PDA

View Full Version : Any Differences?

Mechaflame
08-29-2004, 03:51 PM
There was an upgrading process going on and I was just wondering...
What did the upgrading process do exactly? :confused:

Agent Orange
08-29-2004, 03:53 PM
Yeah, I don't notice anything...

We still get those SUPER annoying popups that make it hard to combine stuff whenever we press bold, or italic...

green gyarados
08-29-2004, 03:57 PM
I dunno what happened. Just looking at the main page and clicked the Pokemon Roleplay link and a message stated "An upgrading process is in operation."

Had to go to another forum for ten minutes.

JoshE
08-29-2004, 04:13 PM
This could very well fix the E-Mail activation that some members did not get. Other glitches could have been fixed as well.

Mechaflame
08-29-2004, 04:45 PM
I believe that the differences between vBulletin 3.0.2-3.0.3 and vBulletin 3.0.1 were mainly background changes. This means that a lot of bugs have been fixed and improvements made opposed to graphical and layout changes.

For an extensive list of bugs, improvements and changes made, you can read the following (very technical) posts at the vBulletin Community Forum.

vBulletin 3.0.2 Released (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109185)
vBulletin 3.0.3 Released (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109435)

Hope these improvements benefit everyone!

Oh, thanks Real One. And I noticed a "Top" button at the bottom of every topic. Was that there before? :eh:

Chicko
08-29-2004, 05:20 PM
Well...maybe it just fixed it so it runs faster...I dunno.

green gyarados
08-29-2004, 05:25 PM
Maybe. Everything's going faster here.

Tamer San
08-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I post faster now...

j/k =P

Yep, I can't notice much differance in the forum ._.

Matthew
08-29-2004, 08:59 PM
Neither did I... I didn't even notice there was an upgrade until I looked into here... XD.

PokemonElite2000
08-30-2004, 04:00 AM
The upgrade was mostly bug fixes and forum stability enhancements, nothing major. That's why it's a slight change from version 3.0.1 to 3.0.3. TRO has the links to the places that lists the upgrades, which most of you probably wouldn't care or know about, lol. But yea, changes were made, but not major changes.

Jack of Clovers
08-30-2004, 04:59 AM
ya, i got a difference and it bugs me. when i post, i select Comic Sans for [Font] and Navy for [Color]. i used to be able to select my post and choose Font then Color right after each other. now i have to select, choose Font, select again, and finally Color. so aggrevating. :dazed: it's minor to you guys, but annoying to me. :sweat:

~Jack~

PokemonElite2000
08-30-2004, 05:54 AM
ya, i got a difference and it bugs me. when i post, i select Comic Sans for [Font] and Navy for [Color]. i used to be able to select my post and choose Font then Color right after each other. now i have to select, choose Font, select again, and finally Color. so aggrevating. :dazed: it's minor to you guys, but annoying to me. :sweat:

~Jack~
Heh, you don't have to use another font/color for your posts, but I guess if you want to. You'll probably get use to it anyways, just like getting use to spam in email, lol. Sorry about it though, but I'm not the programmer for vBulletin, you have to take it to them :oops: .

tonytrainer
09-01-2004, 08:05 PM
I see that there is no diferences, I never glitches lately on the forum!(nothing that it can't be fixed with a good old refresh =P)...
Indded there is now a Top button on every topic...Tha's going to help me a lot.... :oops: