PDA

View Full Version : This is rediculous!!

liquid crystal
08-24-2004, 10:14 PM
I was listening to the radio today (news program, btw) and it said that Kerry might lose the election just be cause he speaks French!! No doubt this is because "France betrayed the United States" :rolleyes: If this were true, we (the US) have betrayed almost all African and Central American nations, just to start.

*sigh*

Inferno
08-24-2004, 11:59 PM
I can't truthfully say that this statement is false, because the U.S. is a very fickle and irrational place. But I do not see the intelligent people in the nation caring whether Kerry speaks french or not. To me it shows that he's a very intelligent man, very educated and cultured.

So, yes, this bit about "Kerry losing the election due to his capabilities and knowledge of the french language" truly is "rediculous"

Champion Lance
08-25-2004, 03:26 PM
I was listening to the radio today (news program, btw) and it said that Kerry might lose the election just be cause he speaks French!! No doubt this is because "France betrayed the United States" :rolleyes: If this were true, we (the US) have betrayed almost all African and Central American nations, just to start.

*sigh*

I doubt he will loose the election over the fact that he speaks french.

Alakazam
08-25-2004, 10:11 PM
Isn't it rediculous? The mindless and baseless opinions of the ignorant masses in the United States about the French are, but one can't easily change them.

liquid crystal
08-25-2004, 10:42 PM
I doubt he will loose the election over the fact that he speaks french.

Actually, most Americans are that ignorant. >.<"

Eh, mostly the swing voters...

Matt & Vulpix
08-25-2004, 10:46 PM
I find that extremely insulting that the radio person said that. I speak French, I'm from Canada, and I find that offensive. What a stupid statement, a language shouldn't influence anything. A truly educated voter would vote based on the issues at hand.

VenusaurTrainer
08-26-2004, 12:08 AM
I find that extremely insulting that the radio person said that. I speak French, I'm from Canada, and I find that offensive. What a stupid statement, a language shouldn't influence anything. A truly educated voter would vote based on the issues at hand.

Meh, my two cents, I hate the French. Go Freedom Fries.

Alakazam
08-26-2004, 12:54 AM
Meh, my two cents, I hate the French. Go Freedom Fries.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic... -_-

Matt & Vulpix
08-26-2004, 01:19 AM
What have the French ever done to you? Did they attack some national monument, or did this information completly pass over my head?

VenusaurTrainer
08-26-2004, 01:34 AM
No I wasent kidding I really do hate the French. I dont want to list the reasons becasue I dont want to make you French people mad.

Matt & Vulpix
08-26-2004, 01:41 AM
List 'em. Nothing can scare me, I'm Canadian need I remind you, American.

VenusaurTrainer
08-26-2004, 01:47 AM
Ok then, we asked France to help us out in Iraq and they refused, and France was also supplying gadgets and money to help Iraq build there weapons of mass destruction. So bleh. =P

Kenny_C.002
08-26-2004, 01:52 AM
As a Canadian, I don't care about the French-speaking population (they're just people). I, however, do hate the french language in general.

The main problem with this issue is that pop culture in America just doesn't support anything non-American. Take professional wrestling for instance. When a Canadian group called "LA RÉSISTANCE" goes in to wrestle, the typical American audience would boo the wrestlers, attempt to interrupt our national anthem, cheer when the "good guys" interrupt our national anthem, and cheer for the "good guys" or cheer "USA" as their chants. It's just that the French already has this "bad guy" persona attached to them within pop culture, and that alone makes this ridiculous.

Matthew
08-26-2004, 07:00 AM
OMG... I can't beleive they said that... I hate how ignorrant American's are... and yes, I am an American... I don't like how thick-skulled we are... It is rather embarrasing... and I can't beleive you said that VT... You should also hate Americans because we are the ones who supplied Iraq with money and weapons and put Sadam in power (I think anyway)... Before we went to war with them in the first Gulf War....

Anyways... I am not interested in this election... I think both of the 'major' candidates are... bleh... :silly:

Inferno
08-26-2004, 09:56 PM
Ok then, we asked France to help us out in Iraq and they refused, and France was also supplying gadgets and money to help Iraq build there weapons of mass destruction.

Did we ever find weapons of mass destruction? I stopped paying attention, so I probably missed when USA busted in and unloaded the large nuclear bombs and whatnot.

And I think everyone that bought oil from Iraq (or any middle east country for that matter) helped them out. So that list goes on for a while, and I'm pretty sure the U.S. is on that list.

