PDA

View Full Version : shortage of fire pokemon

dialggron
04-17-2007, 05:55 PM
in the sinnoh dex by it self, the are chimchar, monferno, infernape, ponyta, rapidash, magby, magmar, and magmortar. and if you dont have leafgreen, you cant get the last three if my research is right. am i right or wrong?

thirty-six
04-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Magby, Magmar and Mag3 aren't part of the Sinnoh dex. So it just leaves Chimchar and Ponyta.

dialggron
04-17-2007, 06:21 PM
exactly my point. why dont they make more fire pokemon?

spr bhav
04-17-2007, 06:39 PM
exactly my point. why dont they make more fire pokemon?
They can't be bothered XD, or the sprites are too hard for them XD.

Ness
04-17-2007, 07:16 PM
Better idea is to make the Fire Pokemon they already have usable :susp:. Even with the changes of D/P, most Fire Pokemon really aren't that good.

Fire Pkmn Master
04-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Im mad that there is only Chimchar+Evolutions, Ponyta+Evolution and Magmortar in the game. Aslo Heatren.
Thats why Im not going to use any of them and just bring my Loyal Arcanine with me.

spr bhav
04-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Better idea is to make the Fire Pokemon they already have usable :susp:. Even with the changes of D/P, most Fire Pokemon really aren't that good.
true, only good ones i can think of is Charizard, Blaziken... ermm.... :tongue:

Kenny
04-17-2007, 07:23 PM
Fire Pokemon suck. The best is Arcanine, I think. That Infernape is a rip-off Blaziken.

charmeleonblaze
04-17-2007, 07:26 PM
There are lots of good fire pokemon; what are you guys talking about?!:ermm:

Fire Pkmn Master
04-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Fire Pokemon do not suck. There are a lot of people here that can back me up on that. There are people here who love Charizard, Typhlosion, Entei Houdoon, Flareon and a lot of other Fire types. Especially Arcanine.
I know its in you opinion but they dont suck.

charmeleonblaze
04-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Fire Pokemon do not suck. There are a lot of people here that can back me up on that. There are people here who love Charizard, Typhlosion, Entei Houdoon, Flareon and a lot of other Fire types. Especially Arcanine.
Yeah, I'll also make a list of good ones. Theyre my fave type!
Charizard, Typhlosion, Blaziken, Infernape, Arcainine, Ninetails, Flareon, Houndoom, Camerupt, Solrock(well, it's alright), Moltres(Yes, I know, it's a legendary), Entei(also legendary), Ho-Oh9once again, legendary), Magmar, Magmortar, Ponyta, Rapidash. There's so many awwesome ones.

Ness
04-17-2007, 07:52 PM

Charizard, Typhlosion, Blaziken, Infernape, Arcainine, Ninetails, Flareon, Houndoom, Camerupt, Solrock(well, it's alright), Moltres(Yes, I know, it's a legendary), Entei(also legendary), Ho-Oh9once again, legendary), Magmar, Magmortar, Ponyta, Rapidash. There's so many awwesome ones.

Just because you like them and they look cool doesn't make them great. Sure, they can be very good if you are just playing the storyline but when you play competitively, their typing and movepool for almost all of them really hurt them bad. They have a weakness to 3 very common types: Rock, Ground, and Water which make them very difficult to keep alive. Anything that they can do, other Pokemon with Fire moves can do better for the most part (such as taking care of Steels for example). Their movepools are really limited and D/P didn't help a lot with that either. Now with there being some physical fire moves you'd think that help Pokemon like Flareon or Rapidash who have high Attack, but there isn't really that many great moves that will make them stand out in competitive play (which will be far more accesable now with WiFi).

Fire Pokemon are very cool and have a mysterious appeal to them, but when it comes down to competitive play, they hurt and hurt bad :ermm:.

dialggron
04-17-2007, 07:55 PM

yeah but how many of those can you get in sinnoh before you get the national dex and get to the elite four?

Kenny
04-17-2007, 07:57 PM
I used to think Charizard is cool, but it's actually not. Its stats make it seem as though it is based on sepcial sweeping, but its special movepool sucks. I guess it might be better on D/P though since they re-categorized special and physical attacks.

