PDA

View Full Version : Kobold tribal

Finglonger
05-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Wanted to have some fun at next weeks friday night magic, Im missing tonight so Im currently looking through a huge tub of a buddies cards and trying to make an awesome Kobold tribal. What follows is whatever I have managed to find and the suggestions which I'll try to trade for or search through thousands of singles for.

Land(16)
Kher Keepx1
Mountain x15

Creatures(24)
Crimson Kobolds x4
Crookshank Kobolds x4
Kobold drill seargent x4
Kobold overlord x4
Kobold taskmasterx4
Kobolds of Kher Keepx4

Spells(20)
Furious Assault x4
Goblin Bombardment x4
Breaking point x3
slate of ancestry x2
Feldon's cane x3
Browbeat x4

At first I was thinking about going straight beatdown, but then I thought I could just use the kobolds to deal massive damage without ever attacking. Furious assault pummels them rather nicely as kobolds come in, then goblin bombardment uses them again to give crap. Feldons cane recycles them. Browbeat and slate of ancestry are there for draw. Im iffy on breaking point, I was thinking of taking it out for furnace of rath.

Also I have the enchants to go straight beatdown, I was considering that too, but I rather like this set up. I'll have to play test it, I pretty much have the entire deck, Im short the breaking points, another reason Im unsure of whether or not I want to actually use them.

Kenny_C.002
05-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Why you're using feldon's canes are beyond me. I really don't see the potential of that outside of a crappy wrath counter. Slates are okay I guess. You can get a lot of guys out in a hurry, then reload. The problem is that slates are quite expensive to use. Your low mana boase doesn't help in this aspect.

I'll have to look at some of the other cards, since I've never seen them before. XD

Finglonger
05-05-2007, 09:09 PM
After I sac my own guys I reshuffle them back in with Feldon's cane, I don't know. I did some play testing, the deck performed pretty ok, there are some bugs to work out. you're right with the slate of ancestry a couple of hands I ended up dropping 4 Kobolds and a mountain first turn, only to draw slate next and have to wait to play it. I'm considering going beatdown instead of what I have now, and putting in a gaea's cradle or two for the colorless mana which if I go beatdown will help with the coat of arms too.

Kenny_C.002
05-06-2007, 12:59 AM
Roughly how many guys do you end up shuffling back in any given game anyway?

Finglonger
05-06-2007, 04:38 AM
It's very situational actually, depends on what Im facing. As I can see it I've only really gotten use out of it on one or two occasions, I suppoose I could drop the canes.