have a link to one of my races if anybody cares!
http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s164/starwolfodonnell/?action=view&current=PLUS0232.flv
:razz:
Rainbow Road...
SO MANY times i've had 2 wheels hanging off the edge of the track for more than a few seconds :crackup:.

Just want to post what i consider "The Closest Race EVER". I did win BtW.
1: 59: 316 ~ Me
1: 59: 511 ~ 2nd
2: 00: 711 ~ 3rd
2: 00: 817 ~ 4th

This one goes with my earlier post from Baby Park.
Stupid Wario...
3: 15: 047 ~ 1st
3: 15: 056 ~ Me

Yes, i write down finishing times to amazingly close races.
Both of them literally had multiple racers side- by- side at the finish line.

wad11656
05-12-2007, 02:19 AM
. . .
Just want to post what i consider "The Closest Race EVER". I did win BtW.
1: 59: 316 ~ Me
1: 59: 511 ~ 2nd
2: 00: 711 ~ 3rd
2: 00: 817 ~ 4th

This one goes with my earlier post from Baby Park.
Stupid Wario...
3: 15: 047 ~ 1st
3: 15: 056 ~ Me

Yes, i write down finishing times to amazingly close races.
Both of them literally had multiple racers side- by- side at the finish line.

I've actually won by .002 or .001 seconds...don't remember what it was. It was so close, I thought I had barely lost when the race finished! It was super crazy, though:biggrin:

(Too bad !ceMan is gone now, though...*sniffle*...)