Hating a group of people because their country doesn't want to go to war with you, is as childish as hating a kid because his/her parents won't let him/her out to play with you. You have a right to ask someone for help, but in the same note they have the same right to answer Yes or No. Don't get upset and try to change the name of your fries.

Ash Red Ketchum
08-26-2004, 10:36 PM
its seems like americans have this gene which make them ignborant, lol....sincei was only born in america, not actually american, i guess thats why im not ignorant, meh, if only i lived in japan.....stupeed americans, they need a big spank in da a**, dont you agree?

Alakazam
08-26-2004, 10:41 PM
No, we never found the WMDs. IMO, they were just a fabrication of the Bush administration in a desperate attempt to make a case for war. And what really gets me angry, is that, to this day, Bush still stands by the decision to go to war. :evil: :mad:

Steven
08-29-2004, 05:04 PM
It's like how Americans say, "Blame Canada". It's completely ignorant, when actually Canada has a reason to hate the US, while US residents are just ignorant morons blaming Canada. I mean Canada gets acid rain just because the US puts out so much pollution. I mean most US citizens have horrible sense of geography anyway and can't even locate the Middle Eastern part of the world, much less Iraq, and most can't even locate where France is, if I'm correct. One of the most ignorant things was how US citizens also changed French Fries into Freedom Fries. The French had nothing to do with their creation, so using that as any kind of indirect attack is stupid. It's just the United States can be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stupid sometimes. I know. I'm not proud to be an American right now... especially since people think France actually betrayed us or something... if anything we betrayed the United Nations. t-_-t

Agent Orange
08-29-2004, 06:14 PM
Matt, don't jugde America because of some people, VT is just a close minded *******, ignore him.

I think speaking any launguage has nothing to do with presidency or elections.

Alakazam
08-29-2004, 08:21 PM
It's like how Americans say, "Blame Canada". It's completely ignorant, when actually Canada has a reason to hate the US, while US residents are just ignorant morons blaming Canada. I mean Canada gets acid rain just because the US puts out so much pollution. I mean most US citizens have horrible sense of geography anyway and can't even locate the Middle Eastern part of the world, much less Iraq, and most can't even locate where France is, if I'm correct. One of the most ignorant things was how US citizens also changed French Fries into Freedom Fries. The French had nothing to do with their creation, so using that as any kind of indirect attack is stupid. It's just the United States can be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stupid sometimes. I know. I'm not proud to be an American right now... especially since people think France actually betrayed us or something... if anything we betrayed the United Nations. t-_-t

I agree completely. the US must have the highest population of ignoramuses on the planet -_-

And DP, no one's judging America; he's just commenting on popular American beliefs.

Agent Orange
08-29-2004, 08:33 PM
I was just wary of the way he called VT an "American" as if it were a bad thing..not mad at ya Matt, America is pretty screwed up..

Alakazam
08-30-2004, 01:18 AM
Okay, DP...I just wanted to stem any ignorant animosity, and I'm quite relieved that none existed. :oops: *whew*

JoshE
08-30-2004, 02:58 AM
its seems like americans have this gene which make them ignborant, lol....sincei was only born in america, not actually american, i guess thats why im not ignorant, meh, if only i lived in japan.....stupeed americans, they need a big spank in da a**, dont you agree?

The Romans were ignorant, The British at one time were ignorant, the French at one time were ignorant, all of the greatest world powers are ignorant.

Inferno
08-30-2004, 10:32 PM
In my opinion, most people in every single country around the world are ignorant. No one knows everything, and by the results of many polls it seems like not many know anything at all. How many of us know every current event in every city of the world? I know there's a few of us who don't.
So, if we're expected to have an opinion on different cultures, most of the time people go with what they're told or what they've heard about that country or culture. And that to me is very ignorant.

Countries have always "blamed" other countries or cultures. A lot of the time in the past (and still in the present) it's been Jewish people.
But really I don't think that many Americans "blame Canada".
that's a very old stereotype, that's been heightened by South Park and other forms of entertainment/media.

But anyway. Americans don't have a gene of ignorance. We have something that kinda stunts our knowledge, it's called the media and the news. They pump the US with "patriotism" and they make other countries seem so backwards, when they're really not.

Ash Red Ketchum
09-04-2004, 05:25 AM
But anyway. Americans don't have a gene of ignorance. i cant see how you couldnt figure out i was just trying to be funny, and i still think americans need a big spank in da a**