PDA

View Full Version : Elite four entries!

Marth
08-31-2004, 09:07 PM
Time’s up!
(If somebody, however, was thinking about posting his stats on this day, at midnight, or in another dimension/time; however, PM me and I’ll add you to the list. The PM must be sent before September though.)
I'm also adding the Originality factor, in 6 points out of 6. This, however, is not to be taken when fighting, only when voting.
Here’s the list of the ones that applied in time:

JTBaseballGuy4 (JT for the close friends :silly: )
-Charizard
-Clefable
-Kangaskhan
-Starmie
-Breloom
-Tyranitar
5 out of 6.

Tamer
-Arcanine
-Swampert
-Exeggcutor
-Snorlax
-Heracross
-Crobat
5 out of 6.

Raddstealth316/Dapkmnguy_3000
-Electabuzz
-Donphan
-Umbreon
-Ninetales
-Starmie
-Machamp
5.5 out of 6

Mlugia
-Starmie
-Snorlax
-Dusclops
-Gyarados
-Miltank
-Donphan
4 out of 6

AbXtreme
-Flygon
-Dragonite
-Heracross
-Typhlosion
-Raichu
-Sceptile
5.5 out of 6

Shane O Mac
-Gengar
-Steelix
-Umbreon
-Porygon 2
-Rhydon
-Skarmory
3.5 out of 6

Vellyvel
-Milotic
-Gengar
-Charizard
-Raticate
-Alakazam
-Snorlax
2 out of 6

Matthew
-Alakazam
-Gengar
-Snorlax
-Breloom
-Crobat
-Jolteon
3 out of 6

Akdude
-Blastoise
-Raichu
-Flareon
-Salamence
-Blaziken
-Espeon
6 out of 6

I'll be private messaging each one of you with a 20-question..more or less, interview. Please answer them as fast as possible.
Marth.

Matthew
09-03-2004, 06:04 AM
Just a quick question... (It's been a couple days already since you posted this marth!) When are we getting the questions... I don't want to seem impatient, I am just curious... XD

Marth
09-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Tamer
Name: Tamer William Nassar (Aka. Tamer San in PE2K)

What is your favorite pokemon?
My favorite is always Arcanine, Crobat and Snorlax follows of course but Arcy is always No.1 (Look at my Sig/Ava =P)

What is your favorite pokémon type?
Fire Pokemon and type always rule, because of great Sp.Att, and good move pools not to forget the number of great fire Pokemon like Charizard and Arcanine. Normal types are number 2 for me.

What is your elite team?
Arcanine (Both Sp.Att/Att Sweeper)
Crobat (Opener/Annoyer)
Snorlax (Tanker)
Swampert (Both Sp.Att/Att Sweeper)
Exeggcutor (Dream Eater/Psychic)
Heracross (A strong Pokemon with good moves for psychics)

What is your main strategy?
I am not good at strategies, but I can tell you what each Pokemon of mine would be doing.
Arcanine: He is very good, with lotta TMs on him. He can Double Team many times to assure that he won't get hit easily but before he does that he Swaggers to give him 50% chance of not being hurt at all with cool damage against opponent. I can always Sunnyday against water Pokemon and I can also use Arcanine's speed with Extremespeed. And for Dragons, I have a little surprise ^^
Crobat: Fast + Confuse Ray + Double Team + Giga Drain = GREAT ANNOYER!
Snorlax: Well, it has over 12 TMs, I can't actually have 1 strategy for it. But it is nearly perfect against every single Pokemon
Heracross: A simple Bulk-up + SWEEPING stratgey, I can of course Megahorn, Brickbreak or Earthquake my opponent (Depending on its type)
Exeggcutor: Sleep Powder + Nightmare + Dream Eater or Giga Drain...also a Sunnyday + Solar Beam is perfect for it.
Swampert: Meh, I am not sure, it depends on the opponent.

Anything you want to comment about your team?
Well, it is perfect, and it covers each others back. I have a tanker, I have TMs and I have strong mons. I just hope I can win this and becomes an elite as I always wanted to be ^^

Define the word "Elite" (Your own words)
In Anime: The true love for your Pokemon and winning due to that extreme bond between the trainer and the Pokemon.
In URPG: Meh, great strategist, a person that knows his Pokemon and who knows how to battle even when he is in a very critical situations. He is always calm and enjoys his battle and have special mons that no one can beat easily ^^
In Life: The best of the best =D

What would you feel as an elite.
I would enjoy every moment of it until I retire. I will try to improve in the URPG as well in order to defend this position with honor ^^

Why do you want to be an Elite?
Well, first of all, it is a dream, everyone wants to achieve in the world of Pokemon. Second of all, for fun and nothing more than fun. Besides, being and elite gives you more respect than ever, and of course, I would be at least one of the active elites -.-

Tell us some of your goals.
In life: To become a computer engineer or work in the media buisness. Of course, getting married and living ^^
In URPG: Becoming an elite and get a +100 Streak.

Why should you be voted for elite?
I shouldn't be voted for becoming an elite, after all, I am not as good as Dap, Magare and some great trainers. I am here just to improve my skills. But I guess, people would vote for me as elite because I have become one of the best 10 in very very short time.

Are you an offensive or defensive trainer?
It depends on the situation. But mainly I can be both and the same time.

Any comment to the URPG community?
BE MORE ACTIVE!!! Please, I don't wanna see it collaps.

~TamerTamer

Marth
09-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Matthew
Name Matthew
Age 17
What is your favorite pokemon? Gengar
What is your favorite pokémon type? (e.g. psychic) Psychic
What is your elite team? Breloom, Gengar, Alakazam, Snorlax, Crobat, Jolteon
What is your main strategy? Hit them Hard and hit them Fast.
Anything you want to comment about your team? Heh... it might not exactly be considered the most original team but I tried to include my strongest and fastest monsters.
Define the word "Elite" (Your own words) Elite to me one who is strong... meaning they are able to admit their mistakes, they are courages, truthful, and reliable.
What would you feel as an elite. I would feel honored to be up thier with all the other elites of the URPG. Once in a life time experience.
Why do you want to be an Elite? Because I would like to become more active in the URPG and becoming an elite means that I will be able to be a part of it agian.
Tell us some of your goals. My Goals? Hmmm... well, for one, I would like to travel Europe... oh do you mean goals in the URPG? Well... I want to become the strongest there is... the same goal any URPGist wants.
Why should you be voted for elite? Because I am one of the stronger people in the URPG and I need this... if not... I might eventually die away in the URPG... I don't want that to happen though... but it might not happen so...
Are you an offensive or defensive trainer? Hmmm... I am somewhat a mix of both... though my URPG team is mainly offensive mixed in with some defensive counters.
Any comment to the URPG community? "Bob Dole says word to your mothers!"
Say good bye! Good Bye

Marth
09-05-2004, 10:27 PM
JT
Name: JT
Porygon2
What is your favorite pokémon type?
Normal
What is your elite team?
-Charizard
-Clefable
-Kangaskhan
-Starmie
-Breloom
-Tyranitar
Effect your oppnent, then enhance yourself.
Made of most of my favorite Pokemon.
Define the word "Elite"
Someone who people look up to and aim to defeat.
I would feel pride, and honored to be an Elite
Because it's the top job people aim to beat them and to be them.
-Become an Elite
-Graduate from High School
-Graduate from College
-Get a good job
I have been here for a year. I have been training for this for a long time. I know the URPG so well it's unbelievable.
Both, I am defensive then I turn offensive.
Stay Active. Vote for me because I have been training for awile.
This is JT, over and out.

Marth
09-05-2004, 10:28 PM
Dapkmnguy3000
Name- My name on the forum is Raddstealth316 or Dap as many people know me.

Age- I'm 15 and will be 16 next February.

What is your favorite pokemon? I have a few favourites such as Gardevoir, Umbreon and Electabuzz but if I had to pick one, it would be Electabuzz. What can I say…people under use it, don’t like it, underestimate it, but me I like playing with my favourites and Electabuzz works very well for me.

What is your favorite pokémon type? (e.g. psychic) That would have to be water because a lot of my favourite pokemon are water types and I like their battling styles.

What is your elite team? My planned elite team consists of:

Electabuzz
Donphan
Starmie
Umbreon
Machamp
Ninetales

Though I doubt I can get this team in time for the test so the team that I will be using to take the actual test will be:

Electabuzz
Umbreon
Breloom
Swampert
Gardevoir
Charizard

What is your main strategy? Well basically to try and stop the opponent from attacking such as with status effects for example, can’t say too much more or it will ruin the surprise when I battle ; )

Anything you want to comment about your team? Well, underestimate at your peril. My planned team, I had spent hours thinking up the right combination and everything in my power to try and make it work. My team that I will actually be using is nothing less. They are my experienced Pokemon in the majority and won’t go down easily.

Define the word "Elite" (Your own words) To me it means to be the best of the best, something you are recognised for, it shows a sense of achievement.

What would you feel as an elite. I would feel proud and feel it as a great honour.

Why do you want to be an Elite? To be an elite is one of my goals in the URPG. I want to be one because it means a lot to me with the position. To be an elite it means a lot of respect which I’d like and responsibility which I think I can take on. I know the job comes with setting an example which also I’m willing to do. I think I could do more for the URPG community being an Elite and being part of the system to keep the place running.

Tell us some of your goals. In the URPG I have 4 main goals.

The first is to become an Elite as I said above.

The second is to become a moderator of the urpg. Some call it a far fetched goal but I’m not giving up.

The third is to become the number one trainer in the urpg no matter how rocky the road.

The last is to help keep this place running and not let it die, as to let it die would to let my second home die.

There are a few other minor ones such as being a good gym leader but those four are the most important

Why should you be voted for elite? I won’t ‘force’ anyone to vote for me nor advertise because it is solely up to the voters. Though I should say that every word I have used during this interview is 100% true and I’m dedicated to making this place better. I’m not the best trainer, it would be a lie to say that I am. I have a lot to learn still and more experiences in the URPG to experience before I am truly a great trainer. Though this I think that I will eventually achieve this so I wish to be given a chance to be an elite to prove what I can do.

Are you an offensive or defensive trainer? I’d say I am a bit of both though more on the attacking side. Though none of these two options describe me accurately, I’d say I am more a tactical/technical player than offensive or defensive as its tactics and techniques that win a battle, well for me anyways.

Any comment to the URPG community? About the elite test, vote for who you think will do the best job and not on personal relations.

About generally, stick with the URPG and help it stay together.

Say good bye! Peace out.

Marth
09-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Mlugia
Name
mlugia

Golem

What is your favorite pokémon type? (e.g. psychic)
Ground

What is your elite team?
Uh, damn, can't remember *goes checking*
-Starmie
-Snorlax
-Dusclops
-Gyarados
-Miltank
-Donphan

Well... in a word, win. In 2 words, don't lose... Tank's the beller, everything else can rest and whatnot, and Donphan is the designated pseudohazer while Starmie and Lax are the main offense. Clops is a designated tank/mainly a starmie killer (hopefully that pans out), and Gdos is a backup sweeper and pseudohazer in 1.

I need to get my hands on a Dos and a Miltank sometime :x

Define the word "Elite" (Your own words)
Best of the best, or, in the case of the actual gameboy carts, a group of CPU battlers who can be easily defeated.

Uh, honour prolly. Maybe boredom if no one challenges :X

Because I think I have the ability to be one, and it'd be a fun experience.

Pass university T_T Well, pass my first math exam too. And URPG wise, gotta get that miltank and Gdos.

Because... because. Iono, being voted in isn't that big a deal, not like everyone who's ever been voted in anything was a good person.

Defensive, playing with the opponent's mind is fun.

URPG is fun, but watch for early school inactivities, including from me.

Say good bye!
Ta ta
mlugia

Marth
09-05-2004, 11:14 PM
AbXtreme
Name: AbXtreme
Favourite Pokemon: Houndoom And Raichu
Favourite Type: Fire,Dark And Electric Types
Team:
Thyplosion Or Houndoom
Kingdra
Breloom Or Heracross (More Breloom)
Raichu
Dragonite
Metagross

Main Strategy: I Usually Go For Combo Strategys like Breloom using Spore/Focus Punch. Also I Use Big Hitters (Dragonite and Metagross For Example) to Eliminate Hard And Fast.

My Comment On The Team, It's a bit n00bish putting ex-legends on the team (meta and Dragonite) but i put Raichu and Breloom to even the odds

'Elite' is about becoming a master on something like a game, or compete in Championships and winning every one of them, It's Like being a 'Pro'

I Wouldn't Feel Becoming A 'I Think I'm So Good' Or 'I'm Better Then U' Type of person, I'll be Friendly With Competers and Challangers Alike.

Well I've Been In The URPG For Quite Some Time, Becoming The Viridian Gym Leader and all. but I Need To be with the All-Star league and Being Facing Heavy Opponents

Some Of My Goals Is To become very Good at the URPG And Make More Friends On PE2K (all i have is Tamer :( )

Well They Won't Vote Me They Rather Go For The Popular People In PE2K ( eg. Dap ) But They'll Vote Me because i'm a Friendly Good'ol Ab.... and they'll respect that.

I'm Half and Half Ya know, I Usually Put Up Some Tatical Strategys to Beat Opposition.

My Comment Is It's been the Best Time In My PE2K Days, Thanks For Becoming a Member XD

Thanks For Da Interview And Goodbye! :P

AbXtreme

Marth
09-05-2004, 11:15 PM
Shane O Mac
Name Shane O Mac
Age 17
What is your favorite pokemon? Jolteon and Eeveelutions.
What is your favorite pokémon type? Electric, Steel, Dark and Flying
What is your elite team? -Gengar
-Steelix
-Umbreon
-Porygon 2
-Rhydon
-Skarmory
What is your main strategy? To attack with much force but, still have Pokčmon with high defence.
Anything you want to comment about your team? There nothing but, a team of high defenders with not many weaknesses.
Define the word "Elite" Someone who has proven themselves worthy of something.
What would you feel as an elite. Just like everyone else only with higher steaks.
Why do you want to be an Elite? For a new and harder challange.
Tell us some of your goals. To be the best there is and have as much fun you can have.
Why should you be voted for elite? Despite my Gym resords I think I would do bettter with a wide range of different types.
Are you an offensive or defensive trainer? Defensive
Any comment to the URPG community? Vote for me....or else. -Says it with smiles.-

Marth
09-05-2004, 11:17 PM
Magare
Name Zvonimir (I guess you want my real name...)

Age 18

What is your favorite pokemon? Currently I'm very fond of Houndoom, but I'd still have to go with Charizard...

What is your favorite pokémon type? Fire, without a doubt!

What is your elite team? Well, once I'd acquire Gengar and get enough TM's on him and P2 it would probably be: Alakazam, Gengar, P2, Houndoom, Charizard and Kingdra. But that still might change, Blaziken has a very high chance of coming in, and I'm thinking of Starmie...

What is your main strategy? Main strategy? Well it really depends on the mons I'm using, but I like to put my opponent on the defence. I dont like to be the one defending...

Anything you want to comment about your team? I'm aware it has some weaknesses, especially to strong normal types like Snorlax, and thats why I'm still considering bringing in Blaziken instead of Charizard. I might even take Doom out cause I'm not sure he is necesary with a Ghost type and a Psychic type. I'll have to test that...

Define the word "Elite" (Your own words) I'd say Elites are people who are the top battlers in the URPG. The best of the best. And to be honest, I wouldn't give this title to none of the people who applied for it (including me). But out of those people I'd say Matthew, Dap, Mana and me are a class above the others...

What would you feel as an elite. Well, since I'm being honest (unlike some who will probably write something about pride etc.), I dont know if I'd feel anything. I'm doing this cause I believe I have what it takes to get this position and that I am better than most of the URPG...

Why do you want to be an Elite? Like I said, I believe I have what it takes, and I want to prove myself I AM one of the best...

Tell us some of your goals. Right now, all I want is to grow my Elite team the way it should be and collect all fire mons... Oh yeah, and acquire a legendary

Why should you be voted for elite? I feel like I'm repeating myself. People think I'm one of the best trainers in the URPG, and I too think I'm not to bad myself. And what is also important, people like me and also respect me (for some reason )

Are you an offensive or defensive trainer? Depends, but I like to consider myself to be offensive.

Any comment to the URPG community? Not really, I'm just here for fun and I like it the way it is...

Say good bye! GOOD BYE!

Marth
09-05-2004, 11:18 PM
Akdude
Name:Brandon
Fave pkmn: My favorite pkmn, in case you haven't noticed is Flareon. I use him in almost every battle.
Fave type: My favorite type is, well there's 2. I love water types (Water Gym leader). But I also LOVE fire types.
Elite Team: Blastoise, Flareon,Raichu, Flareon, Salamence, Blaziken, & Espeon.
Main Strategy: Well I want to get my Opponent poisoned first, that way, I have a better chance of winning. Then I'll go with Type Advantage.
Comment about Team: I feel strong about my team. I've worked hard to get where I am with them, and I believe with more work, that can become great.
Define "Elite": Elite to me, means strong. It's a high rating you would give a great person.
Goals: A few of my goals...hmm...I guess one of my goals is to become great. To be at least just as good as Kurt, as figgy, as Jack...And even as great as the retired Flare. Or at least try and stand a chance against them.
Why should you be voted for Elite: Well...I'm not sure. I'm a great guy, I play fair. I'm a good sport even when I lose. But I'm not really expecting to be voted for the job.
Offence or Deffence: Actually it's both. I don't just chose one now. It's both. I found out if I work with both instead of just one, I do better.
Any comment to the URPG community: No not really...Nothing really to say accept...I hope some ppl in the URPG community support me. I know that aint the answer yall wanted, but it's all I can come up with.

Good bye.
Ak.

Marth
09-05-2004, 11:20 PM
Vellyvel
(No interview so far)
Once vellyvel sends his interview, the voting will begin!
Later!
Marth.

HKim
09-07-2004, 05:21 AM
Do we post our votes here or PM them to you?

Marth
09-07-2004, 08:37 PM
That's a good question, Harry!
Send me your votes right away, unless you want to wait for Vellyvel's interview. Either wey, I'll count all the URPG (Important, only URPGer's) votes on September 14th, that is, a week from today.
I'll then post all the votes in here.
Contestants may vote too. One vote per person.
BTW, The points will be:
1.- 25 points
2.- 23
3.- 21
4.- 19
5.- 17
6.- 15
7.- 13
8.- 11
9.- 9
10.- 7

Start voting!

Tamer San
09-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Ok, I can vote ^^

-Looks at the interviews-

Well, Velly's the best so far :tongue:

j/k :susp:

Well, my vote goes to...well...I can't actually decide between Magare and Dap. I guess I have to flip a coin or something.

-Flips a coin-

Well, sorry Dap, but believe me, Magare got that coin. Good luck everyone, and I wish that you vote for me :wink:

Magare
09-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Wow, I got the first public vote :eek: ...

Guess I'll put my own here as well...

Well, my choice was between Matthew, Mana and Dap.

Mana, you are a good battler, however you are still pretty new to the URPG and I dont think an Elite should be someone who hasnt been in the URPG for a while... Sorry...

So now I had to decide if I would choose Matt or Dap and......well Matthew didnt battle in a while and I cant help thinking he might not be as good as he was before. I sure hope you prove me wrong Matt :wink:

But right now, my vote goes to Dap!!!

Raddstealth316
09-09-2004, 12:25 AM
For me it comes down to Matthew or Mag...

I'll need to think it over... :neutral:

Champion Lance
09-09-2004, 01:00 AM
I Choooooooooooooosssssssseeeeeeeeee...............

TAMER SAN!

(I liked his Interview)

JoshE
09-09-2004, 01:08 AM
I am thinking to vote for either Dap or Tamer San my to best friends in the URPG. I also think they are the most active members and we need active elites.

Marth
09-09-2004, 03:02 AM
VOTE FOR ONLY ONE PERSON!
AND MAKE IT VIA PM!
(Otherwise it won't count)

akdude
09-09-2004, 05:54 AM
I find this to be quite funny. So far, it looks like ppl r voting for either there friends, or of course someone who fits the bill. But it's been Dap, Mana, and Mag. Mostly them. lol.

I'm not gonna submit a vote just yet....when's the cut off date?

Jack of Clovers
09-09-2004, 07:47 AM
of course the voting is for friends. there was even a coin flip last page to decide. folks, this is serious. being an elite isn't about who's the most active or who everbody likes. having an elite position is given to those members deserving for their dedication and aid to the urpg. i don't really see a need for the voting because most people are biased in any vote anyway and it shouldn't have an impact on who becomes an elite.
in the past at yahoo, elite position become available to members who are here the longest and have great battling skills and have shown they can prove themselves to others. that was all it took (except for the political arguments every now and then...)

in my opinion, there are only three people right now that deserve to have an elite position. two of them didn't even apply, one being me (but i don't want to take the position :tongue:). uh, yea, i guess... lol. makes you wonder whom the other two people are.

also the section about strategies in the interview should be taken down from public view. there are members here ready to challenge elites and that gives them a heads up to know how to battle for whoever gets chosen.

Dux- handle this how you will but it shouldn't be a popularity contest as this voting will show. take into consideration what i've mentioned in green.

~Jack~

Magare
09-09-2004, 10:01 AM
in my opinion, there are only three people right now that deserve to have an elite position.

makes you wonder whom the other two people are.

Its good to see someone else thinks the same way I do :wink:

Humm, I think I know who the second one is (who didnt apply) but I'm not sure who the 3rd one is.... I'll have to ask Dux who you voted for :razz:

Tamer San
09-09-2004, 12:39 PM
of course the voting is for friends. there was even a coin flip last page to decide. folks, this is serious. being an elite isn't about who's the most active or who everbody likes.

Jack, the coin flip was a joke you f00 :susp:
I actually DID decided whom should I vote for my friend =P

Marth
09-09-2004, 10:11 PM
Jack, you said the interview must be taken out of public view because of strategy.
I don't think so, only one of those 10 entrys will become an elite... and obviously the full strategy isn't posted. Nobody has been real SPECIFIC about his strategy.
Changing the subject; the voting is only a 25% of the 100% grand total.
And obviosly, the best ones will be voted because of their skills AND their friendship......elite doesn't mean you must be a "PERFECT FIGHTING MACHINE" with no feelings toward the others...take in mind that too.
Marth.
PS: No offense meant, but you are a better leader than a fighter. And elite means around 50% of good fighter. So Meh.

Jack of Clovers
09-10-2004, 05:52 AM
PS: No offense meant, but you are a better leader than a fighter. And elite means around 50% of good fighter. So Meh.
lol. uv just never seen or heard me battle before :tongue:

anyway, showing a portion of someone's strategy is like giving away a secret on how to break into a bank. once ur in you can move around more easily to the other defenses and the rest of the dominos will fall. ive never liked the idea of people post their URPG strategies here, part or whole.

oh, and i wont be voting. this is not the way an elite should be chosen...

~Jack~

Matthew
09-10-2004, 06:34 AM

anyway, showing a portion of someone's strategy is like giving away a secret on how to break into a bank. once ur in you can move around more easily to the other defenses and the rest of the dominos will fall. ive never liked the idea of people post their URPG strategies here, part or whole.

~Jack~

Marth just said that the voting is not the entire process of choosing th3e elite... :susp: It is only a small portion of it. Remember we still gotta do the battle and a couple other things I think... :silly:

akdude
09-10-2004, 03:31 PM

~Jack~Jack, I'm gonna have to side with u on this. I mean, voting is alright, but ppl r only gonna vote for their friends. I think to choose the elite, there should either be a tourny, or the trainers need to be evaluated be a series of ppl, mainly the elites. But that's just what I think.

