PDA

View Full Version : Her◙es [Contains Super Spoilers]

Psychic Oats
05-02-2007, 01:38 AM
H E R E ◙ S

As the title suggests, this thread is basically for anyone who likes the show, or just wants to know about it. As of now, it's my favorite show, just because I've followed it from the beginning, and because Hiro and Sylar are awesome. :wink:

Post things like your favorite character/episode/power, anything. As for me, I'd have to say Sylar's my favorite, cause he's just teh awesome-ness :biggrin: Hiro's cool too, but I find he's progressively losing his old Hiro charm that he had in the older episodes. I really did like all the action in yesterday's episode though. I'm glad they're starting to expand upon the hero fights.

I hope someone on this forum likes the show besides me, or else its going to get very lonely ;_;

EmBreon
05-03-2007, 05:09 AM
At first I thought that show was pretty stale, but it's grown on me a lot. :)

Peter is definitely my favorite because he's got that whole Rogue thing going for him. And I've always loved Milo Ventimiglia (mostly because he's smokin' :P) Claire is pretty sweet too. I'd love to be able to jump off a building whenever I wanted without being afraid I'd die. ;P

Topher
05-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Well I can't really get into it since I haven't seen a ton of episodes so I just stopped watching it :oops:

But as for NBC it's shows are great!

Shady
05-04-2007, 07:36 AM
Yay, a Heroes thread. xD It's always a toss up on Wednesday nights, whether to watch this or House. Heroes seems to always win. xD

My favourite character's are probably Hiro and Ando xD They are so funny.

I gotta say my least favourite is the flying guy, Nathan Petrelli. Scenes with him in them are almost always boring. xP

Psychic Oats
05-06-2007, 04:02 AM
Yay, a Heroes thread. xD It's always a toss up on Wednesday nights, whether to watch this or House. Heroes seems to always win. xD

My favourite character's are probably Hiro and Ando xD They are so funny.

I gotta say my least favourite is the flying guy, Nathan Petrelli. Scenes with him in them are almost always boring. xP

Ando's awesome. I think his complete pompousness is the funniest thing about him.

And I completely agree with you on Nathan. Every time it goes to one of his scenes it's like: Great. Another one. :susp:

I didn't think Linderman would have a power. As a matter of fact, I'm dissapointed that he does. They need more main characters without powers. (Hooray for Ando!)

Loveydovey
05-10-2007, 11:34 PM
OOO!
I've only seen some episodes of this series, but they seem quite nice. Although I hate Sylar to the DEATH. D: He's so mean... Oh, well. Characters I love are Hiro and his friend and the blonde woman with double personality. ._.

Yggdrasill
05-11-2007, 07:23 PM
I've started watching Heroes recently. I've only just watched the episode where Claude (The guy who can turn invisible) makes his second appearance.
My favourite character is Hiro, he's the funniest. =D

Crossfire Chaos
05-22-2007, 02:38 AM
Well, Season 1's finale has been shown today. I really enjoy the show, but I want to hear other opinions, predictions of season 2. The only rule is that you answer this question at the beginning of your post.

What would be your power?

Matt
05-22-2007, 02:44 AM
Seduction. ;)

Sylar must be alive, how else would that sewer thing make sense? And there has to be SOMETHING with the man that the young girl could not track (she said it was because he always saw her when she looked for him). I really want to know who that is. Hiro will be fine, but I don't know why he's in 17th century Japan. He will either associate or teleport, but frankly, I don't get it.

Crossfire Chaos
05-22-2007, 09:13 PM
Instant Understanding (like Sylar) or Amazing Memory (like the coffe shop girl)

Sylar must be alive, how else would that sewer thing make sense?
Well, that's what it seems like and it does fill in some plot holes. (namely in the "5 years later" episode where he still survives even without Claire's regeneration)

And there has to be SOMETHING with the man that the young girl could not track (she said it was because he always saw her when she looked for him). I really want to know who that is.
When I first heard this I immediately though "Isaac" but he's dead. Then I Though Peter (because of his many powers including Issac's) But then I realized she would have been unable to track Sylar.

So, yes, this is quite ominous, and it does give the heroes a possible new enemy.

Hiro will be fine, but I don't know why he's in 17th century Japan. He will either associate or teleport, but frankly, I don't get it.

