PDA

View Full Version : Sinnoh>National transition

Steven
04-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Alright, I'm kind of confused on this subject, hopefully someone can clear this up.

To complete the Sinnoh Pokedex all you have to do is SEE all 150 needed to get the National Pokedex, but when you get the National Pokedex in order to complete it do you only have to SEE all pokemon or catch them, and does the sinnoh pokedex translate over as having all those 150 complete or will they all just transfer over as being seen and caught?

Example:

I caught 50 pokemon and saw 150 and completed the sinnoh dex

Then I got the national pokedex, would have only 50 pokemon towards that or will I have all 150 count towards my total as being captured and everything after that has to be traded or caught?

MagmarMan
04-20-2007, 12:04 AM
To complete a pokedex you have to catch all of the pokemon.

Steven
04-20-2007, 12:06 AM
To complete a pokedex you have to catch all of the pokemon.

You don't have to catch a single pokemon to complete the Sinnoh Pokedex. So that's false...

MagmarMan
04-20-2007, 12:07 AM
You don't have to catch a single pokemon to complete the Sinnoh Pokedex. So that's false...

Seeing a pokemon gets their picture in your pokedex but to get all of the information and get an entry, you need to capture the pokemon.

TayyabX
04-20-2007, 12:24 AM
You can find all the info on serebii...

Click here to see how to get national dex on D/P (http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/national.shtml)

And....
Click here to find out all the Pokemon you need to see to get the national dex (http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/shinoudex.shtml)

Hope this helps :happy:

Steven
04-20-2007, 12:28 AM

Click here to see how to get national dex on D/P (http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/national.shtml)

And....
Click here to find out all the Pokemon you need to see to get the national dex (http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/shinoudex.shtml)

Actually it doesn't, that's the first place I looked, it didn't have any info about it, it's actually what lead me to ask it in the first place.

Dialga913191
04-20-2007, 01:51 AM
u have to catch all of the pokemon to complete it.

MewCrystal
04-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Okay, In order to get the National Dex you have to do TWO things:

1. Beat the Elite Four
2. SEE all 150 Sinnoh Dex Pokemon. NOT CATCH THEM.
This excludes Manaphy, Shaymin, Arceus, Darkrai, and if I'm not mistaken, Phione.

spr bhav
04-20-2007, 03:52 PM
What about the other starters you will not see?

frondew
04-20-2007, 04:08 PM

your rival has a starter, and i think u see more from other trainers

i also think u need to see em all to use the wifi battle tower or something

Lonsie
04-20-2007, 04:15 PM

In D/P, all starters are taken by a trainer, but for the weak to your starter's evolutions, you'll have to battle someone (possibly ingame, more likely another person) to see them.

You simply need to see the first 150 pokemon in the Sinnoh dex and defeat the elite four to get the national dex, but you won't magically 'capture' them all if you only saw them.

EDIT: Yay! 1,00th Post!

spr bhav
04-20-2007, 04:46 PM
In D/P, all starters are taken by a trainer, but for the weak to your starter's evolutions, you'll have to battle someone (possibly ingame, more likely another person) to see them.

You simply need to see the first 150 pokemon in the Sinnoh dex and defeat the elite four to get the national dex, but you won't magically 'capture' them all if you only saw them.

EDIT: Yay! 1,00th Post!
congrats on your 1,000 post :wink:

Also, are the starter's trainers random, or are they 'rivel's?

Caecity
04-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Yea trainer and gyms.. the Second Gym has a Twigtug. So yea, just trainer you don'y have to CATCH everything just SEE.

spartan117
04-20-2007, 09:10 PM

And....

Ya it does help to me but how are we supposed to see like a Feebas and Milotic? Aren't they like mad hard to find?

Lonsie
04-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Ya it does help to me but how are we supposed to see like a Feebas and Milotic? Aren't they like mad hard to find?

There might be trainers in-game that have them, but if you look hard enough, you'll be able to see them in the wild, just be patient. :wink:

congrats on your 1,000 post :wink:

Also, are the starter's trainers random, or are they 'rivel's?

Thanks! ^^

Their are two rivals in D/P, the hot blonde one taking the starter strong to yours, and the opposite gender one taking the one weak to yours, I'm not sure if the one that is weak to yours ever evolves though.

spartan117
04-20-2007, 09:16 PM
There might be trainers in-game that have them, but if you look hard enough, you'll be able to see them in the wild, just be patient. :wink:

Thanks! ^^

Their are two rivals in D/P, the hot blonde one taking the starter strong to yours, and the opposite gender one taking the one weak to yours, I'm not sure if the one that is weak to yours ever evolves though.
Well than this will take some time before I will be able to trade.

Lord Voldemort
04-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Alright, I'm kind of confused on this subject, hopefully someone can clear this up.

To complete the Sinnoh Pokedex all you have to do is SEE all 150 needed to get the National Pokedex, but when you get the National Pokedex in order to complete it do you only have to SEE all pokemon or catch them, and does the sinnoh pokedex translate over as having all those 150 complete or will they all just transfer over as being seen and caught?

Example:

I caught 50 pokemon and saw 150 and completed the sinnoh dex

Then I got the national pokedex, would have only 50 pokemon towards that or will I have all 150 count towards my total as being captured and everything after that has to be traded or caught?

Seeing 150 Pokemon just unlocks the National Pokedex, but it's not actually completing it.
I think I helped, but the questionwas kind of confusing.

Steven
04-21-2007, 12:57 AM
Seeing 150 Pokemon just unlocks the National Pokedex, but it's not actually completing it.
I think I helped, but the questionwas kind of confusing.

Actually you're the only one who seemed to get the question. Lol, thanks. I'm sure I'll find out soon enough though.

mootixguy
04-21-2007, 10:51 AM

Thanks! ^^

They have to evolve, or else you won't get to unlock the Nat Dex will you? Unless you meet a normal trainer somewhere with a starter Pokemon, which would be really rare.

pixlepix
04-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Seeing a pokemon gets their picture in your pokedex but to get all of the information and get an entry, you need to capture the pokemon.

no it doesnt in d/p