PDA

View Full Version : hmmmm

Alienshroom
04-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Should I get the D/P Headset or the Stradigy guide, What do u guys think?

spr bhav
04-21-2007, 05:47 PM
I hate guides, ruins the fun and surprises !

D/P headset would be good... more clearer conversations =)

frondew
04-21-2007, 06:30 PM
I hate guides, ruins the fun and surprises !

D/P headset would be good... more clearer conversations =)

i agree...i hate buying guides and stuff...ill figure it out myself

Pervival_Cox
04-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Real gamers don't need guides.

Plus, it'll be up on gamefaqs. XD

I'd go with the headset.

Groudon_fan
04-21-2007, 06:32 PM
I think I'll get the headset too.

thirty-six
04-21-2007, 06:45 PM

I'd go with the headset.
Lol that's true gamefaqs lol.
Go with the headset, I mean it'll be useful for othre games later on as well.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-21-2007, 06:58 PM

I'd go with the headset.

LOL. That's a n00b thing to say.

Real gamers take the guides and use them properly to get better at the game, therefore increasing their pwnage level.

You think I couldn't beat Pokemon without a guide? :rolleyes:

I use them for the Pokedex section, which is almost as robust as serebii's, and doesn't require internet!

And I'll only get a headset if the mic isn't very useful.

spr bhav
04-21-2007, 07:03 PM
LOL. That's a n00b thing to say.

Real gamers take the guides and use them properly to get better at the game, therefore increasing their pwnage level.

You think I couldn't beat Pokemon without a guide? :rolleyes:

I use them for the Pokedex section, which is almost as robust as serebii's, and doesn't require internet!

And I'll only get a headset if the mic isn't very useful.
Yeah, same here about the head set, or IF i talk to anyone regulary.

legendarytrainer264
04-21-2007, 07:04 PM
people who buy guides are the people that just rather cheat their way to the goodstuff
only weaklings buy that stuff :cool:

Freddy Fro
04-21-2007, 07:10 PM
What I'd do is wait to see how clear the mic is in the game w/o the headset and if its not clear and you really want to talk to people on there, buy the headset. Also I think the guide are for people who don't like finding out things for themselves, what I call lazy

Freddy Fro:cool:

MagmarMan
04-21-2007, 07:11 PM
people who buy guides are the people that just rather cheat their way to the goodstuff

People who buy guides are the smart ones. We don't have to get stuck and waste a week or more trying to get out.:goofy:

Yggdrasill
04-21-2007, 07:12 PM
I'd rather get the headset. Pokemon games are easy enough as it is, I don't want it to become even more easy with the use of a guide.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-21-2007, 07:14 PM

Oh please... People who argue against the guides are people who can't afford them, or n00bs who don't see that it's the same thing as looking up stats on the internet, only you don't need a computer.

So maybe you can't afford one, or maybe you just need an excuse for getting your ass pwned online:

"Not my fault, he used a guide to get better! Guides are cheating!"

Grow up.

BTW Sorry for being off-topic.

MagmarMan
04-21-2007, 07:15 PM
Oh please... People who argue against the guides are people who can't afford them, or n00bs who don't see that it's the same thing as looking up stats on the internet, only you don't need a computer.

So maybe you can't afford one, or maybe you just need an excuse for getting your ass pwned online:

"Not my fault, he used a guide to get better! Guides are cheating!"

Grow up.

That's right. There's nothing wrong with using a guide.

Yggdrasill
04-21-2007, 07:17 PM
The whole concept of buying a guide for a Pokemon game is kind of....weird, I mean come on, a guide for a Pokemon game? :tongue:
Sure, there are slight bits in there which will get confusing, but I'd rather use the guides on GameFAQS than pay 15 for a guide which I'll barely use anyway. =P

MagmarMan
04-21-2007, 07:19 PM
The whole concept of buying a guide for a Pokemon game is kind of....weird, I mean come on, a guide for a Pokemon game? :tongue:
Sure, there are slight bits in there which will get confusing, but I'd rather use the guides on GameFAQS than pay 15 for a guide which I'll barely use anyway. =P

GameFAQS is a good site but what do you do when you're on a car trip? I'm willing to pay the $15 for the guide.

Yggdrasill
04-21-2007, 07:21 PM
GameFAQS is a good site but what do you do when you're on a car trip? I'm willing to pay the $15 for the guide.
Since I print most of the pages off then I could still read them when in a car/on a train, etc. :tongue:
I've had a bad experience with official guides anyway, usually they don't go into detail enough.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
04-21-2007, 07:22 PM

Good point. Most of us probably don't have laptops with wireless internet, and the guides are great for going out of town.

Plus, there's always the one fact that ends arguments like this: Personal choice.

That's right, I went there! No one can comeback to personal choice.

NinjaDuelist
04-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Can't argue with that.

As for me, I'm getting the guide, as looking at the guide doesn't use up electricity. The reason for getting this is for the Pokedex and any hidden items, not because of having a hard time to beat the game. I do well without it, but it doesn't hurt having it.