PDA

View Full Version : Quizzer Wanted!

Jack of Clovers
04-03-2007, 05:26 AM
Calling all URPG members!

We are looking for people to help with creating quizzes for the URPG. Any help is appreciated. This is also a great opportunity to help the community.

Here are some basic ideas:

- Quizzes earn you money, the more answers you get correct.
- Quizzes should be about Pokemon (games, anime, TCG, etc.) and/or URPG Rules or history.
- Should have at least 10 questions in a quiz.
- We don't want more than 1 quiz going on at a time. Maybe a monthly change?
- Feel free to create your own ideas.

So, you can apply for a job, ask questions, whatever you want here. We only need 1 or two people to collaborate on quizzes. And yes, experienced URPGers have priority over new members. But don't let that stop ya from posting here. :wink:

Quizzer Responsibilities:

- You will create all the questions. That's the easy part.
- You post the quiz. It should be posted in an easy to read, and easy to understand format.
- Money will vary on difficulty of the question, and amount of overall questions.
- People will PM you the answers to the quiz, so you will need space in your PM box.
- You are responsible for handing out money for correct answers. Any discrepancies about the quiz will be handled by you.
- Keep track of who has taken the quiz and how much they 'won'.
- You need to be active as long as the quiz is running.

~Jack~

mew magician
04-03-2007, 06:15 AM
I'm good at making and answering all sorts of quizes. Maby I can help. BTW, I already thought of more than 6 questions for the quiz.

Nikki the Mew
04-03-2007, 06:34 AM
I'd like to do this! ^^ I'm not very experienced at URPG, however, I am practically a living encyclopedia on Pokemon!

Please gimme the job? Please please please? XD *begs*

Btw, does it pay anything?

Edit: Also, I have a couple of suggestions for pay, if it does/doesn't.

$500 for each question, each month, but with a maximum of 20 questions to prevent abuse.

Ex. Quizzer A posts the thread for June. A uses 15 questions. A thus gets $7,500.

Basically, this is a max of $10,000, for 20 questions in 1 month. Because it's hard to manage it, and hard to come up with the questions.

Gaia
04-03-2007, 06:40 AM
I'll apply.

Jack, I know "almost" everything regarding the URPG. =P

May, don't you dare quote me. :)

umbreonandespeon
04-03-2007, 10:07 AM
i'm good,i'm a pokemon dictionary and encyclopedia,i know almost anything about pokemon!!!

Fossil Fusion
04-03-2007, 10:15 AM
I'm good at Pokemon so i could help out. :P

Rohypnol
04-03-2007, 10:39 AM
I guess I could help with the game part. :O

Loyal Arcanine
04-03-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm up for doing this, as long as I can stick to Pokemon Games and URPG stuff.

Leman
04-03-2007, 02:57 PM
I can make some quizzes. I think I already have some good questions.

SiberianTiger
04-03-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm willing to help out.

~Isaiah

DarkGardevoir
04-03-2007, 05:36 PM
I may fit those requirements but, meh, I think i'll pass. There are plenty prepared people here that may be left out since so many neo-vets(or neo-pets, but whatever) already applied. I think there should be a kind of contest, or trial, to choose the best.

Or just go with the "Random Chose"(TM) or "I Like You More"(TM)

Lord Celebi
04-03-2007, 11:36 PM
I am t3h applying.

My credentials? I'm an experienced (lol :P) URPGer from back on the Proboard boards (Although I sucked on there and only did forum battles :P), I know just about everything about the games (The fact that I'm a PE2K Website Staff Member in the Game department and author of three successful guides as well as submitting tidbits to the FR/LG Guide) I also collect the TCG with quite a lot of cards (Cleaned out my album last weekend. I have a stack of cards that I took out a couple inches high...), I wrote okay stories, I need money, and I'm active when I want to be (:P). Oh, and I have access to many Pokemon resources...

Gastlygoo
04-03-2007, 11:45 PM
I am t3h applying.

My credentials? I'm an experienced (lol :P) URPGer from back on the Proboard boards (Although I sucked on there and only did forum battles :P), I know just about everything about the games (The fact that I'm a PE2K Website Staff Member in the Game department and author of three successful guides as well as submitting tidbits to the FR/LG Guide) I also collect the TCG with quite a lot of cards (Cleaned out my album last weekend. I have a stack of cards that I took out a couple inches high...), I wrote okay stories, I need money, and I'm active when I want to be (:P). Oh, and I have access to many Pokemon resources...
I can help!! I'm full of quizzes and I think about $100 or $200 a correct awnser and I love helping and I'm very active!!!!! soI'm applyingbecause I love helping comunities and I'm active enough. Oh and PS I don't need to be payed

Hypocrisy is Fun
04-04-2007, 12:39 AM
Hey, I know a lot about the games, first few seasons of the anime, and URPG stuff. I would love to help out with this, even if it didn't pay.