Blaziken's alright. I still use it sometimes. Ninetails can make a decent annoyer with the Confuse Ray/Toxic/Fire Spin combo. Houndoom is cool, too. I forgot about him. Still, Arcanine is the best. There's not much else that's good though. I'll check out Magmar's new evolution.

spr bhav
04-17-2007, 07:57 PM
yeah but many of those can you get in sinnoh before you get the national dex and get to the elite four?
nope, you have to transfer... also, it is better to pick Chimchar, like i am, :crackup:, I heard you can find a ponyta early in the game..

Fire Pkmn Master
04-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Just because you like them and they look cool doesn't make them great. Sure, they can be very good if you are just playing the storyline but when you play competitively, their typing and movepool for almost all of them really hurt them bad. They have a weakness to 3 very common types: Rock, Ground, and Water which make them very difficult to keep alive. Anything that they can do, other Pokemon with Fire moves can do better for the most part (such as taking care of Steels for example). Their movepools are really limited and D/P didn't help a lot with that either. Now with there being some physical fire moves you'd think that help Pokemon like Flareon or Rapidash who have high Attack, but there isn't really that many great moves that will make them stand out in competitive play (which will be far more accesable now with WiFi).

Fire Pokemon are very cool and have a mysterious appeal to them, but when it comes down to competitive play, they hurt and hurt bad :ermm:.

I really dont care. I was saying that there not bad and they are good. So what if there weak against 3 types. I really dont care. Fire pokemon to me are the best IMO, but I dont use them like crazy. I only use one out of all the Fire pokemon and there's always one stronger than the other. :sleepy:

dialggron
04-17-2007, 08:05 PM
nope, you have to transfer... also, it is better to pick Chimchar, like i am, :crackup:, I heard you can find a ponyta early in the game..

sorry i ment to say how many
compared to water types , there is a few amount of fire pokemon, very few

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-17-2007, 08:07 PM
I love how Rapidash gets playable though...

It can relearn Megahorn and Poison Jab, and by LV Up, it can learn Flare Blitz, a fire-type, physical Double-Edge.

And Infernape is actually very good... It can be a special or physical sweeper.

Ness
04-17-2007, 08:13 PM

It can relearn Megahorn and Poison Jab, and by LV Up, it can learn Flare Blitz, a fire-type, physical Double-Edge.

Yeah, Rapidash I think will be a monster CBer... provided you can manage to switch it in. Since it's a Fire-Type Pokemon, you will have a pretty hard time trying to switch it in.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-17-2007, 08:17 PM
Yeah, Rapidash I think will be a monster CBer... provided you can manage to switch it in. Since it's a Fire-Type Pokemon, you will have a pretty hard time trying to switch it in.

Unless you stash him away as a late game sweeper, or Baton Pass him out after Bulk Up or Calm Mind for a defensive increase.

Dragon trainner guy
04-17-2007, 08:18 PM
to me i think us fire type luvers got screwed compared to other types we didnt even get a new kind of fire type besides chimchar but o well fire types will always brun hard plus with the new thing with fire types able to learn sum grass moves gives us the up on water types
so i say bring it on water luvers us fire types are gonna hit hard

Ness
04-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Unless you stash him away as a late game sweeper, or Baton Pass him out after Bulk Up or Calm Mind for a defensive increase.

Yes this could work. Make sure the Baton Passer is slower than the opponent though.

Fire Pkmn Master
04-17-2007, 08:21 PM
to me i think us fire type luvers got screwed compared to other types we didnt even get a new kind of fire type besides chimchar but o well fire types will always brun hard plus with the new thing with fire types able to learn sum grass moves gives us the up on water types
so i say bring it on water luvers us fire types are gonna hit hard

I agree and very true.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-17-2007, 08:26 PM
Yes this could work. Make sure the Baton Passer is slower than the opponent though.

Hmmm... Medicham? He can learn Bulk and Calm...

Kenny
04-17-2007, 08:28 PM

Blaziken's better than Infernape. It just has lower speed.

Dragon trainner guy
04-17-2007, 08:34 PM
only thing i realli hate is how they made another fire/fighter starter they chloud of least made sumthing like a fire/bug or wutever u noe or a fire/grass since they uping sum fire pokemon with the grass moves

dialggron
04-17-2007, 08:57 PM
only thing i realli hate is how they made another fire/fighter starter they chloud of least made sumthing like a fire/bug or wutever u noe or a fire/grass since they uping sum fire pokemon with the grass moves

yeah i thought that was kinda i rip-off. they could even make the effort to to make a new type combo.especialy when theres already a starter whith that type combo

charmeleonblaze
04-17-2007, 08:59 PM
I agree and very true.

I also agree very much.:wink:

Poltergeist
04-17-2007, 09:30 PM
The only new fire poekmon in this game are chimchar and his evos, magmortar and the fire/steel legendary. I'm curious did nintendo even notice their shortage of fire pokemon or just overlook it? I hoping in the next game Nintendo will make plenty more fire pokemon to make up for this but who knows.

Pika-pika
04-17-2007, 09:34 PM
No fire pokes in Sinnoh, and I ain't gettin that drunken monkey. So I'm gonna use my Blaziken.

Blue_Dragon_Mew
04-17-2007, 11:49 PM
There aren't many new fires, and I don't like any. I'll probably just send my loyal Charizard over as my fire.

mootixguy
04-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Only the Fire starter Pokemon are good, IMO. And Ninetales, I like Ninetales!

And Magmortar seems cool, especially the difficulty in which you get it. I plan to get hold of Firered somehow and try to get it for my party.

Razzmatazz
04-18-2007, 01:08 PM

And Magmortar seems cool, especially the difficulty in which you get it. I plan to get hold of Firered somehow and try to get it for my party.

You have to trade to evolve Magmar though, so be sure to find someone trustworthy.

It is kind of weird that the only new Fire types are the Starter, Magmortar, and a Legendary, Heatran. Oh well - Skuntank learns Flamethrower at level 34, he'll be my Fire type.

:rambo:

NinjaDuelist
04-18-2007, 01:31 PM
The lack of fire Pokemon does seem a bit disappointing, but I usually don't have one on my team. I'll let my Blissey learn Flamethrower or something to make up for it.

dialggron
04-18-2007, 04:19 PM

you have have to use leaf green to get him, which i dont have. im set to get electible

DeadlySin7
04-18-2007, 09:48 PM
There isnt a lot of dark or ghost types either...

Also, I got a Black Charizard lvl 93...I might be able to clone him on emerald.

MagmarMan
04-18-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm either going to teach a psychic type a fire move (not fire punch:goofy: ) or I'll trade over a Chimchar. I don't really want a Rapidash or I would just get her.

mootixguy
04-20-2007, 01:17 PM
you have have to use leaf green to get him, which i dont have. im set to get electible
Oh yeah, confused it with Electivire since I'm planning to get both, they both kick ass, one physical, one special.

I have an opposite plight: I have only LG. But my cousin, who is childish and selfish, has FR. And I actually want Electivire more than Magmortar, since Electric types are IMO more useful.

MustangGT
04-20-2007, 09:26 PM
All us fire lovers got screwed in these games, at this rate Fire types are gonna rank up there with Dragon types in terms of rarity

im bringin my Arcanine and Ninetales over ASAP

mootixguy
04-21-2007, 06:52 AM
All us fire lovers got screwed in these games, at this rate Fire types are gonna rank up there with Dragon types in terms of rarity

im bringin my Arcanine and Ninetales over ASAP
Yeah. There're so many Dragons in this game. I guess they had a different emphasis this game. There're more Ice, Ghost and Dragon Pokemon in this game. Ice because Sinnoh is largely a snowy area. Dragons are always cool to have. Why not? Give other types a chance =)

Kenny
04-21-2007, 03:26 PM
I think there are more water types than any other type in Pokemon games.

Espeon EX
04-21-2007, 03:31 PM
I know, there are only some fire types in all 4 eregions, I'm thinking of a fire pokemon that has a volcano on it...yeah, or maybe even a phoenix would be great. Like a little fire bird, than it evolves into a bigger one.

Linoone
04-21-2007, 03:47 PM
I know, there are only some fire types in all 4 eregions, I'm thinking of a fire pokemon that has a volcano on it...yeah, or maybe even a phoenix would be great. Like a little fire bird, than it evolves into a bigger one.

A fire/ground pokemon that has a volcano is Camerupt

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-21-2007, 03:51 PM
A fire/ground pokemon that has a volcano is Camerupt

And, save for it's poor Speed, Camerupt is quite good.

Sequence
04-21-2007, 07:20 PM
It's a shame, fire types were my favourite when I just started out on blue. Thank god for wifi trading, because I don't have any of the advance games. Or people to trade with in person. :confused:

the_wolf
04-21-2007, 11:02 PM
I'm not to fond of the what,2, options in the sinnoh dex post elite four? (ponyta,chimchar) so i'll just use a skuntank with flamethrower for all my fire needs. I was going to use him anyway,so why not put a awesome fire attack on him.

legendarychamp22
04-22-2007, 02:41 AM
Fire Pokemon suck. The best is Arcanine, I think. That Infernape is a rip-off Blaziken.
I know, blaziken looks hella better.

dialggron
04-22-2007, 03:35 AM
I'm not to fond of the what,2, options in the sinnoh dex post elite four? (ponyta,chimchar) so i'll just use a skuntank with flamethrower for all my fire needs. I was going to use him anyway,so why not put a awesome fire attack on him.

yea i just realized it probabley better to use a non fire pokemon with fire moves so water pokemon couldent effect a good team.... that make me think:eh: anyways look at the elite four fire guy's team XD

Xd=constipated

StarStruck
04-22-2007, 03:51 AM
You guys completely forgot about Flareon. . Which is by far my favorite fire type. . Perhaps next to Typhlosion. I'll personally be sending over a cyndaquil from Leaf Green. . Also, a shiny Pidgeottoe I cheated for, a Bagon, and a. . a. . something I forgot. . Oh, A Spheal* I've already taught them certain moves

Aerial Ace
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Water Pulse

There all lvl 6, but pidgeotto. . I don't know for sure if I will transfer them, could you transfer them from the start of the game?

dialggron
04-22-2007, 03:57 AM
if you magicly see all 150 pokemon in the sinnoh dex at the start and get to the pal park 10 towns away, than yeah, you could

if you take it like im being mean, im just jokin around
:oops:

mootixguy
04-22-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm regretting my choice to restart my Emerald and choose Sceptile over Blaziken. I'm choosing Torterra anyway so Sceptile's useless. But now, Blaziken seems like the best Fire Pokemon ever. Haha.

I want Magmortar, but it's going to take a helluva time to get!

Catch Magmar in FRLG > Go to some small area > Put LG in > Try find the super rare Magby > Thief to get the super rare evolution thing > Attach it to Magmar in FRLG > Trade it to DP

Wait. Does Pal Park count as a trade in terms of evolving Pokemon?

Razzmatazz
04-22-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm regretting my choice to restart my Emerald and choose Sceptile over Blaziken. I'm choosing Torterra anyway so Sceptile's useless. But now, Blaziken seems like the best Fire Pokemon ever. Haha.

I want Magmortar, but it's going to take a helluva time to get!

Catch Magmar in FRLG > Go to some small area > Put LG in > Try find the super rare Magby > Thief to get the super rare evolution thing > Attach it to Magmar in FRLG > Trade it to DP

Wait. Does Pal Park count as a trade in terms of evolving Pokemon?

How do you think you're going to sttack that thing to Magmar in FR/LG? Pal Park is one way - you have to send Magmar into D/P, then attach it, then hope you can find someone who will trade to evolve it and give it back after.

:rambo:

Akiyama
04-22-2007, 12:01 PM
It's weird that there aren't many fire pokemon. It disappoints me because usually having a good fire pokemon can be essential to having a good team.