PDA

View Full Version : Slamdunk

mootixguy
05-01-2007, 08:34 AM
Hey, how come no one likes Slamdunk? It's so funny! I mean, it's not just about basketball, in case some of you hate basketball. I don't really like bball, but I love Slamdunk lol. I have half the collection of Slamdunk manga before I decided to stop spending money... Wish the anime was still on on AXN or something.

Poltergeist
05-02-2007, 12:28 AM
Yeah I am actually interested in the series and would love to read the manga but unfortuanetly Rajin comics failed to launch the entire series and even though viz has the rights to it they so far don't have any plans to release it in english and I don't have any plans to travel to singapore to get it. Still I have read some Slam Dunk online and do think its funny and that it could have some succes here if Viz tried to promote it.

skiboydoggy
05-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Yeah I am actually interested in the series and would love to read the manga but unfortuanetly Rajin comics failed to launch the entire series and even though viz has the rights to it they so far don't have any plans to release it in english and I don't have any plans to travel to singapore to get it. Still I have read some Slam Dunk online and do think its funny and that it could have some succes here if Viz tried to promote it.
Thank you, Chuangyi is 1337sauce.
Fear Singapore!

Chuangyi also does Pokemon Adventures by the way.

Slamdunk is a pretty good manga, but it pretty much forces you to buy en masse, because they can easily spend one chapter on a rebound.

mootixguy
05-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Haha, yeah! The last book (book 31) especially, where every chapter spanned only, like, 10 seconds in real time or what. There was also hardly any dialogue in the last book, but I guess that added to the suspense.