Legendary Wolf
04-04-2007, 01:13 AM
I would like to help I have very good questions about pokemon. It would be fun.

Nikki the Mew
04-04-2007, 01:18 AM
I'd like to do this! ^^ I'm not very experienced at URPG, however, I am practically a living encyclopedia on Pokemon!

Please gimme the job? Please please please? XD *begs*

Btw, does it pay anything?

Edit: Also, I have a couple of suggestions for pay, if it does/doesn't.

$500 for each question, each month, but with a maximum of 20 questions to prevent abuse.

Ex. Quizzer A posts the thread for June. A uses 15 questions. A thus gets $7,500.

Basically, this is a max of $10,000, for 20 questions in 1 month. Because it's hard to manage it, and hard to come up with the questions.
Shadow pointed out to me that 10k a month, even for 20 questions, is a bit outrageous. Maybe $250 per question (making it 5k with the max), and the same for the correct answers?

I'm thinking that actually, it would be 20 questions, no matter what. Then, there would be 5 categories.

1 | 4 questions on Pokemon descriptions. (Like a Pokemon Silouette, but different.)

2 | 4 questions on the TCG.

3 | 4 questions on the games & its mechanics or whatever.

4 | 4 questions on the show.

5 | 4 random questions chosen by the quizzer.

20 questions total, but it'd only be $5,000 for the quizzer. They can choose what format they want (true/false, multiple choice, etc).

The thread would be stickied in the Marketplace, showing the rules & questions. The thread would stay open from the first of the month, to the 21st, and meanwhile, all 20 questions (and their answers) would be PMed to the quizzer.

Leman
04-04-2007, 01:33 AM
I think, that there should only be ten questions, and maybe 200 for each right, for a total of 2,000 a quiz, if someone one gets everyone right. I also think it would be cool if each one was themed, because if you had a question about Ho-oh here, and one on Jigglypuff her, and another about Ash, and then another about Pokemon Colleseum, then it would be har to balence the quizzes out. I also beleive that it should be every two weeks, the first out starting on the first, and ending on the 14th, and the second starting on the 15th, and ending on the 29th (except in february it would end on the 28th). That way, we get more quizzes in shorter amount of time. I also think that the quizzer should get 2,500 for each quiz.

Nikki the Mew
04-04-2007, 01:38 AM
I think, that there should only be ten questions, and maybe 200 for each right, for a total of 2,000 a quiz, if someone one gets everyone right. I also think it would be cool if each one was themed, because if you had a question about Ho-oh here, and one on Jigglypuff her, and another about Ash, and then another about Pokemon Colleseum, then it would be har to balence the quizzes out. I also beleive that it should be every two weeks, the first out starting on the first, and ending on the 14th, and the second starting on the 15th, and ending on the 29th (except in february it would end on the 28th). That way, we get more quizzes in shorter amount of time. I also think that the quizzer should get 2,500 for each quiz.
Leman, you basically just halved my ideas.

Each basic month does have about 4 weeks. $2.5k per quiz, for a quizzer, and 2 quizzes a month...it's still $5k, like I said. The only difference is that it'd be $200 per question (making it $4k in a month) instead of $250, for the rest of the people.

Ridley
04-04-2007, 01:45 AM
I would very much like to apply for this, I have good knowledge of the games, urpg stuff blah I think

not the anime or tcg though

Leman
04-04-2007, 01:46 AM
Leman, you basically just halved my ideas.

Each basic month does have about 4 weeks. $2.5k per quiz, for a quizzer, and 2 quizzes a month...it's still $5k, like I said. The only difference is that it'd be $200 per question (making it $4k in a month) instead of $250, for the rest of the people.

Yes, I halved your ideas, somewhat, but I think it would be better this way. I didn't like having 250 dollars per question, because that makes money a little bit harder to calculate, and 200 is a lot easier. Comming up with 20 questions a month all at once might be hard to do. Having two quizzes lets the quizzer have a break between the 10 questions, so he/she can make the best possible quizzes. Having 20 questions at one time puts stress on the quizzer, and makes the quizzes less enjoyable. You never read the part about themes though.

Nikki the Mew
04-04-2007, 01:50 AM
Yes, I halved your ideas, somewhat, but I think it would be better this way. I didn't like having 250 dollars per question, because that makes money a little bit harder to calculate, and 200 is a lot easier. Comming up with 20 questions a month all at once might be hard to do. Having two quizzes lets the quizzer have a break between the 10 questions, so he/she can make the best possible quizzes. Having 20 questions at one time puts stress on the quizzer, and makes the quizzes less enjoyable. You never read the part about themes though.
Coming up with 10 questions in about 24 hours. Yeah, that's not stressful. From the 22nd to the 1st, the quizzer would have chance to come up with 20 more questions. A week to come up with 20 vs. 24 hours for 10.

Leman
04-04-2007, 01:52 AM
Coming up with 10 questions in about 24 hours. Yeah, that's not stressful. From the 22nd to the 1st, the quizzer would have chance to come up with 20 more questions. A week to come up with 20 vs. 24 hours for 10.

Or, the quizzer could make them up while the other quiz was going on! :O

Nikki the Mew
04-04-2007, 01:53 AM
Or, the quizzer could make them up while the other quiz was going on! :O
With a PM system (which would have to be used), they wouldn't have the time. Without the answers being PMed to them, the answers would eventually become obvious in the thread.

Leman
04-04-2007, 01:56 AM
With a PM system (which would have to be used), they wouldn't have the time. Without the answers being PMed to them, the answers would eventually become obvious in the thread.

They will be using PMs to send the answer to the quizzer. I'm pretty sure that they would have time.

Nikki the Mew
04-04-2007, 01:57 AM
They will be using PMs to send the answer to the quizzer. I'm pretty sure that they would have time.
Not really. If you think about it, a lot of people would be attracted to a quiz. The quizzer would get like..5-25 PMs a day. Now, multiply that by 14 days. Nobody would have the sanity to come up with questions during the quizzing period.

Jack of Clovers
04-04-2007, 06:01 AM
I haven't made any decisions yet, probably won't for a couple days, to see what you guys post here. Anyway, just thought I'd put up some of the responsibilites of being a quizzer. I'll put these in the first post too.

- You will create all the questions. That's the easy part.
- You post the quiz. It should be posted in an easy to read, and easy to understand format.
- Money will vary on difficulty of the question, and amount of overall questions.
- People will PM you the answers to the quiz, so you will need space in your PM box.
- You are responsible for handing out money for correct answers. Any discrepancies about the quiz will be handled by you.
- Keep track of who has taken the quiz and how much they 'won'.
- You need to be active as long as the quiz is running.

Anyway, I'm still thinking two people to run quizzes. Perhaps the first quiz can be a collaboration with everyone else, 1 question from each person to create 1 super quiz! Just an idea.

~Jack~

FireflyK
04-04-2007, 11:56 AM
This sounds interesting... I'd try my hand at one.
I'm liking the idea of Pokemon themes, too. Maybe a Pokemon could be chosen, and questons done around them. For example, anime and TCG questions, and then some on URPG if it is a rare Pokemon. (What 2 people own X on URPG?, etc.)

umbreonandespeon
04-04-2007, 12:01 PM
well,i know a lot about pokemon,movesets,cards,anime,urpg rules and stuff.

Ridley
04-04-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm liking the idea of Pokemon themes, too. Maybe a Pokemon could be chosen, and questons done around them. For example, anime and TCG questions, and then some on URPG if it is a rare Pokemon. (What 2 people own X on URPG?, etc.)

I know the answer to that already if its Sableye :p

Leman
04-04-2007, 04:03 PM

I was thinking, sometimes have it a theme of a Pokemon, and other times, we might have a game being a theme, or an anime character, or one of the movies, or a specific TCG set, or a type of Pokemon(like Electric, or Water), to vary it out a little.

SiberianTiger
04-04-2007, 04:19 PM
I haven't made any decisions yet, probably won't for a couple days, to see what you guys post here. Anyway, just thought I'd put up some of the responsibilites of being a quizzer. I'll put these in the first post too.

Lets see...

- You will create all the questions. That's the easy part. Of course, with two people it should take no time at all, though I suggest that everybody take a look at the last quiz that was here if they haven't already, that way they can get a feel for the type of questions to ask.

- You post the quiz. It should be posted in an easy to read, and easy to understand
format. Should be no problem for anybody... I hope :p

- Money will vary on difficulty of the question, and amount of overall questions. Got it, who exactly decides that part though? Certainly not the quiz maker I would think.

