PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth buying Emerald to help with Diamond?

spartan117
04-12-2007, 08:37 PM
I was thinking of buying Emerald to trade with Diamond but Im not sure if I should do it. Emerald has the cloning cheat and I can get most of the Legends from there but Im not sure if I should still buy it.

pixlepix
04-12-2007, 08:39 PM
emerald is a realy fun game so enjoy it

spartan117
04-12-2007, 08:49 PM
emerald is a realy fun game so enjoy it
Ya I know I had it before but lost it sadly...so I should buy it too?

Professor Geoffrey
04-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Ya I know I had it before but lost it sadly...so I should buy it too?

Emerald is to die for (then imagine what you would do for diamond... XD). I say yes. Emerald has Rayquaza, Kyogre, and Groudon all in it. One you can get before Elite Four, and two you can get after Elite Four. Well, you can get Rayquaza after the Elite four, but that's only if you beat Rayquaza before it, or forgot to face it. :P

Fire Pkmn Master
04-12-2007, 09:13 PM
I think you should. Maybe just in case or something for some reason that you would need it for something else.

Dragon trainner guy
04-12-2007, 09:20 PM
yea u can use it 4 the starters to upload if u dont have ruby/sap

Alienshroom
04-12-2007, 09:20 PM
I would It really helps.

spartan117
04-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Ya I guess I will get it and it also helps by cloning so just incase before I trade to Diamond I'll clone the pokemon and the trade it again and again maybe Ill make a business......Anyone want to tarde me a Palkia for a Deoxys? XD Joking for now.....

MagmarMan
04-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Emerald in itself is a fun game so you shouldn't have any regrets buying it.

SunshineWingull
04-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Emerald has the cloning cheat and I can get most of the Legends from there but Im not sure if I should still buy it.

Ya I guess I will get it and it also helps by cloning so just incase before I trade to Diamond I'll clone the pokemon and the trade it again and again maybe Ill make a business......

Diamond and Pearl have the cloning trick, too. :susp:

legendarychamp22
04-13-2007, 03:23 PM
I was thinking of buying Emerald to trade with Diamond but Im not sure if I should do it. Emerald has the cloning cheat and I can get most of the Legends from there but Im not sure if I should still buy it.
Emerald almost all third generation legendaries(including events), but what are you gonna do if you missed the events? Also, you wouldn't have any fun in the game as you are only catching pokemon to trade to diamond.

NMG-Nathan
04-13-2007, 03:44 PM
of course not, just use wifi to get those pokemon!

spartan117
04-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Diamond and Pearl have the cloning trick, too. :susp:
Really? How do you do it then? I never heard that D/P has that trick too.
Emerald almost all third generation legendaries(including events), but what are you gonna do if you missed the events? Also, you wouldn't have any fun in the game as you are only catching pokemon to trade to diamond.
Well thats true but its the only way Ill get the legends besides trading.
of course not, just use wifi to get those pokemon!
ya but I want my own pokemon so I would be ure they arent sharked when I trade.

mootixguy
04-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Yeah Emerald is a great game. I've been playing it to prepare for a DP team, but I'm also having fun with Battle Frontier! Since DP doesn't have as extensive a feature as Battle Frontier (unfortunately =( ) I'm gonna continue playing Emerald for quite awhile, especially when I get bored of DP! (if possible!)

spartan117
04-14-2007, 11:14 PM
Yeah Emerald is a great game. I've been playing it to prepare for a DP team, but I'm also having fun with Battle Frontier! Since DP doesn't have as extensive a feature as Battle Frontier (unfortunately =( ) I'm gonna continue playing Emerald for quite awhile, especially when I get bored of DP! (if possible!)
D/P will probably get boring after you have tried out all the new features.

Bran Muffin
04-14-2007, 11:24 PM
I agree with Spartan.

spartan117
04-14-2007, 11:25 PM
I agree with Spartan.
Thats what always happens to me after I get a new game and beat it.

EspeonSun
04-14-2007, 11:31 PM
Yeah, I think so cause your going to get more pokemon and you'll have two pokemon games!

spartan117
04-14-2007, 11:43 PM
Yeah, I think so cause your going to get more pokemon and you'll have two pokemon games!
Well 3 but ya I guess i can finally get all the pokemon.

