PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Review

TSH
03-04-2004, 12:55 PM
FR/LG is gonna be so awesome when it's released. I love the graphics on it so far (*** version) and I can't WAIT until it comes out in the US. I hope it comes out this year and soon!

The graphics look completely amazing. I've noticed a few obvious changes thus far: mailboxes in front of buildings, new characters wandering Pallet town, Oak's Lab has better visuals. Everything looks more realistic.

I've noticed that Pokemon battles are mostly the same; Though, this is merely a preview. So just come to expect even more great things from Pokemon. :)

Got some more to add to this? Please post it! :dance:

Kenny_C.002
03-04-2004, 10:18 PM
From my sources, there is a high probability that secret bases and beauty contests will not be included, not that it's anything important to start with anyway...

Alakazam
03-04-2004, 10:43 PM
Well, the TMs and HMs are going to be the same as in R/S, and there will be MANY tutors teaching such moves as Body Slam, Nightmare, Explosion, and Rock Slide! It's already out in enlgish in Hong Kong, and can be purchased through ebay. I can't wait to get my copy, that's for sure! :cool:

Kenny_C.002
03-05-2004, 02:27 AM
Wow that's sweet (english in HK). So the American should be here shortly.

Alakazam
03-05-2004, 02:40 AM
I would think so...but then again, I'm kinda worried about when it's coming out in the US, since no release date has been set -_-

Half a Dollar
03-05-2004, 04:41 AM
I don't wanna think that it will never come out.

Isn't it cool that you can catch Deoxy?

boltAge
03-05-2004, 01:10 PM
the most important is...

SUBSTITUTE

the 1337 mons uses it :mrgreen:

TSH
03-05-2004, 03:50 PM
Out in Hong Kong in English = cheesy knockoff by some fool who knows five words of English and decided to translate it. Don't waste your cash on the Hong Kong version, because it's obviously not the real deal.

But back to the subject...

YES. Kill the dumb beauty contests and pointless secret bases. I hated those features... Useless. I hear they're gonna have some incredibly in-depth tutorials... I hope not. That'd just be a waste of space. :confused:

I love the way the gfx look! Looks awesome! :biggrin:

Alakazam
03-05-2004, 03:55 PM
Out in Hong Kong in English = cheesy knockoff by some fool who knows five words of English and decided to translate it. Don't waste your cash on the Hong Kong version, because it's obviously not the real deal.

But back to the subject...

YES. Kill the dumb beauty contests and pointless secret bases. I hated those features... Useless. I hear they're gonna have some incredibly in-depth tutorials... I hope not. That'd just be a waste of space. :confused:

I love the way the gfx look! Looks awesome! :biggrin:
I know what you mean, but not all of the HK FR/LG carts are like that. I know someone who was easily able to find the real deal. s_s

Thunderbird
03-06-2004, 06:46 AM

Yep, there ar some in-depth tutorials in FR/LG for newbies, but we dun nid to worry about space since GBA carts have a lot of space compared to GB and GBC ones. :razz:

I know what you mean, but not all of the HK FR/LG carts are like that. I know someone who was easily able to find the real deal. s_s
I'll inform u if i can find one. :razz:

boltAge
03-06-2004, 06:51 AM
I know what you mean, but not all of the HK FR/LG carts are like that. I know someone who was easily able to find the real deal. s_sYou need to know that, those carts are NOT reliable. Sometimes they're just another game in disguise, or have terrible data storage(Yay, I start in Pallet Town! I caught a Rattata, save > off! I turn it on, where is my Rattata?).

The Elite Ygseto
03-06-2004, 07:18 AM
I don't wanna think that it will never come out.

Isn't it cool that you can catch Deoxy?
You can?! That's cool, but Mewtwo is much better.

Thunderbird
03-06-2004, 07:22 AM
You can?! That's cool, but Mewtwo is much better.Anyway, both Mewtwo and Deoxys can be caught in the game.

The only difference is that Deoxys nid e-card/promotion at lv 30, while Mewtwo is in unknown dungeon at lv 70.

--White Wolf--
03-06-2004, 08:05 AM
Is there a ROM of FR/LG in English version on the net already??

Thunderbird
03-06-2004, 08:08 AM
Is there a ROM of FR/LG in English version on the net already??We cannot discuss anything abt ROM in this forum..

--White Wolf--
03-06-2004, 08:35 AM
We cannot discuss anything abt ROM in this forum..
Sorry didn't know that...:rolleyes:

Pokemon World Mazter
03-06-2004, 02:25 PM
Wow its awesome to see how much things have enhanced in the new versions! I wish it comes out soon. I have seen quite a few pictures of these games, and they rock! And yeah.. Roms are completely illegal so please dont discuss stuff like that, lets keep the new forums clean :cool:

boltAge
03-06-2004, 04:40 PM
Wow its awesome to see how much things have enhanced in the new versions! I wish it comes out soon. I have seen quite a few pictures of these games, and they rock! And yeah.. Roms are completely illegal so please dont discuss stuff like that, lets keep the new forums clean :cool:ROMS ARE NOT ILLEGAL IF YOU HAVE THE CARTRIDGE

^_^ for your knowledge.