Kensei is there. And It's possible that, like previous times where fate changed his power's destination, he was sent here to learn from him.

I'd like to know what the old black man's power is though. It's never directly stated, but I think it might be the dream premonitions like Peter could do after meeting him. I'd also like to know the power of Grandma Petrelli, I know she has one, I can feel it in my bones.

Matt
05-22-2007, 09:39 PM
I'd like to know what the old black man's power is though. It's never directly stated, but I think it might be the dream premonitions like Peter could do after meeting him. I'd also like to know the power of Grandma Petrelli, I know she has one, I can feel it in my bones.

Here's what wiki brought about Simone's dad:

Charles later appeared in "How to Stop an Exploding Man" whether as a dream figure, as part of a time-travel journey of Peter's, or by some other mechanism is left deliberately unclear and seemed able to see Peter while the latter is invisible. It is implied at this time that Charles was part of a previous generation of "heroes," and he seemed to be aware of Linderman's and Angela Petrelli's plot. However, he seemed to be quietly opposed to their machinations, and firmly believed that Peter's love and compassion, rather than Nathan's ambition, would save the world.

And yes, I've been wodering about Mama Petrelli as well.

KOR
05-22-2007, 11:28 PM
I think Peter is going to live. He was the bomb in the future and he regenerated so wouldn't Peter be able to regenerate too. And Peter can fly so he wouldn't fall to his death. But Nathan however is probably dead. I have an idea about how Hiro ended up where he is. He was flying backwards and used his teleport power and probably tried to teleport back to Japan. But he was flying backwards so he would go back in time to Japan. And then the guy in blue has the helix on his banner so i wonder what that's about. I think the man is going to be a new character.

Psychic Oats
05-22-2007, 11:57 PM
I've started watching Heroes recently. I've only just watched the episode where Claude (The guy who can turn invisible) makes his second appearance.
My favourite character is Hiro, he's the funniest. =D

Claude's cool. They havn't had him in the show for a ton of episodes, though. ;_;

Did anyone see the finale last night???

IT WAS AMAZING.
That hero showdown at the end: pure genius.

KOR
05-23-2007, 12:06 AM
Claude's cool. They havn't had him in the show for a ton of episodes, though. ;_;

Did anyone see the finale last night???

IT WAS AMAZING.
That hero showdown at the end: pure genius.
I wish it had a little more fighting but overall it was good. I like how Hero swears as the last line. I can't wait for next season. All the good shows are ending and it sucks. Heroes, House, American Idol.

Matt
05-23-2007, 12:40 AM
I think Peter is going to live. He was the bomb in the future and he regenerated so wouldn't Peter be able to regenerate too. And Peter can fly so he wouldn't fall to his death. But Nathan however is probably dead. I have an idea about how Hiro ended up where he is. He was flying backwards and used his teleport power and probably tried to teleport back to Japan. But he was flying backwards so he would go back in time to Japan. And then the guy in blue has the helix on his banner so i wonder what that's about. I think the man is going to be a new character.
Peter can't regenerate if he's in a million pieces. It's not like the pieces can individually move back together...

Crossfire Chaos
05-24-2007, 01:16 AM
Peter can't regenerate if he's in a million pieces. It's not like the pieces can individually move back together...

Uh.. It's already proven he can. In the "5 years later" episode it talks about how Peter was the one who exploded and not Sylar. So if he's still alive then, then he will survive now.

KOR
05-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Yeah but whats sad is that Nathan is going to stay dead. That's gotta suck.

Sixto
11-27-2007, 02:11 AM
I'm reviving this since there is no point in wasting space in creating a new one when there's a thread already. Besides, if I open a new one, it's going to be about the exact same topic anyway.

So, I didn't watch since the beginning, but thanx to Veoh, I've been on board since the first episode of season 2.

My favorite character is teh hawtness Claire and her awesome regenerating power.

Next Monday is the finale (damn writer's strike :susp:) and I'm pretty bumed, but can't wait nonetheless.

IT
11-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Heroes is an extremely American TV-show, and there's nothing more what I despise more than these kind of series. They really get you hooked and I hate being hooked to non-brainer series. >:

Sixto
09-23-2008, 02:37 AM
OMG, it's back!

