PDA

View Full Version : Hayate: the Combat Butler

Kenny_C.002
04-30-2007, 09:13 PM
BT download here (http://animesuki.com/series.php/993.html)

Genre: Parody. And Shana.

The premise is that Hayate is the most unlucky guy ever that gets abandoned by his parents and left with a lot of debt. Cliche for a reason, because he DOWNPLAYS it. XD Through a series of misunderstandings during the fateful meeting with the rich girl, he became her butler. Oh, the twist is that the girl likes him, and the guy doesn't. Wait, I sense something strange here. Didn't I just say that for Sumomomo momomo? Coincidence?

There's enough parodying from recent and some past anime (***dam, Nano*a, and Neon G****** Eva******* make appearances, for example...yes, even Sa**** M**n) to make me rofl. If you know your anime, this will be a bumpy ride. XD

Jack of Clovers
05-04-2007, 06:38 AM
The name alone intrigues me. Combat Butler. Heh. A parady too, should be fun. I'll let you know what I think about it after the downloads.

Did it end with 5 episodes, or is it still continuing?

~Jack~

Kenny_C.002
05-04-2007, 07:21 AM
It's ongoing right now. Almost every series I've been posting is ongoing.

Jack of Clovers
05-18-2007, 09:40 AM
Well, I was disappointed in this parody. The plot is iffy and kinda stupid... the jokes, meh. :neutral: Way too much 4th wall breaking for the anime to hold any value and originality on its own.

~Jack~

skiboydoggy
05-18-2007, 05:24 PM
I like it though, it's pretty funny. Though I personally think Lucky Star's parodies are better, since the company apparently owns the rights to actually PLACE many of these things inside with no repercussions...

Kenny_C.002
05-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Well, I was disappointed in this parody. The plot is iffy and kinda stupid... the jokes, meh. :neutral: Way too much 4th wall breaking for the anime to hold any value and originality on its own.

~Jack~

That's true. It's only a first if you consider the cast and what not. And the plot was supposed to be stupid, by the looks of it. This one would be the hyper-charged sugarfest comedy anime though, which isn't always some people's sup of tea. You might have a better chance with Lucky Star, btw.

I like it though, it's pretty funny. Though I personally think Lucky Star's parodies are better, since the company apparently owns the rights to actually PLACE many of these things inside with no repercussions...

Well yeah that's one thing. Also, just the fact that Konata does everything we do makes Lucky Star more "realistic" in content.