PokemonMaster-Chris
03-06-2004, 05:32 PM
ROMS ARE NOT ILLEGAL IF YOU HAVE THE CARTRIDGE

^_^ for your knowledge.
LOL THEY ARE ILLEGAL WHETHER YOU OWN THE CARTRIDGE OR NOT!

Princemallow14
03-06-2004, 06:16 PM
You can catch DEOXYS? OMG!

silverfrost
03-06-2004, 06:29 PM
You can catch DEOXYS? OMG!

Yeah, but I only like its sprite in FR... ew @ the sprite in LG. =P

boltAge
03-07-2004, 12:51 AM
LOL THEY ARE ILLEGAL WHETHER YOU OWN THE CARTRIDGE OR NOT!lol...

THEY
ARE
NOT
ILLEGAL
IF
YOU
OWN
THE CARTRIDGE

ROMS are generated by a machine that takes information from a cartridge into the computer. And it is NOT illegal to do so because you own the cartridge.

CASE CLOSED
n00b DESTROYED

Don't bother replying to this, I'm right.

VenusaurTrainer
03-07-2004, 01:07 AM
lol...

THEY
ARE
NOT
ILLEGAL
IF
YOU
OWN
THE CARTRIDGE

ROMS are generated by a machine that takes information from a cartridge into the computer. And it is NOT illegal to do so because you own the cartridge.

CASE CLOSED
n00b DESTROYED

Don't bother replying to this, I'm right.
Yep their not illegal if you own the cartridge.

Jerry Neal
03-07-2004, 03:21 AM
Unfortunately, you cant' get into the unknown dungeon until you have 100 pokemon in your pokedex. Deoxys is on island 9. The ticket to the island is in the game itself. Not an e-card. The location of this "Aurora Ticket" is still unknown.

Thunderbird
03-07-2004, 05:27 AM
Unfortunately, you cant' get into the unknown dungeon until you have 100 pokemon in your pokedex. Deoxys is on island 9. The ticket to the island is in the game itself. Not an e-card. The location of this "Aurora Ticket" is still unknown.But i'm sure that Lugia and Ho-oh needs an e-card. :sad:

POKEBOY1
03-07-2004, 06:40 PM
Well, the TMs and HMs are going to be the same as in R/S, and there will be MANY tutors teaching such moves as Body Slam, Nightmare, Explosion, and Rock Slide! It's already out in enlgish in Hong Kong, and can be purchased through ebay. I can't wait to get my copy, that's for sure! :cool:
i saw the english version on ebay but i didn't no if it was for real is it???http://www.pokemon.com

POKEBOY1
03-07-2004, 06:45 PM
But i'm sure that Lugia and Ho-oh needs an e-card. :sad:
what aurura ticket and tell me about the islands :pray:

Alpha
03-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Don't double post POKEBOY1.

Aurora Ticket is a ticket for you to go to island 9 (Birth Island) and there you must solve a puzzle to catch Deoxy (LV. 30).

The islands are a new addition to Red and Green, you can travel there after you defeat Blaine. There's 9 islands so far.

Jerry Neal
03-07-2004, 06:58 PM
Alpha Alpha Alpha, he is not double posting. He is just giving out information. Why don't you talk about something else besides double posting.

Matthew
03-07-2004, 07:12 PM
Alpha Alpha Alpha, he is not double posting. He is just giving out information. Why don't you talk about something else besides double posting.
Actually... He was double posting whether or not he was giving out information, and actually, both of his posts were a question... not the handing out of information.... so don't tell Alpha what to do, because that is a little SPAMmy.

You guys, talking about whether or not ROMs are illegal or not is talking about ROMs... so please stop, though you guys probably have already. Just don't do it anymore, or I will report it to a mod.

Jerry Neal
03-07-2004, 07:21 PM
Then I suggest that you don't tell me what to do as well.

POKEBOY1
03-07-2004, 07:26 PM
Don't double post POKEBOY1.

thanks, i just joined and i am still getting used 2 the boards

Aurora Ticket is a ticket for you to go to island 9 (Birth Island) and there you must solve a puzzle to catch Deoxy (LV. 30).

The islands are a new addition to Red and Green, you can travel there after you defeat Blaine. There's 9 islands so far.

TSH
03-08-2004, 12:26 AM
i saw the english version on ebay but i didn't no if it was for real is it???http://www.pokemon.com/

Hmm... That cartridge may be real... But you got to remember, it's probably some cheezy translation done by an amateur. If I were you, i'd wait for the real thing. Don't take the risk. Not worth wasting your cash on a risk, now is it?

GreenF!reR@ge
03-18-2004, 07:57 PM
I can't wait for it to come out!!!!!!!!!!!!