PDA

View Full Version : House

DratiniLover
04-18-2007, 08:21 PM
Do you watch House, and have you been watching the newest series?

DaRkUmBrEoN
04-18-2007, 08:24 PM
Nope, I kinda like to stay far away from drama...
Though, I heard that it was good to a certain degree.

*Continues to watch 24*

-]DU with a truck[-

Finchy
04-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Certainly have.

Hugh Laurie never came to me as a man that could star in a drama, but it turns out he suits it to perfection. After watching Stuart Little, I didn't think I could take him seriously. But the way he looks and the way he acts dramatically alters my outlook and, in my opinion, makes him perfect for the role.
It's something that makes me want to watch the next one which is something few TV shows can do to me. I just find the whole hospital thing a great idea for it. There's lots of them including ER and Holby City, but House is completely different and certainly a great watch.

FireflyK
04-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Nope, I kinda like to stay far away from drama...
Though, I heard that it was good to a certain degree.

*Continues to watch 24*

-]DU with a truck[-

House! -squees-
Haven't watched it in a while, but it used to be good/funny near the beginning. Hated the soap operah like episodes, though.
Meh, I like it (House is freaking amazing and chase is sooo funny) but I'm more of a Psyche person myself.

Seawolf
04-18-2007, 08:37 PM
The show is awesome, but it's probably the most inaccurate hospital drama out there - much more than Grey's. Most of the crap they show could never happen.

I love Hugh Laurie, though. He's great as that character, and he's not too bad looking. :o

Charbok
04-18-2007, 08:40 PM
House = Favorite TV Show followed by Scrubs, ANTM, and some other thing.
Last nights episode was awesome, and the one 2 weeks ago was awesomelyer.

Echo
04-19-2007, 09:47 AM
I thought this thread was about house music ._.

I used to watch the show, but it got too repetitive, so I stopped watching it.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Most of the crap they show could never happen.
Really? I don't know anything about medicine, but I thought the cases were based on real medical cases, and most of the procedures were shown accurately. (According to the commentaries on the first season DVD, anyway.) Unless you mean House's ability to take crazy chances and usually be right, in which case I probably agree. ^^;

House is my favourite show, (Hugh Laurie is amazing) but being in Australia, we're pretty behind. I think we're only about 1/3 through the third season, and knowing Aussie TV, we're going to start getting repeats soon so they can drag the season out for the whole year just like they did last season. =/

Silfa
04-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Really? I don't know anything about medicine, but I thought the cases were based on real medical cases, and most of the procedures were shown accurately. (According to the commentaries on the first season DVD, anyway.) Unless you mean House's ability to take crazy chances and usually be right, in which case I probably agree. ^^;

House is my favourite show, (Hugh Laurie is amazing) but being in Australia, we're pretty behind. I think we're only about 1/3 through the third season, and knowing Aussie TV, we're going to start getting repeats soon so they can drag the season out for the whole year just like they did last season. =/
I know what you mean about them dragging it out by adding in repeats here and there. I'm in Australia, too.

But I still love House! It's definitely one of my favourite shows. I think Hugh Laurie is a great actor and I'm amazed how he can keep up the accent, it sounds so different in real life.

DratiniLover
04-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Did any of you see the last one about the autistic kid, who ate sand that had racoon poo in it? He was trying to tell house that he could see worms when he looked at anything.

Fire Pkmn Master
04-19-2007, 04:18 PM
I only ever seen on episode where House went on the Airplaine and almost everyone started getting sick with some red spots on there backs, vommiting, because of the food they ate.

spr bhav
04-19-2007, 04:24 PM
I only ever seen on episode where House went on the Airplaine and almost everyone started getting sick with some red spots on there backs, vommiting, because of the food they ate.
wow... that's real nice ... :susp:

DratiniLover
04-20-2007, 02:43 PM

I didn't see that episode!

Charbok
04-20-2007, 09:08 PM
Did any of you see the last one about the autistic kid, who ate sand that had racoon poo in it? He was trying to tell house that he could see worms when he looked at anything.
That is a pretty old episode over on my side of the world. It was alright, not the best though.

SPOILERS (for australians): Actually, it was all in their heads. House proed that the only one who was actually sick was the original person. Great Episode though.

Finglonger
04-20-2007, 09:36 PM
House is one of the only shows I bother watching anymore...so damn good.

Even when the episodes aren't all that great I always want to watch it next week, even if only because Dr. House is the ******* man. Plus one of the dudes I watch it with is a medical student, we all get a kick out of it

KOR
04-20-2007, 11:03 PM
I love House. It's tied with Naruto/ Naruto Shippuuden as my favorite show.

wind_guardien
04-28-2007, 02:24 PM
The only t.v. shows I ever watch regularily are House and Hockey Night in Canada. House is easily the greatest fictional character ever created for a t.v. series. He's just so freakin' awesome!

Shen
04-28-2007, 02:34 PM
House is an awesome show. In a short time, he became a few of my friends' heroes, as well as one of my teacher's, and he continues to amaze me. He (usually) gets the right answers, has a vast range of knowledge, all the while continuing to be the biggest ass of all time! I can't get enough of the show, and I hope it continues for a long time.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-29-2007, 04:56 AM
and knowing Aussie TV, we're going to start getting repeats soon so they can drag the season out for the whole year just like they did last season.
Darn, I bet I jinxed it. xD Sure enough, Channel Ten are starting on the repeats this week and just when we were getting to the good part of Season 3, too. =|

Shady
04-29-2007, 05:03 AM
They're showing repeats again? -__-

Kinda good in a way, now I don't have to feel guilty for watching Heroes instead of House. xD

KOR
04-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Tomm there's a new episode. I'm so excited.

EspeonSun
04-29-2007, 07:49 PM
(I still can't get over the fact that in real life Hugh doesn't have an American accent....)
I can't wait to see it!!