PDA

View Full Version : Yurixol/Aerixol Creature Quest/adventures RP

FireflyK
04-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Discussion should go here... And later on a vote on which guide to go with.

LordZangoose
04-07-2007, 04:43 PM
What should we describe the amulets as?

FireflyK
04-07-2007, 04:45 PM
At birth, Yurisolean humans are given an amulet, which will call them if they are chosen to have a chance to Bond. Lately, this has happened so rarely that most people believe this to be only legend, but they give the amulets anyway from tradition.

The amulet is small, and held on a thin but strong metal chain, the metal it is of is unknown. The 'amulet' part is simply a small metal design of a washed out silver color. Covering much of this tiny thing, however, is a gem, a round or oval one.

The color the amulet's gem is has something to do with personality or element, but no one knows what. (You may have up to 3 colors, blended, on your amulet, of your choice. You can have one or two, though. Sometimes Simple is better! :D Keep in mind this doesn't garauntee any type or anything, it's just for fun, and so people can be a bit unique/original. Feel free to describe the blend, but NO shapes, and no stripes/spots/patterns. It's just a random blend of colors. Or strictly lined ones that don't blend into each other, perhaps. But not shaped.)

LordZangoose
04-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Thank you for that. Since you said no shapes, would be allowed to describe it as a swirl of whatever colors are in there?

FireflyK
04-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Yep. As long as there aren't specific shapes, a mix of colors is fine.

LordZangoose
04-07-2007, 04:54 PM
I'm working on my post as we speak. I hope you don't mind me setting the season in America as winter.

FireflyK
04-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Er... Yurixol, not Earth. =P But sure, set the season as Winter in your part of the world. Anyone can be from any part of the world, so you can ALL choose whatever season you want.
You'd all know 'common' language along with whatever else you speak, though.
I may make a Yurixol map, lol, to make things less complicated.

LordZangoose
04-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Wait, I thought we lived on Earth, but are going to Yurixol.

FireflyK
04-07-2007, 05:08 PM
No... Live on Yurixol, going to Aerixol.

Here's a rough map. It has the 8 continents, with Mountains and volcanos shown. Also, the seasons. Nothing else yet, though.

http://www.geocities.com/hotarume/YurixolContinents.JPG

LordZangoose
04-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Thank you. I thought since my sign-up said I lived in Maine, it meant we were on Earth.

FireflyK
04-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Er, no... It meant I didn't spot that. x3

Yurixol is similar as far as culture goes. There's less technology, however.

LordZangoose
04-07-2007, 05:16 PM
I see. Like late 1800s to mid 1900s tech, or...?

FireflyK
04-07-2007, 05:22 PM
Hmm...
Indoor plumbing and all exists. There is electricity. However, cars are basically along the lines of Model-T type Ford stuff, or a bit better. There's no highways, and cars go about a max of 30 MPH if that, basically. Lots of small ones, for travelling in the rain and not getting wet (but still going slow) exist. Some people ride horses, but what's really popular are bicycles.

Electric guitars, etc, have been invented, but are fairly new. Music is on CDs, but they're not like what we have. They're somewhere between modern things and records. Like, not quite that small yet, and players aren't portable aside from a few just-being-made ones... Which are bulky still and likely not owned by people.

Basic computers exist, but again, they're not great. Companies use them to store stuff. Games exist, too, but a lot of them are word games, like hangman. There are adventure types games like Runescape and all... but with VERY poor graphics. Think like, Pokemon blue or red version but not as good... They're in black and white or have only a color or two, and aren't so highly developed.

Fridge/Freezers/kitchen stuff exists. Medicine is pretty decent, though not as our current level yet. They can do some surgeries- Tonsils, appendix, ceasarian, etc- but if you need a complicated internal surgery, you're in trouble. Bacteria are known about and things are kept clean, but anti-bacterial solutions are brand new and little is known about side effects yet, so they're only used when REALLY needed. Plain old soap and water is more common.

Guns are like rifles and such... No small ones yet.

Clothes type things exist. Printing on clothes isn't so great yet, it's often blurry, but it does exist. There are machines, however, for making clothes, so they can be as nice as modern day stuff. Tube tops don't exist yet, however, and mini skirts aren't usually that short. Jeans exist but aren't considered quite every day clothes, since they're not as nice as actual pants. Girls wear pants as often as they do skirts, it's personal preference, really.

Anything I'm missing? ^^;

LordZangoose
04-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Thanks, I posted now.

Neptune
04-07-2007, 11:45 PM
Um, I said my character was bringing a CD player, but obviously the technology for that isn't there. XD Any idea for an alternative, since I'd like to have her have some protection against thunderstorms. XD

FireflyK
04-08-2007, 12:06 AM
Um, I said my character was bringing a CD player, but obviously the technology for that isn't there. XD Any idea for an alternative, since I'd like to have her have some protection against thunderstorms. XD

She could bring one of the bulky ones. x3 It'd be a pain to carry, but a phobia might cause her to bring one anyway. :P Otherwise, ear plugs?

Neptune
04-08-2007, 12:10 AM
I think she'd actually drag a bulky CD player with her. XD *goes to edit that back in*