DeadlySin7
04-15-2007, 02:35 AM
If you wanted to you could buy an action replay ds instead and download codes for diamond and pearl. When i get my copy of diamond im using my action replay to get the three starters and maybe a few masterballs.

If you would like to trade pokemon in d/p sometime my friend code is:

TGSimonJr
04-15-2007, 03:16 AM
If you want Emerald just to help out with D/P, don't buy it. If you buy it just for D/P, it'll turm into a chore to have to beat. I suggest buy it for fun.

I bought emerald the day it came out. I transfered all my LG, FR, R/S Pokemon to it so I have onw big mega game. This'll pay off in the end.

charmeleonblaze
04-15-2007, 03:26 AM
You should buy it, although you've probably decided by now. It has the 3 Regis, which you need to get Regigigas. :wink:

Peanut12
04-15-2007, 03:46 AM
you should get it cause its like ruby and sapphire in one game

dialggron
04-15-2007, 05:59 AM
I bought emerald the day it came out. I transfered all my LG, FR, R/S Pokemon to it so I have onw big mega game. This'll pay off in the end.

thats what i did, then my emerald "expired" and all my pokemon got erased:sad:

but ya you should buy just dont get it of ebay. theres alot of fake ones on there:wink:

mootixguy
04-15-2007, 08:32 AM
thats what i did, then my emerald "expired" and all my pokemon got erased:sad:

but ya you should buy just dont get it of ebay. theres alot of fake ones on there:wink:
Huh? I didn't know it expires.

dialggron
04-17-2007, 10:06 PM
i found that if i dont play my versions for a while they erase themselves:neutral:
mabey i got bad luck

spartan117
04-18-2007, 12:41 AM
i found that if i dont play my versions for a while they erase themselves:neutral:
mabey i got bad luck
I might not buy it that soon cause Im running low on money I still need 30$ for Diamond which I hope my dad wil pay me by Sunday and then I have to work a little more for Emerald.

Shiny Trainer
04-18-2007, 02:43 AM

actually i think the cloning cheat is also in d/p.but i still recomend emerald because its so fun.:happy:

mootixguy
04-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Would be really surprised if the cloning glitch was back in DP. But, would be very happy too. :) Except that it would devalue all shinies and rares.

Kenny
04-18-2007, 08:09 PM

It won't get boring when you have Wi-Fi to battle people online with.

ya but I want my own pokemon so I would be ure they arent sharked when I trade.

You can trade with me - I never cheat. Just get D/P.

Zodeon
04-18-2007, 08:36 PM
No, Buy Wi-Fi and use ruby or sapphire if you really need the legendarys.

Cow_Guy
04-18-2007, 08:44 PM
I might not buy it that soon cause Im running low on money I still need 30$ for Diamond which I hope my dad wil pay me by Sunday and then I have to work a little more for Emerald.

Do you really think it's $30 exact? I'm sorry, paying that would be budgeting. It's $35 USD, unless you mean you have only $5 right now. Am I correct?

Not necessarily, I was so lucky to have a GameStop worker give me the actual thing to demo and I loved it. In conclusion, that's not always true.

spr bhav
04-18-2007, 08:47 PM
FireRed/Leafgreen/ Emerald have been around for abour 2-3 years now... we used ALL of their features but have people got bored of it? No, alot of people still love the games and perfect their pokemon... So i think D/P will get bored in about 4 years or 5.

Kenny
04-18-2007, 09:13 PM
I agree. I still never beat the Battle Frontier at Emerald, so there's always something to do. I don't care about it anymore though. I'm just raising some Pokemon to transfer over to D/P.

spartan117
04-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Do you really think it's $30 exact? I'm sorry, paying that would be budgeting. It's $35 USD, unless you mean you have only $5 right now. Am I correct?

Not necessarily, I was so lucky to have a GameStop worker give me the actual thing to demo and I loved it. In conclusion, that's not always true.
I have 10$ but I need 30$ more because it will be like 37$ because of tax that's why.
FireRed/Leafgreen/ Emerald have been around for abour 2-3 years now... we used ALL of their features but have people got bored of it? No, alot of people still love the games and perfect their pokemon... So i think D/P will get bored in about 4 years or 5.

I guess but.............it will get a little boring for people who played it a lot and beat it like twice or more. But it is true though I only got bored of Emerald(before I lost it) after restarting 3 times so I guess your right.