PDA

View Full Version : What are pokemon events?

Poonti
04-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Ok, what are pokemon events? I hear you get some pokemon only at the events like deoxys and jirachi but I don't know what they are. Also, which pokemon can you only get from events? And can you still get them?

Because i'm starting to get serious about pokemon, so in diamond i'd like to try to get everything possible, but I see all these event pokemon and I'm thinking damn that's gonna be hard. Also, I live in Canada, that might help, although I don't know a single thing about events apart from you being able to get rare pokemon from them.

Soda
04-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Ok, what are pokemon events? I hear you get some pokemon only at the events like deoxys and jirachi but I don't know what they are. Also, which pokemon can you only get from events? And can you still get them?

Because i'm starting to get serious about pokemon, so in diamond i'd like to try to get everything possible, but I see all these event pokemon and I'm thinking damn that's gonna be hard. Also, I live in Canada, that might help, although I don't know a single thing about events apart from you being able to get rare pokemon from them.

They are events were people can like download or upload legends into your games for free pokemon such as Mew and Celebi and more can be obtained there but you have to live there to get it they're usually in New York I tihnk!

MagmarMan
04-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Some used to be in New York but not anymore (I think...). They're everywhere though.

Espeon EX
04-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Events are usually a little thing going on about pokemon, like a party in a city, but you'd be lucky if you had an event by you, they usually have pokemon battles. You get to play the new games and stuff, get celebi, darkrai, etc...

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Events are usually a little thing going on about pokemon, like a party in a city, but you'd be lucky if you had an event by you, they usually have pokemon battles. You get to play the new games and stuff, get celebi, darkrai, etc...

Don't mention it... I live in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada... Barely a dot on the world map! :sad:

You think a Nintendo event will ever go there? :dazed:

Poonti
04-03-2007, 09:21 PM
So what, you can't get the event pokemon any other way? I live in Montreal by the way. And do you think people would be willing to trade event pokemon wi-fi? And how do you actually get the pokemon onto your gameboy or ds or whatever?

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-03-2007, 09:27 PM
So what, you can't get the event pokemon any other way? I live in Montreal by the way. And do you think people would be willing to trade event pokemon wi-fi? And how do you actually get the pokemon onto your gameboy or ds or whatever?

I'm sure people would trade event Pokemon for shiny's, or maxed EV Pokemon with good IVs, especially if they have doubles.

There's Gameshark and AR, but everytime you cheat, God kills a Pichu... :eek:

And the Pokemon is transferred onto your gameboy with either a link cable or wireless adaptor, I would guess... Though I've never actually been to one... :sad:

Poonti
04-03-2007, 09:38 PM
EVs, IVs, shinys, doubles?

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-03-2007, 09:45 PM
EVs, IVs, shinys, doubles?

EV info here (http://serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml)

IV info here (http://serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml)

Shiny info here (http://serebii.net/games/shiny.shtml)

Doubles: Just referring to having more than one.

Be aware, by reading the EV and IV articles, you're entering a whole new level of Pokemon! :biggrin: