PDA

View Full Version : Action Replay. What is it?

Poonti
04-11-2007, 03:38 AM
Is action replay reliable? Is it convenient? I want it for ds which kind should I get? Do they update their codes for the online action replay ds often? Are you getting one or have one? Do gamesharks really mess up your game?

I know it's alot of questions but they don't talk about it much on da web.

Caecity
04-11-2007, 03:41 AM
An Ar is bascially a cheat system.It could mess up your game that's your risk for using it.

Bloody TC
04-11-2007, 03:41 AM
Why are you making so many threads?
It is used for cheating and could mess up your game.You really shouldn't cheat but it is your choice.

Edit: Beaten

Poonti
04-11-2007, 03:43 AM
Why are you making so many threads?
It is used for cheating and could mess up your game.You really shouldn't cheat but it is your choice.

Edit: Beaten
Because I'm psyched about this game and I want to know everything about it. so what would be better? AR or gameshark?

also: nice avatar

JentleViolence
04-11-2007, 03:46 AM
Neither of them are better because they both screw up your game. :susp:

And what's with all these threads?

Poonti
04-11-2007, 03:48 AM
Neither of them are better because they both screw up your game. :susp:

And what's with all these threads?no i9 mean which one tends to screw up more?

Lucavi
04-11-2007, 03:50 AM
AR is probably 1000 times better than Gameshark as AR doesn't need to activate the anti-DMA which is essentially what causes the most bugs/glitches to activate. The fact that AR writes to the address 0x00A also simplifies things a lot more, unlike Gameshark which just makes a modification in the checksum bite. So yea, AR > GS anytime

mootixguy
04-11-2007, 01:49 PM
You don't really need to use either really. You won't have peace of mind, since many trainers have used them, screwed up their game one day, and cried buckets. All this for having paid money to buy something that promised Mews and Deoxyses.

Stick to the seasoned glitches, like Emerald cloning XD

spr bhav
04-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Is action replay reliable? Is it convenient? I want it for ds which kind should I get? Do they update their codes for the online action replay ds often? Are you getting one or have one? Do gamesharks really mess up your game?

Ar replay or Gameshark only mess up your game if you use random codes.

NinjaDuelist
04-11-2007, 05:33 PM
I don't use Gamesharks or ARs as they have screwed up some of my older games. I've learned my lesson.

spr bhav
04-11-2007, 05:34 PM
I don't use Gamesharks or ARs as they have screwed up some of my older games. I've learned my lesson.
your codes must have an error, use the imput game codes already in the shark / AR as they don't mess up your game.

NinjaDuelist
04-11-2007, 05:37 PM
This was from a while ago. I think back when there was Pokemon Yellow, Red and Blue? Or was it the GSC saga...

SiberianTiger
04-11-2007, 05:41 PM

1. More so then Gameshark according to my cousin.

2. Well cheating is always convenient more or less.

3. I'm not really up on brands and such, I'd ask a local retail store.

4. No, I'm not getting one.

5. It is possible.

~Isaiah

Chris9898
04-11-2007, 05:46 PM
What is with people and saying "OMG IT'S GOING TO WRECK YOUR GAME! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"... stop being so immature and silly.

Freddy Fro
04-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Yeah my friend just got a Action Replay the other day and he is going to use it for D/P so we can both have like all the pokemon in the game (and it will be his game messed up not mine if it does mess it up :D)! But I really don't think it will mess up your game unless you put in random codes like Spr Bhav said.

~Fro~

Yggdrasill
04-11-2007, 07:32 PM
I purposely used fake AR codes on my Ruby version once and all it did was cause it to crash.
There's a very, very little chance of it actually damaging your data or game and if it does it's your own fault for cheating in the first place.
Trust me; it is physically impossible for codes to mess up your game, maybe it might delete your data.... but not damage the game.

Poonti
04-11-2007, 08:59 PM
I purposely used fake AR codes on my Ruby version once and all it did was cause it to crash.
There's a very, very little chance of it actually damaging your data or game and if it does it's your own fault for cheating in the first place.
Trust me; it is physically impossible for codes to mess up your game, maybe it might delete your data.... but not damage the game.But for gameshark I think you have to look for the codes on websites so it aint reliable but for AR don't they update often and thats the only way? or is it possible to get codes from anyone?

NinjaDuelist
04-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Just curious, but which one do you all suggest? What brand and where to get it? Price listing is optional. ^_^

My brother was thinking of getting one, so he wanted me to find out.

Yggdrasill
04-11-2007, 09:06 PM
For AR you should use the official Codejunkies website, anywhere else and you're putting your data at risk.
You can't just create your own codes, it takes an expert at coding to be able to produce them.

Poonti
04-11-2007, 09:12 PM
For AR you should use the official Codejunkies website, anywhere else and you're putting your data at risk.
You can't just create your own codes, it takes an expert at coding to be able to produce them.u have to get codes off the websites for AR? I thought you had to download this datel thing and they'd update it so you could update your card every now and then. I think the one im talking about is the action replay ds.

PaulMac
04-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Yeah my friend just got a Action Replay the other day and he is going to use it for D/P so we can both have like all the pokemon in the game (and it will be his game messed up not mine if it does mess it up :D)! But I really don't think it will mess up your game unless you put in random codes like Spr Bhav said.

~Fro~
Used GBA AR on Emerald tonnes and nothing happened :)

I have a GBA AR and Im getting a DS one after I get D&P

You can download codes from website's or type them in manually your choice :)

You can also type in new ones for new games.

When you buy D&P I'm doubting the AR will have it on its database so you go to the site it tells you on the manual and download.

Youll get a CD and stuff to explain and do this

Poonti
04-11-2007, 09:33 PM
So you can get a firmware that updates the list of codes online i just read and that you could also type in the codes on codejunkies(the codes are so long!). But when you do a cheat does it save the game? cause theres one that says 1hit ko is it forever?

PaulMac
04-11-2007, 09:35 PM
So you can get a firmware that updates the list of codes online i just read and that you could also type in the codes on codejunkies(the codes are so long!). But when you do a cheat does it save the game? cause theres one that says 1hit ko is it forever?
When you buy the DS AR You get this DS game saying Action replay It will have a top on it were the wire fits.

Okay you pop the Chip into the ds and then select the game and codes then pop it out put the game in and viola.

No it doesnt save

Poonti
04-11-2007, 09:42 PM
When you buy the DS AR You get this DS game saying Action replay It will have a top on it were the wire fits.

Okay you pop the Chip into the ds and then select the game and codes then pop it out put the game in and viola.

No it doesnt save
coz sometimes i want it to save like getting pokemons that are in events. but can you return it if u try it? jus so i know

PaulMac
04-11-2007, 09:51 PM
coz sometimes i want it to save like getting pokemons that are in events. but can you return it if u try it? jus so i know
Return what

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-11-2007, 10:01 PM

Gameshark has been out longer, but AR seems pretty reliable...

Just a bit of advice though...

EVERYTIME YOU GLITCH YOUR GAME, GOD KILLS A PICHU.

EVERYTIME YOU USE A CHEAT, GOD KILLS A CLEFFA.

THINK OF THE BABIES.

And PaulMac, stop being a n00b and post properly! I've seen you like 5 times on this board posting under-4-word posts... You're going to get the Mods mad! :dazed:

PaulMac
04-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Gameshark has been out longer, but AR seems pretty reliable...

Just a bit of advice though...

EVERYTIME YOU GLITCH YOUR GAME, GOD KILLS A PICHU.

EVERYTIME YOU USE A CHEAT, GOD KILLS A CLEFFA.

THINK OF THE BABIES.

