PDA

View Full Version : Anyone caught Celebi?

the1
04-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Has anyone done it here? And how did it happen?

I've also heard a rumour that some people have found Celebi from the forest,but it appears really rarely.But it's only a rumour,isn't it?

spr bhav
04-16-2007, 03:25 PM
In japan, you can get a GS ball, place it on the shine in the forest and celebi flies down at lvl30, that is true.

Ness
04-16-2007, 05:58 PM
If anyone tells you that they caught a Celebi from the English version of GSC without use of a Gameshark is a liar. It is not possible to catch Celebi in English GSC without the use of a Gameshark.

spr bhav
04-16-2007, 06:02 PM
If anyone tells you that they caught a Celebi from the English version of GSC without use of a Gameshark is a liar. It is not possible to catch Celebi in English GSC without the use of a Gameshark.
i thought i saw the english crystal can catch celebi w/e cheating... maybe that was wrong or you are =/

Ness
04-16-2007, 06:20 PM
i thought i saw the english crystal can catch celebi w/e cheating... maybe that was wrong or you are =/

If this is true that is news to me. I'm not saying it isn't possible (people found out how to catch Mew in RBY through a glitch) but I haven't seen anything that has been confirmed about catching Celebi.

spr bhav
04-16-2007, 06:21 PM
If this is true that is news to me. I'm not saying it isn't possible (people found out how to catch Mew in RBY through a glitch) but I haven't seen anything that has been confirmed about catching Celebi.
yeah only a website said but i seen many vids of Japanise ones seeing celebi's through the method i said..

Ness
04-16-2007, 06:31 PM
yeah only a website said but i seen many vids of Japanise ones seeing celebi's through the method i said..

Oh of course. It is very possible to get a Celebi in the Japanese versions without cheating (as you said you need to get the GS Ball), but in the English version there is no way to get the GS Ball which means no Celebi.

EDIT: I thought I'd post this too to show the GS Ball in use. To avoid confusion this is the English version but Gameshark was used to get the GS Ball.

http://i13.tinypic.com/2ns0r5z.gif

spr bhav
04-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Oh of course. It is very possible to get a Celebi in the Japanese versions without cheating (as you said you need to get the GS Ball), but in the English version there is no way to get the GS Ball which means no Celebi.

EDIT: I thought I'd post this too to show the GS Ball in use. To avoid confusion this is an English translation of the Japanese version.

http://i13.tinypic.com/2ns0r5z.gif
that must've been the one i saw -_-

MagmarMan
04-16-2007, 08:45 PM
I wonder why they took the GS Ball out of the English G/S/C?

Ness
04-16-2007, 09:03 PM
I wonder why they took the GS Ball out of the English G/S/C?

Actually I was a little wrong. The picture I provided was actually from the English version of Crystal. However, this was only made possible by using Gameshark to get a GS Ball then by using another code to allow Kurt to look at the ball. The game is still programmed to allow you to find Celebi at Ilex Forest but there is no way naturally possible to get the GS Ball without using Gameshark in the English version.

In the Japanese version there was some sort of mobile phone feature that allowed you to get the GS Ball which was never made available in North America.

Ryouko
04-16-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm pritty sure you cant exept with the way u guyz are talking about, if so then i've never heard of it.:ermm:

Spinner
04-17-2007, 11:44 AM
If you want to get Celebi in GSC in the English version, and without cheating, you have to go to one of Nintendo's "Special events", and get it from them. Pretty sucky really...:razz:

Ness
04-17-2007, 09:08 PM
If you want to get Celebi in GSC in the English version, and without cheating, you have to go to one of Nintendo's "Special events", and get it from them. Pretty sucky really...:razz:

Doubt there will be any of those for GSC anymore though.

MagmarMan
04-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Doubt there will be any of those for GSC anymore though.

I don't think that they'll even do them for the Ru/Sa pokemon. They'll be focusing on diamond and pearl.

Ness
04-17-2007, 11:16 PM
I don't think that they'll even do them for the Ru/Sa pokemon. They'll be focusing on diamond and pearl.

No... RSE/FRLG is now a thing of the past unfortunately. Any future hope would be some kind of 'Pokemon Retro Tour' (which they actually kind of did for their 10th anniversary) but the soonest we'll see another one like that is the 15th anniversary... if at all :ermm:.

spr bhav
04-18-2007, 10:00 PM
I would never go to an Event for old games and play the Old Games as the external battery runs and all is gone...

Ness
04-19-2007, 02:49 AM
I would never go to an Event for old games and play the Old Games as the external battery runs and all is gone...

You mean internal. But yea that can be a problem. Luckily it's easy enough to fix and finding a guide isn't very difficult.

trogdor229
04-19-2007, 02:52 AM
i have

shinycelebi
04-20-2007, 08:52 AM
I have too,NOT using a gameshark,but a glitch.:biggrin: So far,the glitch hasn't messed up my game,and I used it one and a half years ago.I remember "selling" the glitch to my cousins for 20 dollars.:cool:

darksage78
04-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Could you enlighten us on the glitch for free?

shinycelebi
04-29-2007, 08:28 AM
Could you enlighten us on the glitch for free?

As if!Pay me $30 first!Oh yeah,trogdor229,how did you catch Celebi?:eh: