PDA

View Full Version : Reducing Smilies Displayed

Kento Kasha
09-06-2004, 11:56 PM
Just a thought, but do you think that the amount of smilies displayed when we go to create new threads and post replies? They REALLY bog down a lot of 56k and less users; I run (usually) on 50.6k, and it takes a long time to load all of these smilies I never use just to post a reply to a topic. Maybe you could reduce it to some of the popular ones, and put the rest of them in 'More'.

-KK

Caite-chan
09-07-2004, 12:03 AM
I actully thought about that. It does make it load slower. Mayne just have all the smilies under more that way it doesn't take as long to load.

gold
09-07-2004, 05:33 PM
And "oops" and sweat" are exactly the same.
So are "sad" and "frown"
And who ever uses "mad" when you have "evil and "twisted"?

PokemonElite2000
09-08-2004, 11:24 PM
Just a thought, but do you think that the amount of smilies displayed when we go to create new threads and post replies? They REALLY bog down a lot of 56k and less users; I run (usually) on 50.6k, and it takes a long time to load all of these smilies I never use just to post a reply to a topic. Maybe you could reduce it to some of the popular ones, and put the rest of them in 'More'.

-KK
I agree, I actually cut down the amount of smilies before, some people like it that way, some people like it the other way. But I think this way will work the best for everyone. I cut down the amount of smilies shown in the list from 51 to 24, that should help, while still keeping a decent amount of smilies there.

Of course, you can always click on more to see the rest of the smilies. I might make changes in the future, depending on what people like to use, I might change the order of the list of smilies or which ones will be shown without clicking more.

Also, if there's a smiley you use all the time and now you have to click more to get to it, just remember the the name of the smiley. I made it really easy, I assigned a word for each smiley, so it shouldn't be hard (actually, I think it's easier to type out the smiley then clicking it).

Kento Kasha
09-09-2004, 02:51 AM
Thanks, PE2K, this has cut down the load time considerably!

-KK

Sutiivun
09-09-2004, 05:27 AM
Yes, I see that even my pages are loading faster, and mine are very fast as it is. Thanks again PE2K! :D

Jack of Clovers
09-09-2004, 06:35 AM
wow, that is a huge change. let's see... *looks* all the ones i use most are there. :cool:

oh, and frown :frown: and sad :sad: look the same. maybe replace one of them with cry :cry:. (or my favorite, Mr. Green :mrgreen: )

lol

~Jack~

Neo Emolga
09-09-2004, 06:41 AM
Yeah, actually I have noticed everything has been loading much faster. Again, thank you Ryan.

Tamer San
09-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Yeah, faster...but I can't live without :twisted: or :angel: or :angry: or :silly: or...wait a sec...I can't get them from "[More]" w00t...thanks Ryan ^^