PDA

View Full Version : Forum Meeting

koolcurtis
08-24-2004, 02:51 AM
I knew the messenger meeting wouldn't work very well, cause people can't always get online for it, so if you missed it, or have something else to say, then say it in here. :biggrin: Just suggest anything you want, nobody will judge you. If you just want to point something out, then say it. This is open to anyone who wants to post.

Matthew
08-24-2004, 07:40 AM
Did you guys ever have the meeting? If so... can you send me a log of it? Just so if I do have any things to bring up... they are not repeats...

Half a Dollar
08-24-2004, 07:56 AM
Oh, the meeting was on? .-. Meh.

Forgot about it.

Give me log too.

That's if you have it. ._.

Raddstealth316
08-24-2004, 02:02 PM
Okay something I wanted to bring up at the meeting, but wasnít there to say it, was about the reffing wages. I know they were slashed because of people abusing the system but I think that people have learnt their lesson and a lot of refs arenít really motivated now with the slash to ref a lot of battles because they know that they will get hardly any payment so I think the ref wages should be put back to normal or the refs lack of activity will continue to decline. Thatís just my view, I know a few others agree with me, for the rest Iím not sureÖ

mlugia
08-24-2004, 02:18 PM
An interesting thought: If refs get paid more for bigger battles, why aren't the battlers? Refs are paid according to how many pairs of pokemon are used in the battle, but the battlers are only paid 500 for a 1v1, 1000 for anything else. Wouldn't it kinda make sense if say 2v2 paid 1000 for win, while 3v3 paid 1500, etc?

well, just a thought.

Tamer San
08-24-2004, 05:24 PM
Well, that will make people battle more and such, but this would be almost like reffing wages ._.

Killik
08-24-2004, 06:43 PM
I agree with what mlugia said. Alot of people are having 2 v.s 2 battles because they get the same amount of money if they had a 3 v.s 3. I think that both battlers and reffers wages should be raised.

Half a Dollar
08-24-2004, 07:44 PM
I agree with Mana too.

It wouldn't be fair to the battlers if we kept on getting the same number of money.

Magare
08-24-2004, 08:23 PM
Well unlike most of you I disagree with him.

That was brought up before and for a month or so battlers did get the amount of money equal to the size of the battle. And guess what? Too much money was given away. I know most of you will disagree with me, just like I did the first time, but thats really the way it is.

Tamer San
08-24-2004, 08:39 PM
I never said i agreed with him, I said this will make it like reffing wages (AKA. bad Idea)

mlugia
08-24-2004, 08:49 PM
Well unlike most of you I disagree with him.

That was brought up before and for a month or so battlers did get the amount of money equal to the size of the battle. And guess what? Too much money was given away. I know most of you will disagree with me, just like I did the first time, but thats really the way it is.

The only thing is, too much money is given away to big battles... to earn that extra say, 250 or 500, you need to spend an extra amount of time and thinking because a 5v5 is a lot bigger than a 2v2, and I mean, no one's really gonna battle a 3 v 3 because 2 v 2s payout the same...

Although that is a good thing for refs, less things to keep track of. There has to be a way to encourage diff battles though, outside of just 2 v 2s.

Jack of Clovers
08-25-2004, 05:39 PM
battle payments aren't going to raise. too much money will be handed out (adding to the already too much being out because of reffing wages). the URPG is not about money, it's about fun and earning.

as for reffing wages, i have no problem with them at 500 or 250. i will ref for free. you can ref for money, but keep in mind you should ref for the URPG benefit and it shows you have more dedication than just money.

~Jack~

Tamer San
08-25-2004, 06:42 PM
Thats my point, but I couldn't say it better than you did Jack ^^

mlugia
08-25-2004, 07:39 PM
I couldn't care less about the reffing wages raising to 500 from 300, but as for battle wages:

- Logically, it doesn't make sense. Even if you were to make 1000 the payment for a 6v6 and systematically decrease payments for all the ones below a 6v6, thatd make more sense. (Or, rather, 200 per pair for win, 100 per pair for lose, resulting in 1000 for a 5v5 and 1200 for a 6v6).

- Alternatively, there should be some sort of incentive put into place so people don't always battle 2v2 and 1v1, because just like ppl used to 1v1 for easy money, they're just doing it now in 2v2 format, which makes it no different from before. (before: GO CHARIZARD! ok, GO MEGANIUM AND GET TOASTED! now: GO CHARIZARD! ok, GO MEGANIUM AND PARASECT AND GET TOASTED TOGETHER!)

koolcurtis
08-27-2004, 09:53 PM
good topics, now is there another topic anyone wants to bring up?

JoshE
08-27-2004, 09:57 PM
good topics, now is there another topic anyone wants to bring up?

Maybe to encourage more battling there could be a money or TM prize chosen by jack or you curtis for whoever had the most battles each week. Any comments?

JohtoTrainer
08-28-2004, 01:45 AM
That won't work, eople will be doing 1v1s out the butt lol

JoshE
08-28-2004, 03:38 PM
That won't work, eople will be doing 1v1s out the butt lol

First of all Battling is battling. 1v1's are better than 0vs0's lol. And second make it the amount pokem on you use also. You couild figure that in.

JohtoTrainer
08-28-2004, 03:58 PM
people will be doing OHKO's again.

Tamer San
08-28-2004, 07:24 PM
Yeh, OHKOs makes the URPG looks so bad (Pretty same as SPAM to a forum XD)

Jack of Clovers
08-28-2004, 07:41 PM
i don't see anything currently wrong with the amount of battling right now that there is a need to encourage more. only because school is coming, things will slow down in battles but that is expected. people shouldn't be battling for the money only, they should do it for the fun and experience. im reminded of Teeshtwo. battled without care of winning or losing. she was a great person from Yahoo. :sad:

~Jack~

JoshE
08-29-2004, 05:28 PM
i don't see anything currently wrong with the amount of battling right now that there is a need to encourage more. only because school is coming, things will slow down in battles but that is expected. people shouldn't be battling for the money only, they should do it for the fun and experience. im reminded of Teeshtwo. battled without care of winning or losing. she was a great person from Yahoo. :sad:

~Jack~

I am just saying that the battling will probally drop a lot so maybe a reward for a lot of battling will make people battle more which results in more URPG activity.

mlugia
08-30-2004, 12:20 AM

~Jack~

Sounds like Lil Ida =P