PDA

View Full Version : Bulbasaur in Yellow

ragnarokau
04-25-2007, 10:38 AM
Alright, I've beaten the elite four and basically ignored getting the Red Blue starters.
I went back and got Squirtle and Charmander, but when I go up to the chick in the house, she won't give me Bulbasaur. I have pikachu with me, he is happy. Any reason why I can't get Bulbasaur?

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Are you sure it's happy enough? (From memory, I think it has to jump up and down when you speak to it.) There aren't any other requirements, so if Pikachu is happy enough she should give you Bulbasaur. =/

mootixguy
04-25-2007, 12:03 PM
Is it just Pikachu, or can you have any Pokemon that is at max happiness? Wait... was there even a happiness system for Pokemon (other than special Pika) in RBY?

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-25-2007, 12:06 PM
No, there wasn't. Happiness wasn't fully introduced until G/S/C. ^^ You have to specifically make Pikachu happy to get Bulbasaur in Yellow.

Venusaur456
04-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Alright, I've beaten the elite four and basically ignored getting the Red Blue starters.
I went back and got Squirtle and Charmander, but when I go up to the chick in the house, she won't give me Bulbasaur. I have pikachu with me, he is happy. Any reason why I can't get Bulbasaur?
Talk to Pikachu. If he bounces 2 or more times, you should be able to get Bulbasaur. If he bounces once or doesn't bounce, he isn't happy enough. To get him happy enough:

Give him potions
Don't let him faint
Keep him first in your lineup

Hope this helps.

ragnarokau
04-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Talk to Pikachu. If he bounces 2 or more times, you should be able to get Bulbasaur. If he bounces once or doesn't bounce, he isn't happy enough. To get him happy enough:

Give him potions
Don't let him faint
Keep him first in your lineup

Hope this helps.
Alright thanks for that.
I'll keep pikachu first in the line up.
It's still level 15 at the moment.

MagmarMan
04-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Alright thanks for that.

Just training it up will help too.:wink:

Venusaur456
04-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Alright thanks for that.
Oh yeah and he also needs to be at least lv 20.

ragnarokau
04-27-2007, 07:29 AM
UPDATE:

I've trained pikachu up to lvl 25.
He is happy, has been first in the lineup, KO'd a few pokemon and jumps twice when I talk to it.
I go to Cerulean and still can't get Bulbasaur.

Venusaur456
04-27-2007, 01:40 PM
UPDATE:

I've trained pikachu up to lvl 25.
He is happy, has been first in the lineup, KO'd a few pokemon and jumps twice when I talk to it.
I go to Cerulean and still can't get Bulbasaur.
Maybe after he jumped twice you did something he didn't like. Or after when Pikachu jumped twice, did you talk to the Bulbasaur or the girl next to here?

Ness
04-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Just keep feeding Potions to Pikachu even if it's at full HP and this will raise its happiness. Do this until you get Bulbasaur.

mootixguy
04-29-2007, 02:50 PM
Just keep feeding Potions to Pikachu even if it's at full HP and this will raise its happiness. Do this until you get Bulbasaur.
Yeah this works too.

Eternal Moonlight
07-29-2007, 06:48 PM
Hum well have u got the Cascade badge ? In my Yellow I didnt get bulbasaur ( she woldnt give it to me ) till i earned that second badge
Hope it helps

T r I p L e x
07-29-2007, 07:25 PM
i ended up never getting bulbasaur even after i beat the game. the lady just wouldnt give it to me.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
07-30-2007, 05:02 AM
Please don't revive threads that haven't been posted in for a month or more.