PDA

View Full Version : Spy Worm problems.

Strawberry Maelstrom
04-17-2007, 01:26 AM
I've been having TERRIBLE computer problems. Can anybody help me track down the sources and stop them?

HTTP PigSearch Activity from your machine was blocked.
Intruder: 67.3.193.240
Risk Level: High
Protocol: TCP
Attacked IP: 218.12.196.140
Attacked Port: http(80)

Some of you may know, my computer occasionally blacks out. Whenever it does, this message coincidently pops up five minutes before. My computer blocks it, but shuts down anyway and says it recovered from a Serious Error.

BeserkerFury
04-17-2007, 01:34 AM
Man,for a miniute I thought that was my IP,but mines barely diffrent,anyway,when I go on some sites it will say "Error in port 80",does yours,if so that may have something to do with it.

Strawberry Maelstrom
04-17-2007, 01:39 AM
Man,for a miniute I thought that was my IP,but mines barely diffrent,anyway,when I go on some sites it will say "Error in port 80",does yours,if so that may have something to do with it.
No, my Antivirus just pops up saying it blocked the program. Then my comp restarts a few minutes later.

BeserkerFury
04-17-2007, 01:42 AM
Oh,well,whats your anti-virus?One of my friends has one that pops things up that isn't there,I think its something Scooper,or something

Strawberry Maelstrom
04-17-2007, 01:46 AM
Oh,well,whats your anti-virus?One of my friends has one that pops things up that isn't there,I think its something Scooper,or something
Norton Antivirus. A small flag pops up with the message.

BeserkerFury
04-17-2007, 01:57 AM
I have the 2007 version of Norton,2006 version always messed up for me so I just upgraded.Maby that will help,iif you have the 2006 version

LordZangoose
04-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Norton Antivirus. A small flag pops up with the message.

That's why. I used to have Norton, and it's one of the worst ones you can get. It really doesn't guard against anything very well, so I would reccomend getting a new version. McAfree works well.

Nirvash
04-17-2007, 08:33 PM
That's why. I used to have Norton, and it's one of the worst ones you can get. It really doesn't guard against anything very well, so I would reccomend getting a new version. McAfree works well.

McAfee restricts everything from my friend. If you move your mouse and click too fast, it blocks. If too slow, it blocks. He's blocked from some programs, such as IE (doesn't know about FF), AIM, games like Pinball and Minesweeper, etc. Other times, he isn't. I WOULD NOT reccomend this. :P

I use AdWare. It's ok for me. But it doesn't catch everything. So try other things too. :P

LordZangoose
04-17-2007, 08:35 PM
McAfee restricts everything from my friend. If you move your mouse and click too fast, it blocks. If too slow, it blocks. He's blocked from some programs, such as IE (doesn't know about FF), AIM, games like Pinball and Minesweeper, etc. Other times, he isn't. I WOULD NOT reccomend this. :P

I use AdWare. It's ok for me. But it doesn't catch everything. So try other things too. :P

Maybe that's what he has his settings on. Mine has a SiteAdvisor system on the Internet so I know what is bad for the computer, and what does no harm. It also deleted most of the old left-over viruses from Norton. I have never had any problems with McAfree.

Nirvash
04-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Maybe that's what he has his settings on. Mine has a SiteAdvisor system on the Internet so I know what is bad for the computer, and what does no harm. It also deleted most of the old left-over viruses from Norton. I have never had any problems with McAfree.
He can't set his settings. It's his dad's decision. :P

Lucavi
04-17-2007, 09:39 PM
try to get a full anti-spyware program to get rid of it. Search 'n destroy or AdAware are the ones i recommend the most

Strawberry Maelstrom
04-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Okay, I fixed the problem(Sort of). I upgraded my Norton Antivirus and also found out that whenever the pop-up occurs, I'm moving the mouse while the computer is still logging on. I'll post a new thread if the problem re-occurs.

*Lock Please*