- People will PM you the answers to the quiz, so you will need space in your PM box. I would assume most people have the room. Though I guess it wouldn't be a surprise the other way either. :P

- You are responsible for handing out money for correct answers. Any discrepancies
about the quiz will be handled by you. Would that be handled by both people? [assuming two people make it up] Or would one out of the two be responsible for it?

- Keep track of who has taken the quiz and how much they 'won'. I suggest putting that in the thread, kinda like a hall of fame... or shame depending on your score :crackup: [watch my horrid score....]

- You need to be active as long as the quiz is running. Lan that means you!

Anyway, I'm still thinking two people to run quizzes. Perhaps the first quiz can be a collaboration with everyone else, 1 question from each person to create 1 super quiz! Just an idea.

~Jack~

~Isaiah

Nikki the Mew
04-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Actually, Jack, I was thinking that all the questions would be the same amount.

And while there would be 2 quizzers, I was thinking they'd alternate.

Like...Quizzer A does May, Quizzer B does June, and so on.

Leman
04-05-2007, 12:17 AM
For the quiz, if we use my idea, with the two quizzes a month, I don't think that another quizzer is needed, unless the first one has to go, or goes AWOL. Sort of like a back up.

Larvinator
04-05-2007, 01:28 AM
I don't know if I want to do this. I wouldn't be able to answer the questions and get easy money if it was my quiz, after all. But good luck to the enterers...

King Zark
04-06-2007, 01:46 AM
I would like to help I can come up with quizzes.

Can quizzes be a picture and you have to guess the pokemon? (it will be hidden and hard to find).

All quizes are submitted to u right?

Nikki the Mew
04-06-2007, 01:59 AM

Can quizzes be a picture and you have to guess the pokemon? (it will be hidden and hard to find).

That's not a quiz. They have to be actual questions, otherwise it's not considered a quiz.

Rpgraccoon
04-06-2007, 02:01 AM

Like where's Waldo? I'd like a picture game myself. Not sure how to pull it off though. It isn't a quiz though.

FireflyK
04-06-2007, 02:12 AM
Like where's Waldo? I'd like a picture game myself. Not sure how to pull it off though. It isn't a quiz though.

Post the picture... And have the quiz be questions ABOUT the pictures. =P Quiz! Yay.

Rpgraccoon
04-06-2007, 02:24 AM
Post the picture... And have the quiz be questions ABOUT the pictures. =P Quiz! Yay.

Now that would be cool.

skyswellow
04-06-2007, 05:46 PM
i know everything about pokemon im practically nintendo!

theEND
04-06-2007, 05:52 PM
I might as well apply for this kind of job. I can use it to heighten my respondsibility meter and my thought process. They say that a job is no different as a role: There are tasks to be done, purposes to fulfill, etc.

However, then again, I do not believe in fateful or destiny relating roles. :/ *Eats Nikki the Mew, Sib, and that scary IP and browser sig*

Diesel 34
04-06-2007, 11:44 PM
I wouldn't mind doing this. It sounds really cool. I also like to make up quizzes sometimes.

h_sy
04-09-2007, 02:08 AM
I could be a quizzer.

theEND
04-09-2007, 02:24 AM
Also shouldn't the quizzer get money too for making it.
Err, read the first post to see how it's going to be laid out. It mentions the stuff about money there. :/

FireflyK
04-09-2007, 02:34 AM
Those of you who are signing up for this just because of the money...

*Points to signature*

Lol, I don't care about getting paid.

I just like having stuff to do. Especially when I have writer's block. x3 Distractions make for good inspiration.

Seawolf
04-09-2007, 02:41 AM
Lol, I don't care about getting paid.

I just like having stuff to do. Especially when I have writer's block. x3 Distractions make for good inspiration.

It's referring to the number of people who say, "Oh, I can do it, but what about the money?"

People just don't seem to like contributing without being paid anymore.

Diesel 34
04-09-2007, 02:45 AM
I would do it without money I just didn't see that and was wondering because it seems like people get paid for everything. I was just wondering.

Nikki the Mew
04-09-2007, 03:36 AM
It's referring to the number of people who say, "Oh, I can do it, but what about the money?"

Pretty sure you're referring to me, so..

I don't care about the money. It helps, but it's not the most important thing. My posts were only suggestions, because I think the quizzer should get paid too, but if they don't, I'm sure a few people will still want to do it.

FireflyK
04-09-2007, 03:44 AM

Eh, that stinks. :( Quizzes should be fun.
Why not make it so people only get paid $1000 to do it? It's a nice reward to the volunteers, and would weed those other people out. I'll admit I'm no expert at quizzes, but I'd like to try to learn to do them. ^^; Though, I kinda wish URPG had something else I could do to help... Something writing oriented. x3 I don't care if it pays, I just wanna be able to help with something I have a CLUE about!

groudon6_6_6
04-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Hello I would like to apply to become a Quiz master. I have battled a lot on URPG and I have about 41K now.
I would put $7,500 for all 20 questions correctly, $300 for each question so thats an extra 1.5K for full completion of quiz questions.
I won't make them too easy or too hard.
Maybe something like, how do you evolve a feebas?
Or, Where can you find the Aurora ticket?

Diesel 34
04-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Ummm Just a question here, but will a quizzer ever be decided?

Leman
04-15-2007, 12:25 AM
I was realy bored this morning, and made upa couple quizzes. I was hoping that Someone could say if they were satisfactory or not?

Nikki the Mew
04-15-2007, 12:28 AM
Ummm Just a question here, but will a quizzer ever be decided?
I agree. Jack said on the 4th "I haven't made any decisions yet, probably won't for a couple days, to see what you guys post here." But it's now been 10 days, and this thread is.....dead.

Diesel 34
04-15-2007, 12:32 AM
Hey lets have a quiz right now. Do you think

A. A quizzer will be decided soon

B. One will never be decided on

or C. Jack will announce the quizzer the next time he is on. LOL.

Leman
04-15-2007, 12:37 AM

I pick A.

(word)

Diesel 34
04-15-2007, 12:47 AM
Well we should be patient still though. Jack is busy.

Nikki the Mew
04-15-2007, 01:01 AM

Hopefully it's C. XD And nice quiz.

Diesel 34
04-15-2007, 01:13 AM
Truthfully I don't care when Jack decides I just wondered. Thanks for the compliment Nikki

Jack of Clovers
04-15-2007, 07:29 AM
Oh, uh, I already talked with LoyalArcanine. He's going to co-quiz with Shadowlink (whom I still need to talk with...) They'll be creating the quizzes. Sorry I didn't announce this sooner.

~Jack~

Diesel 34
04-15-2007, 07:46 PM
Well congratz Loyal Aranine and Shadowlink.

Loyal Arcanine
04-15-2007, 09:23 PM
ShadowLink is on a short holiday I believe. Once he gets back we'll get those quizzes started.

Hypocrisy is Fun
04-18-2007, 01:29 AM
Wow, thanks for the honor, Mikey and I shall go fourth and attack your mind with quizzes.. Quizzler style. :eh:

Ataro
04-21-2007, 07:03 PM
um... why un-sticky this?

DaRkUmBrEoN
04-21-2007, 07:08 PM
um... why un-sticky this?

Cause each quiz will have their own thread.
And we've found our quiz masters so this thread is kinda unneeded.

-]DU[-

Rpgraccoon
04-21-2007, 11:26 PM
Cause each quiz will have their own thread.
And we've found our quiz masters so this thread is kinda unneeded.

-]DU[-

Does that mean that quizzes will be available soon?

Leman
04-21-2007, 11:42 PM
Does that mean that quizzes will be available soon?

There should be some quizzes soon.

Rpgraccoon
04-21-2007, 11:59 PM
Yah! Sounds like fun! :biggrin:

Loyal Arcanine
04-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Ok, so we're working on this and the first quiz should be up pretty soon. It seems that even with our two great minds combined our TCG knowledge is limited, so for future quizzes we might ask one of you TCG experts to help us out and make a few questions (Yes Tracy, I'm looking at you :tongue: ).

King Zark
04-24-2007, 10:52 AM
I know stuff about TCG. I think still might have some cards left.

Edit: Yep here's my dark Charizard. and Light Dragonite.

pixlepix
04-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Ok, so we're working on this and the first quiz should be up pretty soon. It seems that even with our two great minds combined our TCG knowledge is limited, so for future quizzes we might ask one of you TCG experts to help us out and make a few questions (Yes Tracy, I'm looking at you :tongue: ).

so when are you going to make it

Volvagia Master
05-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Ill be happy to have a go.

.AzureLight
06-06-2007, 07:55 PM

Hey, I'm a TCG expert too. :neutral:

Darwiggly
08-07-2007, 09:32 PM
I know... a bit about TCG

Hypocrisy is Fun
08-07-2007, 11:10 PM
We've got the quizzing business down. Thanks for the offer to help, though.

(Why is this still open? :tongue:)

drazzon
08-09-2007, 07:47 AM
Alright, but i wanted to sign up