PDA

View Full Version : Aruseus's Diversity...

Dog of Hellsing
04-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Well, Aruseus is going to be the Mon everyone is after. This monster will probably be the best Pokemon ever. I mean come on, you can give this guy such a wide varity of movesets and change his type at will, and you'll always have an attack that matches his type (Judgement Pebble, though he doesn't get it until lv 100). His base stats are 120 across the board, which means a nice max stats of 372. He can learn just about every TM/HM there is. Because of all the different ways he can be used, he can use ANY Personality (except the ones like Serious that don't effect stat growth). And he looks awesome.

So, what are you going to use Aruseus as? Special Sweeper? Staller? Wall? Me, I don't know yet. It's just so overwhelming, what all he can be used for, it's really hard to pick a job for him. Heh, I wonder what m-sets Smogon will recommend for him?

NinjaDuelist
04-07-2007, 02:45 PM
If I can get him, then he's gonna probably be either a special sweeper or a physical one. I don't know... It will really depend on the rest of my team.

BTW, how do you get him? Is he one of these Pokemon that is only obtainable via special event at your local area? I hope not, as nothing happens around my area.

Lastly, if it is via special event, is there an area where I can check where these events are gonna take place? Thanks.

-ND

Dog of Hellsing
04-07-2007, 02:51 PM
You can only get him with a special item, the name of which I cannot remember lol. It's the something-or-other Flute. I don't know how you get it, but I do believe it's a special event. The plus side is, with the introduction of WiFi, it should be easy to take part in special events, without having to travel half-way around the world. I hope lol...

NinjaDuelist
04-07-2007, 02:53 PM
I hope so. I mean, it would be a real shame to have to travel for just one Pokemon.

Dragon trainner guy
04-07-2007, 02:56 PM
he is a spcial event pokemon and thas the only way to get him dreafully after the event you have to go where you battled the legendery of your game and play i think its called heavenly tune or sumthing and a new road opens

NinjaDuelist
04-07-2007, 03:06 PM
I can't wait to get it! Also, if its an item, perhaps what one of us can do is get the item, go catch Aruseus, and then trade the item to the next guy (unless its an item that you keep at all times).

Gaia
04-07-2007, 03:19 PM
If I got Aruseus, I won't be using it. Too powerful for a team, imo. You could win with almost anything with it. =/ And Aruseus being so damn powerful, with a lot of TMs that it can learn and incredible stats, it makes it way too easy to win with. ;_;

*scratches Aruseus' name on the must-obtain-D/P-Pokemon list with a red pen*

Dog of Hellsing
04-07-2007, 03:24 PM
If I got Aruseus, I won't be using it. Too powerful for a team, imo. You could win with almost anything with it. =/ And Aruseus being so damn powerful, with a lot of TMs that it can learn and incredible stats, it makes it way too easy to win with. ;_;

*scratches Aruseus' name on the must-obtain-D/P-Pokemon list with a red pen*

You know it'll be banned, most likely, from WiFi and NB, if NB decides to update for the D/P versions. *Drools.* Heh, so awesome. You know you've got a real powerhouse on your hands when NO ONE wants to battle against it, or even with it, since it's just too darn strong.

Lord Voldemort
04-07-2007, 03:31 PM
You know it'll be banned, most likely, from WiFi and NB, if NB decides to update for the D/P versions. *Drools.* Heh, so awesome. You know you've got a real powerhouse on your hands when NO ONE wants to battle against it, or even with it, since it's just too darn strong.

They're probably not going to, but someone else is currently working on a D/P simulator. It's going to be banned from that too, being the Uber-est Uber.

Lonsie
04-07-2007, 03:42 PM
It's the something-or-other Flute.

It's the Heaven's Pipe.

Anyways, although having a Arceus would be cool, but it's too uber, and I'm not going to use it.

Dragon trainner guy
04-07-2007, 03:46 PM
yea the item can not be traded its a key item

spr bhav
04-07-2007, 03:48 PM
I will probly never get Arceus but if i do, i'll play around with it, but since it's and uber, i may not ever use it.

NinjaDuelist
04-07-2007, 04:09 PM
I'm just gonna beat a few friends of mine with it, as they love using legendaries, but outside of that my team will pretty much be legendary-free.

Kenny_C.002
04-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Well this guy is like mew...on steroids...

Anyway, I'd think that what you do with him is literally determined by his nature/IV's when you catch him. Since it's a 1-time thing, it would likely mean you can't save during the event, thus forcing you to keep whatever you have the first time around. What you do with him would probably be determined by that problem, I guess.

Lucavi
04-07-2007, 05:53 PM
NB is not updating DP, a new simulator is in the way

Personally, i feel this thing is a bit overrated. Sure, it can do a load of things, but it gets outclassed in most of them. Mewtwo will always be a superior sp.sweeper, Groudon will always be a better SD'er, Lugia will always be better at stalling, etc.

The item thing limits him a bit too since he doesn't have Leftovers which hurt a lot. His signature attack is ok but nothing outstanding. I see it's good, but not as good as everyone claims to say

ps: Arceus is not getting banned from Ubers, that'd be ridicolous

Pika-pika
04-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Umm, you can Arceus from a Nintendo event, or from your Japanese friend, because I think 1/3 of Japanese games have an Arceus glitch. I'm suprised no-one mentioned that. But if you want a legit one, and have the money to fly to NY, go ahead.

Alienshroom
04-07-2007, 06:13 PM
If I get him (lol) he will be a special sweeper.

mootixguy
04-08-2007, 01:02 PM
It'll be pretty interesting to use ingame, you can switch its type as and when you feel like it. But competitive... let's just say there won't be any point using Aruseus.

NinjaDuelist
04-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Considering that Aruseus can be practically any type, I can tell that he probably won't be allowed on Wifi battles.

mootixguy
04-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Yeah... I really really won't mind if I can ever get him. Doubt it though. My country never has cool events that give away Pokemon. It will be fun enough just to go thrashing around with my Aruseus and using that lvl 100 move.

Gaia
04-08-2007, 02:21 PM
It would be hard to put Aruseus in a strategic position in a team, as Aruseus can just swipe off at least 3/4 of the opponent' team imo. Like what Lucavi said, it's too overrated. =/

Zodeon
04-08-2007, 02:48 PM

How can they ban it from Wi-Fi?

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-08-2007, 03:22 PM
I think with the themes of Time and Space explored, a God is necessary in a sense... In another sense though, it should have waited.

Arceus is an incredible Pokemon, but it's not invincible, and doesn't have nearly the highest single stat.

skiboydoggy
04-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Arceus has 120 across the board. It has a HIGH level in every stat, if Mew was only above average.
Judgement is always STABed, which really owns. 100 Power with 100 Accuracy with STAB, it's really painful, to say the least.

However, I will probably play as Physical Sweeper with Draco Meteor, just so the Sp. Attack reduction from using that freakin' Dragon Psycho Boost won't hurt him so much.

MagmarMan
04-14-2007, 04:10 PM
It's the Heaven's Pipe.

Anyways, although having a Arceus would be cool, but it's too uber, and I'm not going to use it.

My thoughts exactly. What's the point in winning all the time if you just use the most uber pokemon ever?

Caecity
04-14-2007, 04:17 PM
Probably maybe a Special Sweeper, or just a plain old attacker.