PDA

View Full Version : Is my Pokemon Red a defect? Problem in Safari

AshMistyMayfan
08-26-2004, 06:25 PM
I go into the Safari Zone on red, catch a Pokemon, yes or no on nickname, but after that, the music makes this weird long hummmmmm, then the screen goes distort or blacks out totally. I restart in the Safari Zone and it does the same thing in catching a Pokemon. I didn't use any Gameshark on it so I wonder if only in the Safari Zone, the game defected? Does that mean find a new Pokemon Red? I don't know if to fix it or scrap it, not that it's a big deal since Fire Red may be the same as Pokemon Red, except for the better graphics and Pokemon.

SnowTiger
08-26-2004, 08:12 PM
Sounds like a glitch to me, pokemon red and blue were the first attemps at making a game so there are bound to be glitches. My advice: Either get a new Pokemon Red or wait until Fire Red comes out.

Chicko
08-27-2004, 12:25 AM
yeah, sounds like glitch, I'd wait for FireRed! Or LeafGreen!

Kento Kasha
08-27-2004, 12:55 AM
Before you do anything, answer this one question:

Have you restarted and it's happened every time, or something to that effect?

If you have, your Red version is defected, and if not, maybe it's a one-time glitch. You have two options:

1) Invest about $10 (with/without s & h if you Ebay it) in a new Red.
2) Invest about $35 in a brand new FireRed or LeafGreen and get a wireless adapter too.

Now, this is more or less a personal choice. If you're a real game fan and you want to have a Red version, go and buy it, but if you don't care or want both, go ahead and wait on Red and buy FR or LG as soon as you can.

-KK

Alakazam
08-27-2004, 10:59 AM
Pokémon Red is a fickle old game, and many glitches can pop up from time-to-time. My Red Version is so badly messed up that there's only a 60% chance that the save file will still be there the next time I play the game...

gold
08-27-2004, 02:58 PM
34 missingno :twisted: Now the elite 4 all have articuno's on lv.1 with thunder.

Alakazam
08-27-2004, 03:13 PM
34 missingno :twisted: Now the elite 4 all have articuno's on lv.1 with thunder.

See? That's just what I mean. Red Version can get f-ed up beyond belief...

SnowTiger
08-27-2004, 05:28 PM
My blue got so bad that whenever I went to the Elite 4 and I battled them they all had rattatta at lv.100!

AshMistyMayfan
08-27-2004, 05:47 PM
I finally found out what happened:

For some reason, box 6 totally got F ed, I got MIssingnos beyond belief. I actually withdrew one of them, which was a level 98 Spearow, and it evolved, but the game then treated it like a traded Pokemon. THen for some reason, my Pokemon on boxes one and two VANISHED, I got no Jigglypuff, Nidorans, or my Pidgey which I had to recapture a level 20 Pidgey. I just work with boxes 3-5 and 7 just in case boxes 1 and 2 are messed up. THe game acted up when I tried saving Safari Pokemon onto box 6, which was why it coughed and signed off.

I tried the Mew code where to avoid those 2 trainers, worked like an easy charm! Too bad it won't have it on Fire Red, but never know since it is easy to duck those trainers.

gold
08-29-2004, 02:28 PM
I finally found out what happened:

For some reason, box 6 totally got F ed, I got MIssingnos beyond belief. I actually withdrew one of them, which was a level 98 Spearow, and it evolved, but the game then treated it like a traded Pokemon. THen for some reason, my Pokemon on boxes one and two VANISHED, I got no Jigglypuff, Nidorans, or my Pidgey which I had to recapture a level 20 Pidgey. I just work with boxes 3-5 and 7 just in case boxes 1 and 2 are messed up. THe game acted up when I tried saving Safari Pokemon onto box 6, which was why it coughed and signed off.

I tried the Mew code where to avoid those 2 trainers, worked like an easy charm! Too bad it won't have it on Fire Red, but never know since it is easy to duck those trainers.

Then there's no need to continue this thread.

locked* ...I wish.

The End
09-19-2004, 02:49 PM
Meh, Red kinda sucks anyway. Mine is in Good Condition, because I keep it on its feet by reseting it every couple of weeks. ;]

Alakazam
09-19-2004, 11:59 PM
']Meh, Red kinda sucks anyway. Mine is in Good Condition, because I keep it on its feet by reseting it every couple of weeks. ;]

Alex, do you even like Pokemon? You've so far decreed that Red, Ruby, and Sapphire are all crap. Which games DO you like?

The End
09-20-2004, 03:53 PM
Yes, Pokemon is all good and fun, I was speaking from the standpoint of graphics, which were good for its time, and the play speed. Though it was a great game from the storyline standpoint, the gameplay itself lacked what was needed to get people to continue playin it to this day. That is just IMO though, really. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And when I behold my gameboy playin red, I cant do it very long because of such repetiveness they had.

gold
09-21-2004, 05:26 PM
This is a revived topic.
Never revive topics. :evil: