PDA

View Full Version : Favorite DP Feature

Starmie
04-18-2007, 05:35 AM
What do you like best?

I think for me it's the Super Contests and the Day/Night feature.

mootixguy
04-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Nice thread. Sticky please!

My favourite is the Poketch! I've said this to everyone I know by now. I mean, just look at the 20+ functions! They're actually useful, unlike the Pokenav functions. Step counter and hit counter will help EV training and egg hatching a lot. The clock and calculator are always useful. I've forgotten many of the functions but it will definitely make the gaming experience much better, especially since it's just on the bottom screen, so accessible.

Razzmatazz
04-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Nice thread. Sticky please!

... No?

Anyway, my favorite feature will have to be the Day and Night coming back - it'll make it feel like I'm playing good ol' Gold and Silver again.

:rambo:

Dark Charzard
04-18-2007, 02:16 PM
I like the wifi feature :biggrin:

spr bhav
04-18-2007, 02:59 PM
WiFi, day- night... much more...

dialggron
04-18-2007, 04:36 PM
although it looks annoying, i like the snow feature up and around snowpoint? city.that blizzard at night time looks very treacherous.

Fire Pkmn Master
04-18-2007, 04:39 PM
I love every new feature. I love the 3D look, Day/Night, the Super Contest, Wifi, the Snow, and especially Pal park.
There are a lot of features that we havent see and get to try out.

Sinnoh_Champion
04-18-2007, 06:31 PM
I like... all of the above!

Except for the Pal Park though. The reason i don't like it that much is because in my
Leaf Green I caught Mewtwo with a Master ball. I used a Master ball because i wanted to use a special ball for a special pokemon. and now at the pal park, my Mewtwo is going to be caught with a plain, simple, common park ball.

Now every time Mewtwo goes into battle he is going to be coming out of a freakin park ball, I mean c'mon!!!:mad: :snooty: :evil: :dazed: :sad:

Legendary Wolf
04-18-2007, 06:42 PM
Mines Wi-Fi Day/Night Poketch and more like the stickers on the Pokeballs xD.

Razzmatazz
04-18-2007, 06:53 PM

Except for the Pal Park though. The reason i don't like it that much is because in my
Leaf Green I caught Mewtwo with a Master ball. I used a Master ball because i wanted to use a special ball for a special pokemon. and now at the pal park, my Mewtwo is going to be caught with a plain, simple, common park ball.

Now every time Mewtwo goes into battle he is going to be coming out of a freakin park ball, I mean c'mon!!!:mad: :snooty: :evil: :dazed: :sad:

Well, it'll make you look good to people, saying "Look at me, I caught Mewtwo with a Pokeball, coo coo!"

Kenny
04-18-2007, 06:59 PM
Wi-Fi is the best thing. Finally, I can battle other people.

The Poketch is cool, too. I just hope you can actually re-adjust the clock this time.

Teni-chaan
04-18-2007, 08:38 PM
What do you like best?

I think for me it's the Super Contests and the Day/Night feature.

Ahh >< The whole game is awesome itself. But I'd have to say the most awesomest(thats a word right? D:) d/p feature are the contests =3

Legendary Wolf
04-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Ahh >< The whole game is awesome itself. But I'd have to say the most awesomest(thats a word right? D:) d/p feature are the contests =3

Yes I agree cant wait for the contests which in my opinion is better then going around looking for gyms like the last 3 gens.

Venusaur456
04-18-2007, 08:41 PM
I like the day/night feature and the Wi-Fi feature.

Teni-chaan
04-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Yes I agree cant wait for the contests which in my opinion is better then going around looking for gyms like the last 3 gens.

Yep thats true.
yay for awesome contests xD
but what I think is random is that one of ze challenges is to make your pokemon dance or something. Its like ...okayy then 0.o..but oh well =D

mjb4991
04-18-2007, 08:47 PM
My favorite feature is the Poketech. My favorite part of Poketech is the Step Counter (http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/poketch.shtml)and the Breeding Checker (http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/poketch.shtml).

DeadlySin7
04-18-2007, 09:22 PM
The breeding checker seems like a useful gadget. I also like the whole wifi trading thing...and who could forget the ledgendarys, theres like 6 in d/p.

Kenny
04-18-2007, 09:54 PM
The day-night feature isn't really considered that new - I heard it was also on GSC.

Bloody TC
04-18-2007, 09:57 PM
The day-night feature isn't really considered that new - I heard it was also on GSC.

Well it kind of is because it has day,night,dusk and others.It has newer ones instead of day then night,it has a complete day.
I really like everything new about the game.

MagmarMan
04-18-2007, 09:59 PM

It was.

I personally like the Wi-Fi. A new way to trade and battle!

Phantom Kat
04-18-2007, 10:38 PM
For me, it'll be the Day/Night (I've never played G/S/C) and the really cool 20+ functions of the Poketech. Really useful. :wink:

rebelde33
04-18-2007, 11:05 PM
I like the new weather events like the snow and the rain(even though we already have it in R/S) and the new 3D look. Acutally, I like everything. :)

Professor Geoffrey
04-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Everything... they put so much into that game... and we all want more! Pretty soon, they're going to be converting the games to PS2 since it's going to have SO much.

catch em all
04-18-2007, 11:35 PM
Everything... they put so much into that game... and we all want more! Pretty soon, they're going to be converting the games to PS2 since it's going to have SO much.

U mean the Wii ps2 is sony and nintendo is not gonna make a pokemon game for sony thier competitors.

mootixguy
04-19-2007, 12:13 PM

Uh, I heard that the Pokemon will be displayed in their original balls after you catch them.

Bloody TC
04-19-2007, 12:27 PM
Oh I also like the new weather system with the snow and all.

ARCANINE911
04-19-2007, 04:18 PM
evevry thing is great in a way and somethings are not but hopefully they make one for the wii

spr bhav
04-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Oh I also like the new weather system with the snow and all.
Does it affect you such as make you walk slower or something?

Dragon trainner guy
04-19-2007, 05:42 PM
my faviorite feature is the calulator in the game with out it the game would suck:goofy:

everything about it is great its wut everyone wanted in pokemon so its a perfect 10

Seda
04-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Wi-Fi, 2 screens and night/day.... :tongue:

Razzmatazz
04-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Does it affect you such as make you walk slower or something?

I think some kinds of snow spaces make you walk slowly, some bring you to a total stop, and I think all snow prevents the Bike from being used.

Sinnoh_Champion
04-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Uh, I heard that the Pokemon will be displayed in their original balls after you catch them.

Really?:surp: YESSSSSSSSS!!!

Lonsie
04-19-2007, 06:41 PM
I don't see much of D/P's new features (and old one's like Day/Night) that aren't to love! ^^

But I am a fan of Super Contests!

Pervival_Cox
04-19-2007, 07:11 PM
I'm in love with the fact that day/night is back. XD I really love that feature. The trading system is also really cool.

But I haven't seen many of the new features. I'm trying to keep myself in suspense for when the game comes out. XD

Pika-pika
04-19-2007, 08:43 PM
WiFi and the return of Day/Night. Also, I like how the day of the week effects what pokemon are there again. But I don't see why everyone thinks Super Contests are great. Dancing pokemon and dress up?! Contests are about strategies, and they crammed a bunch of stupid mini games in.

mjb4991
04-19-2007, 08:45 PM
I like the running shoes. Though they are not new they are improved. On GameFAQs I heard you can run anywhere.:angel: In the other games you could only run outside.:cry:

Caecity
04-19-2007, 08:51 PM
I like the Day/Nite, mostly everything else.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Day and Night is wicked, weather effects staying is wicked... Running Shoes returning is wicked...

But the very best? Definitely the triumphant return of the VS Seeker! :biggrin:

Bloody TC
04-19-2007, 08:57 PM
But the very best? Definitely the triumphant return of the VS Seeker! :biggrin:

It is,I didn't know about that,cool.Also you can run in the poke center unlike before?

Pika-pika
04-19-2007, 09:07 PM
It is,I didn't know about that,cool.Also you can run in the poke center unlike before?
Umm dude, are you just saying the poke center, because you can't run indoors period, less it's a place inhabited by wild pokemon.

mjb4991
04-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Umm dude, are you just saying the poke center, because you can't run indoors period, less it's a place inhabited by wild pokemon.

No, they made it so you can run indoors.Click here (http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/925601/45021) for proof. Scroll about 1/3 down.

Bligue
04-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Yes super Wi-fi!!!!!!!!!!!

mootixguy
04-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Wow, Running Shoes with unlimited power and VS Seeker! WHOOP! They seem to have combined the best features of the previous games together in two titanic games, D and P!

WifiFX
04-20-2007, 01:08 PM
The new trading system is pretty cool!!! And I like how when you're chasing legendaries(like we used to chase latias and latios) You can walk, While watching them move!!!