Highlight for spoilers: Niki freezes people now?! Dr. Suresh has powers!? Claire might have more! WTF?! What a beginning!

Pooka
09-23-2008, 08:26 PM
OMG, it's back!

Highlight for spoilers: Niki freezes people now?! Dr. Suresh has powers!? Claire might have more! WTF?! What a beginning!

Yay! I <3 Heroes!

Season 3 isn't out here yet, but it's coming in less than two weeks. I'm so hyped, I can't wait much longer!

Neon_Espeon
09-24-2008, 08:30 AM
I didn't know Mods could revive threads... (Arnt I smrt lool?)

Well, I'll try not to say anything besides: Wow, after watching that season opener, that certainly was alot of Interesting stuff of neat-ness... Yeah, It's hard to talk about It without spoiling anything. =p

D Nite
09-24-2008, 11:17 AM
OMG peter petrelli is a gangster

EmBreon
09-28-2008, 03:45 AM
I just spent 60 dollars buying the first two seasons. :x And then I stayed up until 5am so I could finish season 2 in time.

Such an incredibly awesome and addicting show. I love Hiro so much. "FLYING MAN! woossshhhh!"

OMG, it's back!

OMG Spoilers: Claire has more? Where? D: I know she lost her pain recognition nerves when Sylar stole her power, but that's not exactly something new. And yeah! I'm so confused about Nikki. Her name is Tracy now, and wha...?

And whatever happened to Caitlin? Peter left her in the future where the virus spread. But it's changed now, so is she just...stuck?

Also, have you noticed that it seems Peter is always the one to mess up the world? Season 1: He's the nuclear bomb that explodes, Season 2: He led Adam to the Shanti virus, Season 3: He goes back in time and messes everything up.

Supposedly...

Ugh, I'm dying to know what happens next.

Dr Scott
09-28-2008, 02:14 PM
Yeah, it's all confusing.

My main man is Noah "the beast" Bennet. I mean, he's the coolest guy and he doesn't even have a power!

Plus he's always one step ahead. Peter is just plain dumb (der, I can read minds but won't use it to my advantage and see the bad guy is lying der).

Oh, and Suresh is a jerk.

Sixto
09-28-2008, 04:04 PM
What happened to Michah!? Wouldn't it be rad if we can talk to computers? "Haha, I own Google now." XD I would be changing traffic lights to my advantage all the time. "I told it to, it didn't want to cause an old lady was coming, but it did it anyway."

So Mohinder has powers now, and what happened to Micah's cousin and did you see Ando!? O.o

Also, I've changed the title so we don't have to write in white anymore. [/racist]

Shuckle Prophet
09-28-2008, 04:10 PM
I love the show. D:
Seriously though, it's as if Michah and his cousin disappeared off the face of the Earth.
Hiro is my favorite character, due to the fact his "Flying Man!" is hilarious.
I still can't believe Claire doesn't feel anything anymore. Poor Claire.

-Hail the Shuckle!

Pooka
09-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Yeah, it's all confusing.

My main man is Noah "the beast" Bennet. I mean, he's the coolest guy and he doesn't even have a power!

Plus he's always one step ahead. Peter is just plain dumb (der, I can read minds but won't use it to my advantage and see the bad guy is lying der).

Oh, and Suresh is a jerk.

Noah is teh shiz! He's easily my favourite character, followed closely by Hiro. I hate pretty much everyone else, apart from Nathan. Mohinder was dead to me as soon as he shot Noah. :angry:

Dr Scott
09-30-2008, 02:13 AM
Note: The below is about the latest episode. Don't read if you haven't seen it. White stuff below.

Noah is still the man.

Pretty interesting, but I wish they made the villains tougher. They talked them up last season: "they're tougher then Sylar" "you don't even want to see them" and Sylar OWNED like three of them at once ... And the whole 'if Sylar is level two, what's in level five?' stuff.

La-aaaame.

And really, the Haitan is the strongest character, especially teamed with Noah. Any powers before him is useless, and so even Sylar and Peter are like ... Claire's mom. So then Noah can do his stuff against people who rely too much on their power. The only one who has actual non-power skills is Hiro with his sword powers...

This show needs cooler villains.

Sixto
09-30-2008, 03:19 AM
Note: The below is about the latest episode. Don't read if you haven't seen it. White stuff below.

