PDA

View Full Version : Fastest way to get my Riolu to evolve.

EvolutionNerd
05-06-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm trying to get my Riolu http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa447.png into a Lucario http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa448.png as fast as possible, both time wise and level wise. I want him to start learning the Lucario moves as soon as he can.

Thus far I've given him 8 Calciums, 5 Carbos, attached the Soothe Bell and given him a massage. Anything else I can do? Is there a limit to how many vitamins you can give him? And is there any way to know if he's ready to evolve?

Thanks everyone!

MagmarMan
05-06-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm trying to get my Riolu http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa447.png into a Lucario http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa448.png as fast as possible, both time wise and level wise. I want him to start learning the Lucario moves as soon as he can.

Thus far I've given him 8 Calciums, 5 Carbos, attached the Soothe Bell and given him a massage. Anything else I can do? Is there a limit to how many vitamins you can give him? And is there any way to know if he's ready to evolve?

Thanks everyone!

There is a vitamin limit though I don't know it.

You should just level him up and give him massages every day.

You can get a poketec app. for happiness.

Hoshika
05-06-2007, 10:57 PM

Thanks everyone!

Walkwalkwalkwalkwalkwalkwalkwalkwalk.

Start trashing up the Pokémon on routes 201 - 204. Works wonders for happiness.

If you're going for the no-battle way, start cycling in a straight line up and down from Solaceon Town. You'll find that the Happiness will go up eventually.

And try feeding it those berries. RISK: Stats will lower by about one point.

AshMistyMayfan
05-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Well for me, I just had it in my party/the Happiny Egg. I was walking like 10,000 steps to hatch the darn thing including riding my bike!:tongue: Then I mated an Emploeon/Marill to get Piplup (traded Piplup for Steelix since those things seem rare in that cave as I only saw 2 out of 70 encountered Pokemon!:tongue: Then I battled at night with Riolu and jacked its level up to 21. I checked its happiness and after 25,000 steps, it had 2 hearts, meaning it liked me a lot. I leveled it to 24, learned Screech and there was my Lucario.

It basically just took me one day, 23 levels, and no fainting. I walked a lot hatching 2 eggs.:happy:

Featherdust
05-06-2007, 11:00 PM
If the Lucario is intended for competitive battling, don't use Berries because they lower stats. Just like the others said, just walkwalkwalk and trash weak Pokemon (don't let it faint!), along with feeding the Vitamins. Search Google for the limitations if you're curious. If you want you can simply carry it around with you if you're training others and keep an eye on the Happiness Checker in your Poketch.

MagmarMan
05-06-2007, 11:01 PM
If the Lucario is intended for competitive battling, don't use Berries because they lower stats. Just like the others said, just walkwalkwalk and trash weak Pokemon (don't let it faint!), along with feeding the Vitamins. Search Google for the limitations if you're curious. If you want you can simply carry it around with you if you're training others and keep an eye on the Happiness Checker in your Poketch.

Does fainting hurt a pokemons happiness? I've heard both sides to that question.

EvolutionNerd
05-06-2007, 11:03 PM
So on the happiness indicator for the Poketch, once is has two hearts when I tap on it, that means it is ready to evolve?

MagmarMan
05-06-2007, 11:05 PM
So on the happiness indicator for the Poketch, once is has two hearts when I tap on it, that means it is ready to evolve?

I think so but some people said that you need two big hearts (is that what you're talking about)?

AshMistyMayfan
05-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Does fainting hurt a pokemons happiness? I've heard both sides to that question.

It does believe it or not because when my Buneary female fainted, it took all the way to level 31 to evolve it.

EvolutionNerd
05-06-2007, 11:09 PM
Search Google for the limitations if you're curious.

Looks like 10 vitamins for each stat for anyone who is interested. Thanks all.

Featherdust
05-06-2007, 11:14 PM
Yay! I was useful.

Cybernetic Ghost
05-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Yep. They dont have to go to the max size of the 2 hearts, just 2 hearts.

I gave mine 14/15 vits(9 special attack ones, 5 or 6 speed), 2 massages and ran around alot with soothe bell. Level 2 lucario.

Yeah, but I think it hurts more if the pokemon likes you more. If you just get it and it faints, it dosnt do much I THINK.

EvolutionNerd
05-06-2007, 11:25 PM
Yep. They dont have to go to the max size of the 2 hearts, just 2 hearts.
Hmm... 'cause I have two hearts (small hearts) right now, and he's not evolving... level 9. And I've already used my massage for today, and I'm out of money for more vitamins.

EDIT: Nevermind, evolved at level 10. Thanks all!

Edward Elric
05-06-2007, 11:34 PM
I got my Lucario this way:
Exp. Share.
I kept it in my party and by level 25 I had my baby! Yeah I call my Lucario my baby. I gave it two carobs and that's all she wrote! They gain good exp. points, too. Mine,s already lv. 53!

Salamence
05-07-2007, 12:09 AM
Don't let it faint.
Since you've already givin it vitamins and gave it the sooth bell, just keep battling. The battle after my Riolu had two hearts it evolved.