PDA

View Full Version : DP Refs... are you there?

Jack of Clovers
04-30-2007, 11:43 PM
DP will be rolling around very soon, and people will want to battle with the new system. So, what I and probably many others would like to know, which current Referees will be reffing DP rules? I'm going to guess that maybe 4-5 are ready.

I myself, am not ready to ref DP. At least, not yet.

~Jack~

Marth
05-01-2007, 04:58 AM
DP will be rolling around very soon, and people will want to battle with the new system. So, what I and probably many others would like to know, which current Referees will be reffing DP rules? I'm going to guess that maybe 4-5 are ready.

I myself, am not ready to ref DP. At least, not yet.

~Jack~
Depends on what we're taking for "DP rules".
We haven't given an official announcement yet, have we, Jack?
Also, since Netbattle won't be updated for DP, we're gonna need a comission to try out certain combos on the actual game.
*Looks directly @ Jack's hand, which has a DS with Pokémon on it*

ball
05-01-2007, 08:32 AM
Well, I probably would ref battles with d/p rules. Serebii has the data for which moves are psychical or special.

Finglonger
05-01-2007, 09:40 AM
eh I have the calculator and some knowledge, it will take me a few battles to get in the groove and probably some move functionality questions

Loyal Arcanine
05-01-2007, 03:21 PM
I will be reffing it once I get my calc updated, which should be pretty soon.

Subside
05-01-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm still updating my excel calc and other than some moves that depend on weight, speed and so on I completely prepared to ref for DP. Once we know how to ref moves such as Grass Rope and Gyro Ball it will be easier.

Ridley
05-01-2007, 10:53 PM
I think I will be able to ref DP

All-Star
05-01-2007, 11:05 PM
I should be able to ref D/P after serebii and veekun calm down.

Jack of Clovers
05-02-2007, 03:41 AM
Depends on what we're taking for "DP rules".
We haven't given an official announcement yet, have we, Jack?
Also, since Netbattle won't be updated for DP, we're gonna need a comission to try out certain combos on the actual game.
*Looks directly @ Jack's hand, which has a DS with Pokémon on it*
DP rules. Basically the Pysical/Special attack change. Asside from the obvious new moves/abilities. There isn't anything else we need, right?
I should be able to ref D/P after serebii and veekun calm down.
Yea, that'll be a while. Serebii doesn't load fast enough, if at all, especially during peek American hours. Which will damper any ref speed, I would think.

~Jack~

Fenix
05-02-2007, 04:19 AM
I'll be willing to ref D/P too when it comes out, but like others have said, it will probably take me a little while to get up to speed with it since I still don't have it memorized which attacks are special vs physical.

Marth
05-02-2007, 04:46 AM
DP rules. Basically the Pysical/Special attack change. Asside from the obvious new moves/abilities. There isn't anything else we need, right?
~Jack~

I've found some discrepancies between Serebii and the list that you gave.
For example, there's this Ghost Flying Pokémon...Dribfling, something like that, which has an ability that is described:
Serebii: Speed goes up IF it has no hold item.
Other source: Speed goes up AFTER eating/using hold item; x2.
That's why I'd like a reliable source that could be proven; and there are certain moves that still need some information before being reffed (Yami mentioned Gyro Ball, for example); and I'm sure there are some combos which outcome has yet to be proven.
I guess Smogon is our best option.... but I can't load their page; takes too long most of the time.

Jack of Clovers
05-02-2007, 04:56 AM
Well, I have Drifloon in game. Here's what it says.

Unburden: Raises Speed if a held item is used. (Pretty much when it eats a Berry.)

Now, yes, there will be some abilities/moves that will need to be tested. Gyro Ball is a good example. And some abilities I guess on how much it increases, Tangled Feet for example, but it's an educated guess for now. Perhaps while DP is out, we shouldn't use moves that are in question.

~Jack~

Loyal Arcanine
05-02-2007, 07:00 AM
Gyro Ball and other moves are in the link I posted earlier. I'm working on editing them in the moves list.

AmericanTreeFrog
05-02-2007, 05:18 PM
I'll be reffing DP :)

SiberianTiger
05-03-2007, 01:14 AM
I will as well.

~Isaiah

.AzureLight
05-03-2007, 09:57 PM
I've been awaiting this for a while. Not sure how much I'd be reffing though. :ermm:

Leman
05-04-2007, 12:17 AM
I'd ref D/P. :D

LS
05-04-2007, 06:09 AM
Same here. I wouldn't mind.

Fossil Fusion
05-04-2007, 12:30 PM
I guess i can. But it sucks that us Brits dont have D/P yet :|

Volcanflame
05-07-2007, 04:09 AM
I guess I will try :o

And yeah, we need full information about Gyro Ball and such, hopefully, before DP is implemented.

-Volcan-

Jack of Clovers
05-07-2007, 08:08 AM
I don't think it's fair to delay the release because of 1-2 moves, still under research. Though, I doubt anyone would use a move in which they don't know how it works.

~Jack~

Volcanflame
05-08-2007, 05:12 AM
I don't think it's fair to delay the release because of 1-2 moves, still under research. Though, I doubt anyone would use a move in which they don't know how it works.

~Jack~
When will DP implemented?

-Volcan-

SiberianTiger
05-08-2007, 05:13 AM
To be honest I'm ready and willing to start reffing D/P rules.

~Isaiah