Noah is still the man.

Pretty interesting, but I wish they made the villains tougher. They talked them up last season: "they're tougher then Sylar" "you don't even want to see them" and Sylar OWNED like three of them at once ... And the whole 'if Sylar is level two, what's in level five?' stuff.

La-aaaame.

And really, the Haitan is the strongest character, especially teamed with Noah. Any powers before him is useless, and so even Sylar and Peter are like ... Claire's mom. So then Noah can do his stuff against people who rely too much on their power. The only one who has actual non-power skills is Hiro with his sword powers...

This show needs cooler villains.
You don't have to put stuff in white, Scott. XD That's why I changed the thread title. They should know walking in here will lead to spoil-ness. :p

Anyway, Claire is turning evil. I like 'em fesity! >=F What her mom did with her was pretty cool.

And that fast girl called Hiro Pikachu. lol

Can't wait for the next one.

EmBreon
09-30-2008, 08:26 PM
And that fast girl called Hiro Pikachu. lol

Haha, I heard that too! I thought I was just hearing things... it doesn't make any sense, honestly. :neutral:

I'm starting to actually like Sylar. If what Ms. Petrelli said was true, and he really can't help his psychopath tendencies, then I like him. :) Maybe they will turn him good this season or something. It's starting to look that way with him not standing by the group of villains in that vision of hers...

And it seems Nikki is really dead. :( But she has a bunch of clones?

Dr Scott
10-01-2008, 02:20 AM
A stereotype of Japan is that they are anime freaks and whatnot. And Pokemon is a popular anime / manga / show. And since Pikachu is the most famous, and even non-Pokemon people know it, then ... yeah.

So, it works. It was a joke on his heritage.

And I was whiting it out in case people hadn't seen it / hadn't gotten to see it yet :P.

I think FUTURE Claire is evil, because her hair was dyed like it was. Maybe future Claire can somehow teleport into the future or get someone / use something too. Also, she's supposed to be 'special,' so maybe she naturally starts gaining more powers ...

It'd be weak to make Sylar good, I hope he's just playing good ... because he's the only decent villain so far.

Sixto
10-01-2008, 03:01 AM
A stereotype of Japan is that they are anime freaks and whatnot. And Pokemon is a popular anime / manga / show. And since Pikachu is the most famous, and even non-Pokemon people know it, then ... yeah.

So, it works. It was a joke on his heritage.

And I was whiting it out in case people hadn't seen it / hadn't gotten to see it yet :P.

I think FUTURE Claire is evil, because her hair was dyed like it was. Maybe future Claire can somehow teleport into the future or get someone / use something too. Also, she's supposed to be 'special,' so maybe she naturally starts gaining more powers ...

It'd be weak to make Sylar good, I hope he's just playing good ... because he's the only decent villain so far.
Hmm, that can be true since she IS after all a Pitrelli by blood. And it seems Sylar is Peter's brother now, so them gaining powers would make sense.

Also, since this seasons is called Villain(S), plural, means possibly more villains will be introduced, hopefully more evil than Sylar since he's getting soft. :p

RawrIsMyMiddleName
10-01-2008, 05:33 AM
The show's grown on me.

I watched a few episodes and when that asian dude was named Hiro I thought it was dumb. Now I like the show.

-hooked-

Sixto
10-07-2008, 02:57 AM
Mohinder is abusing his powers and I like emo Claire. She looks good with dark eyeliner. I still really want new villains...

Also, OMG, who's that guy that "comes back"? I can't wait for next week!

poke123
10-07-2008, 03:22 AM
Mohinder is abusing his powers and I like emo Claire. She looks good with dark eyeliner. I still really want new villains...

Also, OMG, who's that guy that "comes back"? I can't wait for next week!

I can't wait either! Do you think Nathan is adopted? Cuz his mom tells him that she injected him and gave him his power or something (in the preview for the next episode).
It would make sense cuz it seems weird that Peter and Sylar got similar powers, but Nathan got the power of flight. I wonder what power their mom has?

Dr Scott
10-07-2008, 03:22 AM
Based on who was talking and whatnot I'm guessing it's Peter's/Nathan's/Sylar's dad, who is supposed to be dead.

I kinda liked good Sylar, though it would have been cooler to see the two tough peoples fight together. It made him eviler by not having the 'hunger,' but I can live with this. Means the show has no decent bad guys though.