AbXtreme
09-10-2004, 03:47 PM
You Got a point Ak, it's like MOTM They choose there friends and no-one else. even thou i'm in the Entries No-One has ever voted for me on MOTM, The Way to choose is to Battle

Tamer San
09-10-2004, 08:03 PM
This has nothing to do with friends nor power in battle. This is a side effect, the elites wanna make sure to choose the best in battling skills and even in spirits, and dedication and love to the URPG. Beside, knowing the Strategy of a trainer before seeing him in battle will make it easy to evluate him IN battle ^^

I guess thats Marth's point...

JohtoTrainer
09-10-2004, 09:06 PM
But, Tamer, all of the elites hate this system excep Dux. He did all of this. And I refuse to vote :P

Caite-chan
09-10-2004, 09:11 PM
Speak for your self JT.

How can you be sure ALL of the Elites hate the system!? I bet you haven't even asked everyone because no one has asked me about it.

As for the way it works doesn't really matter to me...I just did it for the challange.

koolcurtis
09-10-2004, 10:00 PM
It's impossible to vote for just 1 person. Nobody stands out from the rest, so i can only narrow down my choices, not choose a specific person. This is also not very fair to the not so popular people. If you look at it from my view, I can't choose a person i haven't battled cause i know nothing about them. Some of those that i haven't battled already lost my vote, cause why would i vote for some person i've never seen? Not everyone has battled all these contestants, so people will tend to vote for people that they have battled. So if there is some unseen talent, then it doesn't look good for you.

Also if you are doing this in a grading scale, then every point counts, so you can't say that this doesn't count very much for your grade. If the top 2 scores were 1 point away from each other, then of course the non battle points had an effect. If 2nd place had the best battle score, but bad team/poll score, and if 1st place had the best team/poll score, but only so-so battle score, then the 2nd place person should be winner. But with the point system, that person losses. To be an elite is to be one of the best urpg battlers out there, not have good political relations with people so they vote for you, or having good persuasive essay writting for the questionair. And why do you get graded on your team? It's not what your team looks like that counts, but what it can do.

Don't know why i wrote all that.... Just wanted to say that i can't vote, but i kept on typing :tongue:

JohtoTrainer
09-10-2004, 10:37 PM
Um, there isn't exactly many Elites to ask. THREE! and I told Nin about it and he doesn't like it and Curtis doesn't like it. So yea, I have asked all of the Elites.

mlugia
09-13-2004, 02:13 PM
A few things right now:

- I would like to withdraw my candidacy for the Elite position. After orientation week, as hectic as it is, and all the scaring the profs did to the students about how we're all going to fail out, I don't think I'd have enough time to be active.

- I second Jack's thoughts on this.

- I'd like to place my votes on Dap, JT and Tamer, if that's ok. If it's not, then whatever :/

akdude
09-13-2004, 04:57 PM
I think we should go back to the first Elite Four tryouts. Yall had battles to decided to next Elite Four. I think we should do that, or hold a tourny to decide.

koolcurtis
09-13-2004, 08:21 PM
I think we only need to have 6v6 battles, and i don't know what happened to marth.... -_-

akdude
09-14-2004, 03:33 PM
R the Elite battles only 6 vs. 6?

Tamer San
09-14-2004, 04:59 PM
Yes, elite battles rules are:

6v6
Stadium
1 Item ^^

koolcurtis
09-14-2004, 07:41 PM
Flar told me a long time ago elite battles are 6v6 stadium 2 items, so that's what they are.

Matthew
09-15-2004, 01:50 AM
Gah... XD... lol... I don't like using items... lol. But if I win this thing... I'm gonna have too.... XD

akdude
09-15-2004, 03:28 PM
Items don't worry me. Just need to money for them.

Tamer San
09-15-2004, 03:35 PM
Items doesn't really matter, you are not forced to use the item in the battle. And they are not expensive and actually usefull sometimes (When you know when or how to use them).

akdude
09-15-2004, 03:46 PM
well right now I'm in the whole. But I think i can manage with items.

Matthew
09-16-2004, 07:29 AM
Items doesn't really matter, you are not forced to use the item in the battle. And they are not expensive and actually usefull sometimes (When you know when or how to use them).

I know... and I just realized like nobody owns items anyway... so its ok =^.^=

Caite-chan
09-16-2004, 01:42 PM
No one owns them because no one ever uses items...it's just a waste of money.

akdude
09-16-2004, 03:31 PM
No one owns them because no one ever uses items...it's just a waste of money.That's very true. But sometimes it's worth it.

mlugia
09-16-2004, 04:23 PM
Sleep clause (Stadium 1, 2, Netbattle rule) was made because a skilled trainer (or those less skilled) didn't have an option to use the pokeflute in battle. Items are... not really as strategic in the normal games, because you can, instead of wasting a moveslot for curse, use X-attack instead and therefore giving your pokemon an extra attack slot and every mon would end up being a sweeper. (Why waste moves for stat passing when you can exhaust your 99 Xattacks, and then kill your enemy with your 99 full restores because your enemy only has 50?)

And yeah... so whatever.

