PDA

View Full Version : the FCC: The Epitome of Hypocrisy

Alakazam
09-10-2004, 12:40 AM
Has anyone been paying any attention to the FCC lately? (For those who don't know, the FCC is the Federal Communications Comission) Anyway, here's what's been going down. They've been charging radio DJ Howard Stern with charges of 'indecency', but only after Stern made frank statements against "President" Bush. There are plenty of other shows that are dirtier than his, but they are left alone :rolleyes: >_<

I've also heard that Oprah (I don't really watch it, but I've read exercpts online here and there for evidence) that are sexually explicit, and yet she is untouched. (the FCC even went as far as to say that they can't charge her because she's "beloved"...) On one occasion, three radio/TV talk shows (including the Jimmy Kimmel Show) played an explicit audio clip from Oprah, and it was allowed as-is. But, later that day, Howard Stern attempted to play it, and more than 75% of the clip was bleeped out.

Hmmm...any thoughts? :silenced:

Caite-chan
09-10-2004, 08:17 PM
It sometimes depends on what channel it plays on.

For example: WWE

RAW: Played on Spike...hardly anything is bleeped out.
Smackdown!: Played on UPN...just about every cuse word is bleeped out.

It all depends on what channel it's on and what the channel allows to be said.

JohtoTrainer
09-10-2004, 09:47 PM
It wasn't after his comments about Bush. This has been going on for forever. Oprah uses some HORRIBLE terms on her show worse then oward Stern. If he tried to say those same things he would be taken off the air in a sec.

The reason everyone is so mad, is because someone called in and said the "N' word. Right after it was said Stern hung-up on them, immediantly. Yet they stillthreaten to take him off the air because of that.

The thing I heard Oprh talking about was "Lipstick on the Dipstick" or "Rainbow" A popular college game that is not proper to speak of right now.

Alakazam
09-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Yeah, their (the FCC's) double standards sicken me...then again, double standards exist in many other places as well in our world (unfortunately).

Kenny_C.002
09-15-2004, 02:04 AM
The thing I heard Oprh talking about was "Lipstick on the Dipstick" or "Rainbow" A popular college game that is not proper to speak of right now.

It's becoming a popular highschool game. X_X

The End
09-25-2004, 01:51 PM
x_x;;

FCC is a bunch of idiots, plain and simple. Oprah is much worse than Howard Stern.