Looks like Peter was pretty bad though if he's labeled a terrorist and every other hero was after him.

And it was kinda sad to see Sylar name his kid Noah. I don't want anything to happen to him :(. I WANT HIM TO LIIIIVE. Though it'd be lame if he died again...

Edit to the above: Their mom's ability is to see the future through dreams. In this season she told future Peter "where do you think you had the ability to see the future through your dreams?" And that's how he could dream himself blowing up in season one and whatnot.

And in the 'future' it said it drew a line between those who had powers given and those who had it natural, which means that the terrorists could be the 'natural power' people, but this is just conjecture and would mean that the Haitan and Claire both were injected too.

EmBreon
10-09-2008, 06:13 AM
I can't wait either! Do you think Nathan is adopted? Cuz his mom tells him that she injected him and gave him his power or something (in the preview for the next episode).
It would make sense cuz it seems weird that Peter and Sylar got similar powers, but Nathan got the power of flight. I wonder what power their mom has?

Whoa, I never thought of that. But yeah, it would make sense. :o

Also yeah, there's 50 good guys and no villains... Sylar was the best for sure, but he was getting boring just chopping peoples scalps off; they need someone new and definitely more badass. The level 5 guys were a complete joke.

I wish they would make a cool Peter vs. Sylar duel like they did in season one. Except actually show it instead of *really epic climactic intro*.....*cut scene*.

And I miss Nikki and her psychopath tendencies. :sad:

Dr Scott
10-10-2008, 12:24 AM
Their powers aren't that similar; Peter can have powers of those near him and Sylar can figure out how things works (which allows him to find out how people use their powers.) I guess it's a little alike ...

I don't know if he's adopted, that'd be just a little ... too weird. I think it's more likely that he never had powers and the two powered parents didn't like it so they gave him the powers. I'm guessing it's the same with the Haitan, Claire, ... because of what Peter said about those with powers given and those with natural powers fighting.

Sixto
10-14-2008, 02:02 AM
OMG! This was a good episode. Why the hell did Suresh do that to Maya!? >=(

And Hiro? Why, Hiro, why!? It's getting confusing, but the show is so good. Looks like next week will be better. Also, was that Nathan old? Or was he the guy who killed Nathan, Peter and Tracy (Nikki)?

Dr Scott
10-14-2008, 02:06 AM
That's their daddy ... it already spoiled it in the commercials, and I guessed last week :P.

By 'their daddy' I mean Momma Evil's husband and Peter, Sylar and Nathan's daddy. And Claire's grandpa ...

I thought it was a meh episode, though it was good to see MAH MAN BENNETT! And I can't wait until Ando learns the KAMEHAMEHA XD

poke123
10-18-2008, 02:27 AM
WHY DID HIRO KILL ANDO????

It makes me pretty mad. Hiro better bring Ando back to life or something. On another note, I wonder how Maury escaped his mental prison. I mean, it's cool that they brought him back, but they left some gaps. I kinda figured that it was Maury when I realized that Linderman was an illusion. I wonder why they didn't show Matt Parkman in the episode.

spartan117
10-18-2008, 02:48 AM
WHY DID HIRO KILL ANDO????

It makes me pretty mad. Hiro better bring Ando back to life or something. On another note, I wonder how Maury escaped his mental prison. I mean, it's cool that they brought him back, but they left some gaps. I kinda figured that it was Maury when I realized that Linderman was an illusion. I wonder why they didn't show Matt Parkman in the episode.
I think Hiro might go back in time to save Ando or something like that. But yea I wasnt expecting that.

Sixto
10-21-2008, 02:01 AM
Today's episode was one of the best. The Russian Roulette-esque scene was a clever one, and the way it played out was great. Things are started to come along quite nicely.

And the Peter vs. Sylar scene was like right out of Mortal Kombat. First, the signature Raiden Torpedo blasting him against walls, then (like Raiden) shocks him, finally FINISH HIM! XD

And OMG, what a cliffhanger! By the looks of what's to come next Monday, this isn't the climax. Good thing, too. Now THAT'S the kind of villain I was waiting for!

Sixto
02-03-2009, 02:04 AM
OMG, did ya'll see that!? WOW

Can't wait for more.