PDA

View Full Version : A Digimon Roleplay?

Draconic_Espeon
05-02-2007, 11:11 PM
I've had an idea for a Digimon roleplay for quite some time now, but before really going anywhere with it, I wanted to see if there are any serious roleplyers that would actually consider joining.

Please, if you do not like Digimon, don't come here simply to bash it or flame me. While constructive critisism is not only welcome but appreciated, I don't want random posts that say 'ur stupid so is Digimon haha'.

Anyway, the plot...

A game company affiliated with the Digimon franchise, which has recently skyrocketed in popularity around the world, has finally devised the ultimate way to experiance Digimon. What could be better than the virtual Digital World right at your fingertips? It's the ultimate videogame, inserting a child into the action with their own personalized Digimon. It all seems real, almost too real... Before it is completed, the main villain of the game, a dark Digimon named Gervartitymon, develops a mind of its own. Taking over the processors and owners of the company, he is now able to manipulate those in the real world... But wants more. He wants to become real, to have the ability to rule the human world as well as the Digital World. However, he also wants a challenge- simply taking what he wants would be too easy. He creates a contest, where five(maybe more) lucky participants get the once in a lifetime chance to 'experiance Digimon first hand'. Little do they know, they are simply pawns in a long chess game, and that they are humanity's only hope...

So, each roleplayer will create they're own Digimon, with digivolutions up to Mega form. In addition to the main objective of defeating Gervartitymon and returning to the Human World, in a set of smaller quests the roleplayers need to find crests and later gems, which are simply a powered-up form of crests that allow warp digivolution. Digivices and tags are given upon joining. The Digivices themselves are a version of the D2's, only with more features, like instant messaging.

Yes, I know it's a bit similar to Knightblazer's ANIMES roleplay, but I created this long before he created that roleplay. The original idea actually came from the Digimon World Three game. Oh, and by the way... The roleplay, as well as the game within it, is called Digimon: Online.

So, questions, comments, concerns, anyone?

Lord Celebi
05-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Count me in. I've always been a fan of Digimon.

Negative Zone
05-02-2007, 11:20 PM
A Digimon RP would be awesome, in fact I've been waiting for one. :D

Draconic_Espeon
05-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Wow, already two people, and one is a mod...

Thanks, though I'm not sure when I'll get this up. It's just mostly under construction now.

Lord Celebi
05-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Wow, already two people, and one is a mod...

Thanks, though I'm not sure when I'll get this up. It's just mostly under construction now.

You piqued my interest.

Hope this gets up soon... I can't wait :P

kitten_Gal
05-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Count me in.I love digimon.

Lord Fedora
05-03-2007, 01:50 AM
I'll join, but first I'm going to try Psychic's plot judgement style (if you don't know who he is, he's a mod in the RP section of Serebii.) Wish me luck, cause I have never done it this way before.

Anyway, the plot...

A game company affiliated with the Digimon franchise, which has recently skyrocketed in popularity around the world, has finally devised the ultimate way to experiance Digimon.

Why has it skyrocketed? What made people so much more interested in Digimon all of a sudden?

What could be better than the virtual Digital World right at your fingertips? It's the ultimate videogame, inserting a child into the action with their own personalized Digimon.

How does that work? Is there some sort of brain scanner, or a VR pod or something? If so then how does it work?

It all seems real, almost too real... Before it is completed, the main villain of the game, a dark Digimon named Gervartitymon, develops a mind of its own.

Again, how? How does a computer program suddenly become an AI? Also, what is Gervartitymon's role in the game itself, before developing it's own mind?

Taking over the processors and owners of the company, he is now able to manipulate those in the real world...

You know I must be getting tired of asking this, but how? How does it have the power to reach between cyberspace and the real world, and how can he brainwash the minds of humans?

But wants more. He wants to become real, to have the ability to rule the human world as well as the Digital World. However, he also wants a challenge- simply taking what he wants would be too easy.

Okay, since when does any villain not take the easy way out? Evil villains aren't supposed to give the good guys a fighting chance if they can help it, except for certain ones who usually end up not being very evil and who believe in honor.

He creates a contest, where five(maybe more) lucky participants get the once in a lifetime chance to 'experiance Digimon first hand'. Little do they know, they are simply pawns in a long chess game, and that they are humanity's only hope...

What does he have to gain from that? There is absolutely no reason why he would do something like that, especially not if it serves no purpose other than to amuse him. Also, how are those 5 chosen? Is it random, do they have special talents, if so how does he know about them?

Okay, my attempt at a new role has been served, and I think I did okay at it. I've given my point of veiw, you can ignore it if you want to. the big difference between me and Psychic is that people have to listen to him. Me, on the other hand, can be completely ignored, I'm jjust saying that if you take the plot a step up, you can get better RPers, and thus your RP wil then be better itself. It is good the way it is, but those were just what I saw could be better. Sorry, I'm rambling, aren't I? Well, anyway, I have homework to finish.

Edit: Oh cud. I just went over the plot I've been working on in Word, and not only is the plot kind of similar, but I made many of the same mistakes. Now I'm a hypocrite. Oh well, nobody's perfect.

Dr Scott
05-03-2007, 09:37 AM
I have always been a fan of Digimon, honestly enough ^^. Well, only seasons 1 and 2.

When I was younger I thought up my own Digimon partner, too xD.

First Movie ftw :o.

Lord Fedora
05-03-2007, 10:51 AM
I loved the first three seasons, I only caught the last half of the fourth, and they didn't air the fifth season in America. And I've created so many of my own imaginary digimon partners, it's not even funny.

Shen
05-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Wow. This sounds pretty good, DE. I can't wait for it!

Pokeboy sarab
05-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Can I join? I know tons about digimon, and I am as obsessed with it as I am with pokemon.

Negative Zone
05-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Can I join? I know tons about digimon, and I am as obsessed with it as I am with pokemon.

I knew you'd want to join.

Draconic_Espeon
05-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Anyone who wants to can join, whenever I get sign-ups actually up. I'm going to work on them today, so maybe today or tomorrow. As for Nate's analyzus...

Why has it skyrocketed? What made people so much more interested in Digimon all of a sudden?

(I'll add this into the plot, I suppose.) The Digimon franchise has been adding more to itself, slowly converting into something geared more towards teenagers than children. Darker plots in the anime, as well as Digimon with names that don't make you want to start laughing. They've also introduced a variety of new video games, again keeping with the darker feel. So, in addition to little kids and the fanatics who still watched it anyway, older teenagers with a love of anime are coming to watch Digimon as well.

How does that work? Is there some sort of brain scanner, or a VR pod or something? If so then how does it work?

Yeah, it's a pod, like in DW3. Basically, the computer scans you biologically and recreates you as data. Then, your brain is linked to the computer with a series of wires strapped to your head. A brief electrical shock, and you're there.

Again, how? How does a computer program suddenly become an AI? Also, what is Gervartitymon's role in the game itself, before developing it's own mind?

He was AI to begin with. Part of the Digimon's programming is that they think and fight for themselves. All partner Digimon have been programmed to protect their human, all other Digimon are programmed for survival. Gervartitymon was somewhat more complex, and ultimately they made him too intelligent. His role was the baddie, obviously.

You know I must be getting tired of asking this, but how? How does it have the power to reach between cyberspace and the real world, and how can he brainwash the minds of humans?

It started when they began testing things out. One of Gervartitymon's main attacks are Dark Hypnosis, giving him the ability to control other Digimon if they don't join him willingly. There was a bug, though, that enabled him to hypnotize humans as well. Every tester that went in came out gibbering incomprehensively, until finally one attacked and was able to get the rest thoroughly hypnotized as well. As of now, it can't reach the human world, it can only direct from inside the Digital World. The whole point is to defeat him before the portal can be completed.

Okay, since when does any villain not take the easy way out? Evil villains aren't supposed to give the good guys a fighting chance if they can help it, except for certain ones who usually end up not being very evil and who believe in honor.

To say little else, Gervartitymon is sadistic. He wants power and domination, but he wants to mess with the humans as well. He has no intention of letting them win. He went out already and collected all the Gems, which allow the Digidestined's Digimon to warp digivolve. Without those, they have no chance.

What does he have to gain from that? There is absolutely no reason why he would do something like that, especially not if it serves no purpose other than to amuse him. Also, how are those 5 chosen? Is it random, do they have special talents, if so how does he know about them?

Nothing but the ability to scare some kids out of their minds and watch them fail and get destroyed. Like I said, he's sadistic. The five are chosen completely by random. It's just a drawing. Hopeful kids enter, only five random choices get to go.

Um, Crests and Gems will be more explained at my sign-up thread. Hopefully that sheds some light for people, or at least Nate... XD

EDIT: Also, as a warning, sign-up sheets will be long. After all, ou hve to describe your Digimon, at least four levels of it. We'll be keeping mostly with Rookie-Mega, but you can add on weaker forms if you want.

Dr Scott
05-03-2007, 11:17 PM
:o, I only watched Seasons 1 & 2, will I be really out of the loop of the story because I have not watched the rest? Seriously, antyhing past the original team being fully gone lost my interest xD, Matt ftw.

And can we use mon already taken for our own? The one I created has Leomon in it as Champion.

Draconic_Espeon
05-03-2007, 11:24 PM
It shouldn't matter, accept if people start talking about the other seasons in character. But, most of the ideas come from the first season, anyway, with crests and warp digivolving... We may do DNA digivolving, but that's a big if.

And yeah, existing Digimon are fine. You can even use one of the Digimon used by the actual Digidestined in the various series if you want.

Crossfire Chaos
05-04-2007, 12:05 AM
would you mind if I sign-up preemptively? Like sign-up first and then see weather I can do this RP too? I don't know how free my summer is going to be yet and I was hoping I could.

Draconic_Espeon
05-04-2007, 12:14 AM
Believe me, I completely understand, and it's fine. ^^

Sign-ups are up, by the way.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1079714#post1079714

Lord Fedora
05-04-2007, 01:58 AM
Okay, your explanation was good, but there's still one problem. You haven't put that into the plot. If it's not in the plot, no one is going to know. That's the only real problem. Other than that... I am so signing up!

Draconic_Espeon
05-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Thing about it is, some of that isn't necessary, the rest is a 'you'll find out later' thing. I'll go through and add anything I think needs to be added, though.

Lord Celebi
05-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Okay, your explanation was good, but there's still one problem. You haven't put that into the plot. If it's not in the plot, no one is going to know. That's the only real problem. Other than that... I am so signing up!

Its a Digimon Role Play. There's a basic plot outline, and its a freakin' Digimon RP! There hasn't been one of these is a while.

Lord Fedora
05-04-2007, 09:50 PM
Its a Digimon Role Play. There's a basic plot outline, and its a freakin' Digimon RP! There hasn't been one of these is a while.
Are you kidding me? Only three weeks ago Serebiiforums.com was completely full of Digimon RPs, they were the hottest RP trend I've ever seen over there. You totally missed it man, it was awesome. I didn' manage to get into a single one of them, but who cares?

Draconic_Espeon
05-04-2007, 10:50 PM
... I don't roleplay at Serebii. I've only used this roleplay before at Neopets, and, well, there, roleplays last as long as the people are on. XP

Lord Celebi
05-05-2007, 02:34 AM
Are you kidding me? Only three weeks ago Serebiiforums.com was completely full of Digimon RPs, they were the hottest RP trend I've ever seen over there. You totally missed it man, it was awesome. I didn' manage to get into a single one of them, but who cares?

I don't RP at Serebii. I'd rather RP at my home; PE2K.

LordZangoose
05-05-2007, 02:38 AM
I used to go to Serebii, but then some of the people that modded there *coughPsychicandlady_Myuucough* ruined the creativity and fun of the RPing sections. The other amusing thing is that while people whose plots were maybe 10 words below the requirements were given infractions, members that practically screamed at members constantly (Yami Ryu, who is 20 times worse than me on my worst days on average) were friends with mods so they got a break every time.

Lord Fedora
05-05-2007, 02:39 AM
I don't RP at Serebii. I'd rather RP at my home; PE2K.
Well, the trend is over, so it doesn't matter anyway. But anyway, I also perfer it here. Too many rules on Serebii. But, for the sake of anti-SPAMiness, my SU is up. Just waiting for approval.

LZ, I agree with you 112%. Psychic was the worst of the two, I didn't see much of Lady Myuu. My main problem was the high expectations. I mean, they make it seem like if you can't write 3 pages per post, you're a bad RPer, which is just plain insulting. *Goes back to Serebii and slaps all the Admins and Mods who have something to do with the Roleplaying forum.*