PDA

View Full Version : Games I should buy?

Ketchup
04-21-2007, 05:07 PM
I just bought myself a Nintendo DS, yes, I'm nice like that, I can afford my own systems, and I need help deciding on some games to purchase throughout the week. I have a small list, but I'm not sure if the games are good or not.

-Diamond/Pearl
-Blue Rescue Team (Purchased)
-Animal Crossing: Wild World
-New Super Mario Bros.
-Yoshi's Island DS
-Super Princess Peach (?)

I'm a sucker for Mario games. >_>

Anyway, give me feedback for ideas and such.

Oh, and m3h iPod Ear-buds connect into the DS. ^_^

Yggdrasill
04-21-2007, 05:11 PM
I've heard a lot of people saying Yoshi's Island DS really isn't that good, at least when compared to the original Yoshi's Island anyway.
If you want a really good Mario game you could always try picking up Super Mario advance 1, 2 or 3.

Nirvash
04-21-2007, 05:35 PM
Super Mario 64 DS
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Pokemon Ranger
Didy(sp?) Kong Racing DS

I've demo'd and beaten('cept Didy Kong Racing DS) them. :P

LordZangoose
04-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Super Mario 64 DS
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Pokemon Ranger
Didy(sp?) Kong Racing DS

I've demo'd and beaten('cept Didy Kong Racing DS) them. :P

Mario Kart racing would be better. And, you might want to pick up Final Fantasy III.

Ketchup
04-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Mario Kart racing would be better. And, you might want to pick up Final Fantasy III.
I actually never played any Final Fantasy games. =/

Pokemon Ranger and Super Mario 64 DS sound like winners to me. Maybe Mario Kart Racing, since I've never played Mario Kart games before.

LordZangoose
04-21-2007, 06:14 PM
I actually never played any Final Fantasy games. =/

Pokemon Ranger and Super Mario 64 DS sound like winners to me. Maybe Mario Kart Racing, since I've never played Mario Kart games before.

Well, I might also look at Spectrobes, because they are apparently very similar to Pokémon.

Ketchup
04-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Well, I might also look at Spectrobes, because they are apparently very similar to Pokémon.
I've seen advertisments for that. Sorta reminds me of a cross between Rogue Galaxy and the Monster Rancher series, in a good way.

Except, Gamespot.com gives it a 6/10 for barren, empty environments and brain-dead characters.

LordZangoose
04-21-2007, 06:27 PM
I've seen advertisments for that. Sorta reminds me of a cross between Rogue Galaxy and the Monster Rancher series, in a good way.

Except, Gamespot.com gives it a 6/10 for barren, empty environments and brain-dead characters.

Well, don't get me wrong, I love Pokémon, but that doesn't have much depth to it either. And Spectrobes has more creatures in the game.

Charbok
04-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Here's my list of top 5 DS Games:

1. Diamond/Pearl (I just know they will be)
2. Trauma Center: Under the Knife (So amazing, better than most video games)
3. StarFox Command (Old and New starfox fans will enjoy thoroughly, plus it offers a new style of play and you get to chose how the story goes)
4. Metroid Prime: Hunters (Great, just great)
5. New Super Mario Bros. (Classic Mario with a new feel to it)

Games to NOT Buy:
SuperMan Returns: The Video Game (Can't get much worse than this)
Sudoku Mania (Not Enough Puzzles and the gameplay sucks!)
Peter Jackson's King Kong (No Comment)
Snood 2: On Vacation (They Butchered it!)
Sims 2: Pets (Not good at all)
Pokemon Dash (Meh, just boring)

EspeonSun
04-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Diamond/Pearl- Buy!

Blue Rescue Team- Buy!

Animal Crossing: Wild World- Buy

New Super Mario Bros- Maybe

Yoshi's Island DS- Sucks

Super Princess Peach- Maybe