PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: ThunderClan Role Play Chat

hogsbff
04-20-2007, 07:51 PM
Here anybody who had joined the roleplay can chat. People who have not please go sign up in the Warriors: ThunderClan Sign-Up thread.

We can discuss anything about the roleplay, the books will not be dicusses to much so that no people will be exposed to spoilers. However we can talk about the books in general like the characters and titles. When discussing the characters try not to say if that character died or had kits etc.

Enjoy chatting!

Leader: Cocoastar
Deputy: Ravenclaw (Apprentice: Waterpaw)
Medicine Cat: Iceflame (Soon to be Apprentice: Haltkit)
Elders: N/A
Senior Warriors: N/A
Queens: N/A
Warriors: Roseheart, Blackpelt, Lightningtail, Fireshadow(Apprentice: Adderpaw), Foxeyes
Apprentices: Waterpaw, Adderpaw
Kittens: Ashkit, Haltkit, Hawkkit
Kittypet: Tir

Attention: We will be starting the role play tomarrow!

hogsbff
04-20-2007, 07:54 PM
We were just chatting about the queens for the role play.

I will think about including some extra queens just becuase we might need some. This is not a promise though.

Tiana_M
04-21-2007, 02:02 AM
The Queen(s) could be NPC's instead of being actual characters couldn't they?

LordZangoose
04-21-2007, 02:08 AM
I know I haven't posted my sign-up yet, but I want to tell you that I didn't forget, I'm just having trouble sticking with one name or another.

EonMythos
04-21-2007, 02:18 AM
The Queen(s) could be NPC's instead of being actual characters couldn't they?

It would make sense, so they could be moved around by the players of the kittens or the others as needed.

Scourge of Amaranth
04-21-2007, 02:41 AM
It would make sense, so they could be moved around by the players of the kittens or the others as needed.
That could work well.

hogsbff
04-21-2007, 04:05 AM
I know I haven't posted my sign-up yet, but I want to tell you that I didn't forget, I'm just having trouble sticking with one name or another.

Okay maybe we can help you decide on one.

LordZangoose
04-21-2007, 04:17 AM
I'm between Onyxpaw, Slatepaw, Coalpaw, Duskpaw, Nightpaw, and Moonpaw.

Scourge of Amaranth
04-21-2007, 04:30 AM
Duskpaw?

EonMythos
04-21-2007, 07:55 AM
Duskpaw sounds cool, it rolls off your tongue nicely.

LordZangoose
04-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Do you guys like that? I planned him being a more balanced too, as opposed to the rock-'em-sock-'em fighting style of Adderpaw and the future Medicine Cat in Waterpaw. That way, the three apprentices would have a balance. The other thing is, Adderpaw is named for appearance, and I plan on my cat being very dark-colored, Dusk might fit him.

Scourge of Amaranth
04-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I like Duskpaw.

hogsbff
04-21-2007, 02:37 PM
I think we all like Duskpaw!

Tiana_M
04-22-2007, 06:08 AM
I like Duskpaw and Moonpaw but everyone seems to have said Duskpaw anyway.

Edit: Well I didn't want to double post so my suggestions to Rufus are here:

Rufus, that was a pitiful first post if I may say so. It was one line, and a short one at that. As far as I know from that post, your cat is a random cat in a random clearing that has no idea where it came from or where it is and has said "hey" as if it is lost and just hoping for any reply at all. Now, I assume that is not the case. Look at the rest of the RP, it's morning. You could, at the very least have your character wake up and stretch. But, you could also add some detail. What woke your character up? was it sunlight, or the soft murmer of Cocoastar and Ravenclaw chatting at the entrance of the den? Is your character hungry? If he/she is, are you going out to hunt on your own? or do you have an apprentice you could be training? What are the thoughts of your character at this time? Is he happy or sad? a grumpy morning cat or a good morning cat? Would he be annoyed at having been woken? There are any number of ways to add a little length and substance to that post. Keep in mind that you don't have to use any of the ideas I have given here, please feel free to come up with something that is completely yours.

I do not mean to insult at all and I am very sorry if I have, this is simply advice from an experienced RPer to someone who obviously has not done this before.

rufus6june
04-23-2007, 05:57 PM
Eh hem. Ive been role playing for a while and its usually hard too start off with big sentences. You have too get up a conversation and reason too have long posts.

EonMythos
04-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Yes, and that's why most the time you make up reasons to post long. Much like Tiana said, what woke your cat up? Who was he mewing a 'hey' to? What are his thoughts about the other characters? It doesn't have to be as long as my second post or Tiana's first one, just look at the introduction of my two cats, but usually more than five sentences is good. You second post was better. :happy:

Tiana_M
04-24-2007, 01:40 AM
I beg to differ. Did you see my post at all? I haven't even said hi to anyone yet and it was three whole paragraphs. Don't tell me you need to be in a conversation to get started.

CM
04-24-2007, 01:56 AM
is anyone esle gonna post in the rp?

Scourge of Amaranth
04-24-2007, 02:21 AM
I can't; I'm waiting for hogsbff to finish our conversation...

Shen
04-24-2007, 03:49 AM
Alright, I'll go ahead and post tomorrow morning.

silverdrop
04-24-2007, 04:33 AM
I would post, but I can't because hogs still hasn't approved of me yet.

Tiana_M
04-24-2007, 06:57 AM
Be patient, Silver, he hasn't been posting lately. I'm sure he'll come back soon. Until then just hold your cat in the bag for a little longer.

Free2Rhyme, if you also think that people need to be writing longer posts, why haven't you been writing longer posts yourself? If you're gonna comment on others making short posts, make sure you're not making the same mistake as them.:wink: And am I not writing long posts too?:sad: :rolleyes: On another note, your Haltkit is quite the smooth talker, very proper and using some pretty long words. Unusual in a kitten I'm sure. I like it though, it gives your character a funny quirk. Esp. 'cause he's using all the words completely correctly.

Crystal, I've noticed you are very direct in your writing. It doesn't all have to be cut and dry action and talking or nothing at all, extend what you write to include some description of how your characters feel emotionally, are they happy to see young kits that are having fun? what are they thinking about as they speak or act? add things like that and it'll help your writing for sure.

Everyone can use this tip: Even if you're having a conversation with someone, try to describe as much as you can, even if it's just your cat getting annoyed at waiting for so long for a response. We can't have everyone frozen in place talking to one another all the time. Show some kind of movement, whether your cats simply lay down where they are as they talk, or like Ravenclaw, his tail was twitching as he thought about something. No animal just sits there like a stone statue.

Make your characters act as life-like as possible, think of how real cats act and try to describe it to the best of your abilities. Obviously we are using personification to give the cats human-like responses to things, but it IS fiction, just try to make it as realistic and descriptive as possible.

What is it you think about every day? Try to apply those thoughts and actions to your character. Obviously if it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit, but take events and memories from your own life and project them onto the characters so that they have some kind of reaction to things, even if they're not said aloud to the rest of the characters.

Give your character a life all it's own and let us see it in the RP. That's what makes it fun. If all we're seeing is a bunch of conversations that are frozen in time with nothing to support their reality, it's gonna get boring VERY VERY quickly.

Ok that was a little more than one piece of advice. I got a little carried away. So sue me. Anyway, yeah have fun with it, get creative. Show some spark of LIFE in these characters.

Again, not trying to insult anyone, just trying to help make a fairly good RP into a GREAT RP.

Scourge of Amaranth
04-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Who should I have Ravenclaw bring? I don't want anyone to kill me for not brining them. ;-;

I don't remember... medicine cats are supposed to go to Moonstone too, right?

hogsbff
04-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Who should I have Ravenclaw bring? I don't want anyone to kill me for not brining them. ;-;

I don't remember... medicine cats are supposed to go to Moonstone too, right?

No, I don't think so. I just read the first book again where Firepaw, Graypaw, Ravenpaw, and Bluestar go to the Moon Stone and it dosen't say anything about Spottedleaf going with them.

silverdrop
04-25-2007, 10:57 PM
That's true.

TigerClaw went too.

Scourge of Amaranth
04-25-2007, 11:12 PM
I guess I'll bring Waterpaw and Fireshadow...?

Tiana_M
04-26-2007, 06:41 AM
I have a question, are apprentices chosen by the warriors as we did at the beginning of the RP or are they assigned by Cocoastar? 'cause I have to reply to Ashkit's question and I don't know the answer. I'll put something temporarily, but I'll probably edit once I get a reply.

EonMythos
04-26-2007, 07:46 AM
Actually, I'd like to know that as well. I've only read the first book, so I'm not very good with the dynamics of the Clans. It never actually mentioned in the first book how the apprentices got their mentors, because they all had mentors when we met with them. >.> The only thing I know is that Firepaw got chosen by Bluestar because he showed great potential for a kittypet.

Scourge of Amaranth
04-26-2007, 02:01 PM
The owner of the kit PM'd the owner of the warrior, and they worked it out. I suppose we're still doing that.

Tiana_M
04-26-2007, 05:41 PM
The owner of the kit PM'd the owner of the warrior, and they worked it out. I suppose we're still doing that.

I meant in the books, how did the kits become apprentices? Were the Warriors assigned an apprentice by the leader of the clan or did they choose their own apprentices like we're doing for the RP? I know how we did it, I'm asking if what I said in the RP to Ashkit about Warriors choosing their apprentices was appropriate according to the books. Remember I haven't read them I am just going by what I am seeing in the RP.

Shen
04-27-2007, 12:15 AM
In the books, the leader did choose the mentor for each apprentice when they knew the time came for the kit to be an apprentice, but it all depends on what hog says.

silverdrop
04-27-2007, 01:01 AM
He'll probably follow the books.

Tiana_M
04-27-2007, 02:49 AM
If he does then whoever plays the medicine cat might have to revoke the offer to make that one kit his/her apprentice. Won't they?

Hog, it might have been helpful if you had included some of this basic stuff in your description of the RP, or even in the plot. Ah well, we'll figure it out I suppose. But, now I hope you understand why it is important to give DETAIL in a RP desc. Esp if you're basing it off books that not everyone will have read.

Shen
04-27-2007, 12:09 PM
The medicine cat's apprentice is the only clause to this rule. The medicine cat is the only one who can really choose his/her successor, but the leader still appoints the chosen cat as the apprentice.

Scourge of Amaranth
04-28-2007, 04:12 PM
Yeah, that sounds about right.

EonMythos
04-30-2007, 05:37 AM
Hehe, sorry about leaving you guys. Had to go out of town to visit family and forgot to log off. :oops: Anyway, I'll post either later or tomorrow, after I catch up on other things.

silverdrop
05-01-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm wating for something interesting to happen.

Tiana_M
05-06-2007, 03:41 AM
Well nothing can happen until Hogs comes back.