PDA

View Full Version : Catching Dialga

Venusaur456
05-08-2007, 09:48 PM
I thought I would make a guide of a good way to catch legendaries:

For Dialga:
First of all buy 10 Hyper Potions, 30 Ultra Balls and 5 Timer Balls. Before battling Dialga, SAVE THE GAME! Then I would use a Lv 60 Water pokemon that knows Surf against it. Use surf and it will get Dialga into the red zone (probably). If it is a critical hit and Dialga faints, luckily you should have saved your game before you fought Dialga. Just as you know, Dialga's attacks are Metal Claw, Ancient Power, Dragon Claw and Roar Of Time. After you use Surf Dialga's health should be in the red or almost in the red. After that throw Ultra Balls. I caught my Dialga on the 13th Ultra Ball, but if Dialga keeps coming out make throw Timer Balls. If you don't catch Dialga, turn your DS off and try again. You can also battle Dialga at night and throw Dusk Balls.

Zavelin
05-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Or, you could wait 'til night time and use Dusk Balls.

.AzureLight
05-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Or you could just use the Master Ball. :neutral:

Venusaur456
05-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Or you could just use the Master Ball. :neutral:
It's a better idea to use the Master Ball on Mesprit or Cressilia, because they run away. Besides, if you used the Master Ball, then you wouldn't have a challenge.

mjb4991
05-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Yeah.

Ultra ball= 2x chance of a pokeball.:happy:

Dusk= 4x chance of a pokeball (if night or in a cave).:cool:

Venusaur456
05-08-2007, 09:57 PM
There I edited the post and added the Dusk Ball part.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
05-08-2007, 09:59 PM
I thought I would make a guide of a good way to catch legendaries:

For Dialga:
First of all buy 10 Hyper Potions, 30 Ultra Balls and 5 Timer Balls.Then I would use a Lv 60 Water pokemon that knows Surf against it. Use surf and it will get Dialga into the red zone (probably). If it is a critical hit and Dialga faints, luckily you should have saved your game before you fought Dialga. Just as you know, Dialga's attacks are Metal Claw, Ancient Power, Dragon Claw and Roar Of Time. After you use Surf Dialga's health should be in the red or almost in the red. After that throw Ultra Balls. I caught my Dialga on the 13th Ultra Ball, but if Dialga keeps coming out make throw Timer Balls. If you don't catch Dialga, turn your DS off and try again.

Okay, besides being unessential to the whole of this forum, here's a couple pointers:

Always mention the need to save first RIGHT AWAY, and in all caps, maybe bolded. As in, the first thing you write. Always. Because then if some n00b messages you saying "What do I do if I kill it? Your guide doesn't say!", you can say "It was capped and bolded in the first sentence you idiot!". Many people overlook things like that, so make it obvious.

And don't go for the red zone right away. Too risky. Paralyze seems most effective, since Burn/Poisin will kill it and Freeze/Sleep fade after time.

Then work it down slow with ineffective attacks. Know how much an attack does, and use weak ones in case of a critical hit. Not as weak as Tackle, mind you... Being the Steel type Dialga is, Tackle will get you nowhere... Unless you widdle down his red zone further.

And buy 50 Ultra Balls, and Revives are more important than Potions sometimes. I'd get 15 of each.

Now that may be over-preparation, but because of over-preparing, you won't have that tough of a time! And right near the top should be mentioned that for Dialga, LV 40-50's are recommended, with one of which having good Defences.

Hope this helps your cause.

MagmarMan
05-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Yeah.

Ultra ball= 2x chance of a pokeball.:happy:

Dusk= 4x chance of a pokeball (if night or in a cave).:cool:

I've heard that Dialga is really easy to catch. Lots of stories of 2 ultra ball catches:tongue: .

mjb4991
05-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Yeah, I caught my legendary (Palkia) in a Premeir Ball.

MagmarMan
05-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I caught my legendary (Palkia) in a Premeir Ball.

Wow, since premier balls are the same as poke balls...That was really lucky!

Skyler Kuhn
05-09-2007, 12:19 AM
I've heard that Dialga is really easy to catch. Lots of stories of 2 ultra ball catches:tongue: .
he IS easy to catch!

APrfctcrcl00
05-09-2007, 12:43 AM
I just got him useing only 3 Quick Balls :-D

he killed 2 of my guys and then on my third try i got him :)

Hyper Blaze
05-09-2007, 01:11 AM
I used my master ball for some reason... The guide is good... But um... Not everyone would choose empoeon and train it to lv. 60... I suggest you make a guide in which you can use weaker pokemon...

Venusaur456
05-09-2007, 11:25 PM
I just made this incase someone couldn't catch it.

Midnight
05-09-2007, 11:33 PM
I used my master ball for some reason... The guide is good... But um... Not everyone would choose empoeon and train it to lv. 60... I suggest you make a guide in which you can use weaker pokemon...

It doesn't have to be Empoleon.
He said any Lv.60 Water type.
---------------------------
By the way, I didn't use a Lv.60 Pokemon.
I used my Lv.40-48 Empoleon for Dialga.
On the first try I accidently fainted it, and on the second time battling it,
I caught it with the 3rd Ultra Ball. Half health, no status condition. ^^

naturalgenius
05-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Or you could just use Dusk balls or a Master ball.

And a good way to catch Uxie and Azelf is to get a level 60 Fire Pokemon that knows flame wheel (this usually works) use it once, then just keep using Dusk balls. I used 2 on each if thats at all reasuring. Hope I helped lol :smile:

Venusaur456
05-10-2007, 08:40 PM
It doesn't have to be Empoleon.
He said any Lv.60 Water type.
---------------------------
By the way, I didn't use a Lv.60 Pokemon.
I used my Lv.40-48 Empoleon for Dialga.
On the first try I accidently fainted it, and on the second time battling it,
I caught it with the 3rd Ultra Ball. Half health, no status condition. ^^
Exactly. I didn't say Empoleon.