PDA

View Full Version : WiFi and GTS -{ Q and A }-

Pages : [1] 2

Jack of Clovers
05-02-2007, 02:50 AM
If you are having trouble setting up your WiFi connection in Diamond/Pearl, or have questions concerning it, ask here.

Anything relating to connecting to the Global Trading Station should be asked here.

Make sure you detail your problem as fully as you can. Saying "I can't connect, help me" won't get you any help.

Key Links:

Nintendo Router Compatibility (http://www.nintendowifi.com/consumerservice/routerSetup.do)

Nintendo WiFi Tech Support (http://www.nintendowifi.com/customersupport/SupportHome.jsp)

Pocket Gamer- WiFi Walkthrough (http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/DS/feature.asp?t=how_to&c=701)

If it turns out we can't help you, try contacting Nintendo, your Router company, or your Computer company.

AshMistyMayfan
05-02-2007, 03:33 AM
How do we register friends? I believe if this is right, you go to your Pal Pad, put in your friend's name, and then put in their code numbers? HOw could you kind of make contact with the ones you register if you live say in the West Coast and they lived in say Japan? THat's the part I'm kind of lost on.

On the GTC, do I put out a Pokemon from my team as trade offer, and then seek the Pokemon I want? How do I know which is a good deal or a bad deal since I see so many of this going around the NFL on draft day? I don't want people to get upset that I'm offering a bad Pokemon in their opinion.

Jack of Clovers
05-02-2007, 04:06 AM
How do we register friends? I believe if this is right, you go to your Pal Pad, put in your friend's name, and then put in their code numbers?
Yea, that's right.
HOw could you kind of make contact with the ones you register if you live say in the West Coast and they lived in say Japan? THat's the part I'm kind of lost on.
In game, you can contact them if they are using the WiFi. If they aren't connected, then you'll need to contact them some other way (Internet, e-mail, phone, whatever).
On the GTC, do I put out a Pokemon from my team as trade offer, and then seek the Pokemon I want? How do I know which is a good deal or a bad deal since I see so many of this going around the NFL on draft day? I don't want people to get upset that I'm offering a bad Pokemon in their opinion.
Well, depends on the trade. If you're offering Starly for Mew, yea, I don't think anyone would trade that. Basically, just trade what you're willing to part with for that particular Pokemon. You never know until you try.

~Jack~

mootixguy
05-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Um, when you do something on Wifi, do they automatically use your first Wifi connection that you set up? Because there're three connections that you can set up.

AshMistyMayfan
05-02-2007, 05:22 PM
I just put up a Quagsire level 21 and requested a level 9 Glameow. If I put up the trade last night, should I check the GTC every 24 hours or so and see if anybody worldwide took the trade? HOw would I then know my trade was accepted, would the Glameow be standing there?

Oh, the 3 connections, that I believe is only for an establishment you are at, like McDonalds from waht I heard. I tried it and it never found an access source from my house because I didn't press the set up YOUR USB connection. :oops:

Mileron
05-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Um, when you do something on Wifi, do they automatically use your first Wifi connection that you set up? Because there're three connections that you can set up.

Yes.

You use the one you've selected when you enter the Nintendo WFC options from the main game menu.

I have two connections, one for home, one for work... but I still can't find out the access point name for the work connection :(

WifiFX
05-02-2007, 06:19 PM
My Wifi Is acting up!! I see that 3 bar thing and all three are lit up green, I can go to the GTS but everytime I do, When I seek a Poke'mon it comes up "GTS check failed!"

When I was trading online with another PE2K Member, It cut us both off, AND every poke'mon I put up for trade goes away and I don't get the poke'mon I wanted!!!! It gives me the option to deposit another pokemon AND Something just came up on my Computer saying...I'ts gone now...:oops: PM me to help Please!!!!

thirty-six
05-02-2007, 06:25 PM
When searching for pokemon (GTS), there's a place where it says trainers location, I wanna know how to input it if mines not already done.

WifiFX
05-02-2007, 06:32 PM
Go the globe outside of the receptionist.

Gastlygoo
05-03-2007, 12:17 AM
Go the globe outside of the receptionist.
what's an IP address

Wobbuffet113
05-03-2007, 12:37 AM
ow do you find a WEP key on a Mac? I could probably get connected and figure out the rest myself, my i cannot find the WEP key anywhere in the Mac, its well hidden... any suggestions? I cannot turn the airport on without it, and I cannot make up my own and it is NOT on my wireless router thing.

Lord Voldemort
05-03-2007, 01:04 AM
The Nintendo help page says that my Wireless router isn't compatible with WiFi.
Does that mean that the only two options open to me are to get a new router, or to get one of them WiFi USB Connecter things?

dialggron
05-03-2007, 01:09 AM
how do i get my friend code? i just got a japanese lvl 80 infernape for a lvl 33 manaphy and i still dont know it

FLIP Joven
05-03-2007, 01:59 AM
yeah i'm having trouble with connect my wifi too. i got my ds connected to the usb connector but everytime i pick connection 1 and search for an access point it says,"no access point in range," and if i go to AOSS it can't detect anything. do i gotta change anything to make it work? it's really getting annoying.

Pearl
05-03-2007, 05:26 AM
How do you use wi-fi on you wireless internet?

AshMistyMayfan
05-03-2007, 06:30 AM
yeah i'm having trouble with connect my wifi too. i got my ds connected to the usb connector but everytime i pick connection 1 and search for an access point it says,"no access point in range," and if i go to AOSS it can't detect anything. do i gotta change anything to make it work? it's really getting annoying.

No, that's wrong. You got to pick the connect to YOUR USB option. I went through the same mistake myself and then I found out I hit the wrong connection. Once I did that, it connected right away. I just did a Pokemon trade today and I got 2 online battles lined up once we figure out my time zone from california.

Gastlygoo
05-03-2007, 12:01 PM
what's an IP address
I'm trying to get my wifi set up because my dad wont help and I can't find an accesspoint ether it always says "Unable to find an IP address. Move within range of the access point or check DHCP settings" but at the start the bars go green then near the end it goes red what does this mean?

Jelly
05-03-2007, 10:27 PM
How can i find the wep key on my computer so that i can set up wifi?

Lord Voldemort
05-04-2007, 12:48 AM

You don't need a WEP key to set up WiFi, it's just that WEP key is the only encryption that you can use while your DS is connected to WiFI.

Now, can someone help me with this?
The Nintendo help page says that my Wireless router isn't compatible with WiFi.
Does that mean that the only two options open to me are to get a new router, or to get one of them WiFi USB Connecter things?
However, I would also like to ask if you need to have the CD to use the USB WiFi connector.

Jack of Clovers
05-04-2007, 07:07 AM
What Router do you have, Lord Voldemort?

I just put up a Quagsire level 21 and requested a level 9 Glameow. If I put up the trade last night, should I check the GTC every 24 hours or so and see if anybody worldwide took the trade? HOw would I then know my trade was accepted, would the Glameow be standing there?
You can check it whenever you want, be it 24 hrs or 72. You'll know the trade goes through when you first sign back in to the GTS. If your Pokemon was accepted by someone else, it'll start the trading scene and give you whatever you wanted. If it wasn't accepted yet, you won't see any trading video.
You don't connect to the USB adapter, you want to connect to the actual Router iteslf. Bascially, the DS is it's own adapter, searching for the Router to connect with.
The WEP key can be found by opening your Router program on your computer. It's usually under Settings, but I'd check your router instructions for better detail, since I don't know which system you're using.

~Jack~

Gastlygoo
05-04-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm trying to get my wifi set up because my dad wont help and I can't find an accesspoint ether it always says "Unable to find an IP address. Move within range of the access point or check DHCP settings" but at the start the bars go green then near the end it goes red what does this mean?
anyone going to help me?

Eiyoko
05-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Edit: Nevermind, I fixed it! ...I think.

.AzureLight
05-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Question about the GTS:

Why the hell are there so many idiotic noobs wanting level 100 Palkias and Dialgias for level 1-10 Pokemon they put no effort in whatsoever? :sleepy:

AshMistyMayfan
05-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Question about the GTS:

Why the hell are there so many idiotic noobs wanting level 100 Palkias and Dialgias for level 1-10 Pokemon they put no effort in whatsoever? :sleepy:

Yeah, tell me about it. I ask for a Turtwig or a Chimchar or even a male Piplup for mating and gee whiz...it's like if I give them a legendary which is a first round choice in NFL terms, then they'll give me their 7th round pick in the Turtwig/Chimchar! That is just not how you do a trade in sports, you say trade Chimchar and you send them your Piplup or Turtwig. You trade Mime Jr. for a Bonsly. That's how good trades work, but man, the Japan players have so much illogic in what they want!

Lord Voldemort
05-04-2007, 10:45 PM
What Router do you have, Lord Voldemort?
~Jack~

This (http://www.nintendowifi.com/customersupport/routerSelect.do?manufacturer=Belkin&router=%2Frouters%2Fen%2FF5D7231-4%20ver%201102%2FF5D7230-4v1102.html) one. I found out my original problem, but what do I need to be able to use a Nintendo WiFi USB Connecter?

Strawberry Maelstrom
05-05-2007, 02:41 AM
I keep getting Error Code 52103 when I try to connect to my USB. Can anybody shine some light on the situation?

AshMistyMayfan
05-05-2007, 05:04 AM
Is it true that when you battle somebody on WiFi that you can talk on the microphone to them? Everybody sounds different, and the voices, they kind of sound far. I also don't know what to say in this unique chat function.:oops:

spartan117
05-05-2007, 05:34 AM
Is it true that when you battle somebody on WiFi that you can talk on the microphone to them? Everybody sounds different, and the voices, they kind of sound far. I also don't know what to say in this unique chat function.:oops:
I dont know how to use that feature but Im sure you can do it. I saw that you need the special mic. to use that feature and I saw it in toys r us but I dont buy it.

Dark Chaos
05-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Question about the GTS:

I noticed that, too.
I saw on another forum that people were getting starters simply by putting up a Magikarp and requesting the starter they wanted. That's how I got my Piplup, although its name was in Japanese.
Funny how the Japanese people are so generous with their starters. :happy:

ArvEEK
05-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Do they prevent hacked pokemon for online battling, 'cause I think my friend traded me one.

Strawberry Maelstrom
05-06-2007, 02:15 AM
I keep getting Error Code 52103 when I try to connect to my USB. Can anybody shine some light on the situation?
I still need help here please.

Mileron
05-06-2007, 02:44 AM
I still need help here please.

http://www.nintendowifi.com/customersupport/troubleshoot.do?error=52103&x=2&y=8

The Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector is unable to connect to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Please read the following information:

* Are you using an anti-virus or firewall security program (such as Norton, Symantec, Zone Alarm, etc.)? If so, please read the following:
o Can you add a device or application to the "allowed list"? Check for an option to "add" the registration tool to its list of allowed applications. Test the connection after adding the registration tool.
o Disable the personal firewall portion of the software*. Test the connection.
o Disable the entire security program, and test the connection*.

* Does your Internet Service Provider (ISP) require you to sign in each time you wish to connect to the internet?
Some popular ISPs require a login each time you wish to connect, instead of an "always on" connection. Because the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector does not have a login tool to work these types of connections, the USB Connector may be incompatible with your home network. You may want to contact your ISP, or purchase a compatible router instead of using the USB Connector. Click here for help finding a compatible router.

* Are you using a router? Most routers have built-in firewalls. Some firewall settings could interfere with the USB Connector. Try logging into the router using its default IP address (consult the router's owner's manual for assistance) and lowering the security or disabling the firewall altogether*.

* If the above information does not work, it is possible that the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector is incompatible with your home network. You may want to consider purchasing a compatible router. Click here to view our list of router rankings.

*While Nintendo provides this information for our consumers' use, it is up to each consumer to determine what security needs they have for their own networks, and to decide how best to configure their network settings to meet those needs.

I don't remember if I linked the Nintendowifi.com page in this thread or another, but it is an excellent site to go to for nintendo wifi troubleshooting. Even has downloadable manuals.

PiplupLuver
05-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Wifi question...:
on my DS, I can get a full 3 bar connection to my wireless router,but it NEVER EVER can obtain the IP address.I got on the GTS about twice using my neighbors connection because my DS picked up the signal.

My psp can connect to my wireless router with ease....why not my DS?

THnks in advance!

Suicune the Swift
05-06-2007, 03:29 PM
I can't seem to connect to things such as the Global Trade Station. It says:

No compatible access point in range. Check your connection settings and try again. For help, visit www.nintendowifi.com (51100)

When I went to the Nintendo Wifi screen to chang the settings I tested the connection and it said connected. And I am currently on the internet.. so I really have no clue why it is not working...

Nikki the Mew
05-06-2007, 08:39 PM
I've got a problem, and I don't know how to fix it, at all.

I connect to the WFC, no problems. The people I want to trade with do, too. But when they invite me, and I apply, after a couple of minutes, I'm DC'd. The same happens to them, though, when I'm the one who invites.

What am I doing wrong? o.O I figured not having the 1st badge was the problem, but it still acts up now. Help me! (Urgent, please answer ASAP.)

.AzureLight
05-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Question: say I wanted a Staryu via Friend Code trade, do I need the National Dex?

Gastlygoo
05-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Question: say I wanted a Staryu via Friend Code trade, do I need the National Dex?
whenever I test my conectoin right beside my router(wireless) it always turns up as
"Error code 25100

unable to connect to nintendo wi fi connection.confirm connection settings and access point settings"

What should I do?

.AzureLight
05-06-2007, 11:50 PM
whenever I test my conectoin right beside my router(wireless) it always turns up as
"Error code 25100

unable to connect to nintendo wi fi connection.confirm connection settings and access point settings"

What should I do?

Call Nintendo (rather, get your parents to). They always have the answer.

Ridley
05-07-2007, 12:00 AM
No; Husnain has given me a Charmander and Rhydon even though I don't have the National dex. :cool:

Jack of Clovers
05-07-2007, 06:27 AM
I put the Nintendo WiFi Customer Support link in the first post.
This (http://www.nintendowifi.com/customersupport/routerSelect.do?manufacturer=Belkin&router=%2Frouters%2Fen%2FF5D7231-4%20ver%201102%2FF5D7230-4v1102.html) one. I found out my original problem, but what do I need to be able to use a Nintendo WiFi USB Connecter?
Oh, well, it says that router isn't compatible, you'll need to buy another one. I'm not familiar with the Nintendo Wifi Connector, so I can't help with that question.
True.
Wifi question...:
on my DS, I can get a full 3 bar connection to my wireless router,but it NEVER EVER can obtain the IP address.I got on the GTS about twice using my neighbors connection because my DS picked up the signal.

My psp can connect to my wireless router with ease....why not my DS?

THnks in advance!
It sounds like your setttings aren't set up correctly on your DS. I'd go back and make sure everything is set up correctly. If that doesn't work, it may by your router not letting you access, so you'd have to check those settings too.
"Error code 25100

What should I do?
As I just said above, you should check to make sure both DS and Router settings are correctly set up and compatible.
I've got a problem, and I don't know how to fix it, at all.

I connect to the WFC, no problems. The people I want to trade with do, too. But when they invite me, and I apply, after a couple of minutes, I'm DC'd. The same happens to them, though, when I'm the one who invites.

What am I doing wrong? o.O I figured not having the 1st badge was the problem, but it still acts up now. Help me! (Urgent, please answer ASAP.)
It might be the difference with connections speeds between you and the other people. Are they able to trade/battle with other people? If it's just you they can't trade with, then there's something wrong with your router that's interfering with WiFi transactions. It may have something to do with your Computer's Firewall. Check those settings, change if necessary.

~Jack~

Wobbuffet113
05-08-2007, 03:24 AM
I still can't find a WEP key on a Mac! Its OSX btw. Please help!!

Jack of Clovers
05-08-2007, 07:19 AM
ow do you find a WEP key on a Mac? I could probably get connected and figure out the rest myself, my i cannot find the WEP key anywhere in the Mac, its well hidden... any suggestions? I cannot turn the airport on without it, and I cannot make up my own and it is NOT on my wireless router thing.
I'm not a Mac user, so the following is purly speculation. Sorry if it doesn't help.

The WEP is the password on the router itself, which prevents access from outside sources unless they have the password. As far as I know, the computer itself doesn't have a WEP key. I'd doublecheck your router settings, because that's where it should be located.

~Jack~

Lord Torterra
05-08-2007, 11:42 PM
im not sure if this has anything to do with it, and if it doesnt, sorry. but i was wondering how you trade eggs over wifi? cause i really wanna trade my piplup and munchlax eggs but not hatch em.

Wobbuffet113
05-09-2007, 12:10 AM
I have looked at the physical router itself (which is an approved Comcast Linksys model WCG200-CC and is wireless broadband), and the number on the bottom of that is not the WEP key. When i try to connect the airport, it asks for the WEP key as well (i heard that turning on airport might make the DS online accessable). On a Mac, there isn't a category of router security, there is only a network option, where I do not think I have found the code at. The Mac's Harddrive also does not have this information.
Would it possible to get Comcast to tell me the WEP key if they are likely to know? I was not present at the installation (where it was probably established), and my mom doesn't remember it (computer spaz). Does any of this info help? thanks!

Lord Voldemort
05-09-2007, 08:49 PM

I don't think so, you just won't be able to see it's information.
I traded my shiny Mightyena to friend, but then again, I'm not completely sure he didn't have National Dex.

Lord Torterra
05-10-2007, 11:00 AM
ok, i think theres something wrong with my router or my game. every time i log on to wifi trade and when i search for offers, it either gets a blue msg saying bout an error and i have to turn off or it lets me have 1-2 offers and then gets it. but whats wierd is i have full connection every time. what the heck is wrong?

Teo
05-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Have you tried reseting your router?

Lord Torterra
05-10-2007, 11:13 AM
...good point. didnt try it :oops:

Teo
05-10-2007, 11:14 AM
If that doesn't work, try resetting the modem. If not, then it might be a local area problem. Also, what is your ISP?

Lord Torterra
05-10-2007, 11:16 AM
its not, cause theres another router in area has bad connection but works fine. idk what isp is.

Teo
05-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Internet Service Provider. Another router though? Like a neighbors?

Lord Torterra
05-10-2007, 11:27 AM
i think. i also occasionally get this apple program thing.

Teo
05-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Alright, so let me get this straight, you have two routers in the area? One is located in your house and another that is possibly a neighbors? You also don't know who your Internet Provider is?

What comes to first thought at your problem is that it might just possibly be a glitch with the GTS I've only gotten something similar to that once. It hasn't happened again. The next problem might be with your ISP, being that it is experiencing problems. Lastly, the router itself.

On a side note: I do have a Riolu for trade. just PM me the offer.

Lord Torterra
05-10-2007, 11:36 AM
wait...by ISP do you mean like cable? srry, i dont know much about wifi.
on side note, i pmed u my offer for riolu, as long as its untrained and just hatched.

Teo
05-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Yup! ISP means cable! Lol! Its alright, it has nothing to do with wi-fi. Well, it does, but it refers back to your connection itself. Cable is known for going down and up. Even though it may be quick, its not often very reliable.

Anyways, I'm thinking it has to be with the GTS. Its been known to give odd errors here and there.

Lord Torterra
05-10-2007, 11:47 AM
alright, well im going on GTS, gonna use the neighbor router.

Teo
05-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Alright, let me know if that works. If it does, then it might be a problem with your network and/or your ISP.

Lord Torterra
05-10-2007, 11:55 AM
omg....now neighbor is messed up....ill try to get on GTS.

Eeveedude
05-10-2007, 11:04 PM
omg....now neighbor is messed up....ill try to get on GTS.
this might sound like a dumb question but what is the cheapest wifi connector, does it work for a windows vista and can you actually use a usb cable instead?
please help!

empierspike7
05-11-2007, 12:08 AM
I need a wifi conector that are compatible with Mac OSX dos anyone have one or know were i can get

Eeveedude
05-11-2007, 12:11 AM
its to bad i cant jst make a new thread where i woulctually get some answers!

Jack of Clovers
05-11-2007, 01:42 AM
I have looked at the physical router itself (which is an approved Comcast Linksys model WCG200-CC and is wireless broadband), and the number on the bottom of that is not the WEP key. When i try to connect the airport, it asks for the WEP key as well (i heard that turning on airport might make the DS online accessable). On a Mac, there isn't a category of router security, there is only a network option, where I do not think I have found the code at. The Mac's Harddrive also does not have this information.
Would it possible to get Comcast to tell me the WEP key if they are likely to know? I was not present at the installation (where it was probably established), and my mom doesn't remember it (computer spaz). Does any of this info help? thanks!
The WEP isn't physically located on anything. It is a password that someone has typed into the Router Settings. I'd probably call Comcast about it, since they were the ones who set it up, and probably put in the WEP key code.
this might sound like a dumb question but what is the cheapest wifi connector, does it work for a windows vista and can you actually use a usb cable instead?
please help!
Cheapest, probably $30-35. If you want a good router, with faster speeds, and a little better protection, $45-55 is not that much more to pay. As far as working with Windows Vista, you should check the System Requirements located on the box or simply ask the clerk at the store.
its to bad i cant jst make a new thread where i woulctually get some answers!
It's all about patience. :wink: Would you want 50 wrong answers the minute after you ask a question, or 1 correct answer an hour or two later?

~Jack~

Eeveedude
05-11-2007, 06:10 PM
yipes im gonna have 2 wait till i have a job.

Lord Torterra
05-12-2007, 05:23 PM
ok....now im confused. im able to trade with FC, but i cant use GTS! FC trading and battling works fine, but GTS never works!

Midnight
05-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Is there a USB Connector that is compatible with linksys?

Azumao
05-12-2007, 09:31 PM
I am an utter ditz on the WiFi, as in I don't know what to buy. I went to Wal-Mart, and the employee in the electronics said I had to buy a wireless router in order to use WiFi, but I'm pretty sure you don't. What I'm asking is what do you buy in order to get WiFi?

Ketchup
05-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Wikipedia Article - Picture Included (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Wi-Fi_USB_Connector)

You need that, nothing else.

ShayHahnP
05-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Hi I am new, anyways I would hope someone could help me. Ok I go to the GTS lady and she lets me in. Then I say yes if I want to connect to the wifi nintendo network. Then it goes all 3 bars and goes green but after a minute it says automatically disconnecting from GTS, returning you to receptionist...mind you all of my wifi settings are good, wep key and everything. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Mesqueeb
05-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Okay we all know the Nintendo DS is diffrent from the one in US. And We can't play games from the US either.
But on online shops I find this DS/Wii Wifi USB Adapter. But those are shops from the US!
Does anyone know if this thing will work on the Nintendo DS from Europe? Because I don't find any europpean sites which sell it... :S

Thanks a lot!
-Mesqueeb

This is confusing for me
Someone told me this:
DS's are usable worldwide, and Wifi isn't region specific. I could stick a japanese Pokémon Diamond into my Canadian DS and it will work fine.
Is it?

But why can't I play US-Dvd's on my computer, because we use diffrent region codes to protect our own Economy! Isn't this the same with nintendo games! If it's all the same I could just buy cheap games in US and sell it expensive in Europe right?

And if it's identical, why do they bother to make a Europe and US release? There is really NO diffrence between the game from Europe, and the one from US, I thougth because they have to change the region-code stuff that's why we have a later release date right?
Otherwise everyone in Europe would've just let their Diamond and Pearl version shipped in from US a month ago!

I am confused please clarify some for me?

pika2000
05-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Okay we all know the Nintendo DS is diffrent from the one in US. And We can't play games from the US either.
But on online shops I find this DS/Wii Wifi USB Adapter. But those are shops from the US!
Does anyone know if this thing will work on the Nintendo DS from Europe? Because I don't find any europpean sites which sell it... :S

Thanks a lot!
-Mesqueeb

This is confusing for me
Someone told me this:
DS's are usable worldwide, and Wifi isn't region specific. I could stick a japanese Pokémon Diamond into my Canadian DS and it will work fine.
Is it?

But why can't I play US-Dvd's on my computer, because we use diffrent region codes to protect our own Economy! Isn't this the same with nintendo games! If it's all the same I could just buy cheap games in US and sell it expensive in Europe right?

And if it's identical, why do they bother to make a Europe and US release? There is really NO diffrence between the game from Europe, and the one from US, I thougth because they have to change the region-code stuff that's why we have a later release date right?
Otherwise everyone in Europe would've just let their Diamond and Pearl version shipped in from US a month ago!

I am confused please clarify some for me?
The DS works with games from everywhere. There is no region encoding and it's not the same like with DVDs.
IIRC the DVD region encoding is to protect the DVDs from being seen ealier than they should. Some shows air a lot later in other countries, if it was region free, they could just get the DVDs from the US and not even bother watching.

The DS games probably have a separate release for Europe, because the games need to be translated (not everyone in Europe will get English games).
Most online shops don't ship the US games to Europe, because Nintendo also wants their European sellers to make money.

I'm not sure if everything I said is correct, but that's what I believe.

Mesqueeb
05-13-2007, 06:40 PM
But I am from Belgium! They never translate anything, and neither do we want that! The game just stays in plain old English. :D
So there must be SOME reason why the game didn't launch equally here, with the release of the US... Right?

-Mesqueeb

Lord Voldemort
05-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Thanks so much to everyone that helped me, my DS's WiFi Connection is up and running.
Sorry to anyone that sees this as spam.

mjb4991
05-14-2007, 11:52 PM
Sigh, I finally got connection on my router and it is not working now. I realy can't find a working WEP code for my Belkin F5D7230-4 54g Wireless Router. What should I do?

pika2000
05-14-2007, 11:56 PM
But I am from Belgium! They never translate anything, and neither do we want that! The game just stays in plain old English. :D
So there must be SOME reason why the game didn't launch equally here, with the release of the US... Right?

-Mesqueeb
They translate it to German for the German speaking countries :D
Sigh, I finally got connection on my router and it is not working now. I realy can't find a working WEP code for my Belkin F5D7230-4 54g Wireless Router. What should I do?
How exactly have you been looking for the key?
You set it in your router's configuration.

mjb4991
05-15-2007, 12:00 AM
Nintendowifi.com. How do i set it in?

KantoKid
05-15-2007, 12:01 AM
If I have wireless internet can I get online with my DS and do the whole trady business without having to buy anything additional? My brother told me he has done it before. Any help will be greatly appreciated because I am WiFi illiterate.

mjb4991
05-15-2007, 12:08 AM

Help! I relly want to get on Wi-Fi.:sad:

pika2000
05-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Check out your router's manual. It should contain the IP adress you use to access its settings.
If I have wireless internet can I get online with my DS and do the whole trady business without having to buy anything additional? My brother told me he has done it before. Any help will be greatly appreciated because I am WiFi illiterate.
Well, if you brother did it before it should work for you aswell.
This site has all info you need: nintendowifi.com

Midnight
05-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Can someone please answer my question? :surp:

mjb4991
05-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Check out your router's manual. It should contain the IP adress you use to access its settings.

Well, if you brother did it before it should work for you aswell.
This site has all info you need: nintendowifi.com

I need the WEP code not the IP adress.

pika2000
05-15-2007, 12:42 AM
I need the WEP code not the IP adress.
You set up the WEP key in your router's settings which are found at a certain IP address (it's 192.168.0.1 for me, it might be different for your router -check the manual).

Eeveedude
05-15-2007, 05:42 PM
wats the difference of wireless internet and the other kind and how do you know which one u have?

Deoxys Ribonuke
05-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Query, I'm planning on doing a net-battle with a friend...

How do you turn the mic on?

Please PM me the answer. ^_^

pqsonsu
05-17-2007, 08:00 PM
if i have wireless internet at home i still have to buy a wi fi adapter?

Jack of Clovers
05-18-2007, 08:21 AM
Is there a USB Connector that is compatible with linksys?
I'm not familiar with Linksys, here's the Tech Support, maybe it'll help: Tech Support (http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_CASupport_C1&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1166859677881&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=7788145019H11)
wats the difference of wireless internet and the other kind and how do you know which one u have?
You can usually tell you have wireless if the router has an antenna. If not, it's probably a wired connection.
Query, I'm planning on doing a net-battle with a friend...

How do you turn the mic on?

Please PM me the answer. ^_^
I believe the mic is always on... could be wrong, I haven't used it yet.
if i have wireless internet at home i still have to buy a wi fi adapter?
No adapter necessary. All you have to do is apply the settings in game to match your Router's settings, and you're good to go.

~Jack~

ViktorNight
05-18-2007, 09:03 PM
Why can't you trade Mew on the GTS??

pika2000
05-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Who said you can't?
You've got to have seen it if you want to request it though.

Eiyoko
05-19-2007, 03:16 PM
One thing I might note on setting up WiFi when using the adapter. I'm not sure about this, but it's a problem I've been having.

Have a free USB port to use. If you have any other external hardware device registered using that USB port, then chances are you'll have this problem.

Whenever I plug in my USB adapter and start up the registration tool thing (which I FINALLY got to install properly!), my computer would freak out and restart itself. I don't know how to fix this, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

LVKI
05-19-2007, 05:23 PM
How do u view ur frnd code

Midnight
05-19-2007, 05:36 PM
I need help with my Wi-Fi USB Connector.
A screen says:

'Connect the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector.
Once the device is connected, please wait a moment.'

On my DS it says that the Connector can't be found.
The USB Connector is connected, so I don't know what's going on. =_=

Eiyoko
05-19-2007, 10:34 PM
How do u view ur frnd code

Get a pal pad. Use it. (Edit) Click "My Friend Code" or something like that. Mind you, you need to be connected with WiFi first.

mazharrules
05-21-2007, 01:57 AM
I have a dsl/cable modem but i have a wired router, is there any way to get wifi at home without spending a thing:rolleyes:

Erureido
05-21-2007, 01:58 AM
lemme answer it quickly "no", oh and there's a sticky 4 this

Zan Sabrefang
05-21-2007, 08:06 AM
To answer the question regarding why we have to wait for the European Release when the US is already in English: Licencing.

I still think that the gap is too long though. And people are gonna buy this game from eBay in the UK.

US price: $34.99.
UK price: Ł29.99 (Roughly $57).

17.5% of that is Tax in this Country.

_Twilight mew_
05-21-2007, 02:08 PM
Get a pal pad. Use it. (Edit) Click "My Friend Code" or something like that. Mind you, you need to be connected with WiFi first.
how do you connect to wi-fi?

YGTBK
05-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Go to a wireless hotspot or buy a DS WiFi Adapter.

Then when u start up pokemon diamond go to Nintendo WFC settings, search for the hotspot u have and click on done.

OR go to Connect to WiFi adapter and folow the shown directions.

My question is:

When I try to deposit a pokemon on the GTS it says "Comunication Error...". Yet I can easily trade with ones already on the GTS and through FCs... Help?

_Twilight mew_
05-21-2007, 10:35 PM
Go to a wireless hotspot or buy a DS WiFi Adapter.

Then when u start up pokemon diamond go to Nintendo WFC settings, search for the hotspot u have and click on done.

OR go to Connect to WiFi adapter and folow the shown directions.

My question is:

When I try to deposit a pokemon on the GTS it says "Comunication Error...". Yet I can easily trade with ones already on the GTS and through FCs... Help?

okay thanks!

Ninja_killer
05-22-2007, 03:14 AM
can you get a pokemon from the GTS without seeing it?

ViktorNight
05-22-2007, 12:23 PM
You can also connect to Wi-Fi via a wireless router. By the way, all of the McDonald's Restaurants in the world have free Wi-Fi. I would know, i used to work here sand right after school everyday we would have about 10-11 kids sitting around our store just to get on Wi-Fi.

ViktorNight
05-22-2007, 12:28 PM

Who said you can't?
You've got to have seen it if you want to request it though.

I tried to trade my Mew last week and it said "This pokemon cannot be offered on trade," or something to that effect.

pika2000
05-22-2007, 04:46 PM
can you get a pokemon from the GTS without seeing it?
No.
I tried to trade my Mew last week and it said "This pokemon cannot be offered on trade," or something to that effect.
I heard somewhere that there is something to prevent hacked Pokémon being offered on the GTS. If they've got moves they usually can't learn or were caught at a level they can't be caught at.
Perhaps there is something wrong with your Mew.

_Twilight mew_
05-23-2007, 12:20 AM
okay..since my little brain can't understand all these wi-fi connctions stuff..I need to ask maybe a more helpful questoin to my prefenence...when I search for an access point , it works then the little blue lock comes up, I tap it and it start the connectoin again..but it wont do anything after that it will just stay there even if it's at full bars (which is always) and it wont stop it and grant the access It will only stop when the bars go down to 0..help..:ermm:

_Twilight mew_
05-23-2007, 04:28 PM
Yes, I know I am a bother and I apologize.

Okay..when I try to connect to wi-fi its okay...I tap the blue lock icon and it start a test again. After that even if its at full bars it will just stay there..And will only stop if I turn it off or block the signal..can someone help?
here is what happens
http://i16.tinypic.com/5xot3lv.jpg
then
http://i13.tinypic.com/538nuvn.jpg
after that..
http://i18.tinypic.com/664rbpl.jpg
and then.
http://i12.tinypic.com/5z1gkk2.jpg
and the rest you know..

Who
05-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Do you have a lock or firewall on your wireless connection? That could be blocking it from connecting, if so, you need to set the firewall to allow your ds to connect.

AshMistyMayfan
05-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Did you click on CONNECT TO YOUR USB if you are doing this at your home? I did the same thing with mine and got nothing out of 'Connect 1, 2, or 3'. You can only use Connect 1, 2, or 3 when you are at say McDonalds.

ALso, check your firewall.
You might also have to check your high speed modem. There was something about the IP setting that might have to be changed from .2 to .1 in the numbers, you have to go to Nintendo's site for that info.

Yggdrasill
05-23-2007, 04:47 PM
There is a certain firewall (I think it's "ZeroAlert", or something similar anyway) which is impossible for the DS to get passed, if you have this firewall then you will either have to:

-Disable it
-Un-install it

Nintendo have confirmed this by the way, so I'm not making stuff up.

Kairyu
05-23-2007, 04:47 PM
What are you trying to do?

If you're trying to trade or something, there isn't an on switch in which you can locate on the main DS screen.

Whenever you go to what you're aiming to do, say trade, the game will tap into the connection by itself if it's there.

Thought I'd explain that since it really confused me when first getting my DS.

And if that didn't answer it... Hm... check the sticky. :happy:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37016

It'll help bunches.

Raistlin Majere
05-23-2007, 05:07 PM

If you're trying to trade or something, there isn't an on switch in which you can locate on the main DS screen.

Whenever you go to what you're aiming to do, say trade, the game will tap into the connection by itself if it's there.

It'll help bunches.
I have 3 DS's, 2 of which work fine on wifi, and the third which wont connect at all, lol...

I have checked every imput and it matches my other 2 perfectly, yet refuses to work.

_Twilight mew_
05-23-2007, 08:19 PM

It'll help bunches.

tying to log in to get my friend code..and I dont have firewall..and im trying this at home..and I dont dare go into mcdonalds...no offence to anyone. But thanks for your help guys!

Ralin
05-24-2007, 03:33 AM
I guess this could already be in here somewhere, but I didn't check. I have trouble connecting to wifi. Whenever my ds tries to connect in the GTS or wifi room in a pokemon center, it will be connecting for like half a minute, then at the last second the bars in the top right corner will turn red and it will say that my ds has connection issues. But after like 17 tries, it usually works, and I never get disconnected after getting connected. I know the wireless connection in my house is fine, because I rarely ever have trouble with it on my laptop. Could this be a problem with my DS?

NaokiB4U
05-24-2007, 07:37 AM
So i want to obtain the gold and silver legendaries on my Diamond version, just to say i have them. I have several extra legendaries from my Ruby/Sapphire/Leaf Green that i wouldnt mind parting with to get the G/S/C legendaries. However m probelm is i cant request these cuz i havent "seen" them (even though ive seen each legendary being asked of) So my question is how would i be able to ask for these if i havent seen them yet? Sorry if this was asked already and thanks for those who respond!

Jack of Clovers
05-24-2007, 08:22 PM
I guess this could already be in here somewhere, but I didn't check. I have trouble connecting to wifi. Whenever my ds tries to connect in the GTS or wifi room in a pokemon center, it will be connecting for like half a minute, then at the last second the bars in the top right corner will turn red and it will say that my ds has connection issues. But after like 17 tries, it usually works, and I never get disconnected after getting connected. I know the wireless connection in my house is fine, because I rarely ever have trouble with it on my laptop. Could this be a problem with my DS?
Sounds like the firewall is blocking access. Reading this may help: http://www.nintendowifi.com/consumerservice/showTopic.do?topicId=Firewall_Help&catId=Connecting_Home
So i want to obtain the gold and silver legendaries on my Diamond version, just to say i have them. I have several extra legendaries from my Ruby/Sapphire/Leaf Green that i wouldnt mind parting with to get the G/S/C legendaries. However m probelm is i cant request these cuz i havent "seen" them (even though ive seen each legendary being asked of) So my question is how would i be able to ask for these if i havent seen them yet? Sorry if this was asked already and thanks for those who respond!
You can't ask for a Pokemon in the GTS unless you have seen it. There's nothing you can do about that. Your best chance is to find someone to trade with. I'm sure plenty of people here can help.

~Jack~

YGTBK
05-25-2007, 03:41 PM
When I try to connect to the GTS it just says connecting to GTS...

Then it says you have been disconnected from the GTS... wtf.:eh:

Lego Man
05-25-2007, 03:55 PM
When I try to connect to the GTS it just says connecting to GTS...

Then it says you have been disconnected from the GTS... wtf.:eh:

The GTS is down right now, it should come back up again soon, I hope

Kima
05-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Okay, I'm not entirely sure if anyone has the same problem, but when i try and connect to the internet with pokemon diamond i keep getting a 86420 error. Ive looked up how to handle it, but i do not know how to navigate through windows vista.

Also, I have three computers connected to this internet connection, so i dont want to disconnect them from the Ip. Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?

mjb4991
05-27-2007, 10:21 PM
Maybe your router isn't compatable with wi-fi. either way got to the Wifi and GTS sticky thread.

Blu
05-27-2007, 11:27 PM
I really need help setting up my wi fi.:sad:

Muku
05-28-2007, 12:02 AM
I really need help setting up my wi fi.:sad:
When the game starts just go to Nintendo WFC then click "Search for an Acess point" and thats all there is too it...

mjb4991
05-28-2007, 12:51 AM
If you have any other questions go to the Wi-fi and GTS Question Thread.

the_wolf
05-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Alright, I want to get wi-fi next week and I plan to buy that nintendo wi-fi connecter thing that just plugs into the pc. Is that all I'll need? I don't want to waste 35-40 bucks on something that won't work. I do have windows xp if thats all thats required to. Thanks:happy:

Hero_Of_Legend_Brendan
05-30-2007, 10:48 PM
I'm woundering, how can you get things from mistery gift. I can't seem to figure it out. I know you can recive them from a friend, via Wireless, and via Nintendo WFC, but how do I get them? The Pokemon Diamond istruction booklet doesn't say anything about it.

Blu
05-30-2007, 11:21 PM
On the wifi setup,when you setup the three connections,what do we do after that?

Jack of Clovers
05-31-2007, 05:03 PM
On the wifi setup,when you setup the three connections,what do we do after that?
Once you set up the connection, then you play the game. You can test if the settings worked by trying to connect to the GTS or at the Pokemon Center.
Alright, I want to get wi-fi next week and I plan to buy that nintendo wi-fi connecter thing that just plugs into the pc. Is that all I'll need? I don't want to waste 35-40 bucks on something that won't work. I do have windows xp if thats all thats required to. Thanks:happy:

Yes, that is all you would need. If, for some reason, it doesn't work, I'm sure you can always return it.

~Jack~

Midnight
05-31-2007, 05:09 PM
A screen says:

Can someone please help me? :dazed:

Blu
05-31-2007, 10:19 PM
Once you set up the connection, then you play the game. You can test if the settings worked by trying to connect to the GTS or at the Pokemon Center.

~Jack~

rare pkmn catcher
06-03-2007, 08:42 AM
i have a question i have a good wfc connection but i can't see my friend code what do i wrong? i have a pal pad.

Jack of Clovers
06-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Have you tried connecting with the WiFi Club at the Pokemon Center? Go to the basement in the Pokemon Center and talk to the middle person, who will let you connect. Once connected, your Pal Pad will update with your friend code.

~Jack~

rare pkmn catcher
06-03-2007, 09:02 AM
i shall try:wink:

tyvm it works:biggrin:

Hatchet
06-04-2007, 08:36 PM
how come i can't connect to wifi anymore?i used to be able to without a router or a wifi USB connector.NOTE:Does it matter if there was a blackout in my town today.:eh:
Sorry for all the questions.:oops:

Argento
06-05-2007, 12:08 AM
So what is this GTS Evolution Glitch I hear so much about?

icer
06-05-2007, 07:56 PM

ur lucky you asked before you bought lol, i bought the wifi max thingy, doesnt work lol and i lost the receipt so i dont think i can return it now, but whatever lol ill just keep saving up again for that thing ur talkin about

Orion8888
06-05-2007, 10:11 PM
hello, i have a Wireless-G broadband Router made by LinkSYS model #: WRT54G version 5. when ever i try to connect to wi-fi using my DS with pokemon pearl, it says that there is no signal that can be detected. i was wondering if this had anything to do with the fact that i have a Mac or there might be any other reason.
please help. what can i do to get connected to wi-fi?

Jack of Clovers
06-06-2007, 11:06 AM
how come i can't connect to wifi anymore?i used to be able to without a router or a wifi USB connector.NOTE:Does it matter if there was a blackout in my town today.:eh:
Sorry for all the questions.:oops:
How were you connecting without a Router or USB Connector? Were you using a neighbors connection? If so, they might have turned it off.

~Jack~

Vincent_Valentine_4
06-08-2007, 02:38 PM
All right this is a little off topic for the moment but Yesterday I struck Gold On GTS and almost did today. I was looking for Tyranitars and found a level 100 shiny holding a master ball and all the person wanted was Mime Jr. I was lucky enough to have the Mime JR and got the trade off! It even had good stats 399 attack but speed was only 160 but everything else was mid 200s so I'm happy. Today I was trading to get a shiny Dialga it only required a shellder but when I tried to trade it kicked me off probably because a whole bunch of people were trying to get it as well. (Sorry for posting here I couldn't find the GTS good snags topic.)

Hatchet
06-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Does the USB have to be wi-fi or not, because my sister has a USB?:eh:
P.S. I just stood by my window.

Smeargle
Hatched@118
Lv. 100@403

Jack of Clovers
06-10-2007, 08:00 AM
All right this is a little off topic for the moment but Yesterday I struck Gold On GTS and almost did today. I was looking for Tyranitars and found a level 100 shiny holding a master ball and all the person wanted was Mime Jr. I was lucky enough to have the Mime JR and got the trade off! It even had good stats 399 attack but speed was only 160 but everything else was mid 200s so I'm happy. Today I was trading to get a shiny Dialga it only required a shellder but when I tried to trade it kicked me off probably because a whole bunch of people were trying to get it as well. (Sorry for posting here I couldn't find the GTS good snags topic.)
Yea, that's a bit off topic, but congrats nonetheless.
Does the USB have to be wi-fi or not, because my sister has a USB?:eh:
P.S. I just stood by my window.
Yes, the USB needs to have wi-fi, hence the name "WiFi Connection". It'll usually say "Wireless" somewhere on the USB.

~Jack~

_Twilight mew_
06-13-2007, 08:39 PM
How can you check if your computer has a wireless router and check if you have firewall connected?

Kenny_C.002
06-13-2007, 09:10 PM
How can you check if your computer has a wireless router and check if you have firewall connected?
Routers don't come with computers. Usually they're additional pieces of hardware outside of it all, used primarily so more than 1 computer can connect to the internet with just 1 modem. It means that if you don't know you have a router, chances are you don't.

Midnight
06-13-2007, 09:11 PM
A screen says:

I still need help. Please, anyone? ;-;

da ink
06-15-2007, 03:33 AM
how do i put my friend code on mt game cause i got no idea:sad:
ive been trying for like 1week

Jack of Clovers
06-15-2007, 04:04 AM
You will need 2 things: Wi-Fi connectivity and Pal Pad.

To find your friend code, go to the basement in the Pokemon Center and talk to the middle person. She will let you connect to the Wi-Fi club, where you will be given your Friend Code. Then you can check your Pal Pad to see your Friend Code anytime.

Midnight- All I can suggest is checking to see if the USB was set up correctly on the computer. Check the Settings.

~Jack~

Lego Man
06-15-2007, 04:53 AM
Why is it I can never seem to trade with anyone, I can get on the GTS with no trouble at all but if I try to trade, one of use gets disconnected. This happens half the time I try to trade and is really getting annoying. I've tried turning my firewalls off and it still happens.

Gaia
06-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Is there any Union Room where you can find friends which is from your Friend Code? :rolleyes:

ChubbySmeargle
06-15-2007, 03:35 PM
Err, might be a dumb question but...

what's a WEP Key and where can I get it? >_> Since it seems I can't connect anywhere without the WEP code.

Eeveedude
06-15-2007, 04:34 PM
is the nintendo wifi adapter only for xp or does it work with vista too?

Furyflame
06-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Im using my sister's Ds instead of mine because mine broke. Now when I try to get into wi-fi it says "Unable to connect to nintendo wi-fi connection the nintendo wi-fi connection user informatrion from the nintendo ds and the game card do not match.

Then it asks "Update nintendo wi-fi connection user infromation on the game card?`When yo update your nintendo wifi user connection user
information you will lose all data that was used to connect to wi-fi connection." Does this mean it will delete the data on my game?

Lego Man
06-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Im using my sister's Ds instead of mine because mine broke. Now when I try to get into wi-fi it says "Unable to connect to nintendo wi-fi connection the nintendo wi-fi connection user informatrion from the nintendo ds and the game card do not match.

Then it asks "Update nintendo wi-fi connection user infromation on the game card?`When yo update your nintendo wifi user connection user
information you will lose all data that was used to connect to wi-fi connection." Does this mean it will delete the data on my game?

It'll delete your friend code and maybe the people on your Pal Pad but not your save file

Furyflame
06-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Oh, ok thanks. I guess I can trade now.

Midnight
06-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Midnight- All I can suggest is checking to see if the USB was set up correctly on the computer. Check the Settings.

~Jack~

I did; it says that there is low connectivity.

Tarkanos
06-18-2007, 11:24 PM
Hey, I'm new to the forum. I am also fairly new to the game, only 3 badges so far. I am working on learning how to reach the different areas of the underground at the moment. I was curious if you can play with friends in the Underground over wifi. And how to add friends. Can you guys help?

Jack of Clovers
06-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Err, might be a dumb question but...

what's a WEP Key and where can I get it? >_> Since it seems I can't connect anywhere without the WEP code.
The WEP code is a password that you put on your router to protect your computer from outside access. Go into your Router's settings to find the WEP code.
is the nintendo wifi adapter only for xp or does it work with vista too?
It should work with Vista.
I did; it says that there is low connectivity.
With low connectivity, it may be hard to estabolish a connection. Do you have Dial Up or DSL, because Dial Up could also have something to do with the bad connection.
Hey, I'm new to the forum. I am also fairly new to the game, only 3 badges so far. I am working on learning how to reach the different areas of the underground at the moment. I was curious if you can play with friends in the Underground over wifi. And how to add friends. Can you guys help?

The Underground can't be played over Wifi. It's a local connection, meaning whomever is in the general area around your DS. You'll have to get together with your friends if you want to play Underground. And you can add friends in the Pal Pad as long as you know their Friend Code.

~Jack~

-Sad-But-True-
06-19-2007, 07:14 PM
This sounds like a ritoricle question, but where could i get a Wi-Fi, and everything that comes with it, and for how much?

{~Sad.But.True`}

Xalapeno
06-20-2007, 01:59 AM
Wow, buddy, watch the double posting.

You can't get a wi-fi.
But, you can get something that enables you to use it.
What you meant is a wireless router, and that, you can buy in big name stores like Wal-Mart, Target and best Buy or Circuit City.

Or you could be a USB adaptor for your computer from nintendo and that'll work as well.:wink:

The Price also varies among the stores and also where you live because of taxes.:oops:
S O can't be exact, but I'd say anywhere from $30 - $50.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

I heard that nintendo fixed the "cloning" glitch on the GTS.
I'm wondering if it's true.

Can anyone help me out here?
(I don't want to clone, I just want to know if its true)

Midnight
06-20-2007, 02:15 AM
With low connectivity, it may be hard to estabolish a connection. Do you have Dial Up or DSL, because Dial Up could also have something to do with the bad connection.

~Jack~

I have DSL. (poltelDSL, to be exact)

Lucario99
06-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Do wireless routers (that are compatible for WiFi) work on Windows 2000 Professional?

Does a USB Nintendo WiFi connector work with Windows 2000 Professional?

ryu_taker
06-22-2007, 12:02 PM
Do wireless routers (that are compatible for WiFi) work on Windows 2000 Professional?

Does a USB Nintendo WiFi connector work with Windows 2000 Professional?
yeah, i need 2 now that too. Ive heard they do, but not sure.

Aeroglyphix
06-22-2007, 07:05 PM
Probably answered before, but how do I find me WEP key?

Edit: Nevermind I got everything working perfectly.

Shiny Charizard
06-23-2007, 02:33 AM
Whenever I try to trade on the GTS, I get an error message. It ranges from "The GTS is extremely busy right now," to "You have been disconnnected." There's also been one that said, "Communication error." The last two seem odd because I always have three bars. Why am I getting these messages when I have three bars?

(I can do everything else on the GTS and wi fi without a problem.)

rygel960
06-23-2007, 08:32 AM
how do i set up the wifi connection without WEP key(my dad removed WEP key function cause it spoiled the connection and replaced it with WPA)

Hatchet
06-23-2007, 07:42 PM
What do i use with a windows xp model to connect to wi-fi a wifi usb or a Router?

motistou
06-23-2007, 08:21 PM
how much is wi-fi ds for in CANADA AND USA

:redface::redface::redface::redface::redface:

pika2000
06-23-2007, 08:44 PM
What do i use with a windows xp model to connect to wi-fi a wifi usb or a Router?
You can use both.
A router might be more expensive, but (at least for me) it's the better choice.
If you go for a router, be sure to check out Nintendo's WiFi site to see which ones are compatible.

Professor Geoffrey
06-24-2007, 06:11 PM
Today, I FINALLY GOT WI-FI! I traded a couple of Pokemon today, and I am very happy. Now, one slight problem, for Wi-fi rooms. How do I get my friend code?

vellyvell
06-25-2007, 07:52 PM
I have the wep key ect all set up, and i can get a connection. However when i go to the GTS I get d/c after about 5 -15 seconds the lonegst was 25 seconds but it only happened once. I get a blue screen and it says a communication error has occurred. if anyone can help me, it would be appriciated.

Sion9
06-25-2007, 11:43 PM
I'm having trouble connecting to other players to trade or battle. Whenever I try to connect in the pkmn center basement, I get error code 61020. The GTS works fine though. I'm using a router at home, Linksys BEFW11S4. Does anyone know what's wrong?

sleepandeat123
06-26-2007, 08:48 PM
when you battle online, how many pokemon are you allowed, and does their levels get knocked down to 50 if they are above it?

Kecleonfan666
06-26-2007, 08:59 PM
When we do a Wi-Fi battle, a Lv. 50 or Lv. 100, do our Pokemon, if they aren't high enough to those levels, get leveled up automatically, just for the battle, and vice versa?

pernumba
06-27-2007, 01:53 AM
HELP ME PLEASE...

Okay Yesterday i got Verizon Fios, now i have a new IP and a new WEP i input my WEP and and stuff when i connected,

OKAY, so this is where the problemo is...

I try to test the connection its all green and stuff and then about 7 or 8 second's before its done the bars turn Red and and i have NO BARS ANYMORE :surp::surp::surp:!!!

!!!CONNECTION FAILED!!!!!

and it says error code 5200

and then ive tried my WEP in every single way i could, i up'd my IP up 10 in the last slot, but on the second one it says its invalid and that doesnt work,

im yet to call nintendo, but im thinking of buying a USB connector thing anyway because my computer is real far away from where i can get Wi-Fi so would having the USB router thing even help? thanks XD

Kecleonfan666
06-28-2007, 01:43 AM
When we do a Wi-Fi battle, a Lv. 50 or Lv. 100, do our Pokemon, if they aren't high enough to those levels, get leveled up automatically, just for the battle, and vice versa?

Someone answer me! Please?

pika2000
06-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Someone answer me! Please?
Yes. No matter what their current level is, if you select lv 100 or lv 50 battle, it will always be changed to that level. The Pokémon will be at their normal level after the battle though.

pernumba
06-28-2007, 04:10 PM
HELP ME PLEASE...

Okay Yesterday i got Verizon Fios, now i have a new IP and a new WEP i input my WEP and and stuff when i connected,

OKAY, so this is where the problemo is...

I try to test the connection its all green and stuff and then about 7 or 8 second's before its done the bars turn Red and and i have NO BARS ANYMORE :surp::surp::surp:!!!

!!!CONNECTION FAILED!!!!!

and it says error code 5200

and then ive tried my WEP in every single way i could, i up'd my IP up 10 in the last slot, but on the second one it says its invalid and that doesnt work,

im yet to call nintendo, but im thinking of buying a USB connector thing anyway because my computer is real far away from where i can get Wi-Fi so would having the USB router thing even help? thanks XD
can some one please answer me???

also...

does this thread get any traffic at all, Because i put my post up there a couple of days ago and there still is no reply...

Krypto
06-28-2007, 04:33 PM
can the american version trade w/ the japanese version?

Jack of Clovers
06-29-2007, 05:02 AM
does this thread get any traffic at all, Because i put my post up there a couple of days ago and there still is no reply...
I try answering when I can, but I don't know everything. :ermm: Double check the settings on the computer, to see if they are correct. You can also try restarting the Router. Also, your Firewall might be limiting access; turning it off might help, but it's risky. If those don't help, calling Nintendo might be best.
can the american version trade w/ the japanese version?
Yes.

~Jack~

_Twilight mew_
07-04-2007, 10:01 PM
I have a router!....but it wont work...whenever I try to connect I get error 59100. Yes I'm very persistent with getting GTS working and stuff...and I wont rest till I get it! *falls asleep*

Jack of Clovers
07-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Here's the error code site from Nintedo Tech Support.

http://www.nintendowifi.com/customersupport/troubleshoot.do;jsessionid=E8C58DD26789EA0F809C0D2 690A3C0AD?error=59100

~Jack~

stevey666
07-05-2007, 01:47 AM
If I battle online and my opposition want to play level 100 battle. I know that my Pokemons automatically gets levelled up to 100 but does the stat changes? Does it goes to every single max stat?

Shiny Charizard
07-05-2007, 02:58 AM
I tried to trade my Dialga on the GTS, but it said "This pokemon may not be offered for trade!" Am I doing anything wrong, or is that normal?

rygel960
07-05-2007, 01:55 PM
how do i set up the wifi connection without WEP key(my dad removed WEP key function cause it spoiled the connection and replaced it with WPA)
cmon, some1 answer my question, i badly want Wi-Fi connection, i'll give my shiny wooper(legit) to whoever can answer my question

ClikC
07-05-2007, 01:57 PM
cmon, some1 answer my question, i badly want Wi-Fi connection, i'll give my shiny wooper(legit) to whoever can answer my question

As far as I am aware, you can only use the WiFi connection with WEP.

rygel960
07-05-2007, 01:59 PM
As far as I am aware, you can only use the WiFi connection with WEP.
but does searching for it work without WEP key

ClikC
07-05-2007, 02:12 PM
but does searching for it work without WEP key

The way it works is WEP etc, is a just a WiFi security measure, the Connection is still transmitted and thus can be found by the DS when your search for it, but the Connection level indicator (The little thing with 3 bars that can either be Gray, Red, Yellow or Green) will have a little padlock icon in the 'Locked' position, meaning the connection is protected.

The trouble is, the DS is only programed to be able to handle WEP security (Basically a 5 letter password, or WEP key), and obviously anything else is more complex to provide a great level of protection. Now, while the DS can see the connection, it cannot communicate over it, due to it being protected.

So you should be able to find the connection regardless of what Security is used, but you just can't use it unless it is WEP, and you have the correct WEP key programed into the DS.

slashy
07-05-2007, 04:36 PM
my gts is being WEIRD, i think... i found one of my favorite pokemon, shiny, and i have the legendary pokemon they want. (and this happens with all my legs, i think) it says that i can not rade that pokemon?!?

xCJ
07-05-2007, 04:42 PM
my gts is being WEIRD, i think... i found one of my favorite pokemon, shiny, and i have the legendary pokemon they want. (and this happens with all my legs, i think) it says that i can not rade that pokemon?!?

yeah same thing happen to me there was a croakung and it was shiny .. so he ask for a houndr sp when i click on my hounder it said this pokemon couldn't be trade an it was yesturday

what pokemon did it ask you to trade

slashy
07-05-2007, 05:12 PM
what pokemon did it ask you to trade

for a shiny koffing i think a palka, and a shiny likitounge, a palka.

pika2000
07-05-2007, 11:08 PM
for a shiny koffing i think a palka, and a shiny likitounge, a palka.
IIRC, GTS prevents you from offering hacked Pokémon. I also heard about a ban on legendaries in general, but I'm not sure about that.

ChubbySmeargle
07-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Ok, I'm a total DS/Wifi/Network noob and I'm wondering that if I get another D/P pokémon game and go wifi with the DS, will it generate a new Friend Code for it or will it use the same as the first one I have?

Midnight
07-06-2007, 01:34 PM

~Jack~

I have DSL. (poltelDSL, to be exact)

^I answered your question.
Oh God, I'm such a n00b at this. ;-;

mistdragon
07-06-2007, 02:59 PM
I would like to know, if I am battling with my buddies online, do we get our Pokemon boosted to Lv100?

pika2000
07-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Ok, I'm a total DS/Wifi/Network noob and I'm wondering that if I get another D/P pokémon game and go wifi with the DS, will it generate a new Friend Code for it or will it use the same as the first one I have?
Wait, you mean you've already got D/P and get another version?
Both games will have different friend codes.
I would like to know, if I am battling with my buddies online, do we get our Pokemon boosted to Lv100?
You can select free battle, lv 50 battle or lv 100 battle. They levels will be set accodring to what you've picked.

Myst3rio565
07-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Linksys....How do I unlock it, its my only connection out here, and I want to know the password, lol.

stevey666
07-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Can Nintendo Wi-fi be used with WAP? or is it only WEP?

Midnight
07-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Linksys....How do I unlock it, its my only connection out here, and I want to know the password, lol.

It should be: admin

dark_mon09
07-09-2007, 01:35 AM
i recently traded wifi and i was giving pokemon by breeding. i noticed that the pokemon that i got was hacked. will this ban me from the gts? the pokemon i got the hacked shiny

Arceus
07-09-2007, 01:41 AM
Is Wi-Fi just as reliable as Wireless Connection, or does it have a higher chance of Glitches occuring?

Elemental Brotherhood
07-09-2007, 05:20 AM
I have absolutely no idea how to connect to GTS or whatever it's called. I have everything i need to connect, but everytime I try to connect, it says there is no access point in range, which is weird, coz im standing right next to my router...

Jack of Clovers
07-09-2007, 06:58 PM
^I answered your question.
Oh God, I'm such a n00b at this. ;-;
Oh, sorry I missed it.

Anyway, I'm running out of advice, since I don't know much about the USB connector. I suggest disconnecting it and reinstalling the USB onto your computer. Then double check the computer and DS settings. I think that's as mush as I can help; you could try contacting Nintendo.
Is Wi-Fi just as reliable as Wireless Connection, or does it have a higher chance of Glitches occuring?
It's just as reliable.
I have absolutely no idea how to connect to GTS or whatever it's called. I have everything i need to connect, but everytime I try to connect, it says there is no access point in range, which is weird, coz im standing right next to my router...
Your router may not be compatible with the DS wi-fi system. Check this site: http://www.nintendowifi.com/consumerservice/routerSetup.do

~Jack~

stevey666
07-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Pretend I battle online with Wi-fi and my friend chose Level 100 Battle and I only got level 70 Pokemons. Will the level 70 Pokemons stat change to its EVERY MAX stat or how it is EV trained??

Shadow Pidgey
07-12-2007, 01:14 AM
I JUST got a WiFi USB Connecter. I plug it in, click download, it starts downloading quickly then it just freezes on this one spot... Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Blu
07-12-2007, 07:52 PM
When I'm on the trade center in pearl version.I'm waiting and at the end it goes red.Then it says unable to connect to the wifi thingy.Does anyone know what part of my set up is wrong?

CrazyVulpix
07-20-2007, 05:42 AM
For some reason my DS won't connect to my USB connecter. it gets a green signal, then it goes red. This hasn't happened before and I haven't changed any settings on my comp since I last use it...does anyone have a solution?

okitakun
07-23-2007, 11:03 PM
My WiFi stopped working =(. I don't know why though. When I search for an Access Point, it shows my SSID. I type in the WEP key and then it starts connecting, and then it says IP Address not found.

Help please?

Aeroglyphix
07-23-2007, 11:04 PM
What's your router name?

okitakun
07-24-2007, 02:06 AM
What's your router name?
The name of it is VWestell.

The SSID is VWest

Zippy
07-24-2007, 09:23 PM
hi i'm trying to connect to wifi but it says unable to connect error 20100 what do i do to get wifi back?

okitakun
07-25-2007, 08:15 PM
hi i'm trying to connect to wifi but it says unable to connect error 20100 what do i do to get wifi back?
Bump, I still need help >>;;

Light Manaphy
07-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Does the WiFi cloning glitch still work or will my game get erased if I try it?

mistdragon
07-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Okay I got this little problem, hope you guys can help >_<

Last week, connection to Wifi was alright and totally stable. It was fine.

However, this week, I repeatedly get Error Code 52200. And I even deactivated my Firewalls and Antivirus. And I still have that. I really need help on this >_<

Can anyone aid me?

Light Manaphy
07-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Okay I got this little problem, hope you guys can help >_<

Last week, connection to Wifi was alright and totally stable. It was fine.

However, this week, I repeatedly get Error Code 52200. And I even deactivated my Firewalls and Antivirus. And I still have that. I really need help on this >_<

Can anyone aid me?

You might be banned from WiFi. Have you ever traded over a hacked Pokemon over WiFi?

Anyways, will anyone answer my question?

Hatchet
07-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Whenever there's a communication error I can't get on wifi until the next day.
What is happening?
~Gogeta

radiantfire
07-29-2007, 09:27 AM
I haven't been banned but whenever I seek pokemon using the GTS, I always get 3 trade partners even if I'm searching for simple pokemon. Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening?

mistdragon
07-29-2007, 05:19 PM
You might be banned from WiFi. Have you ever traded over a hacked Pokemon over WiFi?

Anyways, will anyone answer my question?

No! I can't even hack to begin with!

But someone once traded me a HACKED Zapdos =.=

WILL THAT AFFECT ME?! O_O

To Add On;
I am unable to Check Leaders in Battle Tower either.
I tried Mario Kart and I am also unable to connect to WFC. ._.

okitakun
07-30-2007, 02:06 PM
The name of it is VWestell.

The SSID is VWest

Hello? Still need help

jabpoké
08-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Seeing some decent things others have done on Wi-Fi, I wanted to connect to it, but it said no point in range which I don't understand.

T-MAD
08-19-2007, 08:24 AM
Okay, I have no trouble getting onto wifi by going to the bottom floor of a pkmn center, and i talk to the lady and go inside and connect.
I have a couple people on my palpad.
It brings me to a blue screen with invite and disconnect.
So what do I do?
How do I get to the Trade center or what ever?

ASHv7
08-20-2007, 06:30 PM
I was tryin to trade with feather but we dont see each other on Wi-fi y is that?

Cool Kid 94
08-20-2007, 06:37 PM
I was tryin to trade with feather but we dont see each other on Wi-fi y is that?

one of you don't have the other one registered, or you registered the wrong FC.

ASHv7
08-20-2007, 06:39 PM
one of you don't have the other one registered, or you registered the wrong FC.
kk ill check but hes off line ill deal wih that later thx

cattysmith
08-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Ive tried a few times to connect to wifi through my ds to play on my Pokemon Diamond but I always get a message saying no access point in range when im standing right next to my router, can anyone help me out ?

Absolluverforeva
08-30-2007, 01:04 AM
Can you have WiFi on a regular Ds and not a DS light? I'm asking this for a firend.
~Shandra Reid!!! <3

Tokoro
08-30-2007, 01:35 AM
you sure can^^ both the regular and DS lite work.

PaPeRpLaNe
08-30-2007, 01:56 AM
Okay, the access point comes up, but it says it's security is not approved by Nintendo, and I need to change it to WEP Security.

How do I do that?
And once I do that, can I set up WiFi?

Tyler Birch
08-30-2007, 04:18 AM
Is it true that you can get banned from wifi? if so how?
please answer!:biggrin:

Cool Kid 94
08-30-2007, 01:13 PM
Okay, I have no trouble getting onto wifi by going to the bottom floor of a pkmn center, and i talk to the lady and go inside and connect.
I have a couple people on my palpad.
It brings me to a blue screen with invite and disconnect.
So what do I do?
How do I get to the Trade center or what ever?

Click Invite and then click Trade.

Ive tried a few times to connect to wifi through my ds to play on my Pokemon Diamond but I always get a message saying no access point in range when im standing right next to my router, can anyone help me out ?

Your router isn't Nintendo WFC compatible. Either that or you connected to someone else's router.

Is it true that you can get banned from wifi? if so how?
please answer!:biggrin:

If Nintendo finds out that you have hacked Pokemon.

cattysmith
08-31-2007, 03:35 PM
Your router isn't Nintendo WFC compatible. Either that or you connected to someone else's router.

In the past it used to say something about my netgear security not allowing me to use wifi and I need to change the settings now its just stopped all together and I could swear my netgear (DG834G) is compatible

PaPeRpLaNe
08-31-2007, 05:17 PM
Okay, the access point comes up, but it says it's security is not approved by Nintendo, and I need to change it to WEP Security.

How do I do that?

No answers whatsoever? Come on..

_Twilight mew_
08-31-2007, 09:20 PM
Click Invite and then click Trade.

If Nintendo finds out that you have hacked Pokemon.

ZOMG! Its cool kid! XD
You have no idea who I am right?

Lol, anyway,

I'm getting a new router tomorow!
Very exited!!

I'm just wondering if the cloning cheat is true when you go into wi-fi,

And that when you put pokemon up for trade, can you select a wishlist of what you want?

Tokoro
08-31-2007, 09:37 PM
ZOMG! Its cool kid! XD
You have no idea who I am right?

Lol, anyway,

I'm getting a new router tomorow!
Very exited!!

I'm just wondering if the cloning cheat is true when you go into wi-fi,

And that when you put pokemon up for trade, can you select a wishlist of what you want?

you can clone via the GTS (I'm not good at it so don't ask me how^^;;) but it is possible.

and that's kind of the idea. You put a pokemon up for trade, and you pick one pokemon you've seen before that you want. then if somebody has that and wants to trade they can^^

_Twilight mew_
08-31-2007, 09:40 PM
you can clone via the GTS (I'm not good at it so don't ask me how^^;;) but it is possible.

and that's kind of the idea. You put a pokemon up for trade, and you pick one pokemon you've seen before that you want. then if somebody has that and wants to trade they can^^
Oh, I see so its the pokemon you've seen before, so you can't put up an, well in my case mew for the wishlist, oh well.

Tokoro
08-31-2007, 09:43 PM
exactly, but if you get someone to trade you one, then trade it back, you could^^;

I was sad when I found out you couldn't do it that way too >.>

the_wolf
09-01-2007, 09:19 PM
K, here's the deal. I got back from vacation and my internet was mysteriously down. My dad called sympatico and they walked him through setting up a new connection. Sympatico2 connection is now unused and it's now Sympatico7. I tried going on wifi like 7 times and it will not connect, is it because of the new internet connection? Do I have to reinstall my Wifi connection program.

Please help, I know nothing of computers and I just want wifi back, thanks.

_Twilight mew_
09-01-2007, 11:38 PM
Uhm, Say you have a elekid with electric booser, And you trade it over wi-fi, Will it evolve?

PaPeRpLaNe
09-02-2007, 01:59 AM
Uhm, Say you have a elekid with electric booser, And you trade it over wi-fi, Will it evolve?

Needs to be an Electabuzz first. Yes, it will. But they probably won't trade it back. Find a Lonely Elekid first.

How do I do that?

I'll ask again..

the_wolf
09-02-2007, 05:33 PM
K, here's the deal. I got back from vacation and my internet was mysteriously down. My dad called sympatico and they walked him through setting up a new connection. Sympatico2 connection is now unused and it's now Sympatico7. I tried going on wifi like 7 times and it will have a green symbol meaning it will connect, then at the last second it goes red and there is an error.

Can anyone help please?

TheEvilDookie
09-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Can anyone help please?
if you can get on the internet, just check the error code on the nintendo wifi site. the problem may be that you need to disable a firewall

PaPeRpLaNe
09-03-2007, 12:09 AM

How do I do that?

Okay, I'll repeat it in a more simple way.

Whenever I try to use Search for an Access Point, it says that my Access Point's Security Setting's are not compatible with Nintendo. I checked a manual, and it says WiFi is compatible with any security other than WEP. (The WEP is that long code you use for your Connection, the one with a bunch of random letters)

Therefore, my access point's Security is not WEP.
How do I change this?

Absol Master
09-05-2007, 11:42 PM
I need help real bad.
When I testmy connection with the new router, it's perfectly fine, but when i try to get on any wi-fi related things, It says I've been disconnected from wi-fi!!

Help, please!!

Cool Kid 94
09-06-2007, 12:13 AM
K, here's the deal. I got back from vacation and my internet was mysteriously down. My dad called sympatico and they walked him through setting up a new connection. Sympatico2 connection is now unused and it's now Sympatico7. I tried going on wifi like 7 times and it will not connect, is it because of the new internet connection? Do I have to reinstall my Wifi connection program.

Reconnect to your Wi-Fi connection with the Nintendo WFC settings.

Okay, I'll repeat it in a more simple way.

Whenever I try to use Search for an Access Point, it says that my Access Point's Security Setting's are not compatible with Nintendo. I checked a manual, and it says WiFi is compatible with any security other than WEP. (The WEP is that long code you use for your Connection, the one with a bunch of random letters)

Therefore, my access point's Security is not WEP.
How do I change this?

Oh, so you're saying your access point is does not have a WEP Key? You need to set one, but IDK how. Ask the company you got it from or something like that, I'm young so I don't know that much lol.

I need help real bad.
When I testmy connection with the new router, it's perfectly fine, but when i try to get on any wi-fi related things, It says I've been disconnected from wi-fi!!

Help, please!!

Um... you must've been trying to go on when your Wi-Fi connection was bad. Just try again tomorrow.

PaPeRpLaNe
09-06-2007, 12:41 AM
Oh, so you're saying your access point is does not have a WEP Key? You need to set one, but IDK how. Ask the company you got it from or something like that, I'm young so I don't know that much lol.

Err..I have a WEP Key, it's that long gibber-ish code.
It' just it says my security setting's are't compatible with Nintendo. I checked the manual, and it says the security must be changed to WEP. How do I do that, is my question.

Cool Kid 94
09-06-2007, 12:45 AM
Err..I have a WEP Key, it's that long gibber-ish code.
It' just it says my security setting's are't compatible with Nintendo. I checked the manual, and it says the security must be changed to WEP. How do I do that, is my question.

Oh yeah, there's a gray lock thing. Changing it to WEP would make it a red lock.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that, lol...

PaPeRpLaNe
09-06-2007, 12:47 AM
Oh yeah, there's a gray lock thing. Changing it to WEP would make it a red lock.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that, lol...

Yes, I was afraid of that.

Absol Master
09-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Reconnect to your Wi-Fi connection with the Nintendo WFC settings.

Um... you must've been trying to go on when your Wi-Fi connection was bad. Just try again tomorrow.

But I've been trying since tuesday!

Dragon Trainer Kid
09-08-2007, 01:51 PM
well what isn't good that every pokemon can go in any second
and you will not find it

LilCharZ
09-09-2007, 06:17 PM
I got a question. If you battle a guy on Wi-Fi, and he has a Pkmn you haven't seen before, does the pokemon get added to your Pokedex?

Treeky111
09-14-2007, 07:26 PM
How do you GTS clone?

TheEvilDookie
09-14-2007, 10:42 PM
How do you GTS clone?
There are many videos on youtube that demonstrate the procedures

Dragonblade
09-18-2007, 08:38 PM
A little hint a good place to find WiFi connections is at laptop spaces in libraries. I've seen them on ferry boats too.
But I'm lucky, I have it in my room!

gazzie
09-20-2007, 10:30 AM
i bought a nintendo wifi usb connector, i installed all the software, and then it wouldnt connect to my DS, then after a few tries it connected, then i tried again another time and it wouldnt connect.

but i found out if you have your wi-fi usb connector in sight of your DS it works :happy:

if anyone else is havin a problem with thiers just have the two devices (DS and USB connector) parallel

Cool Kid 94
09-20-2007, 02:46 PM
I got a question. If you battle a guy on Wi-Fi, and he has a Pkmn you haven't seen before, does the pokemon get added to your Pokedex?

No. Niether do you gain exp.

Frozen_in_Time
09-20-2007, 04:01 PM
No. Niether do you gain exp.
aw....that sucks,nevermind i never battle anyway..
HEY i just descovered what <3 means!!!its a heart!!!i never knew!
~berry

PaPeRpLaNe
09-30-2007, 01:44 AM
Does anyone know how to change the acess point's security to WEP/WPA?

Would Reinstalling it turn it to WEP?