Neo Emolga
09-16-2004, 05:18 PM
Sleep clause (Stadium 1, 2, Netbattle rule) was made because a skilled trainer (or those less skilled) didn't have an option to use the pokeflute in battle. Items are... not really as strategic in the normal games, because you can, instead of wasting a moveslot for curse, use X-attack instead and therefore giving your pokemon an extra attack slot and every mon would end up being a sweeper. (Why waste moves for stat passing when you can exhaust your 99 Xattacks, and then kill your enemy with your 99 full restores because your enemy only has 50?)

And yeah... so whatever.

Can't disagree with you there. Honestly, I don't see why those items were put in the URPG. For the game, yes, since most Pokemon are still going through development and need to rely on those kinds of items. However, in the URPG, its a different story.

Plus, I'm glad to see no one uses them anyway. I'd hate to see a tournament battle end in someone's favor just because they used an item rather than relying on a strategy.

Matthew
09-16-2004, 06:39 PM

And yeah... so whatever.

Like NP... I completely agree with you mana... many items are cheap... Everytime an Elite uses a FR in battle in game... I get ticked off because .... GERRR :evil: Heh... Items are cheap... and one should prove themselves worthy by using strategy rather than using items...

akdude
09-17-2004, 03:54 PM
I agree with all 3 of u. Items r a cheap way to win. I hate it when Elites on the game use items.

vellyvell
09-18-2004, 07:57 AM
sorry I'm havent done anything, take me out of this, I wouldnt have the time, my mom's new "system for the comp."

JohtoTrainer
09-18-2004, 12:28 PM

And yeah... so whatever.

Yes, but Mana, it's TWO Items. Not 100, like your making it seem.

mlugia
09-18-2004, 03:30 PM
Using 2 full restores when your pokemon have 0.1HP left twice in the game, particularly on your heal beller, for example, does not require any skill at all, and it's a waste of your opponent's time too. Items, IMHO, are bloody pointless and annoying.

And 1 pokeflute and 1 full restore can do more damage than you give it credit for. If items were allowed in normal link battles, you'd see the entire metagame shift, whether it's a 2 item limit or not. And chances are, the shift would be to an even more defensive format, which is already starting to show in the URPG since every pokemon can learn any TM it possibly could without consequences. (That results in teh strategy of battle in URPG to be self boost and THEN sweep, but if you meet 2 pokemon who can selfboost together, then you end up with a stallfest.)

JohtoTrainer
09-18-2004, 06:17 PM
Oh please Mana, please don't tell me your going back to the ole' make the URPG more like Netbattle thing again.

Jack of Clovers
09-18-2004, 06:47 PM
lol, i can tell you've never battled anyone with items before. :tongue: it's a complete change of battle and both opponents have the same advantage. items are allowed to be used in battle and that includes the Elite. those are the rules for the Elite battles and it's not going to change.

~Jack~

akdude
09-18-2004, 07:17 PM
Jack does have a point. Things do change when it comes to items. Personally...I caint wait.

mlugia
09-18-2004, 07:24 PM
Oh please Mana, please don't tell me your going back to the ole' make the URPG more like Netbattle thing again.

I'm not trying to do anything, hence the IMHO in pretty much each of my rants. Unless, of course, you want to worship my words as god, then I've got no problems with that either.

Items do make a different metagame, but when the metagame is already a stallfest with a few pokemon dominating the game over the majority of the rest, I don't see how it's going to make a difference one way or another. Items or not, I'm not gonna have a battle under 2 hours long if my opponent's skill is anywhere close (higher or lower) than mine.

Oh, and Akdude: You realize you can already use items in the current battles. You just need refs who knows how to ref with them and stuff. So don't wait, do.

akdude
09-18-2004, 07:29 PM
I'm not trying to do anything, hence the IMHO in pretty much each of my rants. Unless, of course, you want to worship my words as god, then I've got no problems with that either.

Items do make a different metagame, but when the metagame is already a stallfest with a few pokemon dominating the game over the majority of the rest, I don't see how it's going to make a difference one way or another. Items or not, I'm not gonna have a battle under 2 hours long if my opponent's skill is anywhere close (higher or lower) than mine.

Oh, and Akdude: You realize you can already use items in the current battles. You just need refs who knows how to ref with them and stuff. So don't wait, do.Might as well. There's no point in them now. But if and when I become an Elite, I will use them.

Caite-chan
09-23-2004, 09:27 PM
....So when are we going to get this done?

Raddstealth316
09-24-2004, 05:47 PM
....So when are we going to get this done?

Once Marth decides to come back from the dead :tongue:

Tamer San
09-24-2004, 06:35 PM
Well...I think we shoukd do a 6v6 tournament amongst every participiant in here. Winner becomes an Elite 4 Member ^^

akdude
09-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Well...I think we shoukd do a 6v6 tournament amongst every participiant in here. Winner becomes an Elite 4 Member ^^Then I'd prolly be out first round if we did that.

Caite-chan
09-26-2004, 01:21 PM
I think someone needs to get Marth so we can actully do this.

Marth
09-28-2004, 11:01 PM
Nah, I'm not dead.
The URPG is dead. That's why I haven't moved on to the next step.
I was planning to make a tournament. But...looking at the URPG......We're slowly dying. Unless we make something to prevent that, we're doomed.

akdude
09-29-2004, 03:33 PM
That doesn't mean that we cannot proceed to the next step. We have at least 3 ppl that want to go on. I say let's do it.

Caite-chan
09-29-2004, 07:42 PM
Then work with what we have. If we don't do anything then yeah...it will die.

Neo Emolga
09-29-2004, 07:48 PM
Just continue with it. In time we'll probably be able to do something. Don't give up on the URPG yet. We're still here and its still here, and I think people just need more time.

And to think only a few months ago, Curtis was complaining that the reffing wages and battle money were too high...

Matthew
09-30-2004, 07:36 AM
Just continue with it. In time we'll probably be able to do something. Don't give up on the URPG yet. We're still here and its still here, and I think people just need more time.

And to think only a few months ago, Curtis was complaining that the reffing wages and battle money were too high...

Heh... sarcasm :tongue: I think anyway... XD

I am posting to declare my drop out of the running for elite... I will probably be inactive as an elite and I don't want to be a dead weight... sitting useless in the elites... meh... farewell elites! After I get to 2390 posts I'm going to bed... k... bye now.

Raddstealth316
09-30-2004, 06:02 PM
I personally don't think anyone in the running deserves the position...we should make an elite when there is one worthy, in my eyes Matthew was the most at the moment but he has dropped out so I think this test is now pointless. I drop out too, I'm not good enough so that takes the point of being an elite to be the best of the best. I think when someone truely emerges then that person can take a test but till then, the spot should remain vacant...that's my opinion..take it or leave it.

Matthew
10-02-2004, 08:02 AM
And plus... It's not like anybody is gonna challenge the elite anytime soon... :susp: Heh... that makes me feel good Dap... thanks for telling me that... I felt that I wan't worthy enough to be an 'elite' meh... but I dropped out because of my inactivity in the URPG... moo

JohtoTrainer
10-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Matthew, there are plenty of people with 8 badges from one region, and they could challenge the Elites whenever they want to. Maybe we should just make the next person to beat the Elites the 4th Elite. Except for noone will beat them for like, forever lol

akdude
10-02-2004, 05:09 PM
Matthew, there are plenty of people with 8 badges from one region, and they could challenge the Elites whenever they want to. Maybe we should just make the next person to beat the Elites the 4th Elite. Except for noone will beat them for like, forever lolJT makes a good point. Many trainers have 8 badges from one region, just they don't want to challenge the Elites. Which is a good idea. But I think JT's idea is great. Make the 4th Elite the one who has beaten the Elites.

Caite-chan
10-02-2004, 05:39 PM
That would be unfair because they would only have to face 3 Elites while the rest of us have to face all 4.

JohtoTrainer
10-03-2004, 12:23 AM
How do u think the Elite 4 beat the ELites? They only have to face 4 since they are already one. So, that's not fair right?

akdude
10-04-2004, 03:37 PM
U both make good points. But first I think we need to find out how many r still interested in this spot. Then figure out what to do.

OR!! Have the TOP Elite (If there is one) choose an Elite, then if someone does decide to challenge the elite, the new Elite will be #1 in the Elite 4. And if it doesn't work out, they choose another one.

But then again...That's not a good idea...any possitive comments on that?

Tamer San
10-04-2004, 05:21 PM
Well, there isn't such a thing as a top Elite, Marth, Curtis and Omigamiko (NintendoFreak000) are the best battlers and URPGers we have not to mention that the 3 of them are almost equil so its hard to tell which is the best mongst them three...

akdude
10-05-2004, 03:36 PM
Well then we should just pick one :tongue:

Tamer San
10-05-2004, 04:32 PM
Or we simply just make the damn tournament, winner becomes an Elite...could it be simpler than that?
-_______-

w00T!!! My 1700th post =P

Matthew
10-06-2004, 02:24 AM
Heh... I didn't realize so many peopl had 8 badges now... XD Back when I was an active person thingy, like only me, QJ, and Matt were the only ones with all 8 badges from a region... I can't think of anybody else who had them all... maybe Allie... idk.

AbXtreme
01-03-2005, 10:00 PM
*soz for old post but*

JUST BLOODY GET ON WITH IT!!!!
Tamer has a point. The way an elite has to be is by battling. There may be some good opposition but i'm not giving up to become an elite without a fight

Jack of Clovers
01-05-2005, 06:52 PM
i think flare still has the elite position. dunno, i'd have to send him a PM.

either way, don't worry about it. if needed, we will apoint whom we think should be in the position.

~Jack~

flareon008
01-08-2005, 11:20 PM
i'm stopping completely :P I'm not around enough. I didn't even pick my pokemon for elite, figgy take the position :rolleyes: