PDA

View Full Version : Possible to trade to DP from old games?

Poonti
04-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Like is it possible to trade from yellow to silver, silver to ruby, and then ruby to Diamond to get the old legendaries or is it not possible to trade from silver to ruby? I don't have silver and yellow but I might get them to get the old legendaries. If i can.

Fire Pkmn Master
04-10-2007, 08:26 PM
I dont think so. Just get an Action Replay if you have to, to get the legends from those games.....

spartan117
04-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Like is it possible to trade from yellow to silver, silver to ruby, and then ruby to Diamond to get the old legendaries or is it not possible to trade from silver to ruby? I don't have silver and yellow but I might get them to get the old legendaries. If i can.
No, you can only trade the old games with the old games. The only games you can trade to D/P is Fire Red, Ruby, Leaf Green, Emerald, and Saphire. And you cant trade anything with the old games. Only the 5 GBA games with each other and Dimaond/Pearl.

I dont think so. Just get an Action Replay if you have to, to get the legends from those games.....Yes, but you have to be very careful becuase yesterday the AR deleted my Fire Red file with most of the legendaries. Most of the codes you'll find on the internet mess up your game so you have to be very careful.

*longest posts I've ever made*

Professor Geoffrey
04-10-2007, 08:28 PM
No, you can only trade the old games with the old games. The only games you can trade to D/P is Fire Red, Ruby, Leaf Green, Emerald, and Saphire. And you cant trade anything with the old games. Only the 5 GBA games with each other and Dimaond/Pearl.

What spartan said. You can't, really. I wish we could... :cry: Except, ruby's missing...

Poonti
04-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Ohh yeah i almost forgot i got the mewtow, the three little birdies and enteiy for legendaries in leaf green. can u get anyone besides bulbasaur as a starter in leaf green? if so i can get them.

Fire Pkmn Master
04-10-2007, 08:32 PM
You forgot Ruby you know that right. XDD

Ohh yeah i almost forgot i got the mewtow, the three little birdies and enteiy for legendaries in leaf green. can u get anyone besides bulbasaur as a starter in leaf green? if so i can get them.

They have names you know. There not little birdies....
If you mean to get another starter pokemon no. After you do something I forgot what but you can choose a Johto pokemon I think after you do something.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-10-2007, 08:33 PM

Ummm, yeah! You can pick any starter you want! Venusaur was chosen for the cover because it best represents LeafGreen!

And you can't even try trading from GBC games because they don't fit in the GBA slot on DS.

Poonti
04-10-2007, 08:36 PM
You forgot Ruby you know that right. XDDRuby I did a new game because i was bored and never got around to doing it again. i need to start it up again because i need the legendaries and the regis! In emerald i had everything but i lost it all because i got it from indonesia real cheap and knew it was fake but i still had fun and beat the game b4 it messed up though i lost all the legends.

Poonti
04-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Ummm, yeah! You can pick any starter you want! Venusaur was chosen for the cover because it best represents LeafGreen!

And you can't even try trading from GBC games because they don't fit in the GBA slot on DS. cool! because i couldn't remeber if u could because i starteed a long time ago.

Professor Geoffrey
04-10-2007, 08:41 PM

If you mean to get another starter pokemon no. After you do something I forgot what but you can choose a Johto pokemon I think after you do something.

Have to complete the Hoenn 'Dex. You don't need Deoxys and Jirachi, though. I have a Ferligatr and a Typhlosion. I traded one from another game. XD

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Have to complete the Hoenn 'Dex. You don't need Deoxys and Jirachi, though. I have a Ferligatr and a Typhlosion. I traded one from another game. XD

Off topic a bit... Feraligatr is so good in D/P! Dragon Claw is physical, and so is Crunch, and the new Aqua Tail, 90 Power, 90 Accuracy, physical move... Yup, he rocks.

Poonti
04-10-2007, 08:48 PM
So can u or cant u get different starters than ballsaurd in leaf green?

spartan117
04-10-2007, 08:51 PM

No thats only in Emerald and you can only get some Jhoto pokemon in FR/LG after you get the Rainbow Pass and go to the Sevii Islands.

The only starters you can get are: Bulbasour, Charmander, Squirtle. You choose one of them in the beggining of the game and the only way to the other starters after you have chosen a started is by tarding.

Fire Pkmn Master
04-10-2007, 08:54 PM
No thats only in Emerald and you can only get some Jhoto pokemon in FR/LG after you get the Rainbow Pass and go to the Sevii Islands.

I know its Emerald. But you can get a Johto Pokemon after deafing the E4 or whatever. I dont remember.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-10-2007, 08:59 PM

You can, as I clearly stated. :rolleyes:

Poonti
04-10-2007, 09:12 PM
You can, as I clearly stated. :rolleyes:I wasn't sure because fire pkmn said u couldn't

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-10-2007, 09:23 PM
I wasn't sure because fire pkmn said u couldn't

Well I read his post, and he gave a poor answer.

YES, you can get starters other than Bulbasaur in LeafGreen.

You can get Squirtle and Charmander. To do that, you have to either restart your game, or trade it from someone elses game (an egg from them is recommended, in case they trained it differently than you wanted to).

So, you can't get them in the same game file, but you can get them in the same game, you just need to restart or trade over. Which is still getting it in the same game.

And the thing he said about the Johto starter applies only to Pokemon Emerald.

Fire Pkmn Master was wrong, so don't worry. :wink:

Lucavi
04-10-2007, 09:26 PM
the question has been answered, so i'm locking this to prevent any further spam