And PaulMac, stop being a n00b and post properly! I've seen you like 5 times on this board posting under-4-word posts... You're going to get the Mods mad! :dazed:
What do you mean 4 word posts

Poonti
04-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Return whatreturn the game to store

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-11-2007, 10:09 PM
What do you mean 4 word posts

Go read the rules before posting anymore! :rolleyes:

Forum Guide (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28)

Reading that will do us all a favor. :wink:

Poonti
04-11-2007, 10:19 PM
so just to clear this up for once and all does it save when u use action replay coz some times u might want to and other times u might not.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-11-2007, 10:21 PM
so just to clear this up for once and all does it save when u use action replay coz some times u might want to and other times u might not.

Yah, your data saves, but it might glitch and no longer be able to save... That's the risk you take with cheat devices.

Another word of advice? Don't let one touch your games. :wink:

PaulMac
04-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Go read the rules before posting anymore! :rolleyes:

Forum Guide (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28)

Reading that will do us all a favor. :wink:
Cant see anything I done wrong, tell me.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Cant see anything I done wrong, tell me.

1. Your posts are under 4 words and that's not allowed. So by being ignorant and not reading the rules, you are spamming.

2. JUST READ THE DAMN RULES! :rolleyes:

PaulMac
04-11-2007, 10:25 PM
1. Your posts are under 4 words and that's not allowed. So by being ignorant and not reading the rules, you are spamming.

2. JUST READ THE DAMN RULES! :rolleyes:
I've did it once fair enough but I cant find where I've did it '' 5 or 4 times ''

DeadlySin7
04-15-2007, 04:18 AM
I hate dealing with the "OMG its gonna mezz up ur' gamez!!!" people. It has never messed up my games and ive used a.r. and gameshark for 3 years now. And if you do get a accidental glitch dont save.

Pokemaniac28
04-15-2007, 06:17 AM
Action replay is 10000 times better than gameshark and doesnt mess up your game. I used it a lot for my firered and emerald and never had a problem with it. I herd about getting bad eggs if you use them, but i never got one.

StarStruck
04-15-2007, 07:01 AM
An Ar is bascially a cheat system.It could mess up your game that's your risk for using it.It's never messed my games up, and I've used them for 7 years.

AshMistyMayfan
04-15-2007, 07:06 AM
You don't really need to use either really. You won't have peace of mind, since many trainers have used them, screwed up their game one day, and cried buckets. All this for having paid money to buy something that promised Mews and Deoxyses.

Stick to the seasoned glitches, like Emerald cloning XD

Nay, with Action Replay, I get more Max PP, extra berries, extra TMs, Lucky egg, and Pokemon I can't get. Everything else like gym battles, elite 4, all done with honesty and no disadvantaged Pokemon. Secret is don't do things like score all 8 badges or catch all the Pokemon in one swoop, and don't get greedy with money. If the game naturally put in more stuff like extra TMs, Max PP, stores selling Lucky Eggs, then nobody would have to cheat. It's only cheating if you do something very bad and major, this method I do just gives me items I can't get/have in my lifetime and makes game playing sad when 20 Pokemon I like can only have one TM.

Starstruck, I've used them on RSE to secure more Pokemon, PP, TMs, everything else was clean. I mean, to go on a journey with Chikorita, totodile, Charmander, it made the games more fun to interact the old Pokemon. I've used it for 7 years also, still have the original unit but going to upgrade to a new AR unit and a DS unit.

mootixguy
04-15-2007, 08:28 AM
I still say the Emerald glitch is the best. It may be a little slow, but it allows you to clone any Pokemon and item you have. I cloned Masterballs and TMs. And at least it's proven to be 100% safe. And at least you don't have random screen glitches here and there that spook you out.

Poonti
04-15-2007, 10:22 PM
I still say the Emerald glitch is the best. It may be a little slow, but it allows you to clone any Pokemon and item you have. I cloned Masterballs and TMs. And at least it's proven to be 100% safe. And at least you don't have random screen glitches here and there that spook you out.
can u explain how this emerald cloning glitch works cause im starting emerald again and not getting AR until i actually complete the diamond game but just the 8 badges and elite four.