PDA

View Full Version : SatAm DVD Is Out!

SBaby
04-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Heh. I finally got mine. I had to wait a bit for another shipment to hit Best Buy because they were sold out the first time I got there (don't know how significant that is though). Anyway, here's my thoughts.

So far, I've watched episodes on all four discs, and I have yet to run into any glitches. What immediately caught my eye was the short menu animation sequences that were totally new. They looked exactly like the SatAM's animation style, but had a slightly more polished look to them. And they were awesome, especially the one for Disc 3's menu. That was just tight. Guess it IS possible to do further SatAM animations in the same style as the series is in.

Anyway, as I said, there doesn't seem to be any major issues with the discs themselves. They haven't skipped yet, they haven't gone to the next scene or episode. In fact, the only thing I can see wrong with it is that the Season 1 episodes seem to be slightly out of order. But that isn't too big of a deal, since Season 1's episodes can almost be watched in any order, with the exception of Heads or Tails (the pilot) and Sonic Boom (considered to be the unofficial first episode). Season 2 on the other hand, has to be watched in the order it's listed in, or it won't make sense.

And all I can say about the series is, it has Snively and Robotnik! The two coolest villains to EVER menace a cartoon series! And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Do I really even NEED to go any further in terms of my thoughts on the show?

Overall, I haven't watched every episode yet, but everything seems to be in order. I had to turn the volume up a bit to hear it, but that's what I have to do with every DVD I play on my PS2, so that doesn't really mean anything.

I haven't gotten to the interviews yet, but I will probably be watching them in a day or two. I'm interested to see what Ben has to say (not to mention what he looks like; I've never seen the guy before, only read and heard him). But I'm also interested to see what Jaleel White (Urkel) has to say about his role as the blue guy.

You can expect a full review (again) once I view the entire boxset's contents.

That's it for my pre-thoughts. If you don't have it yet, what the heck are you waiting for? Go out and get it. Even if you haven't seen it yet, it's worth checking out.